Final

Still

Running through the busy ward, Chanyeol has to go to this unconscious man lying on the bed with blood all over his body.

 

"What happened?" He asked frantically to one of the nurses.

 

"He got into a car accident, Dr. Park."

 

As he darted his eyes to the guy, he was sure he is famillar. He frowned a little too hard staring at him. When he gets closer, he was stabbed into a million times as he realized who it is.

 

 

 

It's him.

 

 

 

He knows he should go and hurry up to do the operation but, he can't move. As much as he wants to hold him, he can't. He is too heartbroken to see him in this state.

 

Tears escaped his eyes and just as when he was close to collapsing, Sehun, his bestfriend, is holding him.

 

"Chanyeol, what is wrong with you?" The said man is holding into Chanyeol's shoulders as he was being taken back to reality.

 

He can't speak.

 

Sehun frowned at him. He was furious, they need to be much more alert with this guy's state. He darted his attention to look at the patient and abruptly stops.

 

 

 

". Move! Let me do the operation!"

 

 

 

Chanyeol is losing his sanity. He is staring into space and can't even do his duty properly.

 

"Dr. Park, I think it is better for you to rest. You don't look okay." He paid no attention to the nurse who is looking worrily at him.

 

 

 

*

20 year-old Park Chanyeol is busy reviewing for his exams when a loud bang coming from the door was heard.

 

"Man, what the ?"

 

"Chanyeol let's go. Stop being so nerd this time!" Sehun invited him to go to his boyfriend's place for a birthday party yet this bestfreind of his is too busy not to care about his heeds.

 

"I told you I'm busy. Why can't you just go there by yourself?" He is never a party guy. He much prefer staying at home than mingling to strangers. This kind of attitude of him sometimes annoy Sehun that he keeps on pestering him telling him he'll never get laid.

 

Dragging Chanyeol through his arms, he never will have a choice once the younger starts to choose clothes for him to wear.

 

"C'mon Yeol, you are always alone all the time. It's time for you to meet some people. Ahh right. Luhan told me his cousin is really cute. You might like him!"

 

Chanyeol scoffs, "I'm not interested, Sehun." but even when he truly isn't, he just stands there waiting for the latter to finish his search for his clothes.

 

As they arrived, they were greeted by Luhan who was also welcomed by Sehun with a kiss. They were into their own world so Chanyeol tsked and left them alone.

 

He was walking not noticing a certain guy's presence.

 

 

"I'm sorry! Oh my God! I'm so sorry, Mister." a cute voice brought him to state.

 

"I-it's okay." Chanyeol was in complete awe, because of a certain guy in font of him looking so breathtakingly beautiful.

 

"Tsk, you really need a new shirt, mister. It's ruined. Wait here, I'll lend you some clothes- uhh where's Luhan. Damn that guy." the cute guy mutters to himself as he keeps on looking to his left and right.

 

"Oh there they are. Getting all mushy with his boyfriend! Come here, mister! Do you know Luhan by any chance? Oh of course you do since you are here." he giggles and Chanyeol can only stare at him with his jaw drop.

 

"Luhan, can I borrow some of your clothes? This guy here which I bumped into needs one, it's my fault though." the cute guy pouted and Chanyeol only wants to kiss those lips.

 

"He might melt, you know." Sehun whispered to his ears as the taller looked at the cute guy talking to Luhan.

 

 

"W-what's his name?"

 

Sehun smirks knowing so well where would this go. "I thought you're not interested?"

 

"J-just tell me." Chanyeol finally looked at him, more like glared at him.

 

"Oh, getting all excited aren't we?"

 

"Oh Sehun!"

 

Sehun laughed and whispered again. "That's Luhan's cousin, Byun Baekhyun."

*

 

 

 

 

"Chanyeol"

 

"H-how is he? Is he okay? He should be awake now, right? Can I talk to him now? I-it's B-

 

"Chanyeol"

 

"Sehun, I need to see him! Godammit!"

 

"Chanyeol, you need to calm down. Okay? Breathe."

 

He is crying as Sehun is guiding him to the bench.

 

Sehun sighed as he comforted his bestfriend. Ever since he left, Chanyeol was a mess.

 

"It's Baekhyun, right? It's really him! I-I can't be wrong. Why? Why is he in that state?! He's-

 

"Chanyeol, listen to me. He's okay, his condition is stable. All we need to do right now is to wait for him to wake up." Sehun made sure to say those words to him carefully afraid that the taller would break down again.

 

Chanyeol calmed down a bit after he heard those but Sehun on the other hand is getting fidgety.

 

"He's back. He's really back." Chanyeol can't believe that it was Baekhyun. 5 years of hell waiting for him to give him explanations.

 

Yes, he wanted to see him again but not this way.

 

 

 

Luhan arrived later that afternoon crying as his fiancé hold him. "Sehun, how is Hyunnie?"

 

"He's alright, love. His condition isn't worse but-

 

"But?"

 

Sehun sighed, he hasn't told Chanyeol yet about this. "I'm afraid by the moment he wakes up, he'll get

 

to see nothing."

 

Luhan's eyes wen't big. "What do you mean?"

 

"He injured his eyes severely because of the broken glasses of his car, we can't do anything about it, love. As much as I wanted to save his eyes, it will only get more complicated."

 

Luhan broke into sob. "Baekhyunnie suffered so much!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol is angry, his brows furrows as he heard the police's statements.

 

"It was a drunk driver, Mr. Park. Mr. Byun tried his very best to avoid the truck but unfortunately for him, the road isn't much wide to get him enough space to move."

 

"Where's that ing ?!" Chanyeol slamed his fist on the wall making the other people in the hospital flinch.

 

"As for now, he got his left leg injured but he's now under investigation as it was also seen that he's taking illegal drugs."

 

"He's in this hospital too, right?"

 

"Mr. Park, we don't want you-

 

Chanyeol didn't listen, he directly went to a room he suspiciously looked at. There are policemen in front of a door. It's surely for the driver.

 

 

"Mr. Park!"

 

 

 

A loud bang was heard as he entered the room, he quickly grabbed the man by collar and his face is clearly terrified.

 

"You er!"

 

"Dr. Park!" Nurses are trying to get a hold of Chanyeol.

 

"After this, I'll make sure you go to prison and never gonna come out alive again!"

 

Policemen surround him and gets Chanyeol out of the room.

 

"Mr. Park, please. I know you are angry but let us all handle this. You are not allowed to do this." a police man ushered his fellow to him back outside.

 

 

"Chanyeol calm down!" Sehun immediately went to him. It was the first time he saw his best friend like this.

 

"How can I ing calm down when Baek is there lying down while that er is just getting an injured leg! I'm gonna ing kill that man!" He pulled Sehun's arms away from his shoulders attempting to get away.

 

"Chanyeol, this isn't gonna be good. Can you just sit there and wait until he's allowed to have visitors?" Sehun calmly blocked his way as he rubbed his temples while Luhan is just looking at him.

 

 

 

 

*

"Baekhyun-ah, 'till when will we get to see you having a boyfriend?"

 

Even with his good looks and great personality, the guy is known to be single since birth. It is not because no one attempted to court him, in fact, a lot tried to but, he always rejects them.

 

Baekhyun could only laugh at that. He has been asked the same question all the time.

 

"I am happy like this, you know. No boyfriend, no problem." he could only smile.

 

They scoffed knowing that the brunet clearly haven't known yet how great it is to fall in love.

 

"I heard, there was someone who oggled at you during Luhan's birthday party." the brunet frowned at him, not recognizing that 'someone'.

 

"Who?"

 

A friend of him waved his hand as a dismissal. "Oh come on, we all know people really find Baekhyun attractive. That's nothing new!"

 

"No! no. I think it's Sehun's friend? I mean they said, you both had all the night to talk?" his friend wiggled his brows playfully with a creepy smile. "Well, it's the first time you entertained someone, you know. That must be it!"

 

 

"Oh! You mean Park Chanyeol?" Baekhyun remembered the tall lanky guy with his big ears, and goofy smile. He unconsciously smiled remembering how funny the taller was.

 

 

"Yah yah yah! That's exactly anyone's face when they fall in love." his friend retreated as he saw the brunet's smile with a blush on his cheeks.

 

 

The group of friends were busy talking about him when suddenly Baekhyun's phone rang.

 

They all abruptly stopped talking. They found it suspicious as the brunet never really use his phone for calls, only for chats.

 

"H-hello?" the brunet bit his lips as he knows that when his friends will figure out who it is, they would nonstop.

 

"Hi, Baek! Are you busy right now?" Chanyeol's voice is too cheerful he could only chuckle.

 

His friends automatically looked at each other, intrigued by the caller.

 

"No. Why did you ask?"

 

"Oh, I just wanted to ask you out. Like lunch or something? Well, that is if you aren't busy."

 

 

"Uh okay?"

 

"Okay? I think, you are forced to agree-

 

"No! No! I'm free. I mean, I'm not busy so yeah." the brunet totally forgot about his friends who are now judging him real hard.

 

"Okay so, I'm gonna fetch you. Where are you now? Luhan said you went somewhere." the brunet panicks as he hear the engine of the taller's car.

 

 

Should he tell him? How about his friends? Ugh. Whatever.

 

 

"Uhm, I am at the Starbucks with my friends, just a block away from Luhan's house."

 

"Oh, I got it. See you later! Bye!"

 

"Bye!" Baekhyun put down his phone smiling like an idiot.

 

"AHA! Was that Chanyeol?" his friends all asked in unison.

 

 

"H-how did you know?" the brunet looks at them with wide eyes.

 

 

"Spell OBVIOUS?"

 

 

"For the first time, we'll get to be ditched by Baekhyun for a guy."

 

 

 

For Chanyeol, he would consider that as their first date. And that was followed by one, and one, and one, and countless of times.

 

 

 

 

It's the time of the year again when students get all busy with their paperworks and Baekhyun is just pissed. He can't go with Chanyeol to buy a pet.

 

 

"Baek, what's with the long face?" Jongin, his partner for the project tapped his shoulders as he takes a seat beside him.

 

 

"Damn that professor. We can't do this in a week!" He pouted and Jongin could only chuckle. How cute.

 

 

"Oh, stop stressing yourself, Baek. You always worry for those things. You know what? Why don't we get out first before we proceed for this?" Jongin suggested which the brunet agreed.

 

 

 

"You should have seen your face Nini! You look so funny!" Baekhyun can't stop laughing.

 

 

"I was so shocked Baek. I thought the cute kid cried because of me! You're so mean."

 

 

They were both on their own world unaware that a tall, lanky guy was staring at them, not amused.

 

 

 

The following days only made Baekhyun more stressed. Not because of his studies but because of Park Chanyeol.

 

 

"This dumb idiot is clearly avoiding me! Hah! Busy? Busy my face, Park!" the brunet mumbled the words annoyingly.

 

 

He would call the taller to ask him to hang out just the two of them, but he would only be answered with, "Baek, I'm busy. Sorry"

 

He would ask him what makes him busy, the taller would shortly say, "Exams." but he knew the finals was just finished last week.

 

 

While Sehun called him asking him why does the taller keeps on sulking on his bed for 3 days already, wondering something might have happened.

 

 

 

Chanyeol layed flat on his bed, he didn't know anymore. It was a clear rejection.

 

 

He called Baekhyun that day asking him if he has got to do something, the brunet did say yes, it was for their project. He sighed, it was disappointing.

 

He was planning to buy Baekhyun a pet but of course, what the brunet knew is that it was for himself since he knew how would not Baekhyun accept it.

 

But there he saw Baekhyun with a tan-skinned guy with great body proportions.

 

 

He was nothing compared to him.

 

 

"Nini? What an ugly name." Chanyeol could only roll his eyes.

 

 

 

He had the most terrifying event in his life when the door suddenly burst out open with a loud bang.

 

 

"Park Chanyeol! You think you can lie to me?! Get your off there you, stupid! Busy? Really? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!" Baekhyun shouted as he puts both of his hands on his hips.

 

 

"Argh...Baek, not now, please. I'm not in the mood." the taller wrapped his body with his comforter.

 

 

"Why are you avoiding me?!"

 

"I'm not avoiding you." Chanyeol replied lazily.

 

"You are!"

 

"I'm not!"

 

"You are!"

 

"I said I'm not, Baek."

 

"Then why aren't you answering my calls?! Why would you always say you're busy when you've got nothing to do since you're already done with your finals!" He breathed hard pissed by how the taller didn't care to even look at him.

 

 

"I know you're busy too so I don't want to distract you."

 

 

"But I want to go out with you!"

 

 

"Go with your NINI!"

 

 

Both of them froze as they realized what they said.

 

It took about a minute of silence and Baekhyun decided to break the ice.

 

"Nini? W-who's Nini?"

 

Chanyeol got up throwing out his comforter on his side, harshly. "Really Baek? You want to go out with me but you have your Nini?"

 

"I asked you who is Nini?!" Baekhyun shouted again.

 

 

"You better know that yourself! Who is he, your boyfriend?!"

 

 

Another silence.

 

 

"Are you jealous, Park?"

 

 

"W-what? No!"

 

 

"Then yes, he's my boyfriend." Baekhyun tried his best not to smile. He knows Chanyeol too well. The guy can't lie to him.

 

 

"Oh. That's- Oh that's good to hear." the taller lays down again on his bed.

 

 

Baekhyun sighed "Chanyeol"

 

No answer.

 

"Chanyeol" the brunet called him louder, this time.

 

Still no answer

 

 

Baekhyun immediately went closer to the taller's bed to pull the comforter away which is covering his face.

 

"Park Chanyeol!"

 

 

He was surprised to see a single tear from the taller's face. "Were you crying?"

 

 

"No. Just go away, Baek."

 

"Idiot, why are you crying?"

 

"I said I'm not"

 

"Stop lying"

 

"FINE! I'm jealous. I am ing jealous, Baek. I c-

 

"He's my friend."

 

"...called you- what?"

 

Baekhyun chuckled, "Jongin or Nini is my friend."

 

 

Chanyeol clenched his jaw. He was ambarrassed, okay?

 

 

"Baek I don't know what to do with you anymore."

 

 

"I love you too." Chanyeol was caught by surprise while Baekhyun only smiled at him playfully as he said those words.

 

 

The taller could only sigh while shaking his head. A small smile crept up his lips as he pulled the shorter close to wrap his arms around him.

 

*

 

Later at that night, visitors are allowed to go to Baekhyun's room. Chanyeol is there holding Baekhyun's hands telling him things he wants to say to him.

 

"Baek, I miss you. I miss holding you, I miss hugging you, I miss staring deeply in to your eyes, I miss kissing you. I miss you, Baek. Please, wake up."

 

Chanyeol is crouching down and keeps on kissing Baekhyun's hands. "I don't care about anything anymore. I don't care if you left me. I will forget everything you said to me. Just...Baek please. Come back. Come back to me."

 

 

 

*

It was summer and Chanyeol was busy preparing for his date with Baekhyun. Today is their first year anniversary and he had to make everything perfect for his baby.

 

"Babe, are you now ready? I'm going to fetch you." Chanyeol was busy wearing his Rolex watch as he puts his phone between his ear and shoulder.

 

He hears some noise like Baekhyun was finding something. "Just wait...ugh where is it?!" He mumbled annoyingly.

 

"Baek, baby? What's wrong?" Chanyeol asked him worriedly.

 

"Yeol, I can't find my eyeliner! I'll look ugly later!" Chanyeol chuckles as he heard his boyfriend scream out of fustration.

 

"Baek, you are beautiful. You don't have to put eyeliner or make up to be one plus, I don't want other people to stare at you. You are already too good looking, I look like a potato beside you." Chanyeol smiled at himself.

 

Baekhyun giggled on the other line, "You are being cheesy again."

 

Chanyeol shrugged. "It's the truth, baby."

 

"Oh shut up!" They both laughed at their ridiculous conversation. Chanyeol sighed, he never thought he would fall in love this hard.

 

"I love you, Baek."

"I love you too."

 

"I'm coming alright? and don't bother to put any make up, beautiful."

 

"Whatever. Bye! See you later. Drive safely!"

 

 

 

It was supposed to be a great day, a happy day but Chanyeol never thought that any of this would happen.

 

That Baekhyun would break up with him.

 

"What are you talking about, Baek?" Chanyeol looks at him with his eyes showing mix of pain, anger and confusion.

 

Baekhyun sighed, "It was clear Chanyeol, I'm breaking up with you."

 

"B-but why?! Why all of a sudden? We were okay!" Chanyeol was trying too hard to reach Baekhyun's hands and hold them but the latter won't let him.

 

Baekhyun stands up, "No! You were okay but not me! I'm tired of this. I'm sorry for lying to you Chanyeol. I was too confused of what I really felt for you. I thought it was really love but-

 

Chanyeol shakes his head reaching out to the other male and wrapped his arms around him. "Don't say it, you are just confused, I get it. I'll give you time but please don't do this. Don't leave me hanging." Chanyeol whispers to his ears as he kiss his temple.

 

Baekhyun pushed him hard wanting to pull away from his arms. "Chanyeol, I can never stay with you and be in this relationship when I'm in love with someone else! I can't do that!"

 

Chanyeol's jaw dropped at what he heard. Baekhyun is inlove with someone and it's not him.

 

It ing hurts like hell.

 

The taller looks at him unbelievably. "Y-you're lying. Baek, it's not funny anymore."

 

Baekhyun scoffs which made Chanyeol gulp. "I'm not. Now, please listen here. I want now to stop this. I want to go now and I don't want to see you or talk to you anymore."

 

Chanyeol knelt down holding Baekhyun's hands but the latter would push him away.

 

Baekhyun left and Chanyeol stayed there heart broken.

*

 

 

 

 

"Chanyeol, you can go home first, I will look after him." Luhan pats Chanyeol's back to wake him up.

 

He shakes his head no. "I'm staying here, Lu. I want to stay with Baekhyun."

 

Luhan sighed and sits beside him. "Chanyeol? I know you're angry with whatever happened 5 years ago. But please, I hope you'll get to know it why. There was a reason and Baek did it for you." Luhan wanted to tell him what he knows but he knows he doesn't have any right to say it.

He is finding some ways to ease some of Chanyeol's pain.

 

His heart being broken 5 years ago, the words that Baekhyun said which would haunt him every night, the questions he always wanted to ask. Why? Why did you lie? It was better if you had me rejected than accept me with your lies.

 

Chanyeol was always looking at Baekhyun, hands not leaving with his. "Eventhough he never did it for me, I would forgive him. I will always forgive him. Sometimes, I wonder what did I lack? Why am I not enough for him to stay? I wanted to know who was he falling in love with. Why didn't he atleast tell me he was leaving? Why did he do all of those? But when I look at his pictures, when I look at his face and when I reread all of our conversations, I would always forget those things and just wish for him to be mine."

 

"Chanyeol, I really wanted to help you look for him but I couldn't. I didn't even know where was he. He disappeared not telling me where to." Luhan is also crying. He knows Chanyeol, he knows how much pain Chanyeol went through. Sometimes he want to strangle Baekhyun too for what he did. He contacted him for months but he only reached him after a year.

 

He now knows what really happened, Baekhyun told him, but he won't tell him where he was. He wanted Luhan not to tell Chanyeol about it even Sehun too.

 

Chanyeol smiled bitterly. "Whatever reason you're saying, I still love him."

 

 

I'm sure you'll love him even more. Luhan thought.

 

 

"But Chanyeol, I wanted to ask you this. Would you still love him even when he gets-

Luhan doesn't know how to say it. Chanyeol would be in pain again. Why can't just the heavens make them happy?

 

"Gets what?"

 

"...blind." Luhan said in a small voice afraid that Chanyeol would be shocked

 

"What? I can't hear you Luhan"

 

Luhan sighed, "What would you do if he gets bilnd?" He said it straightforwardly not missing any reaction from the taller.

 

The taller looks at him, confused with furrowed eyebrows. "What are you talking about, Lu?"

 

"Sehun told me that he might be blind when he wakes up. He injured his eyes that it caused a lot of damage. They wanted to fix it but it will only get complicated."

 

And Luhan was never wrong, he saw Chanyeol again, crying his heart out kissing the hand of the man he loves repeatedly, murmuring some inaudible words.

 

"Chanyeol?"

 

"Lu, I feel so useless, I want to do everything just for me to be in that situation instead of him!" Chanyeol wails loudly this time.

 

If only he could, he would.

 

 

 

Sehun arrived with a bag occupied by Chanyeol's clothes. The taller should be on his duty but his mind is on Baekhyun that Sehun's father, who is the head of the doctors in the hospital, allowed him not to. Not this time yet.

 

"Yeol, if you need anything just call me or the nurses, okay?"

 

Chanyeol nods his head. "Thank you, Hun."

 

The doctor would spend his day taking care of Baekhyun. He would read him stories or sometimes he would watch movies while holding Baekhyun's hand, also telling him what part was funny or sad.

 

It was just how they were before, except now, Chanyeol only do those things this time.

 

"I wonder where's your boyfriend right now. The guy you are inlove too." Chanyeol smiled bitterly. "But I'm so selfish I can't contact him right now. He must be so worried to you. Ahh...just who is this guy? I'm jealous."

 

Chanyeol sighed, he feels a lump in his throat. Just as when he was about to stand up to get himself a glass of water he heard-

 

 

 

 

"Chanyeol...

 

 

 

It was a faint sound he thought he was dreaming.

 

 

 

"C-Chanyeol...

 

 

 

...then a broken sob.

 

The doctor then whipped his head and watch Baekhyun stir. He immediately wrapped his hands to Baekhyun.

 

 

"B-baek! Baekhyun! Baekhyun, can you hear me?!"

 

 

 

"Baekhyun, Baek, I'm here. I am here." Chanyeol doesn't know why but he's happy to hear Baekhyun call his name even in his dreams.

 

He still remembers him after 5 years.

 

The taller wrapped his arms around Baekhyun calming him down.

 

"W-hat's happening? W-hy can't I see anything! I can't see anything!" Baekhyun wiggles his body out of the taller's arms.

 

 

 

"W-who are you? Why are you hugging me!"

 

 

Chanyeol feels hurt but he understands it. Baekhyun can't see him.

 

 

Sehun arrived checking Baekhyun up. They tried to calm him down as he panicks when he only can see total darkness.

 

 

Chanyeol was confused as to why Sehun dragged him out. "What are you doing?!"

 

"Chanyeol, let him ease his mind first. He was devastated after finding out that he can't see anymore. You can't add up to the situation!" Sehun told him furiously.

 

"So what do you want me to do? Shut up? Pretend that I am not here? You are impossible! You, of all people know this is Baekhyun. That guy over there is Baekhyun! The guy I love, the guy I wanted my whole life! I can't just stand looking at him and he, thinking I was not there!"

 

"Yeol, just please listen to me. You haven't talked for years. He knew he had hurt you. What do you think would happen if he finds out you're just there, standing meters away from him?"

 

Chanyeol clenched his jaw, "I. want. to. see. him."

 

Sehun pleaded with his both hands clasped together. "Yeol, please no."

 

"You don't get it Sehun. You don't ing understand me. You are not the one who was left alone, you aren't the one seeing the one you love suffer. You don't have any idea what I went through!"

 

 

Sehun was hurt. He is his bestfriend. He saw him being broken for all of those years.

 

"Chanyeol, incase you forgot, it was me who always comforted you when you always get wasted, when you get yourself into trouble. It was me who always hear you cry your heart out screaming Baekhyun's name. It was me telling you that maybe, maybe he has his reasons."

 

 

Chanyeol sits down covering his face with his hand. "You know, I don't care anymore. He left me. He never wanted me but my stupid heart won't stop. I should be angry. I should not care anymore. I should have moved on but, no. I love him, Hun."

 

Sehun felt like crying. It was like going back to the time where Chanyeol was still so devastated. It took him about a year with nothing to do but cry, but he knows, the Chanyeol before is too far different to the Chanyeol now.

 

 

"Okay, Okay. Just go there, but never say a word okay?"

 

 

Chanyeol just did what he has told to. He slowly opens the door, aware that if he makes any noise, Baekhyun would probably know there is someone else aside from his cousin.

 

He wants to immediately hug him, tell him everything is okay, but he has to wait.

 

 

Just a little bit more.

 

 

 

"Baek, it's okay." Luhan is trying to comfort Baekhyun while wiping his tears away.

 

The guy shakes his head, "No, Lu. I am blind. I can't see things anymore!"

 

Luhan looks at Chanyeol desperately asking help but the latter could only shake his head.

 

"Baek, the doctor said we could still find ways for that, right? We can still fix that. You don't have to worry about it."

 

It took Baekhyun for a while to calm down.

 

 

"H-how is he?" Baekhyun asked his cousin. Chanyeol, on the other hand, lifted his gaze.

 

 

 

He?

 

 

Who?

 

 

 

Luhan looks at Chanyeol while gulping. It would be so hard for him to say it especially when Chanyeol is just there listening to them.

 

 

Baekhyun's lips quivered as he asks him again, "Luhan, how is Chanyeol?"

 

 

Chanyeol's eyes went big.

 

 

After all, his Baekhyun still cared for him.

 

 

The taller is about to go closer but Luhan signaled him not to.

 

 

"B-baek..

 

"He should be okay right? He has reached his dreams already, right? His father never let him stop his studies since I followed his orders. I told him I don't love him, I left the country and never saw him again, just as what his father wants me to do." Luhan bites his lips as he looks back at Chanyeol who is now fuming with rage.

 

 

 

So this is it? This is the ing reason why.

 

 

 

He wanted to go to his father and punch him real hard. He already know his father doesn't approve of his relationship but he never knew he would be capable of this.

 

 

 

Chanyeol clenched his fists, ready to open his mouth to say something to Baekhyun. He wanted to confirm it but Luhan shakes his head furiously. As much as he wanted to let the taller do the talking, Baekhyun can't explain his side.

 

He's crying. His Baekhyun is crying.

 

 

"H-he really wanted to become a doctor. I can't ruin that to him."

 

 

 

"Yes, Baek. He is now a doctor." The guy nods his head with a small smile.

 

 

"That's...good to hear." Baekhyun bow his head down.

 

 

"I-s is he perhaps...married?"

 

 

The taller was close to screaming NO, but he tried not to.

 

"M-maybe, he already had moved on. It was 5 years. 5 years is a long time, or he might have been dating someone already. Someone who won't leave him?" Baekhyun lifted his head up to only drop a few tears.

 

Luhan sighed, he can't do this anymore. These two should end up back again with no one stopping them.

 

 

"I-I just miss him. I want him back, Lu. It's been...terrible." Baekhyun choked back a sob.

 

 

 

And for Chanyeol, that was enough.

 

 

 

 

Luhan slowly gets his grasp away from Baekhyun and carefully gets out of the room as Chanyeol slowly comes closer to them.

 

 

The taller only looks at him. He doesn't know what to do. He was so sure of what he wanted to do earlier but seeing him like that, so vulnerable, so fragile, he feels numb.

 

 

Now, it's only two of them but Baekhyun, of course, doesn't know that.

 

 

"I hope he's here, I want to say I'm sorry for what I said. I want to tell him, that those words were lies. I want to say that, it's only him. It will always be Chanyeol, Lu." Chanyeol can't contain it anymore. He pulls Baekhyun into a hug. He wanted to speak but the guy in his arms still wants to say something.

 

"I loved him and I still do but he might not want me anymore because I hurt him and I'm blind!"

 

 

"Baek...

 

The taller tightens his hold around him and Baekhyun sits there, frozen.

 

"W-what-

 

"Baek, baby. Please don't say that." Chanyeol weeps out as he kisses Baekhyun temple whispering sweet words to him.

 

"I love you. I love you Baek, always have, always will. And no, I don't care if you are blind, that won't make me not want you." The taller pulls away, showering the shorter's face with kisses.

 

"C-chanyeol? Is that you?"

 

The taller holds his hands while nodding. He, for a while forgot that he can't see him. "It's me Baek."

 

Beakhyun pushed him away. No, Chanyeol doesn't deserve him. He deserves someone better, you idiot.

 

"Since when you were here? Where's Luhan?"

His face is blank. It's expressionless.

 

The taller holds him again. "Baek, I heard you. I heard everything."

 

Baekhyun shakes his head, "No. Y-you just pity me, that's-

 

 

"How many times do I have to tell you, not to say that, Baek? So what if you are like that? I love you for who you are. Baby, please."

 

 

"I hurt you." The shorter said bowing his head down.

 

"It's okay. I still love you."

 

"I left you."

 

"I still love you."

 

"I lied to you."

 

"I still love you."

 

"Chanyeol..

 

"I still love you."

 

"You deserve someone better."

 

"But I still love you."

 

"Chanyeol, I'm serious."

 

"Baby, I'm serious too. I still love you."

 

 

 

Baekhyun sighs. He should be happy.

 

"Your father would be furious."

 

"Baek, I don't care. I love you and he can't do anything about it."

 

 

 

 

 

At that night, Chanyeol hold him close, never wanting him to let go. As he insist to take care of Baekhyun, the latter would scold him saying he's overreacting.

 

"I'm really sorry, Yeol." Baekhyun murmured to the taller's chest.

 

"I just can't believe you, you did that just because for my dreams. I would have given up everything for you." Chanyeol said as he pulled the shorter closer.

 

"But it's your dream, you always wanted to become a doctor and I can't ruin-

 

"Shh. can we stop talking about that?"

 

"O-okay."

 

"I love you."

 

"I love you too, Yeol. I'm not lying."

 

Chanyeol laughed for the very first time ever since they broke up.

 

"I know baby. I know."