Cute Baby Bird

Yoo Youngjae & B.A.P

*Pairing: Youngjae x B.A.P
*Plot: B.A.P was being interviewed in a studio, and it was now Zelo's turn.


"Zelo, which hyung you ought to take care the most? I mean, to keep an eye on the most?"

"Youngjae hyung," Zelo answered without a second thought. "Youngjae hyung is so cute and fluffy. He attracts many wrong species." He was smiling when he praised his hyung cute and all, but slowly turned serious when he said the last sentence. "So it's my duty to protect my..." Zelo paused. He coughed a bit and continued, "It's my duty as dongsaeng to protect my hyung."

"It's my duty too," Jongup interjected. The main dancer barely spoke since the interview started 15 minutes ago. He seemed not bothered to be an active speaker. However, one single question regarding Youngjae made him willingly engaged into the conversation.

"Apparently, it's a collective duty for B.A.P members," Himchan slung his arm around Jongup. "We're obligated to protect Yoo Youngjae from, like Zelo put earlier, wrong species. The world's not safe nowadays. We try our best to keep him from harm."

Youngjae pouted. The members were making fun of him. As if he was a princess or damsel in distress. He was a prince! A handsome prince! Why would not they acknowledge his handsomeness? He was the most handsome in B.A.P! The more Youngjae thought about it, the more distressed he became. His sulking went deeper. The fans in the studio, including the MC squealed at his unintentional cuteness. Yoo Youngjae was just too cute in anything he did!

"You guys made I looked fragile," the lead vocal bite his nails in frustration. The act and the oversize sweater he was wearing only added into the X-factor he already emitted.

"YES YOU ARE!" 

The members said simultaneously and burst into laughing. Daehyun was unable to contain his laugh; he looked like he was going to roll on the floor. Even Yongguk had his signature gummy smile plastered on his face.

"I am not!" Youngjae fumed. He tried to defend himself. But everybody in the studio knew it was futile. Seeing that he had no hope in winning the argument, Youngjae begrudgingly sat down. He slapped Daehyun's hand away when the latter tried to pat his shoulder.

The MC resumed the Q&A session.

"Question to Bang Yongguk. If Youngjae is your daughter, what's your personal message to any guy out there who wishes to take your daughter out?"

Yongguk gripped his hand microphone firmly and spoke in lower voice. 

"If you want to date my lil' princess, come meet me first."

Gasps could be heard around the studio. Some fans put their hand over their mouth. Some Babyz were giggling among themselves. Some fansite masters recorded the moment secretly. Also, some people looked like they were in the middle of formulating ideas for possible fan fiction after the event.

After the crowds calmed down, the MC asked Himchan the next question.

"Himchan, you're known as mother in B.A.P. So, as Youngjae's mother, do you have words to say to guys out there?"

Himchan flipped his hair to the back and said, "If you hurt my baby bird, I'll hunt you down."

The studio buzzed once again. Babyz were giggling and whispering to each other. "BangHim really protective of their YJayBaby!" one fan said to her friend. "Man, I gotta give up asking Youngjae hyung out this weekend," a fanboy sighed.

"No. Nobody can date Youngjae."

A stern voice cut through the chatty atmosphere. Everybody stopped talking and looked at the owner of the voice. It was none other than Jung Daehyun.

"And you're her..." the MC chose that moment to ask Daehyun. The Busan man startled. The stern aura from before completely disappeared. Now he looked like someone who had been caught red-handed. Obviously, he blurted out without realizing it.

"Sorry... Can you repeat that?" Daehyun apologetically bowed to the MC. Himchan face-palmed. Daehyun was good at following his instinct right away, but this time he did it without thinking. Well, he brought it upon himself. Let him deal with it.

"Bang Yongguk and Himchan are the parents of daughter Yoo Youngjae," the MC repeated, "What about you? You're her...?"

(a/n: They're using female pronoun since this is "What if Youngjae's a daughter" Q&A. Please don't take it as "misgendering" Youngjae)

"Her..." Daehyun stuttered. He glanced at Himchan for a little help, but the visual just ignored him and crossed his legs like diva. Daehyun then sent a secret SOS at Jongup, but the guy was either oblivious or pretended not seeing it.

"I'm her..." Daehyun paused. Babyz looked at him expectantly. Some of them hold onto each other as if something big was going to happen.

"I'm her big brother. Of course, since I'm the eldest son," Daehyun finished. His answer broke the hearts of many Babyz who were waiting for DaeJae moment.

"Alright. What about the maknaes?" the MC turned to look at Jongup and Zelo. "If Daehyun the big brother, then you two are younger brothers of daughter Youngjae. Any special message to your sister's possible love interest?"

The maknaes were giving the "We would never approve you as our brother-in-law" looks. Zelo's was subtle but Jongup's was so obvious. They did not speak a word, but the crowds got the "Over my dead body" message across.

"Ah... I think there's no need to ask," the MC waved off the question. "Youngjae, looks like if you're a girl, most probably you're not going to marry. Your family is very protective of you. The guy will have a hard time asking you out."

"Thank god I was born male," Youngjae muttered. He looked frustrated. He was an adult. He could take care of himself. The members were just too protective of him. Maybe if he really was born as a girl, he truly would never get married.

"You see, we're not overprotective of Youngjae," Himchan chimed in. "It's because we love him. He's loud and high maintenance, but we really love him. He's too precious for us. Of course we wouldn't give our dear baby bird to others just like that."

Babyz clasped their hands. Some teared up; moved by the deep bond shared between the members. From the very edge of the stage, Geunsoo put down his camcorder and sighed. "Gosh... Can't the boys be any more obvious with their feeling?"


Thanks for reading! 

*Special thanks to Yukashi10