Chapter 1

FAIRYTALE GODMOTHER


"Oh my god!!" Sahiba screamed at phone screen, continuously rolling on the floor. Sometimes she wondered how much her phone suffered because of her fangirling.

Just now EXO had started a vlive.

Can I just die. How are they so perfect? She thought to herself.

Tucking a hair behind her ear she climbed on the bed, watching a goofy and beautiful man speaking behind the screen. She watched him starstruck in awe, absolutely not understanding a word he spoke.

A squeak escaped from her lips when Baekhyun started speaking in english.

"Why are so you cute?? Ahhh..just take my heart," she started commenting on his cute accent.

Completely emersed in the vlive, Sahiba didn't notice the time passing by. The vlive was slowly coming to an end. Baekhyun was bidding his goodbyes, when he smacked his forehead by his hand and started speaking korean. And then the screen turned black.

"Wait. What," Sahiba picked her phone and started vigorously shaking it,"wait you can't leave me hanging like that. What did you say!?!" She wailed unable to understand Korean.

Twitter.

That's it. She needed to go on Twitter.

Opening the app, she started scrolling her timeline, seeking for an translation. "Uhhh..what did he say?"

Bingo.

She found a translation.

@exoarethebestinthiswholeworld tweeted:
Baekhyun: EXO-LS please come to see us in our concert. We have a special surprise.

Special surprise.

SPECIAL SURPRISE!!!

A weird dying whale kind of voices came out from as she slowly rolled down and fell off from her bed.

"DIDI CAN YOU JUST SHUT UP! I AM TRYING TO CONCENTRATE." A voiced yelled from outside her room, "STOP FANGIRLING FOR LIKE THREE SECOND."
(Didi- Didi is what a girl/boy call their elder sister. Kind of like unnie, just that girl and boy both can call their sister Didi)

"Okay, Aisha. As you say." Sahiba yelled back to her annoyed.

She mentally counted the time.
1......
2......
3......

"Three seconds are over you nitwit. I am going back to my fangirling." She yelled snarkily.

"Stupid, Aisha." She muttered silently.

"OMG! I NEED TO GO TO THE CONCERT. I NEED TO," Sahiba said, back to her fangirling, made a big show of taking out her wallet and opening it, "whoops, looks like someone is broke."

She quietly sat down on her bed, cross legged, thinking hard. She wanted so badly to go the concert. She just wanted, just once in her lifetime to see her idols up close performing before her. The fact that she lived nearly thousands of miles away from them and might never see her idols, broke her heart into million pieces. Heck, they don't even know her name.

She needed a plan.

A plan to attend the concert.

*****

"Please. Just let me go. This is the only time. I swear." Sahiba was on her knees, hands folded, begging and staring at the only human more powerful than god.

Her mom.

"No." Her mom told her, swiftly moving back to washing the dishes.

Peals of laughter could be heard coming out of her sister. Aisha sat on counter, teasing her elder sister by showing her tongue.

"Mummy, Aisha is showing me her tongue. I swear I will pull it out of ." Sahiba complained, completely annoyed by her sister's behavior.

"Aisha," Their mom said sternly, almost scolding.

"What! She did not let me focus when I doing me homework," Aisha complained back.

"Sahiba."

"I am sorry," she replied, quickly adding to her defense she said," but she was not studying. She was watching Assassination Classroom."

"Hey- I was not—"

"Both of you stop," Mrs. Halder said, now completely fed up of the siblings,"Aisha back to your room."

Aisha quietly jumped from the counter, going back to her room, not before she once again she stuck out her tongue to her sister.

"Mummy."

"What?" Her mom sighed.

"Mummy please na. Please. You told me that if I score more than 90% in boards you will give me anything I wish for." Sahiba pleaded watching her mom with puppy dog eyes. "Please"

Her mom released a sigh, knowing how hard she studied this year, "When is the concert?" she asked softly.

"After next two days. Today is 20th so it will be held on 22," Sahiba quickly replied as she tried to control her cheshire cat smile coming on .

"And where?"

"South Korea"

Sighing once again, her mom spoke softly feeling sorry," You know we can't afford that. This year there were so much expenses. Plus, you have to apply for a great college. You know colleges are so expensive. We have to look for Aisha's future too. Plus, you know last minute flights are so expensive," Sahiba listened to it, heart sinking,"sweetheart I am so sorry but we can't afford this whole trip. I hope you understand. Okay."

"Okay." She silently muttered, not meeting her mom's eyes.

The mother understanding  her daughter needing some space, told her," Go to your room and go watch some-what is it-go watch your korean boys. Okay. I will make Chilli Chicken for dinner."

"Yeah, okay. The tickets must have sold out though," She replied trying to laugh so to make the atmosphere a little light but turning into a little humourless, soulless laugh,"umm...okay. I am going back to my room"

With head hung lowly, Sahiba slowly walked the stairs with tears b her eyes. Locking her room's door, she sat on her bed as tears slid down her cheeks. Softly she sobbed, wrapping her arms around her knees, head on her knees. She wasn't angry on her mom. She understands why she can't go. They are not that rich to afford such luxuries. It wasn't that they are poor. They were middle class. She is grateful that she can live a comfortable life. There are so many people who do not get this, you are lucky to be born in such a good house, stop whining , she reminded herself.

"God, I don't want to act like a spoiled brat but I would love to attend the concert,"she muttered to herself, then looking up to the ceiling she folded her hands, and closed her eyes. Quietly she muttered a prayer,"Oh k-pop gods, please help me. I want to go to the concert."

Feeling all the tiredness from arguing with her sister then pleading to her mom then crying, she let out a yawn. God, she was really tired. Snuggling into her blanket, she thought about the concert until the warmth of her blankets consumed her and put her to sleep.

*****

"Wait, what time is it?" Sahiba groggily spoke, opening her eyes as she let out a yawn. It was so dark that she couldn't see anything. Fumbling with the things on the small dresser beside her bed, she found her wrist watch. Squinting her eyes, she tried to make out the time. 

2:03am

Chills, ran down her spine. She was a scaredy cat and she was not proud of it. Her mind was going thinking about the horrible and grotesque the woke up in the dead of the night. Closing her eyes shut tightly, she tried to think of something pleasant but only mangled, lifeless bodies flashed across her mind. Curse my imaginative mind. "Think of something pleasant. Think of something pleasant," she muttered softly to herself,"Think of EXO. Yeah, think of Sehun."

this is not working, she thought, she could feel her eyes watering, heartbeat erratic, breaths heavy. Oh, god save me.

Silently she started chanting Hanuman Chalisa(Indian instincts),"Jai Hanuman gyan gun sagar Jai Kapis tihun lok ujagar," slowly she started to feel at ease,"Ram doot atulit bal dhama Anjaani-putra Pavan sut nama—"

She stopped. She heared something. Like a click. Her forehead was covered with sweat, breathing heavily, she sealed trying to hear something.

Click.

Sahiba felt her blood run cold.

Another click.

With horror stricken eyes, she removed the blanket above her head, trying to locate the sound. There was light coming out from a thing on her study table.

There was something near her study table.

Slowly the person turned his or her head to her. And smiled.

(A/N: I tried to look up a gif. I made a mistake. It was too scary. Your author is a scary cat ;-;)

She screamed, scared of her mind, thrashing in bed as she tried to get out of her bed but the blankets were all tangled at her feet. Tears were now streaming out of her eyes. She was sure that she was going to die and silently said her last prayers.

"Oh, I see you are awake." A cold voiced beckoned her.

Eyes shutting she waited for her death.
.
.
.
.
.
Nothing happened.

Opening her one eye(almost like winking) she peeked. The lights were on. There no  longer stood a ghost. But right now in front of her stood a most handsome man she had ever laid her eyes upon.

An angle.

"Um-umm, who are you?" She asked stuttering, voice wavering.

"Oh, I?" He paused, then continuing, he said looking into her eyes,

"I am your fairytale godmother."