Heart Shaker

Heart Shaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being the most famous person in school, being the most loved person in school, being the most gorgeous person in school, being that person has its own disadvantages.

Because being the person who always receives gifts and confession from almost everyone, he doesn't know how to do that same thing to the special someone in his heart.

He always asks himself how his fans could muster their courage and pour their hearts out him.

Although he always stands in front of the school crowd in every school's events, whether from small field day to big golden celebrations, he doesn't get nervous. Having photoshoots once, twice, a number of times, he doesn't get nervous as he had already done these things countless times.

There is only one thing that made him nervous, made his heart shakes.

A word that starts with the letter C.

It was one of his schedules to be the master of ceremony in school's annual dance competition. The school has students who excels in dancing and singing, students who are preparing for idol life, to debut and become celebrity. Being the MC, he stands on stage and can watch the performers only a few meters away from him.

Groups went by on and on, but this certain group catched his attention, specially that tall fair prince charming.

He may not be the best dancer of the group, but the way he pours his emotions out to sing with utmost feelings, Hakyeon's eyes are glued on him.

He dances and sings like he was the main character of the group, or it was just that Hakyeon's eyes are specially focused on him. One or another, it's the same, Hakyeon has fallen for him.

At first, Hakyeon doesn't believe in love at first sight, yes he believes in true love but the first logic, it was so vague and unbelievable. But experiencing it firsthand, he became the living proof to himself.

The performance ended yet Hakyeon was stoned in place.

The group passed by him and only Hakyeon's head and eyes move following the view of the man. He was statued there for five seconds that a student staff snaps a finger in his face and that brought him to his reality. He awkwardly smiles at him, walking again at the center of stage to introduce the next performers. He heard someone calling for him through his earpiece telling him that he called the order wrong; he jitterly looked at his cue cards and correct his wrong. Saved by the bell, this time.

Starting from that point, Hakyeon was sure to himself he'd fallen for him.

Doing his everyday life, being the famous him, he hopped to school and smile at everyone. Thanking them for the compliments, greetings, gifts and letters.

Walking through the hallways, he's about to turn and take the stairs when someone from the stairs turns to his direction and they bumped to each other with Hakyeon screaming for dear life.

Hakyeon expects he will feel pain by now but none. He slowly opens his eyes and...dub dub dub.

His heart starts shaking like a blender, making his vision spin and cross.

His eyes, his feline eyes, it has something that pulls Hakyeon to it. His cheeks, soft and fluffy. His skin is so fair and smooth. His lips...Hakyeon swallows in his throat and tried to speak.

“Uhm...”

That's only the moment he realized that he was lying on top of him. Hakyeon quickly gathered himself up and extended his hand to him for help.

Once they both stood up facing each other, they had fallen to silence and awkwardness.

“Sorry-” they both exclaimed at the same time.

Hakyeon nervously smile at him. “It's okay, I wasn't looking at my direction.”

“No,” the man quickly denies. “It was my fault.”

The bell rings and that made Hakyeon jumped slightly.

“I-...I need to go,” says Hakyeon, voice trembling, hands at his back shaking.

He passed by him and was about to take the stairs when the man grabbed at his wrist and turned him around. “Be careful,” the man says.

If it was even possible, Hakyeon's heart rushed its way up the stairs and jumped off the three storey building and scream while falling off. Screaming in a freefall, one of the best feelings. Because that was what Hakyeon wants to do right now, scream his heart out.

Waaaaaahhhhh! Did he just say that to me? Be careful. He cares for me.

He smiles again at him, taking his hand away from him. Hakyeon took the stairs as fast as he could and turn to the hallways and leaned his back against the wall catching his chest, or rather his heart from jumping out of his body. Students looked at him weirdly. He just flashes them his smile always and starts walking with a jelly leg to his class.

One day, Hakyeon was having alone time in the music room and he sees him striding inside the music room to play the piano. Hakyeon was already hiding in the shadows -even before the man gets inside the room- just watching his face in solemn state, eyes closed, head sways slightly to the melody of the keys, Hakyeon found himself falling and falling even harder for him.

Should I say 'Hi! I'm Hakyeon.'

Omg, why is this getting me nuts? Graaaaahh! Hakyeon screams in his head.

Until the music stops and the man walks out of the room. Hakyeon emerges out from the shadows and sat where the man was sitting awhile ago. He leaned on the closed piano, spacing out, pondering.

What do I do?

How could I get his attention?

Hakyeon could only slam his forehead on the piano case and caressed his hurt forehead after.

Some Wednesday, Hakyeon went to the usual cafe after school. He went to the counter and orders his usual bev, so much for a surprise, the man was on the counter duty.

Wait-! yells Hakyeon in his mind.

Hakyeon's always here every Wednesday but Hakyeon had never seen this man here before. What's happening?

He was only brought back when the man gave him his drink.

This is the time, I can do it. Says Hakyeon to himself.

Love is timing. I might regret it if I miss this chance. He explains to himself.

“Uhm...” starts Hakyeon, words deemed not existing in his tongue.

Love is coming. Have more courage. Don't hesitate anymore. He says to himself.

“Is there anything else I can do for you, sir?” asks the man.

Yes. Come and be my love. “Nothing,” answers Hakyeon, awkwradky flashing a smile.

Arrrrgggh! Stupid! Hakyeon almost slams the cold drink to his face.

He went for a chair by the glass wall, looking through the city. This cafe is so great because it was placed higher than the normal landscape of the city. So Hakyeon could look over the whole day view of the city.

Sipping to his drink, earphones plugged to his ears, Taylor Swift's Begin Again plays a sorrowful music for his heart.

I've been spending the last eight months thinking all love ever does is break and burn and end

But on a Wednesday in a cafe, I watch it begin again

Hakyeon has already moved on from his past and he knows surely he was ready for a new relationship. Though he wasn't sure if it will work out with the man, he'll give it a try than regret eats him like a lion.

Jumping from the sad song to a song that will surely cheers him to do the thing that starts with the letter C, TWICE's Heart Shaker bangs through his earphones.

I'm spacing out here, pondering

Am I really doing the right thing? asks Hakyeon to himself.

This is my phone number, should I give you a note and run away?

After drinking his bev, Hakyeon fishes out a pen from his string bag and writes his phone number with a message, 'Call me ^^', then Hakyeon went out of the cafe.

He might think that I'm weird, but I just can't help it. I've fallen completely for him. He explains to himself. Leaving your number isn't a creepy thing, right? Waaaahhh! Hakyeon screams in his head while stomping on his foot, looking up once more at the cafe, he started walking off.

A week has passed yet Hakyeon didn't received anything, message or call, nothing. He could only sigh, feeling pathetic from doing it to that extent.

After their phys.ed., Hakyeon went to shower and change his clothes. He reached the locker room, opens his locker to put his used p.e. uniform when he heard the door closes and locks. He runs towards the door and found it locked from the outside, he pounds on it loudly crying for help. Hakyeon was now feeling scared locked up inside the locker room.

What if no one sees me here? What if no one recognizes that someone is locked in here? I will die from hunger I wouldn't even have the chance to say my feelings for him. No!!!

He screams again while pounding on it. He smacked the door one last time but he stumbles forward because the door opens, but Hakyeon was catched again. By him.

This time, Hakyeon looked at the man's face. So close his eyes almost crossed. Again, like always, Hakyeon could hear his heart shaking with its own found rhythm.

“Are you okay?”

Keep it cool so it won't be awkward. Just act cool, no need to get nervous. He told himself.

“Yeah,” answers Hakyeon, standing up on his own feet. Averting his gaze down. “Just a little suffocated.”

Stay focused and concentrate. What do I do? I can't look at him in his eyes. Don't hesitate, go closer. Say you like him, don't hold back anymore.

“Should I bring you to the clinic?” asks the man.

Hakyeon was quick to shake his head, though his heart has been shaking like a geostorm. “I-...uhm...I want to tell you something...”

The man looks at him, blank stoic chic face.

Hakyeon smiled to ease his awkwardness.

I like you. I hope you like me too. “Ahahaha, forget about it. It's just nothing. A thank you, perhaps.”

With one last look at the man's face, Hakyeon run away while slapping his own face.

Almost a month passed since that incident, Hakyeon found himself in a much deeper emotional problem.

I'm always confident in front of everyone but I always get nervous in front of him.

He cries mentally for his miserable self.

After four classes, lunch break has come.

At last! yells Hakyeon in his mind.

He strides inside the cafeteria and fall in line with the students. The student in his back and front talking to him about school stuff but Hakyeon wasn’t actually paying attention to them as his eyes caught him.

He was already there, sitting with his group members.

Hakyeon slowly walked with the line, yet his head was slightly turned to look at him. He was so cute having his cheeks puffed out because of the mouthful he's eating. Until the man looked up and their eyes met.

For that very moment, their gazes were hold, by whom, they don't know. It was stuck to each other looking in both the other's direction. And that's the moment Hakyeon's heart starts shaking again like an earthquake. Thanks to the canteen staff, he was brought back to reality.

He chose a table where no one was sitting so he could sit alone. It was always like this, although everyone loves him, Hakyeon chooses to eat alone because he was accustomed to that. Because in his house, he always eats alone. His dad, the principal is always busy with work that he couldn't have a dinner with his son everyday or even once a month.

Shrugging the lone tnoughts off his mind, he started eating. Until a man sat across him.

“Hey, would you mind?” The man asks.

Yes. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter