First times

Acting lesson

No one would have thought that a young talent like Lee Taemin cannot sleep properly, cannot touch food, and his heart is beating painfully if he thought about the fact that he has to be in front of cameras soon.

Thanks to the long years in the show world he didn't have nausea, when he had to go up to the stage, but now, when his manager got a role for him in an upcoming drama Taemin became unsure, and he started to feel pain in his stomach if he was thinking about the news.

He questioned all of this, but the woman told him everything is going to be fine, he just had to remember that it is like dancing on the stage, except there will be less people around him, and he doesn't have to sing only talk. Although Jasoon thought it's going to calm the boy down she was wrong. When Taemin was dancing and singing on the stage the world stopped moving around him, and he only woke up, when the music was over, and he could hear the enthusiastic crowd.

One night, when even the sleeping pills didn't work Taemin thought he should pretend to be ill, just like when he didn't want to go to school. He immediately sat up in the bed, and he started to think about a good excuse, when his adult-self kicked his childish-self.

A whole crew's work would be destroyed because of his irresponsible and childish behaviour; the shooting would be starting late, they should re-organize the schedules, and Taemin knew exactly how much work would it be, this is why he laid back on the pillow with a sigh, and he was staring the white ceiling until his eyelids became heavier, and finally - even if for a few hours, but - he fell asleep.

It was like everybody and everything was against him in the day of the script reading. Taemin didn't mind the traffic jam, but he was afraid if he will be late he is going to draw the attention to himself. He turned the radio on without his manager's permission to distract his thoughts, leaned his head back, and looked out of the window.

Taemin didn't feel good in the elevator; he had nausea again. He didn't understand it, because he hasn't eaten anything since yesterday. Jasoon, who was standing next to him, was watching the screen of her phone, and sometimes she took a careful look at the boy, who was paler than usual. When the elevator stopped Taemin's heart started beating faster, and he guided his shaking fingers through his long hair, while they walked out to the corridor.

He didn't want anybody to see how nervous he was, so as soon as they stepped in the huge room full of people Taemin smiled to everybody who looked at him, and he introduced himself, kindly.

The journalists and photographers were ready to attack, and one of them stopped Jasoon for a word, but before they could have caught Taemin the boy went to the long table in the middle of the room. When he saw his name card he took a seat, and looked at the script on the table.

Light in the shadow.

Taemin liked the script. It was exciting with a lot of action scene, and of course the writers used some love scenes too. Taemin gulped because of the latter, and he closed his eyes, when he thought about the script. Since he read that page he was nervous anytime he saw the script. Of course he should have suspected that scene, but at least he knew next time - if there would be a next time - he wouldn't let Park Jasoon to accept any role until he read the script.

Although he heard the voices of people around him they became louder, and he heard the sound of cameras too; just like when he arrived. It was one of his actor colleagues, obviously, and he rested his elbow on the table, while he looked aside, where he could see that Jasoon was talking to a member of the crew.

Taemin guided his gaze further to the lots of unknown people, and in the end it stopped on a young man, who was holding a helmet. He bowed before an old man in suit. He put the helmet down on a table, and went back to the man, so the photographers could take some pictures. If Taemin looked at the old man better he could remember him from his mother's favourite drama, and he knew this man was in other famous movies and series too.

"I could have never made it with my car. Traffic jams are horrible at this time of the day..."

Taemin shuddered, when he heard the voice next to him, and he saw from the corner of his eyes that someone took a seat next to him. He watched carefully as the man pulled the script closer then he stood up for a moment to reach the jug.

He could read the name card easily, and just when he finished it the man sat back, pouring from the water into his glass.

"Water?"

The boy was so deep in his thoughts he only came back to the present for the second call. Taemin's throat became dry, so he just nodded and watched as his new colleague filled his glass with cold water.

"Have you read it?" he asked after he drank from the water, and the man looked kindly at Taemin then at the script.

"Oh... yes. It's interesting."

"And what's your role..."

"Excuse me." A man interrupted him, and adjusted his glasses on his nose. "We want a group picture before the script reading. First about the whole actor group then about the three main characters."

"Oh, sure." The brown haired male nodded, and he stood up from his chair with a big smile on his face, winking at Taemin, who immediately started looking for someone in the room - he tried to find Jasoon, but she was talking to an older woman at one of the tables next to the wall.

Taemin recognized a lots of face from television while they were posing for the cameras. He didn't have much free time, though, if he had a little bit during the nights he watched movies and dramas to escape from the reality he was living in.

"Take some pictures about our main characters too." The director stepped to the photographers, who were waiting for the three actors to gather together. "Seyoung, Taemin, Minho, come here, please."

After they heard their names they went to the man, and since Taemin read the name cards he knew Minho was the man with the helmet, but he only saw Seyoung, when the beautiful young woman left another actress to join them.

As the director said Seyoung stepped between Minho and Taemin, and it just made the boy more nervous. He couldn't wait for the script reading to be over, so he could go home, and he doesn't have to leave his flat for the few next days.

Now as Taemin could put faces and voices to the characters the story was more interesting, and he really enjoyed the reading. He was still nervous of the shooting, though, he had a great time with the other two young actors, and they laughed together at the funny lines they had among the action scenes and the tensed romantic dramas.

"I have to take care of some things, you should go downstairs, and wait for me at the car." Jasoon took the script from Taemin, and when the boy was farther he could already hear her happy voice as she was talking about Taemin's great opportunities.

Taemin thought maybe it wasn't a good choice to ask his aunt to be his manager, when his dancer career had started, but now he couldn't change it, and actually he didn't want to complain, because he had lots of concerts and opportunities, so he never brought up the topic to work with someone else who is not part of his family.

"Wait!"

He lifted his head up, and pulled his fingers away from the buttons of the elevator. It was Choi Minho; his helmet and script in his hands. He thanked Taemin with a smile for waiting for him, and when he nodded the long haired boy pressed the button to downstairs.

"It's okay if you're nervous."

"What?" Taemin asked back, and looked up to the man beside him. He blinked at him, confusedly. He had no idea what Choi Minho was talking about.

"I heard you, when you had an interview" he explained and smiled at the boy. "You said this is the first time that you are acting, so you're nervous."

"Oh, that... Well... Maybe it'll be fine after some time." He wasn't sure about that, but he wanted to believe his own words.

"Well" Minho sighed, when he saw they almost arrived ", if you have any question, just ask me" he patted the shorter boy's shoulder. "I'll see you soon" he nodded in the lobby of the building, and he walked to his motorbike with a smile that made him look even younger.

*

In the next few days Taemin could forget about the shooting, because he had to practise for an upcoming concert. He was busy all day and night, and the other dancers and members of the crew were worried about him, but Taemin knew he has to show his best for those who loved him, and at least he could avoid the thoughts about the drama shooting what made him feel ill all the time.

In the first day Taemin knew his line perfectly, they didn't need to shoot his scenes again just a few times. The older, more experienced actors were surprised too, and they all talked about how much they liked the boy who was playing the first role of his life.

"I remember during my first role I had to pretend a faint." Seyoung told him, and she brushed a brown lock aside from her beautiful face. "I was so nervous I fainted for real... but we didn't have to shoot it again, because it was perfect."

Seyoung just wanted to help, though, she couldn't calm Taemin down with this not so kind story, but of course he didn't tell to the young woman, because he didn't want to hurt her if they are spending lots of time together.

"I mean..." It seemed Taemin's face told her everything. Seyoung realized maybe she shouldn't have told him this memory to make the boy less nervous about the shooting. 

"Coffee?"

Taemin already heard this tone before during the script reading. Water?

Choi Minho approached his talking colleagues with three paper cups, and he sat down next to Taemin with an usual smile on his face, so he was now in front of Seyoung, who was eating a sandwich.

"Are you gonna eat this?" he looked at Taemin's plate, where the kimbap seemed untouchable.

"I... I'm not hungry." Sometimes he felt hunger, but he couldn't eat anything because of the nervousness, so Taemin didn't even try it. The kimbap was there only because Seyoung brought it for herself, but she was almost full with the sandwich, so she wanted to share her dinner with the boy.

"But you should eat... oh" she stopped, when her phone started to ring.

Seyoung took her phone out of her bag, and when she saw the name of the person who called her she blushed and smiled cutely. She murmured the word 'sorry' then put the phone to her ear, and left her colleagues alone.

"She's right. Come on." Minho grabbed a kimbap, and put it to Taemin's mouth. "Open your mouth. Hm?"

"Thanks for the coffee" he pushed Minho's hand away slowly, and took the iced coffee.

"Is everything okay?" he ate the kimbap then took a sip from his coffee. "As I can see you are really good in the scenes. You shouldn't be nervous. Just imagine that you're on the stage. Are you nervous, when you have a concert, too?"

Taemin stopped drinking, and he carefully looked at the man next to him, who was staring another kimbap. He didn't get an answer, so Minho led his gaze from the food to Taemin, and he laughed because of the boy's curious look.

"What?"

"Did you see me on stage?"

"Hm... okay. You got me. I went to your concert last week. My best friend had a plus ticket, and when he told me his boyfriend had to work that night I thought about the script reading, and... I was curious about you.

"And..." Taemin put the paper cup on the table, and he cleared his throat. "How did you like it?"

"My friend is your biggest fan, really... but even he told me that I was shouting so loud his ear was hurting." Minho confessed, giggling, and it made Taemin a little bit calmer for some reason. "So... congratulation, Lee Taemin. You were amazing that night."

He didn't know what to say. Of course he had a lot of thoughts in his head, but he didn't know which one would be good enough, so when he saw that Seyoung put her phone away and started to walk back to them he chose the most simple and shortest one.

"Thanks."

*

As days passed Taemin started feeling better around the crew. If he made a mistake the other actors gave him advices; he even got some from the director when he asked for his help, and Taemin was really grateful for it.

It wasn't until they arrived to the part of the script that scared Taemin the most. He was shaking, he felt himself cold and hot at the same time like he had a fever, and he even used a thermometer too, but it said he is healthy - except the nervousness.

The worst part was the waiting. They had a few more scenes with other actors they wanted to shoot before his part, and until then he was sitting near the shooting area with a glass of water. Sometimes he took a sip from it to make himself busy. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, hoping he can pull himself together. When he opened his brown eyes he ran his fingers through his long hair, and opened the script book on the page he needed to shoot soon.

Yes, Lee Taemin was sure next time he will definitely read the script before he agrees to a shooting.

He thought he should talk about this with Seyoung. The young actress was always kind and patient with him. One night the three of them even had a dinner in an Italian restaurant, where Minho wanted to pay for everything as the eldest. When the man got an important call and left his colleagues alone Seyoung spoke to Taemin quietly. She told him that actually she is the eldest, but she found it cute that although Minho might knew about it he acted like he was the eldest among the three of them.

"Se... Seyoung... can we talk?"

The actress just finished another scene, and if Taemin heard it well they had five more minutes until the next shooting.

He didn't know how to start it. He had never talked about it to strangers, and he didn't plan to do it like this.

"Of course, what..."

"Five minutes!"

After Taemin heard the voice he shuddered, and Seyoung was more worried about the younger. She sent a smile what was full of kindness, and whispered a 'fighting' before she walked to the place of the next scene.

Minho finished his scenes for today, so he thought he should meet his friends in one of their houses, where they could have some drinks, and they could talk. He took his phone, excitedly, and searched for his friend's number, when he heard a voice. Minho's finger stopped above the screen, and he went closer to the crowd, slowly, to watch the shooting.

"I am sorry." Taemin said, embarrassed, and he bowed before the people around them, who just nodded, and they were ready to do everything again.

Taemin didn't remember when was the last time, when he apologized so many times like now, but he knew he won't forget about the shame he felt during the shooting. Seyoung took a deep breath, and Taemin could see how tired she was, so he wouldn't have been surprised if she was angry with him.

"Taemin" she smiled and stepped closer to the boy to look into his eyes ", everything's alright. It's not that difficult. But today I have to go to a show after this, so... let's do it quickly, please."

"Seyoung..." He didn't know how he should tell her. He his dry lips, and took his gaze away from the tired eyes.

"We'll continue it tomorrow!" Both of them looked at the director, who was between Seyoung's and Taemin's manager.

It started to get darker, and Taemin remembered that it was a scene where they needed daylight. It doesn't matter who he met with during the way to his manager's car he apologized to everybody, and there were a few people who didn't even know what he was talking about.

Jasoon arrived to the car with rushed steps, rolling her eyes, and she walked to the driving seat without any word after she pushed the button on the key. Taemin was ready for a little argument with the woman, but he thought maybe he should call a taxi.

"Taemin!"

Before he got in the car he turned around after he heard his name, and he watched the man, who was coming closer to them, surprising Taemin and his manager too.

"Mr. Choi, Taemin has to go home. He's going to continue the shooting tomorrow, and..."

"I know, Mrs. Park. I just thought we can have a talk or... something... I'll take him home before midnight. Is it alright?"

"I don't really understand this, Mr. Choi" she looked at the young men above the car, resting her arm on the opened door. "Taemin has to learn his line, because..."

"I can help him."

"But..."

"Okay."

Taemin would have given anything to avoid the conversation with Jasoon, so, although he had no idea what was really in Minho's mind, a robbery or swimming in the cold lake sounded better than more than one hour in a car with his manager.

Jasoon didn't want to argue with his nephew in front of the other actor, so she agreed to the boy's wish, she nodded and got in the car, disappearing from the parking place.

"What about a drink?" Minho raised an eyebrow, and put his hands in his jeans' pocket.

"Honestly?" Now as the crew and his manager were not with him Taemin could sigh with relief; finally he could breathe again. "I think two would be better."

Since the shooting had started he heard Minho's laughter a lot, and now he could smile at it, when the elder laughed. Minho hugged his shoulder with one arm, and he led the way. Taemin asked him about his plans, and Minho told him a few days ago he saw a place beside the road, where they could drink good and cheap alcohol.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

In the beginning Minho was talking about his own day; about the scenes they were shooting, and Taemin only talked, when the elder asked him, but now it was too sudden, when Minho changed the topic.

"About what?" he poured the strong drink again into his small glass.

"I saw what happened, when you were shooting with Seyoung." Minho put the glass down on the table that was filled with beer, and wiped his mouth with his hand.

"Nothing happened..."

"Yes..." Minho smirked as he remembered what he saw. "I noticed that. If you're over it you'll have an action scene, right? I mean... we'll have a fighting scene, won't we?"

"Yeah... I guess." Taemin shrugged and reached for another bottle. "Why?"

"Don't worry. I won't hurt you."

"What?" he frowned before the glass touched his lips. "What are you talking about?"

"If you're afraid that I will hit you too strongly, then don't worry. I'll be careful. I... I don't want to ruin your face" he rested his chin on his hand, and he was looking down at his drink.

"I'm not afraid of that scene." Taemin put the empty glass down, and made a loose ponytail from his straight, brown hair.

"Then? Do you have a problem with learning the script?" Minho looked up to him with curiousity. "You're a singer, so it's weird, isn't it?"

"I can learn my lines..." he leaned back in his chair, playing with the almost empty glass between his fingers.

"Hm..." Minho pouted while he was thinking. He had no idea what could be the other's problem, but he wanted to help him.

Taemin noticed the man's movement, and he lazily tilted his head aside. Minho's big, brown eyes were staring the beer, while Taemin was watching the person's lips in front of him. He had nothing to lose. Both of them drank too much, so Taemin hoped his colleague won't remember anything about their conversation.

"I don't have any problem with my lines. I'm not afraid of the fighting scenes either. Just... There is one scene I can't do."

He could draw Minho's attention. The man straightened up in his chair, before he would have used the table as a pillow, and he stayed quiet.

"Seyoung and I... we have a... we have a kissing scene."

"I know, I read it. And what's your problem? Seyoung is very pretty and nice."

"I know, but..."

"You are pretty too."

Taemin knew Minho said this because of the alcohol, so he didn't really want to react to it. If they were sober he would have protested, because he was handsome and not pretty.

"This... this is so awkward, but..."

"Tell me." Minho leaned closer to him above the table. "Maybe I can help you."

"I didn't do the scene today, because... because I didn't want my first kiss to be in front of the cameras."

He did it. He told him. It was the first time that besides his closest friend he told it to someone, who just blinked at him and tried to understand what he heard. It seemed Minho succeeded, because he nodded and sat back on his chair.

"You're overreacting it. It's not awkward, Taemin."

"Yes! Yes it is! How the hell should I do this scene? Hm? Should I give the role back, because I'm afraid of a kissing scene? If I do it I have to give the crew and the reporters a normal explanation. But, if I stay then... what if I make a mistake? What if Seyoung finds out, and she says I'm bad at it, and we have to stop the shooting, hm?"

Since they met in the script reading Minho had never seen the boy as vehement as now, and although he suspected that Taemin can't be quiet and modest all the time - especially after what he saw from him during the concert -, he didn't think the boy can talk like this because of a little problem like that.

"Wait here."

Taemin didn't want to believe his ears. He told something to this man that he would never said to others, and now he just stood up and left? His gaze never left Minho, who took his wallet out and paid for the drinks.

"Minho..." he clung to the taller man's upper arm, after he walked to him. "What are you doing?"

"It's on me. Excuse me" he spoke to the owner. "Where is the nearest place where we can get a room?"

The room - Minho paid for it for the night - was lighted by a small lamp what Taemin found on a table next to the door. They left their shoes on a small shelf beside the wall, and the younger watched in silence as Minho put the water down they bought and went to the window to let the fresh air in.

"Come here."

"Hm?" Taemin approached him slowly, but he had to leave the wall that helped him to maintain his balance. "What's that?"

"I... I can help you... but only if you want."

Taemin stopped before him, and he looked up to the elder, curiously. Why would he want to help him? And what was he thinking? It wasn't a line where he just needs a sentence or a word to remember what he has to say.

"Usually a quick peck is enough. Just... your lips have to touch each other... nothing serious." Minho explained, after the silence.

"And do... do you want to help me?" Taemin felt how hot his face was during the question, but he hoped Minho will blame the alcohol.

"If you..."

"I want it" he finished the sentence and took one more step closer to Minho, almost closing the distance between them.

He just wanted to show a simple kiss to the boy that he can use during the shooting tomorrow. The man led his fingers onto Taemin's nape, the silky locks were tickling his skin then he swiped the light brown hair aside from the boy's forehead.

As close they were to each other as fast Taemin's heartbeat was in his chest, and because of the nervousness he forgot to close his eyes after Minho's lips gently touched his lips.

Minho was right; it really was an innocent, simple peck. They stayed like that for a few moments, and Minho was the one who pulled away from the frozen boy. Taemin knew the colour of his face could be like the colour of a tomato by now.

"That's it?" Taemin asked after he collected his thoughts, and he was able to speak again. "I just... I just have to do this, and it's gonna be okay?"

"Sure... I mean... This drama is rather an action series, so you don't have to worry about it."

"Oh... okay."

"But... but if you'll have another role... maybe in a romantic drama, you can do it like this too."

He stepped back to Taemin, and he repeated the previous movement with some changes. While one of his hands was resting on Taemin's nape he led the other down on the boy's side until he found his waist. This time the younger closed his eyes, so he could concentrate only on the feeling that Minho's lips gave him.

Minho started lazily moving his lips, and he pulled the shorter boy closer, feeling Taemin's uncertain hands on his body.

As a next step he took Taemin's bottom lip between his lips, so he heard a quiet moan from the surprised boy, and Minho's tongue could easily find the other's. He felt that Taemin's whole body was shaking, so he held him stonger, and guided him to the bed.

Taemin immediately opened his eyes, when Minho sat down on the bed, pulling him into his lap. After Taemin forgot about his uncertainty he wrapped his arms around the man's neck, and leaned his forehead to Minho's. They could still smell the scent of alcohol, but their thoughts and desires were sober.

The touch of Minho's fingers was different when he felt it on his skin, and he ducked his head down, breaking the kiss for the elder's biggest sorrow, who didn't understand what happened. He pulled his hands out under the boy's T-shirt, where he was caressing his back, and put his fingers under Taemin's chin to lift his head up, so he could look into his eyes.

"Taemin..."

"I'm okay..." he said between two breaths, and removed his T-shirt, dropping it on the floor.

As his fingers let the material go Taemin already regretted his decision, and he was sure if he didn't drink he wouldn't have done anything like this. But when Minho came closer to him and placed his lips on his collarbone he forgot about every worry. To make it easier for Minho he leaned his head back, and ran his fingers through the man's dark hair, caressing his nape.

"I hope you won't accept roles where you have to do things like this." Minho murmured and looked up to Taemin with bright eyes, before he started the younger's .

"Why?" Taemin laughed and a groan left his mouth. "Would you be jealous?"

Instead of an answer Minho held the boy's back stronger, and in the next moment Taemin felt the matress and the blanket under himself. Minho was next to him, placing one of his legs between Taemin's, while he was caressing the younger's cheek.

"What do you think? You can't give this knowledge to anybody" he warned him with a joking tone, and leaned down for another kiss.

Taemin wanted to repay everything Minho gave him, but he didn't know how to do it. First he carefully touched the skin under Minho's T-shirt, but when he felt the hot body he had changed his mind. Minho noticed it too, so without stopping the kiss he grabbed Taemin's wrist, and led it back to its previous place.

"Hm... Minho..." he tried to speak, but Minho didn't stop the kiss, so Taemin had to figure something out. When he got an idea, he realized he would never do this if he was sober, and he ran his hand down on Minho's back to hit his .

"Lee Taemin... what the hell..." Minho couldn't believe it, and both of them started laughing, calming Taemin down with it.

"Can... can we just sleep? I couldn't sleep properly for weeks, and maybe now I can do this."

"Why do you think that?" he just couldn't resist the boy. He had to touch him somewhere, and while they were talking he put his hand on the boy's shoulder, making small circles with his thumb.

"Because I'm not as nervous as I was before."

"Okay" he agreed and sat up on the bed to remove his black T-shirt, while Taemin was watching him with a confused look. "Put it on. Yours is on the floor, and you said you want to sleep."

He could have put on his own T-shirt too. Taemin wasn't stupid, and he could figure it out what it was about.

"You just wanted to show me your abs" he punched gently the elder's stomach, and put Minho's T-shirt on.

"I can't believe you think I would do something like that." Minho was joking again.

"I don't know you, Minho... I don't know what I should think about you" he told what both of them knew. "But... but thank you. Really. You helped me a lot..."

He wanted to say something to him, but neither of them was sane for now, so Minho just leaned closer and kissed Taemin's cheek, resting his forehead against the boy's temple.

"Good night, Taemin."

*

After they heard the voice of the director Taemin stepped away from Seyoung, who didn't even blush during their kiss. The boy was sure it wasn't Seyoung's first kiss as an actress, and that she has done it many times.

"See you in the afternoon, then." Seyoung waved to him, happily, and she left to have lunch with her manager, putting her phone to her ear.

For now Taemin didn't have any scene to shoot, so he thought he should go to have a lunch too with his aunt. He arrived at the shooting with Minho in the morning, so he told Jasoon it's enough if he comes around one p.m., if she wants. Of course he didn't have to tell her twice; she promised him she won't be late.

"Taemin."

"Oh, Minho? I thought you only come around two p.m."

They had to shoot their shared scenes, and Minho had to deal with some things before that because of his upcoming movie premier.

"The meeting was finished sooner, so I thought I should watch your scene."

"Oh." Taemin scratched his head, nervously, and he tried to avoid the eye-contact. "I see."

"You did well" he patted his shoulder, and his hand stayed there for a longer time what Taemin noticed too.

"Thanks... hyung. For the compliment and... and for the help." Taemin said and bit his bottom lip. 

As Minho saw this he gulped and looked around. He nodded to Taemin, after he saw a truck then walked in its way. The younger only followed him, when he made sure that nobody was watching them, and when he was behind the vehicle, too, Minho stepped to him, and before Taemin could have said anything he kissed him.

Taemin found himself between the truck and Minho, but he didn't mind it. Both of them smiled during the kiss that reminded them of the last night.

"Here."

"Hm?"

Minho showed him a note, where were numbers on it with his name then he folded it, and put the paper into Taemin's pocket.

"If you want to meet me after the shooting."

"Yes... I want. And your friends are my guests for my next concert."

"No, you don't have to..."

"But I want this."

"Okay, but you have to meet me before that. You told me yesterday that you want to know more about me. And Jonghyun made me promise him that I will organize a double date, so... I thought before that we should go on a date alone, just the two of us."

"Jonghyun?"

"The president of the Lee Taemin fan club." Minho said with pride in his voice.

"I already know I will like your friends" he put his hands on Minho's chest, and his fingers were playing with the shirt's buttons.

"And what about me?"

"I already like you."