chae loves hugs

hugs and sleepovers make a great pair

Chaeyoung likes hugs.

She likes hugs from anyone. Of course, she likes being the one to hug others too. Whether it was a hug from Nayeon or hugging Momo, she liked it.

But there is only one person that she would love to hug, or be hugged. Chou Tzuyu. Her ultimate best friend. Sounds easy to get hugs from, right?

It would be, if Chaeyoung had no feelings involved. So, no, it isn't easy for her. The girl felt awkward having skinship like that with Tzuyu, even though the two are really close.

Chae overthinks many things.

Especially her increasing desire to hug Tzuyu, it was getting a bit too overwhelming. During school break, she'd usually hug every single one of their friends, except the tallest girl. Momo and the others sometimes question the instances where she'd leave out a certain friend from her warm hugs, though only Dahyun knows why the short girl does this.

"Why can't you do it? Atleast once." Dahyun asked while copying notes for their chemistry exams, she wants to see the girl try, after all, she knows the feelings of both girls, but with Chaeyoung being too dense to realize that her feelings for Tzuyu were not unrequited.

"I don't know, I think she'll feel weird. I'd feel weird. I would get nervous and things like that and maybe she doesn't want those kinds of things, you know?" She was messed up at this point, it made her feel like there was a force field that hinders her from touching her beloved best friend.

 

She was scared that Tzuyu may have speculations about her feelings, and if it was to be confirmed, she'd leave her— for good. And god knows Chaeyoung will do anything to keep Tzuyu by her side for the rest of their lives.

Dahyun stands up and grabs both of her shoulders, "Son Chaeyoung. You and I both know that you are whipped for Chou Tzuyu and of course you would not deny that. So for 's sake just do whatever you want casually or else she'll notice your feelings, alright?" She sighed, this is hard. "I'll try, I guess."

 

Chaeyoung didn't try. Not even once.

 

When Chae was busy with playing around with Momo, Dahyun, and Jeongyeon in their school field, Sana and Tzuyu sat nearby, both of which are holding notes, apparently trying to study, but repeatedly fails everytime one of the four trips or does something stupid. Tzuyu stares at the smallest of the four, then sighs. "Sana unnie. I need to ask you a question." The japanese girl tilts her head to look at the rather bothered taiwanese. "Hmm, Tzu? What's bothering you?"

 

Taking a deep breath, she mumbles rapidly, "Why is it that Chaeng hugs all of you except me and why doesn't she realize that I want her hugs the most it feels so empty and I hate that I feel like this what should I do I really want her.."

"..hugs. I really want her hugs." then she closes her eyes and proceeded to lay down on the grass.

Sana laughed at her friend's cuteness. "So it's true after all." Tzuyu got up, "What is?" asking the older girl. "The things Dahyun tell me, everything is true, as from what I heard five seconds ago." Sana pinches her cheeks. "You two are soooo cute, but , my girlfriend gets stressed every time she thinks about the two of you. God, when will you two realize your feelings for each other?"

The taiwanese laughed, "Dahyun unnie doesn't know how to chill after all." She reflects on what Sana had said, and laid down on the grass again.

God, when will you two realize your feelings for each other? Tzuyu repeats Sana's voice for more than ten times inside her head.

feelings for each other??

what?

"Unnie." She calls for the japanese girl, opening her eyes. "Yes??" The girl replied, obviously trying hard to not stare at Dahyun(who was sweaty and for Sana, she was incredibly hot) and was trying to focus on her notes. "What'd you mean feelings for each other?" Sana froze, then slowly turned her head to look at Tzuyu, then immediately widened her eyes and covered whilst mumbling, "oh ."

 

Sana stood up, and took her belongings. "Gotta go now, bye!!" Then ran towards her girlfriend, pulling Dahyun away, leaving Momo, Jeongyeon, and Chaeyoung confused for a few seconds, but then immediately disregarded the tofu's vanishing a few moments later. A few meters from them, there was a lone Tzuyu, spaced out due to what Minatozaki Sana had revealed. "Chae has feelings for me too?" she whispered then smiled a little, which looked a little creepy considering that her friends were somehow far from her, but then, this new information had been too shocking and great to not let out emotions.

 

++++++

 

Things were normal, from the outside, atleast. Few weeks after the slip-up Sana made, Tzuyu had been incredibly jumpy everytime Chaeyoung approached her. Fortunately, the korean is incredibly dense, not noticing the small changes in her best friend's movements, though her desire for hugging the girl was still her main problem through the weeks— not doing anything to release frustration her made her more irritated, which made Dahyun irritated as well.


Dahyun scolded her girlfriend for the accidental revelation, but then realized that this may be a good opportunity for the two.

She planned something that might help the two out. Pulling out her phone, she sent a group message to her friends;

From: Dubu
To: Sana, Momo, Mina, Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Jihyo, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu

Sleepover this weekend? Everyone should come. No buts. Love you guys!!

One by one, the girls confirmed their presence and Dahyun started to plan their sleeping arrangement for the weekend.


++++++



"Jihyo, Jeongyeon, and Nayeon, take the first room. Momo, Mina, the third room. Me and Sana will sleep here in the living room, and Chaeng and Tzuyu can
take the room on the second floor, before the rooftop entrance. Is it alright?" Dahyun asked, on the corner of her eye Chaeyoung was about to protest, and
Tzuyu was about to whisper something on Sana's ear. "Okay, no one objects! Get settled, then." Dahyun claps her hands then winks at Sana. Hopefully this plan of theirs can get the two to finally profess their feelings for each other— or, at least hug, really.

On the way up, as Tzuyu opened the door, she sees only one bed, just fit for the size of them two. Soon as Chaeyoung saw the bed situation, she sighed internally, automatically knowing that a certain girl, the oldest of the maknaes, planned this from the beginning. Glancing at the younger girl, she wondered as to why she looked so bothered, the girl was actually staring at the bed with open for about a minute now.

 

"Ya Chewy? You alright? We can manage in that bed.. I guess. Don't worry." Lifting her hand to close the taller girl's mouth, with a small laugh.

Both got settled, and after a few moments, Chaeyoung excused herself upon hearing that Momo was calling her, probably to play around again. Soon as Tzuyu was alone, she sighed loudly and plopped herself on the bed. Hopefully this isn't going to be a long night. Besides, what could go wrong?

 

Her unnies were drinking alcohol.

 

The only ones who weren't allowed to drink were her and Chaeyoung, being the 'babies' of the group . They were a mess, honestly. Sana and Dahyun were making out on the corner. Mina and Momo weirdly though, just sat on the couch— Tzuyu was about to approach them, thinking they were sober. But then the two would glance at each other then just laugh for like, a ridiculously weird amount of time.

Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Jihyo, and Chaeyoung were playing their odd games again, though Chaeyoung was the only one to think straight, for Chaeng, thinking straight meant hugging everyone(except Sana and Dahyun, and Tzuyu). After seeing the chaos, she decided to lay in the bed for a short while, and probably come back later to join in the fun that her friends were having.

She needed to do something about her feelings for Chaeyoung, it was getting in the way of their friendship, atleast for her. Maybe Sana and Dahyun was wrong about Chaeng's feelings? Because surely the korean should be affected like she was, but as Tzuyu sees it, nothing's changed with the other girl.

After sighing deeply for the nth time that night, she decided to be with her friends again, unfortunately, everyone was wasted on the floor, again, except Sana and Dahyun, both of which cannot be seen in the living room anymore, and from the sounds she'd heard on her way to the living room, she already knew what the two were up to, and the smart choice was to interrupt and annoy them not interfere.

Deciding to carry the drunk members to their assigned rooms, she saw that each room had a bed for each person, unlike her shared room with Chaeyoung, with only one bed. "I knew it," she mumbles, confirming that Dahyun and Sana had this planned all along. Her roommate for the time being was nowhere to be found though, so she presumed that she was sleeping in their room, in that one bed that they were forced to share.

 

The taiwanese decided to climb up the rooftop, to maybe, think and reflect about her feelings, on what she should do about it, and most importantly, how to get hugged by Son Chaeyoung.

Fingers trailing up the cold railings of the stairs, she was startled that somebody was already there. The small body was hard to not recognize, and so Tzuyu slowly walked up to the small girl standing, who was relaxing and was feeling the cold wind gently glide past her. Upon reaching Chaeyoung's back, she gently inserts her arms underneath Chaeyoung's, slowly turning the gesture into a full backhug.

"I have a question," Chaeyoung froze, immediately recognizing the tall frame and the soft voice behind her.

"Hmm?"

"Why don't you hug me? Don't you know I'm the one who needs your hugs the most?"

"It's.. I don't know."

"It's kinda sad, you always leave me out whenever you felt like hugging."

"I'm sorry, I guess?"

"Do you wanna know why I need your hugs?"

"Um, why?"

"Because I ing love you Chaeyoung. How selfish of you to deprive me of what I need."

Chaeyoung managed to keep calm. "Then you could have asked me if you wanted to."

"Then, I'm asking you right now. Hug me and only me. Do you like it that I hug you like this?"

"No, I love it. I love you."

"Very well then, I'm glad that you do. And, I love you too."

Chaeyoung breaks the firm backhug , then turns and tiptoes to peck the taller girl's lips. Tzuyu, was startled, but then smiled at the sudden gesture.

"I'm sleepy," She yawns. "Let's go sleep." She pulls Tzuyu by the hand, leading her to their bedroom.

Under the blanket, Chaeyoung smiled, happy that this was actually happening, they were next to each other, with her short arms wrapped around Tzuyu, who was now asleep.

Chaeyoung loved hugs.