Final

She's Got You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

A/N: Unbeta'd. Sorry for the weird language usage and all of that. Sorry for all spelling and grammar mistakes as well, haven't written in a while. Thank you for reading <3.

Mina knew when to let go. She wasn't the type to hold onto someone who no longer loved her back. She simply wasn't that type of girl. When Mina found out that he was to wed one of the most eligible bachelorettes, her heart sank. Suddenly, every single promise they made to each other before she left, came coming back.

"Thank you so much, Hun!" Mina exclaimed as she observed her new ring. That day, Sehun and Mina were shopping for promise rings before she was to fly to America to study ballet. She was accepted to one of the most prestigious dancing companies in New York.

"This ring symbolizes our love for each other and our promise to always be faithful despite being miles apart. I love you so much, my love." Sehun said as he kissed her on the lips.

'What did you expect?', she thought to herself as she tried contacting one of her best friends. Her flight just landed in Seoul. She was currently waiting for her luggage at the baggage claim. On the third ring, Sana Minatozaki, her childhood best friend, picked up. "Sana!" Mina said gleefully.

"Mina! Ackk! Ottoke? This is a Korean number, you're in Korea?" She yelled in surprise. Mina didn't tell anyone that she was coming back. Her role as the lead in her company's Black Swan production just ended and she had a couple months of paid vacation break before they needed her back. However, she had decided to stay in Korea for good. Mina wouldn't lie and say she didn't have any expectations. Some part of her expected that her life would pick back up as if she didn't leave three years ago.

"Yes babe, I'm back! Are you surprised?" Mina played it off as if she came for Sana, but she knew in her heart that it was all for him. 

"Is that why I couldn't reach you these last couple of days? I was starting to get worried you know," said Sana as she fussed over the phone. 

"Well, I'm fine now. Actually, I have a question. Why didn't you tell me? I had to find out in the newspaper Sana - a celebrity gossip magazine!" Mina angrily said over the phone.

"Well, I didn't want to worry you. You did say that it was better to completely cut off contact."

"I di--d-d- say that," Mina stuttered. "Regardless, I came back because I thought we still had a chance. He said he would wait even if it took a thousand years."

"Mina, I'm telling you this as your best friend. You kinda don't have the right to assume that he would wait. It's been three years and no news from you made it seem like you moved on. He needed to move on too." Sana had a point and Mina couldn't help but concede to her logic. 

At the airport, Sehun and Mina were embracing tightly. 

"Please call me every day. I will miss you so much." Mina said in tears.

"I will wait for you, my love. Even if it takes a thousand years. Please don't be sad. I will call every day, there's Skype too."

That was their last conversation. Any attempt Sehun did to contact Mina resulted in her completely ignoring his efforts. He even asked her family about her whereabouts, but they also lost communication with her. Each passing month made Sehun feel more and more hopeless. Mina hid from him and her family and that was completely her fault, she conceded. Sehun even went to Sana and Sana had to lie and say she couldn't reach Mina too. Despite all of her regret, going to New York was one of the best decisions she had made in her life.

"Mommy, look a puppy! Can I pet him?" A little girl said as she pointed to a small chihuahua passing by.

"In a second honey, mommy is still on the phone with Aunt Sana. Do you want to say hi?" 

"Yes!" The girl giddily said. "Hello, Aunt Sana. I miss you!"

"Aigooo, my little Hana. Well, don't you worry about that! I will see you soon. Can I please speak to mommy?" Hana passed the phone to her mom as she watched the same dog walk around, its owner also waiting for his luggage. "Speaking of which, have you figured out where you're staying?" 

"No. I was going to ask for a favor and ask if Hana and I could stay with you and Chanyeol for a couple of days while I look for an apartment and a job."

"This is your Captain speaking. We have now landed in New York." Mina felt terrible the whole flight. Nausea, fatigue, and headaches were some of the things she had to endure - not to mention she had unwillingly snapped at one of the flight attendants for hovering. 'They were just doing their job,' she reminded herself and proceeded to apologize for her infraction. What the FA said immediately worried her. 

"Well don't worry ma'am, I know how tough pregnancies can be. I'm assuming you're still in your first trimester judging from your symptoms."

"Excuse me?" Mina started counting the days when she had her last period - a week! She was a week late.

"Oh, I'm sorry for assuming. I thought that since you had nausea and headaches that you were pregnant. I apologize," And the flight attendant went on their way. 

As soon as the plane landed, she rushed to get her bag from baggage claim and to one of those stores selling pregnancy tests.

She ran to the bathroom and peed on the stick. After pacing for a couple of minutes, the test was ready and read positive. Mina burst into tears. Just like that, her dream of becoming a ballerina was thrown out of the window. She didn't know what to do. Was she going back home and face the wrath of her family for having premarital ? Or should she tell Sehun, who might possibly not want the child himself? She didn't know what to do. 

And in a rash moment of judgment, Mina called the school and told them that she was deferring, which meant that she would attend school the next year and to withdraw her tuition and put it in her account.

"I love you already. I'm going to make sure that you are going to grow up well." Mina said to herself as she caressed her belly. The first thing she did was call Sana and explain the situation. Sana, while shocked, remained supportive. Sana pulled some strings and told her to stay at one of her friend's house, for now, concealing Mina's situation until Mina herself was comfortable talking about it. "Sana, please tell no one about this. Even Chanyeol. As far as they know, I'm dead."

And her life continued after that. Using the money she had taken from her tuition/scholarship, she insisted on paying a little rent for staying there, and Jeongyeon, Sana's friend relented. She began looking for stay-at-home jobs that would help her buy prenatal vitamins and allow for weekly checkups. She decided on becoming a medical transcriptionist, which meant that she would transcribe doctors' notes and the lot. 

A year passed and she finally had saved enough to sustain her family as well as apply to the same ballet company she deferred to a year ago. They told her she had to audition once more and Mina conditioned her body to be able to pass that audition.

Fast forward two years later, and Mina had successfully finished her first lead production. She was immensely

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter