...Give up? (The End)

...Give up?

 

Baekhyun POV

“ Yah, Byun Baekhyun!” screamed Jongdae who was seated in front of me. Damn this guy disturbing my train of thought. I give him my deathly glare which usually will scare a lot of people. But this is Jongdae that we are talking about, being friend with me make him immune to my death threat. “ Jongdae has been calling out your name more than five times but there’s no respond coming from you. Instead, you keep on looking around. Are you looking for somebody Baek?” Luhan who was seated on my right asked while eating his tuna sandwich. I glanced toward him and sighed “ I’m not. Just looking around that’s it.” Bitting on my own sandwich, I looked around the university cafeteria and still there no sign of him. A tsked came out from Jongdae mouth making me turned my gaze toward him. Understanding my questioning looked, he rolled his eyes “ You’re looking for him aren’t you?” Gasping with my eyes wide opened, I shout NO a bit too loudly which cause all of the students to turn their heads toward us. Luhan being the smiley one said sorry on my behalf and everyone back to doing their own business. Aww, thank you Luhan. Now back to our topic, I saw Jongdae giving me that evil smirk as if saying I-know-who-you-are-looking-for. I rolled my eyes and threw my French fries toward him. “ Why should I be looking for him?” “ Cause he’s your husband.” Came a reply from behind.

 

I turned around and saw that it was Chanyeol, my other best friend who is freaking tall and have a pair of ear like yoda, with Youngjae beside him. The both of them seat beside Jongdae with Chanyeol in between the three of them. Eyy this two, I know what you are thinking , yes the two of them are couple alright. Chanyeol should be thankful because Youngjae accepted his confession easily. If it was me, I will kick his first. But, hey it is not like I got some feeling for him. “ Looking for Daehyun aren’t you?” Chanyeol asked. I looked at him with my lazy eyes, “ Why should I be looking for him?” “ Of course you should.” Came a reply from Jongdae, “ he had been courting you for like 1 month and always being around you during lunch time. Now, he’s not around of course you’ll be missing his presence.” This camel, seriously, can he just zip his mouth. Luhan gave me that teasing smile and said, “ Now to think of it, it had been three days since we last saw him. Are you guys fighting Baekhyun-ah?”I slapped his finger which he used to poke on my cheek. “ We’re not. Maybe he gave up on courting me.” I whisper the last sentences. “ No Baekhyun hyung, Daehyun hyung still didn’t give up on you hyung.” Youngjae said while grinning toward me.

 

Wait, how did this guy can be so sure about it. Something is not right here. I squinted my eyes toward him, “ How can you be so sure about it Youngjae-ah?” Hearing my question, he seem to blurt out something that he should not said. He glanced toward Chanyeol as if asking for some help. Nuh-uh you better tell me little one. “ Youngjae-ah, spit it out now. Not gonna bite you, promise.” I give him my most blinding smile which can melt the heart of everyone. ( my smile is pretty okayyy >_< ). Knowing the mood I am in right now, Chanyeol hold Youngjae’s hand and give him soft smile. Youngjae sighed. “ Actually , Daehyun hyung is sick right now”, what, “ So, you’re trying to say that he had been sick for 3 days?” How can he be sick for a long time? That stupid jerk. “ Daehyun hyung is a kind of people that hard to recover when they are sick. That’s why he is still in process of recovering now.” That stupid Daehyun, why didn’t he tell me? As if hearing my thought, Youngjae said, “ You mean a world for him Baekhyun hyung. He just don’t want you to be worried.” I frowned, “ Was it that hard for him to tell me about that?” I wondered and unfortunately landed my gaze toward Jongdae. He give me that evil smirk again, “ What?” He chuckled, oh how I wish to smack his head right now. “ Just thinking that if I’m Daehyun, I would never told you that I’m sick. Wanna know why?” He wiggled his eyebrow and gave me a teasing smile. This camel, can’t he just go straight to the point. I rolled my eyes and tell him to just say it. “ If I was Daehyun, telling you about my sickness would be no no. Can’t you remember everything that you did when Daehyun was around? You always pushed him away, told him to -off. So, can’t you see that’s why Daehyun didn’t want to tell you. Telling you will just be a waste of time”, he snarked. I glared at him, but yeah he managed to hit the point there. All of this time, I keep on pushing him away. Told him to just -off. Youngjae looked at me hesitantly and slide a piece of sticky note toward me. There was an address written on it. “ That’s Daehyun hyung address”, Youngjae mumbled and I blinked at him, “ in case you want to visit him”, he said and I dropped my gaze down immediately. Should I visit him?

…………

I extended my hand to knock on Daehyun’s door but stop and bring it back to my side. Damn it, just knock on the door you fool. Just knock, it is not that hard. Breath-in breath-out. You can do it Baekhyun. Extending my hand for the I don’t know how many times already, I knocked softly on his doors. I’m visiting a sick people remember, knocking too loud will bring a severe headache too them, I guess. I waited for a while but there’s no answer. Did he faint in there? I knocked for the second time, and this time a lil bit harder. “ You can just leave the medicine on the door knob Youngjae-ah”, Who would have thought that he will answer like this? I glanced toward the medicine on the door knob and took it. If the medicine were here, then does it mean he did not take his medicine yet. This . Without thinking, I kicked the door with my leg which I’m 100% sure will shocked that stupid head. I heard footsteps coming toward the door while mumbling “ What is wrong with this kid?” The door opened harshly. And there he is, presenting himself with messy hair and sleepy eyes. Crossing my arms, I waited for him to recognise me.

 

“ Baek? What are you doing here?” he asked confusedly. He glanced toward my hand which was holding the medicine. “ Awww, are you trying to be a good wife and wanting to take care of me Baekhyunnie?” he clicked his tongue and I grinned my teeth. “ Get in”, I mumbled and pushed him back to his room. He walked back toward his bed while I closed the door. “ Did you eat already?”, I asked while trying to avert my eyes from him. I noticed him grading me from head to toe. Ah, he was checking me out, I guess. “ Hmm” he nodded his head. “ When?” I asked while putting the medicine on his study table which situated next to his bed. “ This morning.”, he replied in a scratchy voice. I gasped and smacked him on his right arm softly. I’m not an abusive person okay. “ It just that I’m not hungry.” , he pouted heavily while caressing his arm. “ But still, you have to fill in your stomach and eat your medicine.” I said with a shake of my head. “ I’ll just go out and buy some food for you.” , he grabbed my wrist and give me his puppy eyes. “ Hmm, actually there’s some porridge left there. Youngjae bought it for me. But since I don’t have any appetite so I just left it there.” Daehyun said with an apologetic tone. I sighed and laid him down on the bed while pulling up his duvet. “ Did you have any microwave in here?”, I stood by the bed, looking anxiously at him. He nodded his head and closed his eyes. Ah, I guess he’s too tired.

……………..

Daehyun’s POV

“…..hyun, Daehyun-ah wake up. Wake up sleepy head.” Hearing that voice, I opened my eyes slowly and was greeted with a cute and adorable view of my wifey ( even though it is not official yet ). Aw, can I just squeeze him in my arm. Well, if I wish to die in my young age then of course I can. What a sad life Daehyun-ah. I sit up on my bed with my back resting on the bed frame. He put his palm on my forehead, checking my temperature, I guess. “ Hmm you’re still hot”, he mumbled and I gave him a million watts smirk, “ I’m always ‘HOT’ “ he gaped at me and smack my head, “ Not that kind of hot, you ert.” Chuckling softly, I caressed my head which he abuse just now. “ I’m sorry but still it’s your fault”, he muttered to himself while helping to smoothed the pain that he cause on my head. This time I gave him my million watts smile and hold his hand to stop his movement, “ It’s okay Baekhyun-ah”, I said and he visibly relaxed, “ You’re not mad that I hurt you?” I chuckled, “ How can I get mad when my wife being so cute right now?” hearing my words, Baekhyun whined and stomped his feet, “ I’m a man, how can I be your wife?” Grinning widely was my only respond to him.

 

He grabbed the bowl of porridge and took a seat on the edge of my bed. “ I don’t want to eat. I feel nauseated”, I whined loudly at him. “ You should eat so that you can take your medicine and get well. And so that you can keep courting on me” I gaped at him. Seriously, did he just say that. Even though I’m 100% sure he muttered that last sentence to himself, but damn I can hear it damn well. Hehehe “ Then, feed me” I said. He rolled his eyes before taking a spoonful of porridge and feeding me like I’m a spoiled kid. After the second time he feed me, I grabbed the spoon and bowl from his hands. This time I’m the one that going to feed him. Taking a spoonful of porridge, I blow on it slowly to cool it down. “ Open your mouth”, I said and he stared at me confusedly, “ I’m not hungry”, by the time he finish that sentence I heard a faint growl came from his stomach. A little pinkish appeared on his cheeks make me smirk evilly, “ Lying to his husband is a bad habit wifey. Emm, open your mouth”, he muttered some cursing words which I know directed to me before taking a spoonful of porridge that I offered. “ Good boy”, I stated which he replied with a cute deathly glare. Haaaaaa, I just keep falling in love with you Baekhyun-ah.

 

I tried to give the last spoonful of porridge to him but instead he took the spoon from my hand and put it near my mouth. “ You should eat it”, amazed by his gestured, I opened my mouth to take the last bite of the porridge. Munching on the porridge happily, he took the bowl from my hand and was about to get up when I hold his wrist. I swallowed the porridge and said, “ Just put it on my study table” “huhh?” I smiled and caressed his wrist, “ stay by my side”, he sighed and muttered ‘ what a demanding brat’ under his breath. But still he give in to my appeal. He placed the bowl on my study table and grabbed the medicine and a glass of water for me. “ Take your medicine”, he said and I obediently obey his words.

 

Lying back on my bed, he pulled up the duvet even higher. Oi Baek, are you trying to bundle me up like a burrito. I pulled his arm which make him landing perfectly on my chest and hug him tightly. He squirmed and pushed me away in order to get up but to no avail. I sighed contentedly and bring him closer to my chest. What a nice day. But yeah Baek being Baek, he slapped my chest with his beautiful hand, “ Ewww, stop it. You are sweaty!” he said with scowl plastered on his face. This beautiful little monster. I leaned over and planted a kiss on his forehead which immediately shut him up. “ I’m sorry”, I said while caressing his right cheek with my left hand. Why am I becoming mushy lately? If this isn’t love, then I don’t know what else is. His confused face turned sad in a minute. Okay, did I say anything wrong just now? He snuggled closer to me and curled himself a little while placing his face on my chest. Well, I do like this kind of gesture but Baek you’re freaking me out right now. Then, a small sighed came out from his mouth. “ Baekhyun, are you okay?” he nodded his head “ I’m just scared”.

 

Scared? Why would he? Placing a kiss on his head, I softly asked him if he mind to share his thought with me. He sighed, “ I don’t know. Just the thought of you stop courting me make me scared. I don’t understand what’s going on but…I’m getting scared!” he explained in a shaky voice. “ You’re so cute” I says in a whisper. “ Baekhyun?” I called out his name after clearing out my throat, which he replied with a hummed. “ As you know, I had been chasing you for a while but yeah you keep on pushing me away. Told me to off but still, I keep on going after you, day by day without knowing the words give up. I’m not really sure if you have any feeling toward me but I can assured you that my feeling for you is real and still there, never once it fade away. I want you to know that I’ll never be unfaithful to you..” Grabbing his chin, I brought his gaze toward me, “ Baekhyun-ah, can you be my boyfriend?” Okay, that was smooth. I guess I managed to say it out. Assa! He throws a serious look at me as if he’s ready to answer my confession. And then he kiss me. Damn it. He totally caught me off-guard. Is this for real? Am I dreaming? “ That is my answer” he whisper and hide his face on my chest.

 

Aw, from being a fierce tiger to a cute little kitten in just a few minute. This happiness inside me is unexplainable. I wrapped him in a tight embrace with all my might. “ I’m kind of not clear of your answer. So, can you kindly repeat it for me?” I asked teasingly. He grunted and punch on my chest softly. “ Not gonna happen. Shut up and go to sleep”, he utters his response in a snap. I chuckled and give in to his words. “ Emm, you too. Sleep okay? I love you Baekhyunnie” I said while my hands patting his back gently. I closed my eyes, waiting for sleepiness to envelope me. In my state of drowsiness, I feel a soft kiss was planted on my forehead and a small voice whispering ‘ I love you too Daehyunnie’ before succumbing to my sleep.

 

 

The End

“ If you kiss my neck, I’m not responsible for what happens next.”- Byun Baekhyun