all we have to do is start

pretty girl

was gonna chuck this in w/the other oneshot thingo but i felt like it didnt really,,,,fit?? idk???
also there's not enough thirsty jihyo out there so i guess this is a feeble attempt
also idk anything about cheerleading why did i even write this tbh
w/e
anyway here's lesbian jesus
also idk if ill add a second part who ing knows i sure as hell dont B)

_____________________________

    For the past two years, Jihyo has successfully balanced her career as both a lesbian and a cheerleader. How she does it is an absolute mystery to Sana, who was banned indefinitely from the squad and the locker room the very minute she set foot in it.
“Is this the year I get unbanned from the squad?” Sana asks sweetly, batting her eyelashes as she clings to Jihyo by the arm on their way to the locker room.
“No,” Jihyo is firm and Sana pouts.
“But Jihyo!” she whines, “you’re head cheerleader now, you can unban me! Please?”
Jihyo shakes her head and pries Sana way from her, “nope. I don’t think the girls would like that very much.”
“Come on Jihyo! Us lesbians gotta help each other out!”
Jihyo stops and glares at Sana, “no! And stop telling the whole world I’m a lesbian!”
She storms off, leaving Sana to follow, until Jihyo enters the locker room and Sana is prohibited from entering, so she yells through the doorway before it closes, “Please Jihyo!”
Before the door slams shut she catches a muffled, indignant, “no!” and she stomps her foot and grumbles as she leaves.
Nayeon watches in amusement as Jihyo storms in and practically throws her things onto the bench.
“Looks like Sana’s never coming back, huh?” she chuckles.
“Nope,” Jihyo huffs, “why can’t she understand that there’s no way we can have a cohesive squad if she’s dating all of them?”
Nayeon tugs her skirt on and shrugs, “just Sana things, I guess.”
Jihyo shakes her head and sighs, “we’ve got tryouts today, right?”
Nayeon nods, “coach isn’t here today, so we get full reign.”
“Sound dangerous,” Jihyo snorts.
“Well, we’ve got Park Jihyo with us, so what could go wrong?” Nayeon pats Jihyo’s shoulder.
Jihyo frowns, “don’t say things like that, you’ll jinx it. Anyway, what are we looking for?”
Nayeon hums, “well, we need a new flyer, that’s really it.”
Jihyo groans, anticipating the long day that awaits.
“Cheer up, it can’t be that bad,” Nayeon smiles.

    It’s worse than they had ever expected. Clumsy juniors, annoying boys from the football teams only there on dares, Sana (who has to be dragged away), it’s a mess.
“How many more, Nayeon?” Jihyo sighs.
“A lot, unfortunately,” Nayeon grimaces, looking at the names on the sign up sheet.
Jihyo groans, paying no heed to Sana protesting as Jeongyeon removes her from the scene, “next!”
The next girl who steps up makes Jihyo shake. With her dark piercing eyes and confident grace that bordered on haughty, she makes Jihyo’s throat dry up. Her tryout is a blur in Jihyo’s mind. Jihyo can’t remember anything other than the sheer perfection before her eyes and when she finally manages to close her gaping mouth she sees Nayeon smiling in understanding.
“I think we’ve got what we need, everyone else can go home now!” Nayeon hollers with a clap of her hands.
There’s a chorus of groans and whines but Jihyo doesn’t hear them. She stares and stares at the girl who walks closer to her and Nayeon and panics as she searches for words to say. Thank god for Nayeon.
“Myoui Mina, right?” Nayeon asks.
Mina nods and says nothing.
“I guess you’re our new flyer, if our head cheerleader doesn’t object,” she whistles, “Jihyo?”
Jihyo snaps out of her daze, “huh? Oh! Yeah!”
“Practice is four days a week, Monday to Thursday, from 3 to 4:30,” Nayeon says.
Mina nods again
“Anything else, Jihyo?” Nayeon nudges her.
“I—uh—no! See you at practice!” Jihyo flusters. Mina looks her right into her eyes for a moment, as if she wants to say something, but to Jihyo’s relief (or disappointment?), she simply leaves without another word.
Nayeon watches as Jihyo quickly becomes infatuated, “you have good taste.”
“Shut up,” Jihyo says, face red and hot.
Nayeon laughs.

    Practice soon becomes torture. Mina almost always turns up nothing but a sports bra and spandex shorts and Jihyo can’t look at her without wanting to cry. For weeks Jihyo manages to avoid any form of interaction with Mina, but it all ends when Mina pulls her back after practice, when everyone else has left and Jihyo is doing some housekeeping.
“Jihyo,” comes a dangerously soft voice as someone tugs on her arm.
Jihyo feels her blood burn in her veins, but she manages a shaky, “y-yeah?”
“I need help,” Mina says slowly, “with that last stunt.”
“Isnt’ your partner for that Momo?” Jihyo asks, partly in confusion, partly to end the conversation because she can barely breathe when Mina is standing in front of her, with her hair up and glistening with sweat.
Mina’s eyes sparkle with what looks like mischief, but her face gives nothing away, “I thought it was a better idea to ask our head cheerleader.”
Jihyo finds herself not being able to say no.

    Despite being seated on a cheer box, Jihyo’s legs are trembling. Mina is standing on her thighs, with Jihyo holding onto her waist so she doesn't fall.
“O-okay now just—slowly lift your left leg out behind you and bend forward,” Jihyo instructs.
Mina complies, holding herself up with her hands on Jihyo’s shoulder. Jihyo looks up to make sure Mina is steady, which is a huge mistake. She’s met with the sight of Mina’s exposed midriff, which tightens as she lifts her leg up. Jihyo feels hot and cold at the same time. Mina holds the position for what feels like forever to Jihyo. She can feel Mina’s hands gripping tightly onto her shoulders, and Mina’s muscles tensing and relaxing under her hands as she maintains her balance. Jihyo’s mind goes blank until she hear Mina speak again.
“Can we try it on the grass?” Mina ask as she stands in front of Jihyo, who’s still siting on the box, completely unaware that Mina was no longer standing on her.
She swallows the growing lump in , “I—yeah! okay!”
Mina trails behind her as she hurries to the pitch, lightly slapping her face in hopes that the angry red blush will go away if she does so.

    Everything comes crashing down, including Mina. Jihyo has completely blanked out as Mina stood on her thigh, and suddenly, with a yelp, she’s on the ground with Mina straddling her hips, a dull ache in her back and something shameful bubbling in her stomach. Mina remains expressionless, with her hands holding her up by resting on Jihyo’s stomach.
“Oops,” she whispers. Jihyo swallows painfully as Mina’s fingers curl slightly, dragging against her shirt and her skin. Jihyo’s mouth hangs open and her tongue feels fat in . Unable to speak, she stares at Mina, still holding onto her waist and swears that she can feel Mina’s hands slowly sneaking into her shirt.
“I think that’s good enough for today,” Mina says softly, getting up from her seat on Jihyo.
Jihyo doesn’t have anytime to babble out her agreement before Mina heads towards the locker room with her things in hand. She stays where she is, lying on the grass and presses her hands to her face to muffle a scream. By the time the strength returns to her legs and she makes it into the locker room, Mina is gone and she is alone. She’s not as sweaty as before, but she still feels hot all over so she walks into a stall and lets cold water run over her, not even bothering to take off her clothes. The cold bites her skin but she doesn’t pay mind to it, only leans her head against the wall and hopes this is all just a dream, because it sure as hell feels like one.

    They don’t talk much after that. Jihyo is disappointed, but at the same time she’s relieved because she doesn’t have to worry about reminding herself to breathe. Unfortunately for her, while no words are exchange, physical contact is. A lot of it. Especially in the locker room. The chills that run down her spine when Mina grazes the bare skin of her lower back are a daily occurrence. Sometimes it’s an elbow, an arm, and occasionally fingers drag themselves from one side of her waist to the other. Whatever it is, Mina always manages to play it off like it’s an accident, batting her eyelashes disarmingly when Jihyo whips around reflexively, always with a coy, “oops, sorry Jihyo~” and it drives Jihyo crazy. To make matters worse, Mina moves from her usual spot on the bench next to Momo to the one next to Jihyo, and takes her sweet time changing, constantly stretching unnecessarily (and very noticably), making it impossible for Jihyo to ignore her and the way her toned body flexes. Jihyo knows that Mina knows that she stares. It’s obvious in the smirks Mina directs at her, which only grow bigger when Jihyo looks away hurriedly, cheeks stained with an angry red. Mina knows exactly what she does to Jihyo and Jihyo hates her for that. And yet she still can’t deny herself the desire that churns in her deepest crevices.

    From then on Jihyo makes sure to spend as little time in the locker room as possible. She changes in the toilet stalls instead of in the common area, even though the stalls are ridiculously cramped, and doesn’t bother changing after practice, opting to just go straight home. She notices her squad’s curious looks and Mina’s quiet disappointment, but no one dares to ask except Nayeon.
“What’s up with you these days?” she ask, pulling Jihyo to the side as everyone else heads to the locker room.
Jihyo feigns innocence, “me? I’m fine! What are you talking about?”
Nayeon rolls her eyes, “I’m talking about how you keep separating yourself from us. First you start changing in the toilets, then you just go straight home after practice. What’s up with you? Where’s our—our good ol’ friendly neighbourhood head cheerleader? Did one of them do something to you?”
Jihyo sighs, “yes—I mean no! It’s just—”
Nayeon puts a hand on her shoulder, “hey it’s okay, you can tell me anything, you know?”
Jihyo sighs again, rubbing her face defeatedly, “it’s—you I’m…a lesbian, right?”
“Is that what’s on your mind? Jihyo, you know the whole squad is on your side, we would never—”
“No it’s not that! I mean it’s kind of—” Jihyo huffs, “it’s Mina.”
“Mina?” Nayeon repeats.
Jihyo nods and looks away, ashamed, “I—I have a big fat crush on Mina and she knows it and it won’t go away and I can’t think properly around her and—”
“Hey,” Nayeon interrupts gently, “there’s nothing wrong with a little crush.”
“Yes but,” Jihyo groans in frustration, “it’s not just a crush. It’s a little…more…”
“Like…love?” Nayeon asks.
Jihyo shakes her head, feeling herself blush, “no, the other one.”
Nayeon squints, confused, “the ‘other one’?”
Jihyo nods again.
“Oh! You mean this,” Nayeon says, with a gesture that makes Jihyo go completely red and makes her smack Nayeon’s hands away.
Nayeon laughs, “hey don’t beat yourself up over it! I’m sure everyone our age has wanted to bone at least one person, don’t sweat it! And Myoui is pretty hot, I get it.”
Jihyo nudges Nayeon hard in the ribs, “why’d I bother telling you anything?” she groans. She has to admit that talking to Nayeon is definitely making her feel better. Nayeon also invites her to a party on Saturday, pushing her to go so she can “let go for once in her damn life.”
“It’s at Jaebum’s,” Nayeon says, “I’m pretty sure everyone in every school within a 20km radius was invited.”
Jihyo is skeptical, “that sounds like a terrible idea, and who even is Jaebum?”
“Captain of the football team? Your match made in heaven, if you weren’t gay as hell? Im Jaebum?”
Jihyo shakes her head, “nope.”
Nayeon sighs, “never mind. It doesn’t matter. I’ll come pick you up at six on Saturday, alright?”
Jihyo nods, not quite sure what she's getting herself into.

    It’s just like every high school party. Bass heavy music makes the air throb, secondhand cars are parked all over the lawn, all down the street, stray strobe lights find their way up neighbours’ fences and into their windows, and everyone is drinking even though none of them should be. Jaebum’s house is huge. Jihyo has never seen anything as big, save for the other houses on the street. When Nayeon pushes her in through the side gate, she’s swallowed by a mass of sweaty, moving bodies and she’s never been more uncomfortable. Thankfully, Naeyon guides her through the throng of people and she finds herself safely inside of the house, where things are less chaotic. She takes a moment to get herself together.
“Want a drink?” Nayeon asks, pointing her thumb at the esky by the sliding door they came through.
“I—uh,” Jihyo stammers, “a coke?”
Nayeon rolls her eyes and grabs two cans, a coke for Jihyo and a whiskey and cola for herself. She cracks it open and has a gulp, while Jihyo takes an uncertain sip of her coke.
“Of course you’re not drinking,” Nayeon laughs.
Jihyo huffs, “I’ve got plenty of years left to destroy my liver if I really want to.”
“Sure, Jihyo, whatever.”
It’s not really Jihyo’s thing. She’s never liked big parties, and she’d normally spend her night sticking to Nayeon, which is exactly what she does. Until Nayeon gets distracted by her friends from other schools, and she leaves Jihyo in her spot by the kitchen bench, still nursing the same can of coke from earlier in the night. A boy she’s never seen or heard of in her whole life slides up to her and starts talking, about himself, most likely, but Jihyo isn’t listening. She nods politely, and fakes eye contact by looking at the spot just past his ear, trying to find someone she knows so she can remove herself from this rather undesirable situation. From over his shoulder she spots Mina. Mina looks at her with those dark eyes and Jihyo can’t stand it. Tearing her gaze away, she excuses herself from her tedious company and heads to the farthest bathroom. She splashes her face with icy water, trying to rid herself of the heat and the headache. Her makeup runs, so she washes all of it off. As she’s drying off with a towel she finds in the cabinet under the sink, the door opens and through the mirror she sees Mina standing behind her, staring with those same dark eyes and the scream catches in .
“M-Mina,” she manages to mumble.
Mina steps closer, almost presses her front against Jihyo’s back if not for Jihyo turning around quickly, eyes wide and towel still clutched in her hands like a shield. Mina barely blinks, takes the towel from Jihyo’s weak grip and begins wiping off the spots Jihyo missed. Jihyo stands still in shock, but Mina pays no heed, holding Jihyo’s face gently with one hand and dabbing away moisture with the other.
“…you’re pretty,” Mina’s voice is soft, like the hand that trails from Jihyo’s jaw down to her neck and comes to rest at her collar. She feels like she could choke from just that. She sees Mina’s eyes trail down to her lips as she wipes away a stray drop of water and she finds herself staring at Mina’s lips too. They’re pink and glossy and they look just like candy and Jihyo feels something primal awaken in her, feels a hungry curiosity wanting to know what they taste like. Mina moves forward and presses Jihyo’s back into the bathroom counter. She places the towel on the counter, bringing her hand to fix Jihyo’s hair. Mina’s fingers linger behind her ear as she tucks away a loose strand of hair and Jihyo just can’t control herself anymore. Her hands move on their own accord, pulling Mina’s face closer and she presses their lips together with a fervour she’s never known before. If she was in her right mind, she would notice the smile on Mina’s face as she kisses her back just as passionately. But she doesn’t. She can’t think straight when Mina’s lips taste just as sweet as they look, if not sweeter, when her head is swimming in the cloud of jasmine that surrounds Mina and pulls her further into the haze of the night. At some point Mina takes one of Jihyo’s hands and slides it listlessly up her blouse, letting it rest on her heaving chest as they part to catch their breaths.
“Look what you do, to me,” Mina rasps, looking into Jihyo’s eyes, which are just as dark as her own.
Jihyo brings her other hand to join the one already in Mina’s blouse, watches as Mina’s neck tenses with every slow drag of her fingers along sharp collarbones. As she brings them around to Mina’s back, she hears Mina take a sharp breath, involuntarily pressing harder against Jihyo. A hand slides over the button of her denim shorts and Jihyo lets it be undone, lets Mina dig deeper, uncovering the shape she’s in. Here, in the dimly lit bathroom of a stranger’s home, pressed against the marble counter by the prettiest girl she’s ever seen, Jihyo is a total, complete mess, and it’s everything she’s ever wanted. As Mina pushes deeper, kisses harder, she’s sure that nothing in her life has ever felt this right.