Part One

Let's Break Up!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You know, just break up now! It’s not like you two can handle long distance relationships anyway.” Kang Seulgi huffed out while lazing around her couch that Saturday noon. Her best friend, Seungwan, was standing with crossed arms, totally conflicted.

“Yeah, well break ups are not easy to point out unless your other half cheated on your face!” Seungwan paused for a bit, pouting. “Besides, you know that I am dead serious with Joohyun. I love her.”

“Yeah, and you two are too cool for romance.” Seulgi rolled her eyes before sitting properly this time, gesturing for her best friend to sit down and talk face-to-face, eye-to-eye, or whatever. “Let’s just face it, my dear best friend. Your relationship with Joohyun unnie is not gonna lead anywhere unless you own a private jet that you can use to fly to the other side of the globe. I mean, *insert sigh here* I know you and Joohyun are made for each other. I’m not blind. It’s just, we’re still young. We need to have fun and enjoy things. Being tied down early is not the best choice, Wan… We’re only eighteen, for goodness sake!”

Seungwan breathed out in disappointment, succumbing to the reality of life.

“You’re right… What good will it do if we still keep this—this thing between us? We’ll just end up hurting each other in the end.”

“That’s it, best friend!" Seulgi tapped Seungwan's back and chuckled. "To make you feel better though, no one suited you more than Joohyun unnie! Why not just break up for now, and sometime in the future, when you are both ready, single and free to mingle, just date again? Isn’t that what they do now?”

“What? Is that what Joy promised you after dumping your immature ?”

“Hey, don’t badmouth me right now! Joy wanted me to pursue my dream, which is dancing. Besides, I am still young. What do you expect? A raging sense of maturity? Pfft, not from me, sissy!”

Seungwan smacked Seulgi’s head in annoyance.

“Joy was supposedly younger than you! And don’t call me sissy! I don’t have a sister like you!”

Seulgi dramatically placed her hand on her chest. “Oww, you broke my heart, best friend! Don’t be so mean like that! Do you know how much I love you?!”

“Eww… Go away. I don’t want to deal with any more of your shenanigans.” With scowl on her face, Seungwan stood up and glared at her supposed to be best friend who she is close in disowning. “I’m meeting Joohyun unnie in half an hour. When I come back, you better be ready to embrace my poor soul, got that?”

“Oh please, I would even ready a mountain of tissues for your tears.”

Seungwan rolled her eyes.

“Yeah, yeah, as if you’ll be using that. I’m going now! Don’t set our apartment on fire, you bear!”

When Seungwan closed the door, she knows there’s no turning back. Here goes her two year relationship with Bae Joohyun.

 

Two years and four months, to others it can be considered a long relationship. Well, in this world of pure flirting and one night stands, long relationships are almost impossible to find right? But for Seungwan and Joohyun, their relationship doesn’t feel long at all. In fact, they were both running out of time.

Their relationship has always been considered as goals by the other people. I mean, the two were three years apart and while Bae Joohyun was a sophomore in college and Seungwan is stil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter