Chapter One

Different Roads

June 2018, 6 months before disbandment.

 

Jihoon

“You know,” said his older brother who sat beside Jihoon on the sofa, “now that the disbandment is near, you should really start considering these offers you’ve been collecting.”

Jihoon who was half-sitting half-lying on the sofa while playing game on his mobile phone looked at his brother for a moment and gave a short nod. “I know, hyung. I’ve been thinking about that as well,” He changed his position and continued “It’s just, you know, so many things happen at the same time. And everyone seems to know better about what I have to do for my future than me.”

“Tell me somethings I don’t know,” his brother said with a chuckle. “Even my colleagues at the office seem to know better about this entertainment stuff than I do. And don’t let me start on that guy who kept on texting me about your contract extension.”

Jihoon sighed, “No, don’t start. I don’t want to extend my contract there, period. You know SM has offered their deal, I think that’s one of the better options. Jaehwan hyung is going there anyway so I would not be alone.”

“What, they’re gonna put you two in a new boy group, or you will become part of those NCT groups? Do you want to repeat everything again, jihoon?”

“I don’t, you of all people know I hate to even talk about that. But there is still a chance that they will put me in their actor agency and Jaehwan hyung will be a solo singer i’m sure.”

His brother looked at Jihoon and noticed the doubt not only in his voice but also in his expression. They all knew staying at Maroo now was no longer a preferable option for his little brother. And with all these offers from various agencies, small and big, his little brother sure was having a serious case of dilemma. “You know, with these remaining 6 months you really need to think about this carefully. But don’t let this stress you out, everything’s gonna be fine. I’ll help you however I can.”

Jihoon gave him a small smile, “Thanks hyung, now can i return to my game? I’m here to take my mind off things you know.”

The 20 years old touched his phone’s screen and started the face recognition,

“No wait, one more thing, I remember two weeks ago you talked about this drama offer that you got.”

Jihoon put his phone back on the sofa and tried to humor his brother, “Which drama?”

“The one with Kim Yoojung? You said they offered you a supporting role there. Have you decided?”

Hearing the name Yoojung jihoon’s heart skipped a beat, he silently cursed this stupid reaction he still he got every time someone mentioned that girl.

“Yes,” answered jihoon.

“And?”

“I’m gonna accept the offer.”

His brother tapped his shoulder and said, “Good for you. Your agency can figure out the schedule around that?”

“Yeah I think it’s fine. I talked about it with mom already, I guess she forgot to tell you about it. I won’t appear for the whole drama so I guess it will be alright.” Jihoon stared at their family’s fridge for a few seconds and decided to look for something to eat. “I’m hungry” he said.

“When are you not? Anyway, isn’t it great that you finally get to meet Yoojung again? She’s getting a lot prettier these days.” His brother laughed. Jihoon took a package of strawberries from the fridge and put some on a clean bowl.

“Yeah,” answered Jihoon. He honestly didn’t know how to answer that. Of course Yoojung was prettier now, even 10 years ago she was the prettiest girl Jihoon had ever seen. No one could beat those beautiful round eyes.

‘Okay Park Jihoon, stop.’ Jihoon said to himself.

 

 

Minhyun

“Guys, are you at our dorm?”

Minhyun started the conversation in their group chat. Since he moved to Wanna One, their Nu’est group chat was used mostly for chatting and all the work and schedule talk with their manager team was moved to Nu’est W group chat. With three days off that Wanna one got before their Asia tour, Minhyun wanted to use the opportunities to go back to his Nu’est dorm and meet his friends.

“I’m at studio, composing.” Answered Dongho.

“But I think the others are home, we finished our schedule before at 3pm today.” Dongho put an emoticon showing a person doing celebration.

“Great, I have day offs so I’m going there tonight.”

“Oh? You have day offs? Didn’t you say you wanted to see your family?”

“They’re coming tomorrow evening. I’m gonna wait there.”

“Oh good. I’ll see you then.”

“Oi~ Minhyun!”

Minki showed up at the chatroom.

“We’re at home tonight, Aron hyung is making steak. Come here hurry!”

“Left some for me, I’m going as soon as my manager finished his phone call.”

Minhyun smiled at his phone screen, he could not wait to return to his old spacious room and of course meet his four equally busy best friends.

 

 

Ha Sungwoon

“Sungwoon hyung?”

Sungwoon opened his eyes and saw Woojin suddenly sitting on his right in their dorm’s living room. He took off his earphones and said,

“Oh Woojin, you’re not going anywhere today?” Sungwoon looked for his mobile phone and found it lying on the floor near their coffee table. God, how long had he been sleeping?

“I’m going to meet my family in an hour but I gotta ask you something, oh did I wake you up hyung? I didn’t know you were sleeping”

“No, it’s okay. What is it? Ask away.”

“When was the last time you saw your girlfriend?”

Sungwoon looked at the younger man, started and confused with his abrupt question.

“Girlfriend? You know I broke up with my girlfriend before we started that program.”

“I know, but you still love her right?”

“What is it you want to know Woojin?” Feeling a bit impatient and flustered with the topic, Sungwoon stared at Woojin.

“What did you say when you broke up with her?”

“Hm? Oh I just said that we could not go on because everything would be a lot more complicated once the show started and I did not want her to suffer.”

“And she accepted it right away?”

Sungwoon still stared at Woojin and almost laugh at Woojin’s extremely worried face. He started to realize the direction of this conversation. He had a feeling that his 20 years old friend was asking for love advice from him.

“What is it, Woojin? Are you meeting a girl today as well?” Sungwoon asked while laughing.

“Yeah, No, Yeah… it’s actually my ex-girlfriend, no I mean my girlfriend. We haven’t broken up yet.”

“What?”

 

To be continued