Two Months

The Promise (Ongoing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Two months. It was two months after the last time Jackson and Youngji met. The last time they met was a day after they came back to Korea, after spending their five days in Hongkong for various activities in the launching of FIRST Fashion Winter Collection. And the next morning Jackson had to fly to California to produce their comeback album. He’s gone abroad noon stop since then; California – Hongkong – Japan. The only communication that they had was via skype and cellphone.

Jackson was in the middle of packing his suitcase when suddenly her cellphone buzzed. He looked at the screen and felt like heaven suddenly came to him when “Heo Youngji” appeared on his screen.

“Mush…mush…mush… hellow.” Jackson answered his phone.

“What are you doing?”

“I’m packing right now. Get ready to go back.”

“When is your flight?”

“Tomorrow morning. Why? Do you wanna pick me up at the airport?” Jackson .

“Yeah… yeah… and then it would be number one search on naver.”

Jackson smiled hearing Youngji laughed. He could imagine how Youngji was laughing at the moment. And he couldn’t wait for seeing her laugh live. Not just seeing her laugh, but also hold her hands, watch her bright eyes when she tells story.

Jackson had to give up packing up his suitcase that night, because talking to Youngji was way more important and amusing than everything at the moment. He laid on the couch and put on his earphone. They talked about things that were not really important but somehow they enjoyed it, all the talks about squid, about teokbokki, about regular things. Jackson asked for a video call, but Youngji refused, because she said that she wanted to miss him so much, so then her heart would fluster a lot when they meet. She wanted to feel faster heartbeat when she sees him; she wanted to be fallen in love even more with him. And Jackson couldn’t complain for that.

Just, it doesn’t really work like that for a man, well, at least for him. His heart had already beaten faster, and it had some kind of enjoyable pain inside that he had to endure because he missed her so much but he could not see and touch her. He needed to see her.

“So, are you free tomorrow?” Jackson asked her.

“Not really. I have schedule until the evening.”

“Well, tell me if you’re home, okay?!”

“Why?”

“Why? Are you asking ‘why’?” Jackson half screaming, he could hear Youngji giggled. “Of course I want to come over.”

“Alright, do you want me to prepare something?

“Nah… that’s fine.”

“Okay. I need to hang up, Jackson-ah. I’m kinda sleepy.”

“Ok. Sleep tight, honey.”

“I love you.”

“I love you more!”

Jackson stared at his suitcase. His things were spreading everywhere and he had to force himself to get up and took care of the mess.

The dim light in his room brought a gloomy mood for him. Ed Sheeran’s Perfect lyric swayed him more with his longing to Youngji. He realized nowadays after thinking it thoroughly, he had been in love with her long time ago, when he was younger and kinda stupid; suppressing his feeling inside so it didn’t come out, not just because he was too dense  to realize how important she is but because he works in this industry. But Jackson knew, there’s no point regretting everything that had happened long time ago. Instead he was grateful for that, because now he’s madly in love with this girl.

Jackson put his suitcases aside at the corner of his hotel room, went to the bathroom to wash his face and brushed his teeth when the clock showed 01.30 in the morning. He had like four hours to sleep before getting ready to go back to Korea. He tucked himself in the bed, pulled his blanket over his chest.

He looked blankly at the ceiling. He felt tired but couldn’t really close her eyes. He reached his phone and slid it open; he immediately opened his photo gallery. He checked his photos and always stopped longer when Youngji’s face with her big smile appeared on his screen. He closed his eyes after a while, expecting dreaming about her in his sleep.

.

.

Jackson opened his eyes, tried to focus with his half-closed eyes. He thought he heard knocks. Half asleep, he got up from his bed and walked to the door. He found his manager was standing in front of him after he opened the door.

“Ah… hyung.” He said with hoarse voice, and let his manager came in.

“Why are you still sleeping? Our flight is eleven o’clock.” He checked Jackson suitcases and swept his eyes all over the room, looked like he was looking for something that need to be cleaned up. But Jackson did a very good job in tidying his things.

Jackson sat at the edge of his bed, still dozing off, tried to collect his consciousness before responding to his manager. He rubbed his face several times, scratched his h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter