Final

Youth

Youngjae was about to pack everything up and going home. He has been working for hours in the library on this new History paper that he needs to finish next week. Because of all his responsibilities as the class president, he didn't have much time to actually sit for it. Luckily their weekly meeting was dismissed because of a flu epidemic so lots of the kids were sick. This gave Youngjae at least a few hours to get a headstart. He still needs to study for his English test that is in two days. Youngjae puts his laptop in his back and walks out of the library not forgetting to greet Seohyun who gives him a smile and a nod back. 

 

The halls are empty and Youngjae enjoys in the silent. All students have gone home, clock ticking close to six in the evening. If he hurries he can catch the next bus that arrives within ten minutes. Youngjae fastens his pace and rounds the corner expecting again an empty hallway but there was one boy sitting on the floor in front of the nurse's office. Who has probably already left so it was Youngjae's job (not really, he just likes to help people) to help the poor fellow. When he comes closer and sees who it is he can't help but to let out a whine. The guy is the last person Youngjae wants to see, the notorious bad boy; Jung Daehyun. 

 

"Ah, that hurts!" Youngjae dabs carefully onto the wounds but the antiseptic is still hurting him, it doesn't matter how careful he is. "You brought this on yourself. I've told you a thousand times to stop fighting but you keep on doing it!" It isn't the first time that Youngjae was stuck with the bad boy after school hours, Daehyun was known for fighting and usually winning from some kids at another high school. But he always came back and let him patch up. Youngjae wonders if Daehyun has a death wish. The bruises on his arm are already turning into blue, covering up the old yellow ones. He looks the bad boy in the eyes before cleaning his supplies. The smirk on Daehyun's face is no surprise as if he revels in Youngjae's suffering. "So class president, am I free to go?" Daehyun steps of the bed and stretches, revealing part of his skin which Youngjae secretly peaks at. It's no secret that Daehyun is hot, Youngjae has seen him without a shirt often when the wounds were so severe that he had no other choice but to strip down half. "Yeah, be careful on your way home. I don't want to repeat this tomorrow"  With a confident smirk on his face Daehyun walks towards Youngjae and ruffles his hair. "You're cute when you're angry" With that, the bad boy walks out leaving Youngjae stunned. Cute?!

 

Daehyun might be the bad boy kind of type, looking for trouble, bad grades, fighting and of course girls that are floating around him like he is some god. Although Daehyun is no player, there has never been a girl lucky enough to be his girlfriend, there are rumors that he doesn't prefer girls but no one has confirmed that. 

 

The bad boy has been Youngjae's classmate for quite some while but Daehyun wasn't always like this. The first impression Youngjae got that Daehyun was very quiet and embarrassed for his accent. He even wore a face mask every day, but that may be for his acne back then. Everyone else thought he was mysterious and with that, the bad boy image came up. Not that Youngjae minds because it did make Daehyun a lot more social and the messy bed hair, well let's just say that Youngjae has been drooling all over it in his imagination.

 

Yes, he has a crush on the bad boy. His first crush, so everything was new for him and as everyone can see he has no idea what he should be doing. Youngjae is afraid that Daehyun will find out so he tries to stay away from as much as possible. But with all these fights causing the wounds Youngjae has no choice. As if Daehyun knows that Youngjae always stays late while they never talk or even see each other out their classes. He wonders if the school's nurse has ever treated him.

 

Youngjae stands at the bus stop, having to wait another ten minutes after missing the one he was supposed to be in to. Daehyun was a bit away from the stop, talking to someone on his phone, occasionally catching him looking. When he hangs up the bad boy makes his way towards Youngjae, sitting on the bench behind him, which confuses Youngjae to no end because he has never seen Daehyun taking the bus, usually, he walks the opposite direction unless the boy is stalking him and wants to hurt him. "You going home?" A deep voice starters Youngjae's thoughts and he looks at him with wide eyes before he nods, "You too?" Daehyun shakes his head, "No, my parents aren't home and I don't have a key. Just going to hang around" Youngjae frowns, remembering the possible storm coming up. "You know that there is a chance for a storm right?" He sees the guy grabbing a pack of cigarettes and lights up one of them. Daehyun takes a drag from it before speaking again, "Yeah I know but I don't have anywhere to go" 

 

Youngjae has never been good at making friends, people are often annoyed with him or thinks he is too arrogant. But he didn't hesitate at all when he asks Daehyun if he wants to come over. "I've been treating your wounds for so long but we never really talk" Youngjae swears that the bad boy was a little bit too eager to accept the invitation. 

 

"So, do you want to play some games? Or watch a movie. The storm barely started so you will be stuck here for a while" Youngjae was trying so hard to not let Daehyun be bored that he wasn't realizing that the guy was content with lying on Youngjae's bed. "Watching a movie is fine, but don't you have things to do?" Youngjae does, but having his first crush here in his bedroom makes him forget all his homework and important tests. He ignores Daehyun's question and puts a movie on his tv-screen that is in front of his bed. Youngjae contemplates if he should sit next to Daehyun on his bed but the bad boy beats his to it by making room for him and patting the bed. 

 

Almost two hours later Youngjae hears the rain clatter against his windows together with a strong wind. He worries about sending Daehyun off in this weather, Daehyun already gotten a text saying that he can go home thirty minutes ago. Daehyun looks at Youngjae with a sleepy face, "Do you mind if I stay here?" He shakes his head without thinking, "No of course not, we have a guest room" Daehyun pouts, he freaking pouts, the guy that most of our classmates are afraid off has the cutest face now. "Can't I sleep here? I don't like to sleep alone if it's not my own bed" Youngjae can't help but ruffle his hair, feeling the smooth hair between his fingers. "Fine you big baby, who would have guessed that bad boy Daehyun is afraid" 

 

It was ten in the evening when Youngjae thinks its time for bed. Daehyun thinks otherwise but can't seem to get a good argument against the class president. They were both in their boxers, only Youngjae wearing a shirt; not having such a good body as Daehyun. This did give him time to admire Daehyun more. "Good night Daehyun, if you need anything just wake me up okay?" He sees Daehyun nodding before adding a soft, "Sleep well Jae" 

 

Youngjae thought he had slept for at least a couple of hours when Daehyun wakes him up. But upon checking the clock he sees that it's only been two hours. "Something wrong?" Daehyun comes closer, their breaths almost reaching each other's lips. "You said that I had to wake you when I need something" Youngjae nods, almost half asleep, "What is-" He didn't get to finish his sentence because Daehyun's lips are onto him and his hands holding Youngjae's face. It was just lips on lips, no movement, no tongue action which Youngjae has seen in most movies he watched, it was such an innocent kiss; but still his first one. And he was glad that Daehyun was the one. 

 

"I like you, a lot actually. I don't know how you feel about this but-" Now Daehyun got caught off this by Youngjae's lips that gave him a peck. His cheeks are pink and his smaller hand clutches on his shoulder.

 

"I like you too Daehyun"