end

dog days

kyungwon loves sleeping in on sundays, a fact minkyung knew all too well. she would always try to wake her girlfriend up but it always ends with kyungwon pulling her back to bed and they would cuddle till noon. however, this morning minkyung had plans. 

 

minkyung had heard enough of kyungwon whining about how much she missed kongie. if kyungwon were to choose between her or kongie, minkyung’s pretty sure she’d lose to kongie in a heartbeat. so now she’s in their shared apartment with Pobi in her arms. it’s almost impossible to get kongie up to seoul so she figures her own pet dog would make up for it besides it’s not like kyungwon has never met pobi. the last time they met, the shorter girl had bought the most expensive type of dog food there was for pobi. kyungwon wasn’t even willing to treat her own girlfriend to a nice dinner yet she easily took her wallet out for a dog. 

 

minkyung quietly enters their bedroom and finds kyungwon spread out over their bed, clearly still in dreamland. without a thought, she lets pobi free onto their bed and whips out her phone to capture her girlfriend’s reaction. 

 

kyungwon thinks she must be missing kongie too much to hear dog barks that sound way too real to be a dream. still it’s sunday and she’s not willing to get up already so the barks are ignored. she’s then alerted again when her face is smothered by something wet. minkyung’s a clean kisser so she highly doubts that it’s minkyung trying to make moves on her. she decides it’s probably time to wake up from whatever dream this was. kyungwon groggily opens her two eyes and is directly greeted by a small little bark from a white ball of fur. it then hits kyungwon that the ball of fur is a dog. she had never felt this alive in months.

 

“surprise babe!” 

 

minkyung whisper shouts as she captures kyungwon hugging pobi tight with- wait did she just see tears in kyungwon’s eyes? 

 

“minky baby, i’m really so... i’m just.. i...” 

 

holding pobi in one arm, she stretches out the other motioning for her girlfriend to come closer. minkyung jumps into kyungwon’s embrace and lets kyungwon shower her with kisses as a way to express her gratitude. 

 

“we have only one day with pobi-“ 

 

“why didn’t you say so earlier?! hold him, i need to shower and get dressed! i already know what we’re doing today and it’s going to be funtastic!” 

 

“you didn’t just use the word funtastic.” 

 

“oh yes i did.” 

 

minkyung simply chuckles as kyungwon grabs the first outfit she sees and dashes into the toilet. shaking her head, she places kyungwon’s towel outside the toilet (she had forgotten it in her excitement) and helps to turn on the hot water (kyungwon had forgotten that too). 

 

 

“babe you know pobi can walk right?” 

 

kyungwon had decided that they were going to spend their day at the park because what could be more fun than throwing objects and watching a dog fetch it, right? they were on their way to the park but ever since kyungwon had left their apartment she had not let pobi touch the ground, not even for a second. 

 

“i’m not dumb. it’s just the streets here is always packed and pobi here is too precious to be trampled on. right pobi?” 

 

pobi lets out a small bark as if in agreement and minkyung’s shocked. kyungwon really wasn’t lying when she said she was a dog whisperer. minkyung accepts defeat and watches as her girlfriend continue to baby pobi. 

 

“we’re here at the park! pobi, we’re here!” 

 

kyungwon ecstatically exclaims as she finally lets pobi roam on the grass patch. minkyung honestly feels like she’s looking at another person. kyungwon had NEVER been this cute and affectionate towards her yet all this aegyo talk is flowing abundantly from her lips in front of her pet dog. 

 

“kyungie, you don’t have to tell him, he knows.” 

 

“it’s still polite to let him know!” 

 

kang kyungwon? talking about being polite? just the other day she had honked at an old lady crossing the street because she was “walking slower than the rate eunwoo did math”. 

 

“pobi, do you want to walk around a bit?” 

 

“grr” 

 

“hmm how about taking a small nap?” 

 

“grr grr” 

 

“let’s play fetch?” 

 

“woof woof!” 

 

kyungwon affectionately converses with pobi and all minkyung can do is stare in awe and confusion. she feels someone tug her hands, looking down she sees a little girl.

 

“that dog unnie is really good with dogs!” 

 

“i know right. she perfectly understands them, shows them so much affection, love and care, it’s almost like dogs are her life!” 

 

she unconsciously grits her teeth and spits the words out a little harsher than usual.

 

“are you and dog unnie dating?” 

 

minkyung widens her eyes, amazed at how this random little girl managed to guess their relationship and also at how straightforward she was. 

 

“yes that dog unnie is my girlfriend. how did you know?” 

 

“because you sound jealous and angry!” 

 

“HEY KID, I AM NOT JEALOUS OF A DOG.” 

 

minkyung’s about to demand an explanation from the little girl but before she gets the opportunity, the girl is already running off elsewhere. she turns her attention back to her girlfriend and her supposed “new love rival”. kyungwon throws a little tennis ball for pobi and after every successful fetch, she showers him with kisses. thinking about the last time kyungwon had been affectionate towards her, minkyung’s fists unknowingly clench while her eyebrows draw together, forming a frown. 

 

“minky, why do you look so mad?” 

 

“me? mad? no! i’m alright! yes!” 

 

“okay then. anyway pobi’s a little hungry, let’s go get some dog treats. i know a place around here!” 

 

“let’s go but please let him walk on his own. pobi’s getting fat, he needs exercise.” 

 

“don’t fat shame him!” kyungwon puts her hands over pobi’s ears and minkyung swears she sees kyungwon shooting daggers from her eyes. arms up in defeat, she apologizes as kyungwon led the way.

 

 

minkyung walks into the store with eyes wide open. the store was h u g e. shelves stocked with necessities, cute clothing and loads of different types of treats. there was even a small corner for the dogs to play around while their owners are busy shopping. 

 

“alright pobi, we’re here to get you some food. tell me when you find what you want.” 

 

“kyungie, he can’t understand you.” 

 

“shh not so loud! it’ll hurt his feelings.” 

 

minkyung doesn’t know whether to laugh or cry but it’s adorable that kyungwon treats pobi like her own child, definitely mother material.

 

“woof!” 

 

pobi barks and kyungwon’s rushing off to find him, leaving minkyung trailing behind. kyungwon grabs whatever pobi’s looking at and makes her way to the cashier. 

 

“that will be $50.” 

 

if minkyung had water in , she sure as hell would have spit it at the employee. $50? that’s more than their travel expenses for 2 weeks! she expects kyungwon to coax pobi into getting another one but out comes her card, the card that kyungwon never pulls out for minkyung. 

 

“thank you! pobi, let’s go home.” 

 

kyungwon holds the leash as pobi led the way out, both forgetting the existence of their original owner who was seething with jealousy. the whole walk back to their apartment seemed to just be pobi and kyungwon with minkyung the ghost following. 

 

when they reached their apartment door, minkyung quickly unlocked it, kicked her shoes aside and headed straight for their bedroom hoping her girlfriend would sense her anger and come running after her but spoiler alert, she doesn’t. 

 

instead, she sets up their dvd player and sits pobi in her lap as they start a mini harry potter movie marathon which doesn’t last long as the two gradually fall asleep. minkyung walks out of their room, still very cross, and turns off the tv. as much as she wants to curse kyungwon for totally ignoring her existence and making her feel like a third wheel, her heart immediately softens looking at kyungwon hugging pobi close to her chest. minkyung can only wonder why and how she became whipped for such a dumb human. 

 

 

“bye mrs kim! do let pobi drop by more often!” 

 

“if you marry my dear minkyung, you can keep him.” 

 

“mom! you can’t just give me away that easily.” 

 

kyungwon finds herself smiling at the little banter between mother and daughter. 

 

“i’m just joking, my love. kyungwon, take good care of my daughter alright? i’ll get going now.” 

 

the door closes and the couple crashes onto the couch. kyungwon automatically puts her arms around minkyung’s frame as the taller girl leaned back.

 

“thank you for today, i really had a lot fun.”

 

“although you ignored me for the whole day, i’m glad you were happy.” 

 

“i ignored you?!”

 

minkyung puts on her pouty face and nods. kyungwon thinks about the events of the day and damn, she really was a terrible girlfriend. 

 

“i’m so sorry minky, how can i make it up to you?”

 

“how about a nice dinner by the beach?”

 

“sure, whatever you want.”

 

kyungwon kisses the top of a contented minkyung’s head who’s already dreaming about what she would be wearing to the beach. 

 

 

 

 

bonus:

 

“when i meant a nice dinner by the beach, i definitely was not expecting ramen at a convenience store by the beach.” 

 

the couple sat face to face under a parasol. two bowls of piping hot instant ramen made by kyungwon on the table. again, minkyung regretted expecting anything out of her girlfriend. 

 

“well, you love my ramen right? isn’t this nice? the two of us, in this deserted convenience store with a full view of the beach. look we can even see the sunset!” 

 

minkyung steps on kyungwon’s feet and hears a yelp from the short haired girl. 

 

“you’re lucky that you’re cute.”

 

 

 

 


A/N: i'm kind of going to write a multi-chaptered 2kyung fic so look out for that :) thanks for reading! i'm sorry for wasting your time lol