Secret Place One Shot

Secret Place

You exhaled deeply. You can feel you muscles relaxing and your teeth slowly unclenching. You were sure that the last several weeks would have broken your mental stability, but you maintained your calm even in the midst of the anarchic state of your schedule. You dropped your head into your hands and began to contemplate your plan for getting through the next couple of weeks.

Final exam period had begun and you were struggling to keep up with your schoolwork, extracurriculars, make time to meet with Namjoon and keep suspicion low about your relationship. Everyone fantasizes about dating an idol, but it may never have occurred to them how painful and emotional it is. You can't share any photos of you two on social media, you must only entrust your secret to those who are closest to you and you must stay out of the spotlight to avoid causing the potential collapse of Namjoon's reputation. Despite all of that, you two have managed to find little pockets of time filled with such happiness and love that it makes the anxiety evaporate like snow on a spring day. You don't care about the risk and you know Namjoon doesn't care about what others think. In this world of ambiguity and indiscernible purpose, it is valuable to hold onto to something precious. It's all worth it to be able to go to your secret place and to have Namjoon wrap his arms around you tight and hold you. To feel like all time has stopped around you and everything is right in the world for just a few minutes.

The open window let in a calming breeze that gently blew your sweater and some of your hair. Just as you were about to continue studying, you felt the heavy vibration of your phone on your desk. It was Namjoon. You knew that you needed to get some studying done, but you couldn't resist picking up the phone.

"Namjoon doesn't usually call" you thought to yourself. "So it must be important." Excited that you found a valid distraction to postpone your studies you answered the phone:

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Hey baby, how you feeling? I just wanted to check on you." Namjoon said smoothly and calmly in a deep voice that seemed to suggest he was sleepy.

"You're so sweet, oppa! I'm doing well, but I can't help but feel overwhelmed by all my school work. But who am I to complain, right?"

"No, you have every right to complain. Being a high achieving student is hard, but I'm right here cheering for you."

"Same here, oppa!"

"Hey, are you free this evening?"

You paused for a moment to collect your thoughts and decide whether or not you had to study tonight. Aw, what the hell! You love Namjoon to pieces and would rather stay up studying into the wee hours of the night than reject an opportunity to see him again.

"I am! Would you like to meet at our 'place'?"

"Yeah, I'll meet you there at 8."

"Can't wait!"

"Me too, baby." Namjoon replied in that rich deep voice that sounds smoother than molasses.

You hung up the phone giddy with excitement! You finished a huge portion of your studying in the afternoon then rushed to get ready for your impromptu date with Namjoon. You threw on a cute black dress and threw your hair up in a ponytail. Since your meeting place was so close, you decided to take the back alleys on foot. When you arrived, you saw the sign for Aunt Kim's Tea shop on a cute shiplap sign hanging over the back entry way. You knocked exactly six times. An elderly lady cracked the door open revealing only the side of her face.

"Y/N? Is that you?" she asked shakily.

"Yes, Ms. Kim. It's me! I'm meeting Namjoon here in 5 minutes."

Ms. Kim swung the door open with just enough room for you to squeeze inside and cracked a large smile.

"No need for that, dear! He's already here!" she grabbed you by your waist and ushered you inside forcefully. "Come now, come now. No dilly dallying! You could be caught!"

You walked inside to the back of the tea shop where beautiful flowers hung from the ceiling and pictures of far off locations hung on the walls. The wafting smell of floral tea overwhelmed your senses. As you turned the corner, Namjoon sat at a wooden table in a secluded corner checking his phone. He turned around abruptly upon hearing you come in and rushed to give you a hug. He wrapped his arms around your waist and held on tightly as you wrapped your arms around his neck. Because of his height, you had to stand on the tips of your toes to reach him. He pulled you closer and you basked in the warmth of his embrace for a moment and closed your eyes.

"Ah.." he gently exclaimed. "I missed you."

None of the stress in the world could take you away from this moment. And for that moment, everything was right. Then he gently kissed your lips. As you pulled away gently, you uttered "I missed you too..."