Bora Bora Day 1:The Moon

Pearl Aqua Memories

The four men stand side by side with pleasantly shocked facial expressions as they look out to see the crystal aquamarine water shimmering under the bright blue sky in Bora Bora. 

 

"This is the Four Seasons hut hotel?.." Taemin looks to his right to ask Kibum who nods his head with a bright smile and sparkling eyes. 

 

"Someone pinch me I need to know if this is all a dream or not." Minho suddenly says while keeping his gaze on the beautiful view.

 

"OW WHA- KIBUM! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" 

 

"What? you said you wanted someone to pinch you, so I did."

 

Kibum says innocently before apologizing to the other 91' liner by rubbing Minho's left arm soothingly. 

 

Each of them settle into their two huts, one for Jinki and Kibum then the other next door hut is for Minho and Taemin.

 

They all finish unpacking then take showers before changing into swimming trunks and comfortable t-shirts. 

 

"It's still the morning so what do you want to do?" Kibum asks as he rubs sunscreen onto Jinki's . 

 

Jinki closes his eyes as he relaxes under Kibum big but soft hands moving across his shoulders and back. 

 

"Hmm... honestly I could just lie down on our couch together with the balcony doors open as we scratch each other's backs and I would be happy."

 

Kibum smiles fondly when hearing one of their favorite ways to relax and spend time together be spoken about in their new home for the next few days.

 

The rapper finishes putting sunscreen on their leader's back as he puts on his own t-shirt before shutting the lid of the sunscreen to set it upright on the left nightstand. 

 

Kibum smiles sweetly as he moves closer behind Jinki to gently scratch in circles on his still . 

 

Jinki turns toward the younger to wrap him in a warm embrace as he reaches underneath to scratch his own which doesn't even make him flinch but instead he just blissfully sighs then returns the favor.

 

*In Minho & Taemin's hut* 

"MINHO LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!" , SHINee's maknae shouts as the rapper watches with concern until he sees Taemin dive perfectly into the water from the outside part of the balcony followed by the feeling of the warm ocean spray a cooling mist all over his body and navy blue swim trunks. 

 

"OH MY GOSH THAT WAS SO MUCH FUN!" ,Taemin shouts with excitement before climbing up the latter next to the deck of their hut. 

 

Minho flashes his proud older brother smile before high fiving the youngest member to say, "I knew you could do it Tae." 

 

"Thanks Min.", Taemin says then smiles as he runs a hand through his own wet seawater scented black hair. 

 

"For what?" , Minho asks with a hint of confusion while eyeing his sopping wet younger brother. 

 

"I don't know.. just for always being here for SHINee, for Jonghyun, especially for me." 

 

Minho is suddenly taken aback by the unexpected sentimental words before bringing him in for a loving hug and back rub that is quickly returned in a matter of seconds. 

 

The two idols head back inside their hut to relax and enjoy the view together for a little bit. 

 

*In Jinki & Kibum's hut later in the evening*

 

Jinki's short nails dance across Kibum's back underneath his navy blue satin pajama top as his longer nails gently scrape underneath his cotton pastel yellow pajama shirt. 

 

"Told you this was the better choice." Jinki whispered in Kibum's ear as they lie down on their living room couch with the pacific ocean's waves dancing under the bright moonlight. 

 

Kibum snuggles closer and kisses his older brother's nose before asking in a soft voice,"Jinki?"

 

"Yes Kibummie?" 

 

"D-do you think Jonghyun is watching us from the sky right now?"

 

Jinki sits up enough to say, "follow me to our bed i'm getting cold." 

 

Kibum patiently waits for an answer when Jinki lies with underneath the covers and blanket while resuming the soothing back scratch to Kibum who continues as well. 

 

"I do believe Jjong is now protecting us from the clouds." 

 

Kibum snuggles closer to his older brother as they both watch the waves crash calmly colliding until they spot an unusual pearl aqua green tint coming from the moon as it illuminates the already glittering water. 

 

They both look at the other as tears fill up their eyes as they hug for a few seconds until they hear a knock followed by Minho and Taemin's voices to let them inside. 

 

 

Jinki kisses the bridge of Kibum's nose softly before opening up the door to both maknaes who have unshed tears stuck in their eyes but smiles as bright as ever. 

 

Minho gently caresses Kibum's left arm to silently ask him to move to the middle where Jinki holds him close and continues the soothing back scratch to their crying brother who returns the comforting gesture. 

 

Minho gently rubs Taemin's left arm as Taemin sniffles softly and scratches Kibum's long and soft lavendar scented brunette hair. 

 

Jinki speaks up to break the silence to ask, "You see the moon's color too?" 

 

Both maknaes nod carefully while continuing to comfort Kibum under the comfortable white linen covers and cozy aquamarine blanket. 

 

"Kibum..baby.. are you okay?" Minho asks in a comforting tone. 

 

He sniffles before wriggling out of Jinki's embrace to sit up and stare at the beautiful night sky. 

 

"I m-miss him.." 

 

Kibum manages to whisper before crying into his hands as Taemin feels the tears dropping down his cheeks as he wraps his arms around his older brother's waist for comfort on both their parts. 

 

Then Minho sits up to embrace them both as he begins to feel the tears fall. 

 

Seeing his younger brothers in an emotional cuddle puddle, Jinki gently embraces s and calmly says with tears moving down his cheeks , "Someone once told me that when you truly love someone, they are never gone. " 

 

He kisses each member on the cheek before hugging again to say, "Jonghyun will always be with us and with SHINee World."

"He is here with us on vacation because he will always be a part of our hearts." 

 

"The memories we created as five will never fade away. I love you Kibummie, Minnie and Tae." 

 

Finally the three let go of the hug when they see the Pearl aqua green light fading away as the moon returns with it's original white color. 

 

"You all are my strength I love you", Kibum says through his sobs which begins another group hug with all of them facing each other with sparkly eyed smiles before they all get under the soft covers and blanket and snuggle close as the sniffles fade, tears dry, the head and back scratches come to a sleepy stop as they all get some sleep for the next days of their Bora Bora family vacation. 

 

 

 

A/N: I hope you all enjoyed this  <3 I can't wait for more chapters of this and to get back into SHINee fanfic writing as a whole. *hugs shawols across the world* *hugs SHINee* *blow air kisses to the sky and the moon*