Tell him cause you're the lucky one

Tell him cause you're the lucky one (One Shot)

Choi Jinri but popularly called as Sulli is the Chungdam High's nobody. Nobody really did care of who she was, well, except of course from her best-est friends Luna and Krystal.

 

Right now, Sulli under an old shady oak tree, reading her favorite novel "The Lucky One" by Nicholas Sparks while listening to the song "Tell him" by Celine Dion.

 

"She's indeed lucky.." Sulli commented while reading novel.

 

Sulli has always envied the lead actress of the novel. Just how Sulli commented about her, she's indeed lucky. While her? She doesn't even know if the guys she likes, likes her back. If Lee Taemin, Chungdam High's kingka, likes her back.

 

Speaking of the angel, there he was. Lee Taemin. The man that makes Sulli's heart thump and beat faster than it usually do. The man that makes Sulli feel an electric volt flow right through her veins when he touches or smiles at her. The man that makes Sulli suffer.

 

Taemin went nearer Sulli with a smile on his face. "Hey Ssul.."

 

Sulli looked at him and noticed his smile. "What's up?"

 

"Nothing.." He sheepishly smiled.

 

"You're weird, Lee Taemin." Sulli commented and looked back on her book. "I sometimes wonder why I fell for you." She muttered.

 

"What did you say?" He asked.

 

"Nothing.." Its a good thing Sulli is a pretty good liar or else, he'll caught her lying.

 

Taemin just nodded. "Hey, Ssul."

 

"What?' Sulli asked annoyed. "Can you please stop calling me by my nickname? I don't want to hope that you'll also like me..." Sulli sadly thought.

 

"Can you help me?" Taemin asked, using his puppy eyes and pout.

 

"Stop it! That's y weakness!" Sulli bit her lips as she hesitated. She sighed. She can't win against Taemin's aegyos. "Fine. Is it Math homework again?"

 

Taemin shook his head. "No. Not Math homework. I.. I'm.. I'm.."

 

"What? Just tell it already!" Sulli told him.

 

"I'm gonna confess to the girl I like." Taemin stated.

 

Sulli's eyes became as wide as the Pacific ocean. Her heart shattered into zillion pieces. "W-w-what?"

 

"C-c-congrats t-t-to the lucky girl. Who's s-she?" Sulli stuttered.

 

"Wait. Why are you stuttering?" Taemin curiously asked.

 

"You know me. When the talk is about love. I'm always like this." Sulli lied. Sulli had a bad childhood and love has a connection with it.

 

Sulli never knew that she could thank that bad childhood because she can't tell Taemin that she's stuttering because she's jealous of that girl.

 

"Oh yeah." Taemin said, finally remembering Sulli's childhood story. "So, will you help me?"

 

"Uhm sure, but at least. Give me a clue who the girl is!" Sulli pleaded even though she knew she'll just be hurt.

 

"Her name starts with 'S'. " Taemin hinted. "I'll meet you at lunch for the preparation, okay? Bye!" Taemin sprinted away.

 

Sulli sighed. "Jinri, why in the world would you think that you're the girl Taemin is referring? You're name is Jinri. And your name starts with 'J' not 'S'." Sulli stared at her book in disappointment and sadness. "It must be Suzy."


 

FLASHBACKS:

 

Sulli and Taemin were walking down the hallway, on their way to their Math Class. Suddenly, Taemin stopped walking and hid behind Sulli.

 

"Yah, what's wrong? Is your bully here again?" Sulli asked and laughed at the last part of her question.

 

Taemin shook his head. He glanced forward and his cheeks were burning red.

 

"Then what?" Sulli curiously asked. She looked at the direction Taemin was looking and found Chungdam High's most beautiful girl (as what the student body said). A slight jealousy and curiosity was visible on Sulli's eyes. She looked back at Taemin who was burning red already.

 

"Why are you staring at Bae Suzy like a complete and total idiot? Want me to call your brother and tell him you have a mental disease?" Sulli asked.

 

"Why would you call Donghae hyung?" Taemin asked her, his attention was drawn to Sulli and not to Suzy anymore.

 

"Because you have a mental disease and it’s getting worse second by second?" Sulli replied, noticing Taemin staring at Suzy AGAIN.

 

Taemin shrugged her teasing. "Yah! I don't have a mental disease? What makes you say that?" He asked, not even looking at Sulli.

 

"Because of what you acting right now. And you won’t even look at me when you’re talking to me.” Sulli explained as she pouted at the last part.

 

“As if you can tell Donghae hyung..” Taemin said in a way that sounds like challenging Sulli.

“Oh, I can. Did you forget that Donghae oppa and my brother are best friends? Did you forget that Donghae oppa’s girlfriend is Yoona unnie who is my cousin? I can get your brother’s number from those people.” Sulli explained her connections.

 

Taemin groaned, defeated. “Arasso! You win! What do you want then?” He asked.

 

“Now, can you tell me why are you staring at Suzy like a total idiot?” Sulli asked.

 

Taemin dragged Sulli’s head lower and put his index finger on his lips. “Jinri-ah, promise me you’ll keep this as our secret. Okay?” Taemin told her. Sulli nodded her head as she lends her ears to listen to his ‘secret’.

 

“I-I-I h-have a-a-a” Taemin stuttered.

 

“Just say it already Lee Taemin!” Sulli hissed.

 

“I HAVE A CRUSH ON SUZY! I LIKE HER!” He finally admitted to Sulli.

 

Sulli felt like her world stop and everything around her collapsed. Her heart was broken into zillion pieces and can’t be put back into pieces again. She felt her tears falling from her eyes but she successfully stopped it. Sulli tried her best to put on a smile, even a fake smile, so she won’t disappoint Taemin.

 

“R-really?” Sulli pretended as if she’s excited about what she heard. Taemin nodded his head childishly. “Let’s just hope that Suzy wouldn’t would like you back.” Sully faked a smile.

 

END OF FLASHBACKS

 

Sulli sighed and tried her best to smile, even though it’s not one of her best smiles. “I’m not definitely the girl Taemin is talking about. He already told me he likes Suzy.” She told herself.

 

“Stop dreaming Choi Jinri. You think Taemin will like you? Of course not! Your name starts with ‘J’ and not ‘S’, alright?” She scolded herself.

 

“Suzy is indeed a lucky girl. In my story, she’s the lucky one.” Sulli commented as she stood up from her sitting position and walked to her classroom. 


 



Lunch break, Chungdam High Cafeteria

 

Sulli was already sitting at a table in the cafeteria, waiting for her best friends Luna and Krystal to come. She was also waiting for the person she least want to see today, Taemin, since she agreed to help him in his confession for the girl he likes.

 

Sulli saw two figures approaching her. One short and blonde girl and one taller with long and black wavy hair. “Hey Ssul!”, Luna called out.

 

“Hey unnie!” Sulli greeted back. “Hi Krys!”

 

Krystal waved her hand and sat on the seat. “Hey..”

 

“I saw Lee talked to you earlier..” Krystal told Sulli.

 

“Lee who? Lee Jinki?” Sulli asked confused.

 

“You know Ssul, you and Taemin look good together.” Luna commented. “Just because we use the surname, you’re already confused of who he is. Of course, it’s your prince charming, Lee TAEMIN” Luna emphasized.

 

“And so, what’s wrong if he talked to me?” Sulli asked.

 

“Of course! You need to tell us what he said.” Krystal said as if they’re going to die if Sulli didn’t tell them.

 

“Why do I have to?”

 

“Because we’re you’re best friends..” Luna reasoned.

 

“And because if Minho oppa is going to tell me something, you already know. We have to be fair, Ssul..” Krystal said.

 

“Duh, I’m his sister! I can ask him anything anytime.” Sulli pointed out.

 

“And because we’re best friends..” Krystal reasoned.

 

“You just copied what I said.” Luna told Krystal.

 

Krystal just rolled her eyes on Luna. “I don’t care.” She told the blonde. Krystal looked back to Sulli. “Well?”

 

“Arasso.” Sulli gave in. “He wants me to..”

 

As if on cue, Taemin came interrupting the girls’ conversation. “You ready to help me prepare, Jinri?” He asked.

 

“Prepare for what?” Luna and Krystal asked.

 

“I’m going to confess to the girl I like.” Taemin replied proudly.

 

“Ouch..” Krystal said, pertaining to Sulli. She saw Sulli glaring at her and she looked at Sulli’s eyes as if Sulli was talking to her through the eyes saying, ‘Don’t make it obvious Jung Soojung’.

 

“Luna unnie pinched me.” Krystal added. “Right unnie?”

 

“That’s right!” Luna played along. “We got our answers now so we’ll just leave you two alone… to talk about… that.” Luna said, dragging Krystal away with her.

 

Taemin and Sulli watched them walk away as they were silently laughing at Krystal’s ‘pinching act’.

 

“So, how can I help?” Sulli asked.

 

“Since, you’re a girl. I need your opinion.” Taemin started. “What do you think will be a perfect place to confess?”

 

“I don’t know? We girls have different taste and likes. And obviously, me and Su… I mean the ‘S’ girl have different tastes.” Sulli told Taemin. “Maybe you should ask the other girls who you think has the same taste as your girl.” She suggested.

 

“I’m not that close to girls, you know that Sulli.” Taemin refused to her suggestion. “Just according to your perspective.”

 

“IF you were the girl.” Taemin emphasized the word ‘if’ which hurt Sulli A LOT.

 

“If I were the girl, I would love a guy to confess to me in a beach or a riverbank where we could watch the sunset while eating my favorite dessert.” Sulli told him while she was dreaming of the beach and the riverbank.

 

Taemin chuckled at Sulli’s dreaming action. “Really?”

 

“How would you like a boy to confess to you?” He added.

 

“Hmm.” Sulli thought deeply. “Maybe it’s up to him. Anything would be fine for me.”

 

“Give me examples! PUWEASE!!” Taemin begged, using his aegyos again.

 

Sulli bit her lower lip. Taemin sure knows her weakness. “Maybe. He confess to me by what he’s best at. If he’s good at making chocolates, he could give me chocolates. If he’s good in singing, he could sing to me. Like that!” Sulli explained.

 

“Thank you so much, Sulli!” he hugged Sulli tightly. Sulli’s heart started pounding loudly and her face was as red as a ripe tomato.

 

“You’re welcome.” Sulli replied. “Is that it?”

 

“Uhm, can you come by the riverbanks after school? Bring your video camera with you so you can videotape the confession.” Taemin told her.

 

“What the heck? Taemin, where in the school will I get my video camera? It’s at home!” Sulli told him.

 

“Hello? You always bring it with you..” Taemin said.

 

“Oh yeah…” Sulli said, remembering her video camera in her locker. “Why do you want to videotape it anyways?”

 

“So, we could watch it anytime if we’re together. A wonderful memory for us to cherish and remember.” Taemin replied. “Okay, I’ll see you in the riverbanks…” Taemin said.

 

“Wait. Do I really need to come along?” Sulli asked once more.

 

“Yup!” Taemin nodded his head. “I’ll see you later!!” Taemin ran off.

 

Sulli sighed while watching Taemin disappear from her sight. “Taemin oppa, why are you making it so hard to move on?” She asked.


 



After school, Chungdam High

 

Sulli’s last class, Geography was over. How she wished the class would never end, even just for today. Sulli approached her locker and entered the combination. She opened her locker and got her video camera as what Taemin asked her to. She closed her locker and she glanced at her camera. Today was definitely the WORST day ever, worse compared to her childhood.

 

Sulli was looking for Taemin so she could just go with him to the riverbanks. Instead, she saw the oh-so-beautiful Bae Suzy.

 

“Hi Suzy-ssi.” Sulli greeted.

 

“Uhm. Hi there!” Suzy greeted back, even though she’s totally clueless why Sulli was greeting her when she never greeted her before.

 

“I would like to congratulate you.” Sulli told her and left. She can only congratulate her and that’s it. Or else, she’ll ruin the ‘surprise’.

 

“What’s she congratulating to me about?” Suzy curiously asked herself. “She’s weird…” She watched Sulli walk with her head bowed down. Suzy just ignored the thought and continued what she was doing.

 

Sulli wiped the tear the fell down her eye. After she wiped it, she tried her best to smile and continued walking. Suddenly, a pair of hands tapped Sulli’s shoulder. She looked over to who were the owner of the hands and Sulli grinned at them.

 

“Omo! Why are you crying, Sulli-yah?” Luna asked patting Sulli’s back while hugging her.

 

“Let me guess. It’s Taemin, right?” Krystal guessed.

 

Sulli slowly nodded her head. “Taemin wants ME to videotape his confession. Why is he making it hard for me to move on?”

 

“You know what’s the best solution to your problem, Ssul?” Luna asked Sulli.

 

Sulli shook her head and looked at her best friends. “Tell him.” Krystal told Sulli.

 

“Tell him what you feel before your sufferings gets worse.” Luna said.

 

“Just try, Sulli. It wouldn’t hurt if you try, right? And plus, you’re favorite song is ‘Tell him’ by Celine Dion yet you don’t learn from that song!” Krystal said.

 

“Yeah!” Luna agreed. “Tell him, Ssul…”

 

Sulli smiled at her best friends. They’re the best best friends she could ever have. “Thank you guys..” Sulli said and hugged both Luna and Krystal.

 

“I’ll see you, guys!” Sulli said and ran off.

 

Sulli quickly ran to the nearest riverbanks. It took Sulli about 10 minutes to reach her destination. She stopped for a while when she was already in front the riverbanks. Then, she heard the song “Stand by me” by SHINee playing. When Sulli was alright, she walked more steps until she saw the decorations near the river. Sulli quickly looked for Taemin and when she found him, she immediately ran to him.

 

“Taemin oppa!” Sulli called out. Taemin looked at her direction and smiled at her.

 

“Hey, Ssul… I—“ Taemin wasn’t able to finish what he was going to say when Sulli interjected.

 

“Listen to me first, oppa…” Sulli told Taemin. ‘Tell him, Sulli.” She told herself in her mind.

 

“You know that we’ve been through a lot… as friends. And unnoticeably, during those times, I was starting to see you as a different friend. Not bad friend. All those times you cared at me, I thought I was special. Every time you smile at me, I feel like I’m in cloud nine. And every time you’re mad at me and when you told me you like… Suzy, I feel like I was being ripped into pieces. All I want to say is that… I love you, oppa!” Sulli confessed.

 

Sulli looked at Taemin’s reaction, and he laughed. Sulli covered her face with her hands in embarrassment. “I knew it! I knew it! You are hopeless, Choi Jinri. Everybody will laugh at you now!” She scolded herself in her mind.

 

“I shouldn’t have listened to Luna unnie and Krystal.” Sulli murmured.

 

“What?” Taemin asked, asking her to repeat what she said.

 

“I said, why are you laughing?” Sulli told him while pouting.

 

Taemin looked at her. “You know Jinri. I hate you…”

 

That’s it! Sulli’s whole universe collapsed. It’s like Taemin was stepping and breaking her into pieces. Tears started racing down her cheeks.

 

“You’re always ahead of me…” Taemin continued as he wiped the tears on Sulli’s face.

 

Sulli looked at him confused. “What do you mean?”

 

“I WAS going to confess to you here but you confessed first…” Taemin emphasized.

 

“I wasted all this efforts for nothing.” He said.

 

Sulli then smiled, this time, genuinely. “Really? Then, I’m sorry…” She apologized but still smiling and laughing.

 

“I thought you were going to confess to Suzy that’s why I told you my feelings…” Sulli explained. “Wait, does that mean you love me back?”

 

“Yup!” Taemin replied, ruffling her hair as Sulli giggled. “What made you think I was going to confess to Suzy? I already told you a clue.”

 

“You once told me that you like Suzy and her name starts with ‘S’. My name starts with ‘J’.” Sulli reasoned.

 

“Oh that! I was making a bet with your brother that I could make Suzy believe that I like her. I didn’t know you fell for that.” Taemin said, chuckling. “And your name is Julli??”

 

“Aish. I was thinking about my REAL name, ‘Jinri’.” Sulli emphasized. “I never thought you were pertaining to the name ‘Sulli’.”

 

“Aigoo…” Taemin chuckled as he leaned to Sulli, trying to kiss her forehead.

 

“Oh no. You have to ask me to be your girl.” Sulli said, stopping Taemin.

 

“Fine. Choi Jinri or Choi Sulli, can you please be my girl?” Taemin asked, kneeling on his one knee.

 

But Sulli shook her head. “Na uh uh!”

 

Suddenly, an idea popped into Taemin’s mind. “Really?”

 

“Really.” Sulli nodded her head.

 

Taemin pouted and press the play button of the cassette. Then the music “Stand by Me” by SHINee played. Taemin sang along while serenading Sulli. Then, “Hello” of the same singer played right after “Stand by Me” was finished. And this time, Taemin was dancing.

 

Sulli giggled while watching Taemin sing and dance. Once Taemin was finished, he kneeled once more and asked Sulli. “Choi Jinri or Choi Sulli, can you please be my girl?”

 

Sulli smiled. She leaned forward and kissed Taemin. “Yes.” She replied, giving him her very own ‘million-dollar’ smile.

 

Taemin’s face glowed and hugged his girlfriend. “Saranghaeyo, Sulli-ah”

 

“Saranghaeyo, oppa.” Sulli replied. “Now, I’m the lucky one.” She happily thought.


 


Hi there! This is my fairst time writing a story with any Shinee Effects pairing as the main pairing. I usually write about Super Generation. I really need your opinion right now. Comments and subscription are very much appreciated.