Why Don't You Know

Connected By Something Called Xenoglossy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Took me a while to write/type this one out as you can see. Pardon mistakes as usual >~<)

 

 

Back To "School"

 

Ah, August, the month this year where a good handful of people didn't have many things going on, such as myself. Just a few short photoshoots here and there, but no crazy schedules or anything. Yay!

 

I was woken up by my phone buzzing on my nightstand to the left of my bed. Picking it up, I saw that it was the alarm set for 7:30 A.M, as much as I love sleeping in like the next person, I knew I had personal plans set for today. Though I already knew today wouldn't be too hard of a day on me. Hopefully. I can only hope, haha.

 

Rolling back onto my back, I stretch my arms and legs to their full lengths, letting out a groan and breath as I did so. I was never the type to get out of bed that quickly... unless it was urgent for me to get out. Today was a middle ground day for that. 

Finally urging myself to get out of bed after about ten minutes of just faffing about staring up at the ceiling letting, random thoughts pass through my brain. Sitting myself up, I move my blanket so it's all just on the left side of my bed and fix my pillows so they aren't crooked anymore. Slipping into my slippers, I head out of my room and make my way towards the bathroom down the hall that was closest to my room. I hear the water faucet running and the door was opened halfway, so I took a look into the room to see if someone just forgot to turn the tap off. In reality, it was just little Evelyn brushing her teeth.

 

"Morning, kiddo," I say to her as I ruffle her hair.

 

"Good morning, oppa!" She replies, turning to give me a hug, looking up at me with her toothbrush in , her eyes becoming crescents.

 

"Is everyone else awake?" I asking as I put some toothpaste on my own toothbrush.

I just see her nod her head 'yes'

"I guess we're the last two then, huh?" I say.

 

"Yep! Let's hurry so we can eat with everybody~" She as right before rinsing .

 

In a short amount of time, Evelyn finished and left ahead of me, I myself had to shave the bit of scruff that I allowed to grow, from laziness the past few days.

Didn't knick my face with my shaving razor this time! Nice.

In a few moments, I finished up my morning routine and made my way to the table where the rest of the Douma family were eating and enjoying their breakfast.

 

"Morning everybody~" I call to them as I made my way into the kitchen.

 

They all greeted me back, almost simultaneously, well, Somi was a bit more excited than the rest of them. 

 

"Sorry there wasn't enough for you, I thought you'd sleep in. I would have made more, knowing you'd be awake so soon," Somi's mother tells me.

 

"It's all fine really, I enjoy cooking my own meals, so I'm not too troubled by it," I tell her, as I start chopping a few veggies for my planned omelette.

 

Nothing says a solid breakfast to me like a veggie-filled omelette with some toast, a few small cubes of cheese and a banana to fuel and kickstart my morning needs.

 

"So, what's in the planner that's got you awake today, Derek?" Somi's dad asks.

 

"Nothing too crazy, just a personal class I need to get to in the early afternoon. Then probably catch up with some friends if any of them are free," I tell them as I place my mug back on the table.

 

"What kind of class are you taking oppa?" Somi asks.

 

"Nothing crazy, just some English lessons to help me get back to my bearings and speaking English again," I reply, before taking the last piece of my omelette into my mouth.

 

The rest of the time was just some more small talk until we all finished eating and Somi's dad and I took care of the dirty dishes.

 

Late Slip

 

I had quickly found myself passing by the front doors of the building my teacher was waiting at.

 

'M&H Entertainment', I thought to myself as I took the key out of my motorcycle's ignition.

 

Knowing that I was a few minutes late, I quickly made my way to my classroom while greeting the staff members as I passed by them. 

 

"Sorry I'm late," I announce as I enter the room.

 

 

"Don't worry, it gave me more time to eat my lunch and get more organized'.

 

Yes, THE Kim Chungha is my English teacher. Well, my second English teacher, first being Wendy. Now, how did she become my English teacher? A real short story actually, I just asked her if she were ever free if she could help me learn English again since Wendy got busy again with her group and whatnot. She said yes said and here we are a few lessons later.

 

"Thanks for taking time to teach me," I tell her, as I take a seat across the table from her.

 

"It's no problem, it's also fun for me, learning to teach someone actually," She says as she places a few familiar workbooks and textbooks between us.

 

"We can get food and bubble tea later, on me, noona," I tell her as I open up my books and start my study session.

 

"Are you sure? That's fine with you?" She asks as she flips through a textbook rereading the notes she left for herself on what to teach me.

 

"Yeah! We can get some fresh air while we're out, plus I know where we can get some bombing food!

 

(Just a little note, from here on out indented words  means Korean speech and  plain text is English speech until I say it goes back to the usual)

 

"Alright, let's get back to the lesson, shall we?" I see her get back into the textbook she was just holding.

 

"Okay, Ms. Chungha. So, break at around 2-2:30?" I ask her as I fill in the blanks to the questions I was answering.

 

"Sure! Your accent and speech are better than the last time I saw you,"  She compliments, hearing my English speech.

 

"I've been told that lately, Wendy noona has been helping also."

 

"That's awesome to hear. Wait, can't Somi and her family help t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter