001

Good Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seulgi was a good girl. Better than most.

 

She ate sweets but only on occasions. She allowed her mother to brush her hair each morning, and if they were both in a pleasant mood, she would even allow her mother to tie ribbons into her braids.

 

Seulgi was the type of girl who never complained when her parents were not able to afford and buy her the 'in' clothes.

 

Seulgi was kind (well, she is a good kid isn't she?). She greeted everyone she met and always shared her toys with the other kids. She was also humble and helped anyone she could. 

 

Seulgi was the type of girl who never looked twice at a pretty face in the crowd. To her, there were boys and there were girls, and each was the same.

 

...But when Seulgi was six and she and her mother were waiting by the library entrance for her father to pick them up, she saw someone else waiting.

 

"Who's that boy?" She had asked.

 

And it was Lee Taeyong, standing alone, his hands in his pockets, kicking the pebbles by the sidewalk with no care in the world. He was wearing a red shirt and had on a pair of red sneakers.

 

When Seulgi was six, she decided her favourite colour was red.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

By the time she was eight, Seulgi was near the top of her class. (After all, she was a good girl and good girls tend to be good at everything.)

 

By the time she was eight, she had met her four lifelong best friends. (She knew that the word 'best' meant one but hey, the good girl doesn't mind breaking this rule.)

 

Her teachers liked her and began complimenting her loopy penmanship, regularly stopping class to comment on her orderly folders.

 

For a while, she believed that Taeyong actually listened when their teacher spoke about her when she said nice things.

 

Just after she turned nine (a big girl age, she'd boasted), Taeyong left school for a month.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When she was ten, he hated her.

 

She was petty and annoying, he told her. Ten-year-olds weren't supposed to care that boys were shorter than girls, he said.

 

That was her cue to leave Johnny and Yuta alone, wel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter