FINAL

Hell-Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The boy sighs, his feet swinging over the edge of a building. He gazes at the ground beneath his feet. The sun shines brightly over the flowering fields, and the sky is clear and blue. The playground he played at, the field that he had picnics in, the concrete that he’d fallen and scraped himself on multiple times. The wind ruffles his black hair, darker than midnight, as dark as the very depths of hell. At times it seems to be tinged red, but with a blink of an eye it’s black again, like a trick of the eye. The boy turns when he hears soft footsteps. Another boy, a bit older and a bit larger, sits next to him, sighing as he does so. His hair is the same shade of black, and his seems to have the same faint red tinge.

“Waiting for Jongup?” the newcomer asks. The smaller boy nods. “How long has it been?”

“He should have been here an hour ago,” the boy murmurs. “Himchan-hyung, what if he doesn’t come? What if… what if…”

“Don’t worry, Youngjae. He’ll come. Jongup's out of her range anyway,” Himchan says. His voice shakes slightly. Youngjae shakes his head.

“Something seems… off,” he says, worry creeping into his voice. “Can we go check?” Himchan hesitates for a moment, then relents after seeing Youngjae's pleading expression.

“Alright. It’s okay to go alone, y’know,” Himchan says, standing. “She can’t hurt you now.” Youngjae shakes his head again, looking up at Himchan with fear in his eyes.

“No,” he says stubbornly. Himchan sighs, then extends a hand to help Youngjae up. Himchan keeps a hold on Youngjae's hand as they prepare to jump.

A few moments later they’re on the ground, and Youngjae is running with Himchan following him. Suddenly Youngjae screams. “No, Jongup! Don’t go there! Stop!” he cries.

A boy, even younger than Youngjae, is walking towards the woods. His features are the same, the soft gentle features of innocence. The only difference is his hair, which is pale, nearly white, blonde. A ball of light floats in front of him, guiding him. His eyes are trained on the ball, and he doesn’t notice as he wanders deeper into the forest. The shining light leads the transfixed boy through the woods to a clearing, stopping in front of a large tree.

A beautiful woman steps out of a door carved in the tree, smiling at the boy. Her features are similar to the children’s, the soft innocent features. Her long hair is the same color as Youngjae and Himchan's, only with streaks of pale blonde, the same shade as Jongup's. Her eyes, however, are very different from the children’s. All three of the boys have soft, gentle dark brown eyes, almost black. The woman’s eyes, on the other hand, are bright gold. The light and the boy trail behind her as she goes back into the tree. Himchan runs faster and starts to pull Youngjae with him, but they’re too far behind to grab Jongup. Suddenly Youngjae lets go of Himchan's hand and falls to his knees on the ground.

He grabs an object off the ground. It’s a pin, one of an angel wing. It’s pitch black with mesmerizing swir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter