End

After

Rosé’s been living the life. For a twenty one years old girl, she already knows what do to and what she have always wanted to do. She’s striving to be the best, well-known singer at the middle class company in her town. With the knowledge of playing almost every musical instruments, and a face that never lacks of satisfaction, Rosé’s doing well. But that didn’t stop her from working hard. No time is a waste.

 

And that earned her the “workaholic” title from her friends, which consists of a tomboy Amber, happy-go-lucky Eric, and another child-prodigy Wendy. 

 

Amber, who is the most “sick” about Rosé’s work routine, arranged a group gathering. A gathering that Rosé knows involves loud, blasting music inside a very confined room, together with drinks that will take them higher. 

 

Wendy, the sweetest girl alive, told her to join not because Amber forces her to, because she deserves to unwind sometimes. She deserves to rest. She deserves to have fun. Rosé’s wavering.

 

And then Eric, who is the only guy in the group, but it never made everyone uncomfortable. Eric who made Rosé finally say yes to the gathering for his generosity of shouldering all the expenses– drinks, place, transportation. 

 

Rosé’s contented with her life. 

 

Not until she notices something is still missing. And she realized it when she saw the girl Amber went to talk to. 

 

The girl, who wears a black dress that hugs her body, following the curves, and her red lips on the glass that contains a what Rosé thinks is a cosmopolitan. 

 

A lady’s drink

 

Amber swiftly sits next the girl. They thought the girl’s picking someone to bring home tonight, but when they see the other girl slapping Amber’s head, they knew, they’re friends. After all, no one touches Amber’s hair except her friends. 

 

And then the girl smiles. Rosé feels the drinks kicking in. She feels her body heating up. She reaches for the iced tea served as their chaser, and munches on the fries Eric ordered earlier. Wendy noticed her actions.

 

“Isn’t the girl hot?”, Eric says as he takes a bottle and chugs it down, like he’s been deprived of liquid for weeks.

 

“What I can only think is Amber being selfish for two reasons”, Wendy says.

 

“And what are those?” Rosé just had to ask.

 

“For one, she left us. And two, she looks like she’s not even planning to introduce us this girl”, Wendy explains, with her two fingers raised. Rosé notices her neatly trimmed fingernails.

 

Amber must have heard them for she stands up, pulls the girl’s wrist, and led her to the group. Rosé felt her heart beating loudly. She reaches again for a drink. 

 

“So everyone”, Amber starts as she pushes the girl slightly so she’s on everyone’s sight. 

 

“This is Jennie. My friend way back on States”, Amber introduces the girl. 

 

“Hi”, with the wide, gummy smile, the girl shyly greets them. 

 

Rosé digs for that smile.

 

“States? Where you from there too?”, Wendy asks as the girl, Jennie, sits beside Amber, which is besides Eric. She’s across Rosé’s seat. 

 

“Oh no. I just came there for a vacation”, Jennie answers, and then she looks at the bottle Amber opens and passes her. She gladly accepts it. 

 

“Where are you from then?”, then Rosé speaks. She feels eyes on her. She straighten her body.  Jennie shoots her a smile. 

 

“I’m born here, but I spent my childhood in New Zealand”, Jennie answers her, keeping the eye contact, even when she drinks in her bottle. Rosé finds herself gulping too. 

 

“New Zealand! Isn’t that where you’re from, Rosé?” Eric speaks. 

 

“Eric, she’s from Australia”, Amber butts in.

 

“What? I thought you’re a Korean too?”, Wendy says. 

 

“Oh my god guys, are you all even my friends?”, Rosé feigned hurt at her friend’s cluelessness. Jennie laughs at their silliness. 

 

“To clear things up, I’m Roseanne Park, you can call me Rosé, Rosie, whatever, 21 years of age. I’m Korean, yes, but born in New Zealand, and raised in Australia.”, Rosé clarifies. 

 

“Well, that explains the y accent”, Jennie says, looking at her like she’s a deer on a hunting season. She feels the shiver running up to her neck. 

 

The people around them doesn’t miss the beat as they wooed and made sounds to annoy and embarrass the hell out of Rosé. Jennie laughs again.

 

“But I have an accent too. Jennie, hear me out”, Eric says, and then he showcases his grunting voice, speaking in random english as he makes small gestures as well. Jennie looks appalled. 

 

“That’s stupid”, she commented.

 

Everyone bursts in laughing. 

 

“Oh my god, I like you Jennie”, Wendy speaks, still breathless from their outburst earlier. 

 

“Thanks guys. I know I’m a very likable person”, Jennie compliments herself, which makes them laugh again.

 

“Oh I miss you Jennie”, Amber expresses as she pulls Jennie on a side hug. 

 

 

 

“So, Australia huh?”

 

Hours have passed and almost all are drunk. The bottles, which was five three hours ago, are now uncountable. Rosé’s not really good in math when drunk, or maybe even when sober. 

 

“Yeah”, Rosé whispers as her vision’s getting blurry and hazy. She’s on their seat, a round couch with the round table in the middle of it. Jennie, who was across her, as far as she remembers, is now beside her, laying an arm around her. 

 

Rosé doesn’t complain.

 

“And you’re Korean?”, Jennie asks again, pulling drunk Rosé on her, resulting on the girl to lay her head on Jennie’s shoulder.

 

Rosé doesn’t complain, again.

 

“Mmm”, Rosé just made a noise. Jennie assumes its a yes.

 

“Oh god you’re wasted. Cute”, Jennie mutters as she pokes on Rosé’s exposed cheek. The girl grumbles as she swats the offensive hand that pokes her constantly.

 

Wendy comes back from the washroom, and she wishes she stays longer there. She sees Jennie and Rosé, bonding, too close, so close. Wendy now remembers how she doesn’t like the aftermath of drinking sessions – either they’re too drunk that they vomit everywhere they want to, or there will be this scene where they are forced to watch the others flirt. 

 

Wendy clears . Too bad they’re in the club. She can’t even hear herself. 

 

So she just loudly made her way next to Rosé. She sits on the other side. Now Jennie notices her. 

 

“Where are the others?” Jennie asks, slowly lowering her hand out of Rosé’s tempting cheek. 

 

“Eric’s already at the counter. Amber’s outside, calling for a ride”, Wendy says as she checks up on the passed out girl.

 

Everything felt silent. Wendy felt the tension, not on her, but on Jennie. She’s awkward, over there, beside passed out Rosé.

 

Wendy likes Jennie. Jennie is cool. Jennie is sweet. 

 

Wendy thinks Rosé is in good hands, or shoulder if she’s being literal. 

 

“So Jennie”, Wendy starts.

 

She noticed how the girl jumped from shock. Wendy just laughed.

 

“How did you and Amber became friends again? I didn’t quite catch that up”, Wendy asked with pure curiosity.

 

Amber is not that subtle on her preferences. She might seem like the typical butch with her short, boy haircut, but she do date boys too. Jennie is indeed a beautiful girl, it won’t be a surprise if Amber maybe dated her before. 

 

“I don’t remember much of it, but yeah I think its when I almost lost my wallet. I was scared, to be honest. I’m in a foreign land, and a native suddenly approached me”, Jennie laughs as she tell her story to Wendy.

 

“So, you didn’t date? Or anything?”, Wendy really wants to know. Jennie just smiles at her.

 

“You didn’t even ask if I swing that way”, Jennie says, eyes full of mischief. Wendy finds the courage to gang up on her.

 

“Oh please. No one looks at my stunning friend like a piece of meat and says that nothing’s going on”, Wendy says, one eyebrow up. Jennie squints her eyes in a fake intimidating way. 

 

“Stunning, true”, Jennie concludes.

 

Then Wendy realized. Rosé’s been single since they became a group. Wendy and Eric dated and broke up, and still, little Rosé is still on her “no time for that” phase. 

 

“What about Rosie tho?”, Jennie asks out of the blue. Wendy restrained herself from making a face that might make Jennie go back.

 

“Rosé’s single, if that’s what you’re asking”, Wendy says as fast as she can.

 

“No. I mean, what does she look for, you know..”

 

“You’re doing fine Jennie. So fine”, Wendy assures her. Even giving a pat on the cute girl she’s talking to. 

 

Jennie is indeed a beauty. She might look like the baddest you don’t want to mess with, but then she’ll just bring down that facade and you’ll be greeted by a soft, adorable munchkin that you will want to keep on your pocket. Wendy just wishes Rosé could keep up with her iness and cuteness at the same time.

 

Seconds after, Eric arrives, with a damn long receipt on his hand, gesturing for them to stand up. Wendy did. But Jennie finds herself struggling. Nobody told her Rosé possesses a runaway model’s height. Eric laughed at her misfortune before helping. They had Rosé on his back as they made their way outside. 

 

“No wait you should have just waited inside. The cab’s not yet here”, Amber said as they approached her. 

 

“Why call a cab anyway? I can still drive”, Eric said. 

 

“I don’t want to die, simple as that”, Amber said. 

 

“So yeah guys I have to go too. My car is over there”, Jennie said to the group. 

 

And then Wendy has a great idea.

 

“Let’s just drive”, Wendy said as she looks for Eric’s car keys on his pocket. 

 

“We can’t. Rosé’s village’s guards won’t let our car in. They’ll definitely know we drink and drive”, Amber explains again.

 

“How about this”, Wendy then looked at Jennie.

 

“Jennie, be a sweetheart and let Rosé crash into your house. Just for a night. Don’t worry, she’s a heavy sleeper”, Wendy pleads, with a hint that the group immediately get. Now all three of them are looking at the new girl. 

 

Everyone heaves a sigh when Jennie reluctantly says yes.

 

Wendy might be drunk, or anything, but she’s quite sure she sees Jennie smirking while Eric and Amber carefully lays Rosé at the backseat of Jennie’s car. 

 

Or maybe Wendy is drunk.

 

Maybe.

 

 

Jennie left the boring confinement the society calls “school” at the age of 16. Not the type who like academics, Jennie pursued the career of mass media where she worked as a freelance model. With her mom as her manager, everything went great. Her schedules were healthy, her salary too were going good. Until she reached the platform where she stands, walks, and poses, wearing top-notched designer clothes she still can’t believe she’s touching. 

 

Her mother helped her a lot in her career, and she’s been truly grateful of that. So when Jennie had her biggest salary, she immediately booked a flight and arranged a vacation trip for her mother. She chose to fly to States. 

 

There she met Amber. Amber who’s hair was a disaster, for Jennie’s way of styling. She looks like a typical emo girl, the one who would sway their bangs on the right side, covering the right eye, and she also wore thick eyeliners back then. 

 

Style may not be the reason they became friends but Jennie sure didn’t regret the day she almost lost her wallet. There she met Amber, that now led her to this very drunk, passed out, gorgeous lady on her bed.

 

The mocha-colored sheets matched the red top Rosé’s wearing, Jennie could see her easily. 

 

Jennie reaches out, climb up, careful not to disturb the girl on it, stepping as if it is not her own bed, and then settles herself next to her. Rosé is lying on her right side, and with Jennie on her left, she let her hand trails on Rosé’s seemingly fragile back, until it stops, and then goes to touch the waist. 

 

She whistles at her discovery. Rosé’s waist is to die for.

 

She stays there, holding the tiny waist while feeling Rosé’s slow breathing. She looks over, on Rosé’s sleeping face. Rosé, who has a flawless skin, a nose well-sculpted and well-designed, and with the full lips that looks soft and luscious. And then everything becomes haywire. Jennie surrenders to the temptation. 

 

She lets herself slowly reaches downward, and then her lips make contact with the soft cheek, but that didn’t stop her hunger. She kisses it once more, and then another, and then she lost count on how many times she did it. When satisfied, she moves sideward, taking a nip on the exposed ear, because why not? 

 

Her hand then starts thinking on its own, from the waist, it glides upward, inserting it on the top Rosé’s wearing, reaching the flat tummy, and rakes it there. 

 

And then she feels how Rosé suddenly shivers on her hold. 

 

Jennie, with her confidence in full boost, reaches upward once more, successfully cupping one of the , while busies itself tasting the neck. She fondles, and at the same time, . She multitasks, the thing she’s most proud of. 

 

Her hunger intensifies when Rosé produces a soft, sweet hum. 

 

No more backing down, Jennie hovers on the sleeping figure, repositioning her, laying her whole back on the bed, and Jennie positions herself on top of her, two hands on each side of Rosé’s head, and lips sending kisses to Rosé’s.

 

Like a prince trying to wake up her princess on her slumber, Jennie kisses her fully, adding a little nip on the lower lip just for the heck of it, and maybe a little contact of tongue because this is Jennie Kim we’re talking about. 

 

And she kind of succeed because Rosé moves her arms, snakes them around Jennie’s neck, and then pulls her downward more. Jennie hums as Rosé sleepily kisses her back. A little sloppy, but nonetheless still makes Jennie’s inside tingles. 

 

She can taste the alcohols the girl consumes earlier. With their tongues swirling in dominance inside Rosé’s mouth, Jennie uses the opportunity to again cup her s. Jennie takes advantage of her again as she searches ways to entangle the damned brassier the girl under her wears. She succeeds on her third try, she unclasps it, but real problems lies ahead when Rosé refuses to lower her arms around her neck. Jennie doesn’t mind though, and she easily thinks of an alternative move, pushing the bra upward until the s are in full display. 

 

But Rosé really doesn’t want to unlatch from her. 

 

So she tries to bite her off. 

 

She removes herself from the kiss, and bites the shoulder near her. Rosé yelps, and finally opens her eyes, and looks at her with eyebrows creased. But she’s still holding on her neck. Jennie is restless.

 

Jennie must have been continuing her actions but not only when Rosé mutters a groggily melody that kind of sounds like “no” to Jennie. So she stops, hand goes out of the girl’s clothing piece, and lips tight shut, keeping a distance to Rosé’s. 

 

“Rosie”, Jennie sweetly whispers to the girl, trying her luck to score the night. But Rosé again gives her the same word.

 

“No”, Rosé whispers back, with the voice that sounds like a combination of chocolate and wine that makes Jennie succumbs. 

 

And that’s what she did.

 

Jennie might start of as the girl with huge carnal needs, but she ain’t a . She wants , not that its subtle at all, but she’ll never force herself to others, or in this case, forces Rosé to have with her. 

 

So she swallows the hunger inside of her and lets Rosé made her a big pillow and lets her hug her tightly, until she passes out again, and lowkey tries to pull Jennie to slumber.

 

But that is not easy as it sounds like. 

 

She decides to give up, accepts that she’ll greet the morning sleepless and -deprived.

 

 

Rosé wakes up to the hard bang on her head.

 

She feels like a heavy object has been placed inside her head. It feels like a mechanical drill is working beside her, buzzing its way up to her ears. And her eyes, oh god her eyes feel like she can’t see anymore. When she opens them, she sees white, hazy dots, and then the world suddenly spins wildly. 

 

She feels like throwing up. 

 

So she keeps them close for now. 

 

While blindly feeling the bed beneath her, she realizes that the comforter is unusually softer, and when did she had a silk-like sheets anyway? Though she doesn’t mind it for one bit because the comfort she’s feeling helps a lot on her of a hangover. 

 

Rosé’s throat feels like a desert. She badly needs a drink or else she’ll die of thirst. But how on earth will she do that if the damn headache is stopping her from even opening her eyes? The pain is too unbearable. 

 

I guess this is how I die. I blame my friends for this, Rosé thought to herself. 

 

But then she hears a sound of a door being opened. Steps then follows. Rosé feels herself getting nervous. Because then she realizes she’s not in her room. And there is someone inside this room with her. She doesn’t know who, and she thinks she doesn’t really want to know. 

 

Rosé acts like she’s still in deep slumber. Not that its hard, considering that she’s practically immobilized because of the hell inside her head. 

 

But her other senses are in combat mode. 

 

She hears the steps, and from its volume, it seems like the person is getting near her. And then it stops. Rosé hears something getting placed on the side table. More steps again, now she identifies as the person leaving. And she thanked the gods above for the sound of the door closing again.

 

“So how long are you going to do that?”

 

Rosé curses out loud as she clutches on her painful temple. 

 

“Serves you right. Drink the meds. I’ll be outside if you need me”, the feminine voice entered through her ears.

 

She miscalculated things. Well, this is not Rosé’s forté. The girl realizes that eyesight is indeed a very important thing in her life. 

 

But wait, a feminine voice. That’s definitely not Amber. Or it is Wendy. 

 

She needs to take the medicine quickly. 

 

 

“Good morning, princess”, Jennie greets at the very much awaked Rosé. 

 

“Don’t call me that”, the girl bats out as she takes a seat across her.

 

“Alright. Good morning ”, Jennie says, with the tone so mischievous for Rosé’s morning. 

 

“Ugh”, Rosé grumbles. The girl is too much for her.

 

While Rosé continues to suffer on the aftermath of uncontrolled late night drinking, Jennie takes a good look on the newly freshened up and totally sober girl infront of her. Rosé, on Jennie’s vision, is glowing. Her skin, not pale as she assumes it is under the club lighting, it is adorned with pink hues, one that makes Jennie swoons. Her hair, jet black, healthy looking, long hair, it looks so good. Jennie feels the itch to touch a strand of it. The lips, the pair that she tasted and savored last night, now in a dark shade of red. It made Jennie so proud of herself.. 

 

I did that, Jennie thought as she sips on her newly brewed coffee.

 

“How did I end up here anyway?” Rosé speaks up as she feels eyes scanning her whole. She suddenly feels like she’s . She looks down to check. 

 

I’m wearing the same clothes as last night. Gross, but this is better than not having clothes at all.

 

“Your friends sell you out to me”, Jennie simply says. Again, Rosé feels the throb inside her head.

 

“I don’t have friends”, Rosé declares as she sips on her own drink.

 

They continue drinking on the hot coffee there, silence surrounding them as eyes wander around, mostly Rosé’s, because Jennie’s eyes are still on her. 

 

Rosé sips. Jennie gulps. 

 

Rosé glances at her, Jennie stares back.

 

The atmosphere at the room is suffocating the poor tall girl. Rosé blames Jennie and her god damn of a beautiful face. Its just the start of the morning and yet Jennie is treating everyone like a peasant with that good looks of hers. Rosé feels the insecurity creeping in. She unconsciously runs her hand on her hair. 

 

She hears Jennie’s soft intake of air. 

 

While Rosé gets lost on her own bubble, Jennie across her is in the verge of her seat. Painfully restricting herself to jump on the oblivious girl just a table away from her. Or maybe Rosé is just being a little er, maybe she’s just toying with her. But whatever it is, its successfully making Jennie go nuts. 

 

Unconscious or not, Jennie still finds Rosé biting her lower lip, y. Intentional or not, Jennie still wets herself on the sight of Rosé craning her neck. Speaking of neck, Jennie could see the spots she last night. 

 

I did that too, Jennie tells herself.

 

Rosé must have come back to her senses and must have seen her shameless gawking for she started to speak.

 

“So”, she starts, holding her cup of coffee with two hands.

 

“I woke up with no bra and these on me. Care to explain why?” She says, even pinpoint every marks. And after she said that, Rosé sees her life flashes into her. Jennie’s gaze is trying kill her right now. 

 

“Do you like it?” Jennie asks back, now ready to play. Rosé thinks that opening is the worst decision she made. 

 

Or maybe its not. Jennie is amazing. There’s nothing wrong on playing with her, and to be true, Rosé should feel lucky. Jennie is also interested at her.

 

“I mean, I do. But I can’t go to work looking like this”

 

And then Rosé sees something in Jennie’s eyes. It looks a little darker, and she swears, its making her excited.

 

“Let them look. I don’t mind”, Jennie then leans forward, with her right hand supporting her chin.

 

“Well, I do”, Rosé says, tone a little higher than it should. Jennie smirks at it.

 

“Are you ashamed of it?” 

 

“Aren’t you? You made it when I was sleeping”, Rosé makes a remark. Jennie looks taken aback. And then a second passes and she’s back at the game again.

 

“You’re saying something to me. I don’t know but I accept the challenge”, Jennie says as she stands up, goes to the sink to leave the used mug there, and then comes back not on her previous seat, but on Rosé’s lap. 

 

She pushes the girl’s seat and she settles comfortably at her. 

 

While Rosé is still on the state of shock, Jennie uses the opportunity to her ear before whispering to her.

 

“I think you’re implying that I’m a coward, but no, miss Roseanne Park. I am nothing but a coward”

 

Rosé feels the pool of emotion gathering on her lower body. 

 

But then Jennie leaves her hanging at the top. 

 

She reaches for Rosé’s mug, goes out of Rosé’s zone, and discards it on the sink too. 

 

“My little payback for last night”, Jennie says before she goes to her room, leaving Rosé gaping at her.