Sweater paws

Baby Pink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

my love so sweet

 

 

**

 

It was a hassle. Namjoon’s art class schedule starts at early in the morning, 7:30 AM to be exact and Namjoon loves to sleep in but his university also loves to torture its students and make his first period start so bloody early when mostly everyone was still asleep. He envies Yoongi—his grumpy and anti-social friend and also dorm-mate, whose first class starts at eleven every day and he has lots of extra hours of sleep. Namjoon is considering to change his major from arts to music.

 

“Hyung, I’ll be going first” Namjoon shouts from the door, putting on his black combat boots. He hears the older groan from the bed with a few shuffles. Namjoon chuckles despite being jealous because Yoongi was having his sweet time with his bed; he stands up to stomp his boots then he was out.

 

One thing that Namjoon is thankful for, despite his early class, is the early mornings. Mornings around the university dormitory was his favorite time of the day because the trees were beautiful and he gets to witness the soft rays of the sun before it becomes scorching at noon. The birds also sang and it was one of his favorite songs. Namjoon sighs when the morning breeze touches his face, it was cool and refreshing. At least the beautiful morning takes his grudge off his damn early schedule.

 

Art class is his favorite. There was no logical explanation why…well…before there was nothing but now, Namjoon smiles seeing the girl who spilled her coffee on his shirt on the first day. She looks beautiful in her baby blue sweater that was obviously covering most her hands, sweater paws. It was adorable.

 

Namjoon tells himself that the fluttering butterflies in his stomach whenever he sees her were nothing but a little crush. Besides, he likes his woman tall and she…well, she was short. So small and so damn cute.

 

“Yona!”

 

Namjoon rolls his eyes when he hears the voice and in a second a boy is dangling himself around the girl’s neck. Yona only laughs her eyes were small—monolids pretty much like Namjoon’s, and they disappear when she smiles like now.

 

“Hobi” Yona chortles and starts to squeal when the said Hobi tickles her sides. She starts to trash around but it was obvious she was being careful not to swing at anything or anyone. “No! Stop it!” tears forms at her eyes but nevertheless, she laughs while the other man continues to torture her with tickles.

 

“Lovebirds” Namjoon hears someone say, and he can imagine the eye-roll that came with it, from behind him so he turns to look. He chuckles seeing the bitter look on his classmate’s face. “I really hate them”

 

“Good morning, Kris” Namjoon moves from the doorway to let his tall friend through. They both walk to their respective seats, right next to each other.

 

Wu Kris is Namjoon’s first friend in art class and their friendship started when they were both running late to lecture and in shame they both sat at the back. They shared small talks and the rest is history.

 

“What’s good about the morning?” Kris hisses, eyes narrowed at the two friends currently laughing at absolutely nothing. That’s what Yona and Hoseok always do, they laugh at nothing. “Why don’t they just get together already? Everyone knows how whipped they are for each other”

 

It was Namjoon’s turn to narrow his eyes at the two. Yona and Hoseok together? Now why does that make Namjoon’s chest tighten.

 

“I think they’re just good friends” Namjoon crouches over the table with a sour expression, trying to sway the idea but Kris was not one to back down, or he was just damn oblivious.

 

“Good friends?” Kris scoffs. “Good friends don’t stick to each other like glue” he points to the two and rolls his eyes. “Just look at him, he’s looking at her with hearts in his eyes and he’s playing with her hair too!” Kris exclaims dramatically, eyes narrowed “Just look at how he twirls the ends of her hair until kingdom come” then he cringes.

 

Namjoon only chuckles and rolls his eyes playfully at his friend. He will never understand why Kris ships the two so much yet at the same time bitter. He discreetly looks again at Yona and Hoseok. They were indeed too close to be called friends but who was he to care? Yona is just a crush.

 

That’s all.

 

 

**

 

 

“Hey, Nams!” A small voice chimes in the small art studio, Namjoon, who was busy looking at some sketches that Kris made, whips his head up to the person and as cliché as it sounds he saw pink petals everywhere and Pretty Woman plays in the background. Damn it.

 

"Yes?" He answers, voice cracking a bit and eyes shaking in nervousness. Confusingly, Namjoon was anxious and he needs to calm down. He must be acting this way because his crush approached him first...for the first time.

 

The short girl stops in front of him, looking adorable as ever in that damn baby blue sweater she always wears. Must be her favorite.

 

"I was thinking that maybe..." she bites her lip and looks away from Namjoon."You can help me with my music?" She timidly asks and seeing the unsure reaction on Namjoon's face she panics. "I—I mean...Hobi...he...he has a friend, Yoongi? And this Yoongi has a friend which is...well...you and told me that you are good in music and I have taken music as my minor but my professor is a spawn from hell and gave a project to compose my own and I don't have any idea how—"

 

Yona keeps on talking but none of her words was coming to Namjoon because as small as his eyes were they were wide open in amusement and worry because the girl was red from her face down her neck. She looks so flustered and she talked with no pause and Namjoon thinks if she was even breathing.

 

"—and I really really need your help because I am not really acquainted with this Yoongi guy but you...we have been classmates in a few classes since first year and I'd be more comfortable asking for help from you"

 

Namjoon absentmindedly nods in response and slowly, like in the movies, Yona smiles so bright Namjoon had to squint—too bright.

 

Yona squeals excitedly, jumping up and down and clapping her hands like an overexcited seal. "Thank you, Namjoonie!" She hugs Namjoon and that shocks Namjoon because his crush, his damn crush, is hugging him and she is so soft and she smells—was that cocoa butter? "I'll see you in class, Namjoon!" Then she was gone leaving Namjoon blinking so dumbly.

 

"What the just happened" he whispers as he slowly comes in terms with what he just did.

 

 

**

 

 

Kim Namjoon finds himself inside the Yoongi's studio at nine in the morning and it was a Sunday. Sundays for Namjoon meant lazy days but he received a message from an unknown number last night,

 

hey Nams! This is Yona! I got ur # from Hobi! Said Yoongi gave it to him. Can we start tomorrow?? Idk anywhere to work but if u do text me the deets? Thanks again Nams!!

 

Namjoon knew he was screwed but nevertheless he tries his best to clean the pig sty also known as Gloss Studio because his hyung never cleans his studio. Put away the crumpled papers, take out the trash, polish the table and a few spray of air freshener. Done.

 

He was ready and as he sits comfortably on Yoongi's favorite black swivel chair sipping on his caramel macchiato, he waits.

 

Namjoon so religously glances at his watch, to the papers laid on the table, then back to his watch. Yona was late. Well, not exactly, there's still almost fifteen minutes before the allotted time. Namjoon was not excited to see Yona. No. He came early because he has to clean—which he finished for ten minutes—and not because of his crush.

 

"Nams? It’s me Yona!" Calls the said crush from outside the door and Namjoon may or may have not scrambled on his feet, tripped twice or three on his way to open the door and let Yona in. "I brought pastries! As a thank you treat?" Yona beams the very moment the door opens and Namjoon was wide-eyed.

 

Yona stands there with a bright smile, holding a paper bag in her hands where the scrumptious smell was coming, and in another damn oversized knitted sweater—pink, flipping baby pink or pastel pink, damn. It was pink! And Namjoon can feel all the fluff in his chest...well...fluff. Yona is too adorable for her own sake and apparently for Namjoon's too because if Yona hadn’t called his name he would have not notice that he was staring. Great, he's already leaving a bad impression, he thinks, but Yona laughs at him and the thought immediately leaves his mind.

 

"Let me in?" Yona so cheekily smiles then Namjoon is a stuttering mess, o—okay, I—I’m sorry come in.

 

Namjoon lets him in and Yona looks around in amazement.

 

"Wow, I’ve never been inside an actual studio before" Yona says placing the paper bag of baked goods on a small table near the door. "Is this place yours?"

 

Namjoon shakes his head. "It's Yoongi hyung's" he is so damn timid. Why is he so damn timid?

 

"Oh...okay..." then she sits on a chair that Namjoon dragged across the room. “So...how do we start?" Yona beams, sitting properly with both her hands on her lap and Namjoon pries his eyes off her because she looks so damn small in that overly sized baby pink sweater and Namjoon feels so soft.

 

"What kind of song do you have in mind?" He asks and dares to look at Yona who looks back at him with wide eyes and a sweet smile. Okay, what the . Why is she looking at me like that?

 

Namjoon waits for three seconds but Yona was still not answering, she just sat there like a cute puppy in an oversized pink sweater.

 

"Yona" he calls and Yona blinks then to his surprise she laughs, loudly.

 

"I'm sorry, Nams" Yona waves off vaguely, and Namjoon is not sure if he's imagining things but her cheeks were red and she looks embarrassed. What the flipping fudge, she looks adorable. "I...I haven't really thought about the music but..." she trails, her feet swaying back and forth. “I...would like the song to be soft, mellow, the type that makes your heart flutter the moment the song plays" she looks away biting her lips, her cheeks possibly even redder.

 

"A love song?"

 

"Yes..." Yona beams finally looking at Namjoon then she looks away, chuckling. "I'm sorry...I don’t know why I'm so embarrassed right now" she hides her face behind her hands and damn because, sweater paws.

 

This girl is killing Namjoon with her overall cuteness.

 

"Hey...uh..." Namjoon clears his throat. "It's okay" because he himself is embarrassed as hell and he does not know if Yona can notice his warming cheeks. "If you like we can go out for coffee to shake up some nerves?"

 

"Are you asking me for a date, Nams?"

 

. Did it sound like he did? Namjoon wants to say, oh no I just thought we could get out for coffee to bond for a bit so we can get more comfortable around each other because we share some same classes but we never really interacted until now, but the look on Yona's face was expecting. Eyes shining and a Cheshire grin.

 

"I'm just joking, Nams" she says but the blush on her cheeks stays. "Come on, let's go get that coffee".

 

 

**

 

 

It was crazy. This is crazy.

 

Namjoon runs through the streets faster than Flash—not really, everyone knows Flash is the fastest man alive—because he stayed up all night and woke up late and he is thirty minutes late for his rendezvous with Yona.

 

Though it would have been the fourth time, Namjoon still can’t get used to early Sundays—he still have to set an alarm in the highest setting and he wakes up with the alarm blaring in the dorm and Yoongi kicking him because your damn alarm is ringing wake the up or I’ll kill you. Yoongi was not exactly the nicest person when woken up but Namjoon luckily survives.

 

Sundays with Yona were not bad also, the girl, Namjoon had discovered, had a knack for music and she was good at singing too. It was safe to say that Namjoon enjoys spending time with her more than he should.

 

“Finally!” Namjoon exclaims when he spots the outline of the building. Putting all the remains of his strength to his legs he runs only to stop because he sees Yona…and Hoseok.

 

At that moment, while Yona laughs at something that Hoseok had said, as she playfully hit him and a blush noticeably creeping to her cheeks, as Hoseok ruffles her hair and she coveres her face with her hands, Kim Namjoon realizes that maybe what he feels towards Yona is not just a little crush.

 

It was something more than a crush or else he wouldn’t feel like his heart is breaking into two, and the upcoming tears stinging his eyes.

 

He steps back, turns around and walks away. He hears his name being called, Nams! Then another Nams hey! Again Nams! He couldn’t take it anymore so he runs away.

 

 

**

 

 

Yona is good in music, she’s a great lyricist, an amazing composer and she would have taken music as a major but she fell in love with Arts—though music is art itself too—she found herself, right before graduating highschool, falling deeper into the works of the greatest renaissance artists, discovered the world of minimalism, impressionism, and her personal favorite Pablo Picasso.

 

Her parents were never against her decisions—unless it’s bad of course—and supported her in her chosen field though they would have still love he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter