You have a dog?

Yunho buys a dog

Yunho’s a worker at a prestige company and doesn’t have much time to worry about anyone but himself in his successful life. 

He’s rich, good looking, charming and desirable. A Greek God if you will, except that he’s not Greek or a God.

Girls at his workplace think differently, showering him with adoration, gifts and confessions; guys look up to him, wanting to one day become at least a little bit like him. Yunho is the star of the whole company.

So there’s no real explanation why he's sitting at home feeling utterly bored. 

There’s simply nobody in the entire company who’s caught his attention. 

I need entertainment, he decides and opts for purchasing a dog. 
 

***
 

The first dog he gets is a pompous Papillon. It’s a decorative yet a very intelligent animal. 

‘Sit’ Yunho commands as the dog looks at him with observant eyes. 

It's an adult dog and a trained one at that because who has time for those puppies which gnaw on everything and piss all over the place. Yunho's not much of a dog lover. 

The Papillion sits down neatly, all while he keeps observing its new owner.

‘What’s your name again’ Yunho takes the papers which came with the dog and looks over them without any real interest. He guesses he needs to learn its name at least, he cannot keep calling the animal ‘hey dog’. 

‘Aha! Changmin. Your name is Changmin' he smiles once he finds it 'Nice meeting you Changmin’ he puts the papers away and kneels down to be on the same level as the small fury creature.

‘Now play dead’
 

***
 

Yunho returns his first dog after thirty five minutes. He decides that it was fun while it lasted but- never again. Really. 

He’s in need of a different dog, one that would understand him without staring at him like he’s an idiot.

‘I hope this is a stupid one’ he says, successfully murdering everyone's high expectations of him.

Yunho goes home with his tiny Shin Tzu feeling optimistic. It looks cute and kind of dumb and has a much better name than the previous one.

‘Junsu Junsu Junsu’ he calls as he throws a rubber ball at his newly acquired possession which thoroughly ignores him. 'Catch the ball, you dumb creature! Come on, play with me!’ he gets slightly annoyed after several more unsuccessful tries. Then he phones the previous owner and tells her that the dog is sick. 

‘He just needs some time to adjust’ she tries calming him down in a soothing voice. 

Yunho decides to give the dog another day and leaves it alone for the evening.

‘By the way’ he phones the owner the next morning ‘Is it ok to feed it chocolate?’
 

***
 

Yunho’s annoyed because he’s lost two dogs in two days. The owner of the Shin Tzu decided to take it back despite her difficult situation at home. Yunho feels wronged but agrees that maybe he’s not ready for a creature that delicate. On average he’s unwilling to spend more than ten minutes on anything except himself or his closest family. A Shin Tzu has long fur and required brushing. That’s quite problematic.

Yunho is not ready to give up yet, however, he’s decided that maybe he needs something bigger, sturdier. Maybe it’s the size of the dog that matters and because he has a big ego he also needs a big dog. 

‘Labrador Retriever is the perfect choice for you, mister’ the breeder assures him as a beautiful and friendly creature looks up at him. Yunho gives him several commands and the dog follows them perfectly. It doesn’t look at him like he’s out of his mind either. 

‘Alright then, this one will do’ Yunho nods in satisfaction as he pays the astronomical sum required of him. 

As he goes home he’s feeling extra proud. The dog looks good at his side, strangers on streets looking back at both of them.

‘Waah, what an amazing dog’ he hears some schoolgirls squealing and cannot help smirking.

‘What a well trained animal’ a senior citizen says as Yunho takes the dog for a stroll in the park later that day. He’s wearing tight, body fitting shirt which accents his muscular chest but he supposes old women cannot appreciate the beauty that is a chiselled body.

‘Yunho, your dog is the best thing about you’ his mother tells him when he drops by and he doesn’t even try hiding the frown forming on his lips.

‘This one absolutely won’t do’ he shakes his head at the confused breeder when he returns the dog a week later.

‘But Yoochun is the best of the best!’ the man protests to which Yunho nods. 

‘He’s obedient, has a great personality and – and looks amazing!’

'Yes' Yunho nods again, completely agreeing to everything he’s just heard.

'But-  what's the problem then?’ the man wonders, having lost all hopes in ever understanding rich people.

‘He outshines me’ Yunho proclaims and leaves without a second glance.
 

***
 

Once again he’s sitting at home feeling bored. 

The women at his workplace keep flirting and the men keep inviting him out for drinks but he’s uninterested in any of them. 

Yunho has decided that this thing called private life is not for him. He may be a social butterfly at work but at home he’s an awkward loner.

There’s a knock on his door and he peels himself off the couch and slithers over to open it. He’s met by a marvelous sight that takes his breath away. 

‘Oh, hello there. I hope I'm not being rude but I just moved in the neighborhood and-’ there’s an awfully beautiful male standing on his doorstep and smiling at him like the dear sunshine itself has come to give him a warm hug ‘I just wanted to say hello!’ 

Yunho gapes at him because he feels spellbound.

‘Oh- Oh!' he remembers he needs to speak if he doesn’t want to look like the most awkward person ever 'and my name is Yunho. I’m Yunho. Jung Yunho’ he stutters out, trying to give his best impression of an open and honest person, his smile turning into a rather uncomfortable leer.

‘Glad to hear. Name’s Jaejoong’ the pretty neighbor says and chuckles at Yunho’s weird face. ‘Ok, I must be going now!’ he nods and turns to leave. 

‘Wait wait!’ Yunho finds himself yelling unnecessary loud, grabbing the other's arm to stop him ‘Maybe- Don’t you want to come in?’ he offers before his mind has fully caught up with his actions. The neighbour looks somewhat hesitant, Yunho only now realising how stupid he looks. Why would his hot neighbor agree to coming into some creep’s apartment? He didn’t even offer him coffee. 

‘I would love to but -’ Jaejoong shakes his head in refusal and looks down ‘I need to take my dog out for a walk’

Only then Yunho notices that there’s a huge lazy-looking creature sitting at his feet. 

‘Well then, see you around!’ he’s given yet another smile as his neighbor walks away, leaving Yunho all alone. 
 

***

Next day he proudly meets Jaejoong in the park. The hot piece of is walking his big fluffy animal friend there, looking absolutely irresistible. 

‘Hey!’ the beautiful man looks surprised when he sees Yunho nearing ‘I didn’t know you have a dog on your own’ he says, his face blooming into a wide smile. He kneels down to introduce himself to the intelligent Labrador sitting neatly at Yunho’s feet.

‘Actually-’ he laughs and rubs the back of his neck in embarrassment ‘I have three’

 

 

end

 

 

a/n: This is another old fic I rewrote and decided to post here. It's simple, innocent fluff so I hope you enjoyed it. This was also written as a counterpart for Catmaker for a Week. I don't write such cute stories anymore D: But Teenage Dreams is pretty cute, go read that :D