Final

Closing Distance Beween Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Many people say that one can't survive without best friend. The feeling of happiness when you're around with that person and the feeling of complete level of comfortableness is just a pure bliss but a petite male with a big owl-like eyes thinks otherwise. 

A BIG NO.

"Soo!" The said man , Do Kyungsoo looked at the direction where the voice is coming from and greeted with the most charming smile he has ever seen in his entire twenty three years of existence , please excuse the hyperbole , of course. It's too early for that cheesy line. 

He cleared his throat and immediately looked away from a nice view. He went straight to the kitchen and looked for something to eat. Wow. He's so hungry that he feel like he can eat an elephant, that was again , too hyperbolic for someone who just woke up hungry.  He is also tired and feels like jet lag is eating him out. Who said that being a professional photographer is an easy job? 

hmm.. Maybe a toasted bread with strawberry jam will do? 

"Soo , I've been looking for you for almost three hours ! I thought aliens already realized that you're their long lost brother and abducted you. I almost cried" The man with incredibly charming smile approach him with a little bit of exaggeration. He hugged him like a real koala. The petite boy almost crushed his bones from the tightness of the hug. Not that he mind though. 

"Are you drunk Kim Jong In? I was sleeping in my room since I get back from Jeju and get off me or else I'm gonna skin you alive." He said in a low tone , trying his best to scare him off with his words. 

The boy released him from the hug and looked at him with a warm smile on his lips.

Kyungsoo mentally curses when he found himself starring at the boy's face.

This piece of . Do you think you're handsome?  .. well you guessed it right . 

"What?" He raised his eyebrows trying to intimidate the other man who's still looking at him with a smile. He really doesn't like the look this man is giving him. Not that  he doesn't like the attention.It's just that it makes him a little uncomfortable because he keeps on thinking weird things Like pushing him into the solid wall and kissing him intensely. He Shook his head to remove stupid thoughts.

  Argh.

"Aw. Why do you need be so cute , Soo?" The man suddenly touched his hair that made him almost jumped to his place. He then slightly tilted his head with a visible knotted forehead , trying to comprehend what is this annoying guy trying to say. 

"So cute that sometimes , I just want to put you in my pocket and keep you all by myself." The guy added and  then he  pinched his cheeks and flashed an ear-to-ear smile.

He yelped from the sudden contact. He stared at him for 5 good seconds before he realized what did the boy say . He looked at the four corners of the room with a chuckle escaping from his lips. He just wished that he doesn't look like a constipated teenager right now because he can't let this man notice how his small words affect him. He can't let him know how his heart seems to beat faster than the usual when he heard the last sentence. 

Never. 

"You can share me with everyone even with the aliens since last time I checked it , I'm not yours" Still wearing the small smirk in his lips , Kyungsoo sassilly replied after he finally got the courage to look straight into the boy's eyes. He chose to ignore  his stupid feelings and tried his best to look cool as much as he can.

The said boy touched his chest area and acted like he's having a heart attack. "Ouch. You really hurt my feelings , Soo. You know I can't share you with others right?" He looked at him , pouting like a lost puppy. 

He almost kiss--punch that pouty lips of him. He constantly shook his head and then looked at the guy standing beside him as if he has 10 heads. He shook his head again and wonder what he did wrong in his past life to deserve  this kind of roommate.  

Maybe I'm a pink dinosaur back then. He thought. And yes , being pink is a crime in Do Kyungsoo's law.

"No. I don't know and I don't care" He deadpans and continued searching for the strawberry jam in the food cabinet. The said boy follows him.

"Of course you care Do Kyung Soo! Did you already forget that you're my precious best friend?" The boy cheerfully and proudly claimed. 

He finally found the jam and almost ready to celebrate his success but then he  froze when a sudden realization hit him. 

Bull's eye.

Best Friend.. ing best friend. 

  And  his whole world collapsed.  

He hold the strawberry jam's jar a little tighter as if it will break sooner or later. He just hope it won't because he felt really pathetic right now and breaking the jam's jar is surely not gonna help. He doesn't know if he wants to cry or laugh because how can he forgot? How on earth can he forget that the man standing in front him is his best friend since unknown years? How can he forget that they are also sharing the same room since their college days ?And of course , He can't just forget the fact that this man named Kim Jong In is his best friend whom he has fallen in love with , can he? Especially if he knows that he's the only one feeling that way.

Now he really wants to laugh at himself. 

Life is cruel. He thought. Why do we need to fall in love with someone whom we can't have? 

"Hey. Are you with me , Soo? hello thereeee!" He lost his thoughts when Jong In waves his hands in front of his face. He then thanked God for the distraction before he can make a complete fool of himself. He looked at the his face , uncertain of what to do and how to hide the growing disappointment in his eyes.  

"Stop talking useless things , moron. And why do you keep on dropping the honorifics? Did you forget that I'm a year older than you?" He flashed his not-so-famous- blank face to his best *ing* friend. 

He got the bread and  ready to spread the strawberry jam but he feels like  he already lost his appetite together with his broken heart. 

oh please.

"Correction , You're just eleven months and 13 days older than me , hyung and besides-aw!" He stepped on the other man's feet even before he can finish his sentence.

Kyungsoo chose to walk away from the annoying man in front of him , wishing he can also turn his back to this one sided feelings of him. 

"Wait hyung!" He heard Jong In calling but he just continue walking. He's just too tired for this and he seriously thinks that he needs a break. Maybe he can go to the farthest side of soul or maybe it's better if he'll just throw himself into the water of Han river or just anything. He just needs to cool himself down. 

He got himself a bottle of cold water. 

He's ready to take any of the list when he felt a strong hands stopped him. He doesn't need to take a look who's that person but he still looked just to be sure. He immediately regretted it because he was greeted by the worried handsome face of his best friend.

"Hyung! Are you mad?" I'm sorry. I just missed you okay? It's been 3 days since I last saw you and since then , I didn't even eat properly because I'm missing your kimchi spaghetti so much. You know I can't live without you right?" Jong In's voice became softer as if he's a child being scolded by his parents. He pouted once again and reached Kyungsoo's other hand , caress it and gave him an apologic smile. 

Kyungsoo sigh and finally gave in. Who can even resist that handsome face? Besides, it's Jong In. It's always been that name that has special part in his life. Being just the man named Kim Jong In gave the full credit in Kyungsoo's erratic beating of heart. 

He doesn't even remember how and where  it exactly happened but all he knows is that one day , everything seems to be happy when he's with the other man. After he-doesn't-know year of being friends with this moron , he suddenly felt that his feelings is not just a mere male best friend feeling , It became something that he never thought he would come to feel. Jong In and him have always been the best buddies. The taller man used to protect him from his bullies back then and used to claim that he's Kyungsoo's knight in shining armor riding his colorful unicorn, ready to fight anyone who's going to hurt his favorite hyung. 

"I will forever protect my little hyung from evil kids. I can even marry him when we grow up!" Little Jong In used to say until they reach their teenage years and  realized that he likes girls with  long hair and sweet smile instead of a petite boy with an owl-like-eyes.

And Kyungsoo's pure heart can only break in silence. How unfortunate.

He can still remember  when Jong In first asked him to meet his first girlfriend. It was their last year in the middle school when he asked him if it's okay to date Jinri , the beautiful girl in th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter