final

It's all about perspective

-3rd POV

Everyone was blissfully oblivious to the fact that the two top-notch stars are still very much in great contact with one another. Maybe it was the fact that they have gotten so good at hiding themselves from the ever-so-nosy public eyes, maybe it was the power of the press and media-play, or better yet, it was a combination of the two and a bit from their respective work. It really did work out relatively well, though, a few disappointments like having to always look behind to see if they were being followed or spotted by chance, and there were times when they were all-to-consumed with their individual work to see one another, these are of course the inevitable misfortune that comes in hand with fame and valuing their privacy. It wasn’t so much that they were lying to the public, rather they’re simply lucky and smart enough to be a few steps ahead of everyone else and thus were able to avoid public confrontation.

The handsome man at hand, stroll quite leisurely, especially for someone who has just been release from his military-serving and is currently on every billboard of South Korea. He was dressed in quite a number of layers to disguise himself and it seems to work marvellously with the current season they were in. It takes him about ten-minutes or so to get from his place to hers, and lesser as the day begins to sleep, hence why they usually meet up at night time, that plus the added the security of blending into the night. This is actually only their second time meeting since his release, their first was right after he was release but that ended all too quickly for his likings, with him handing her a bouquet and their soft exchange of “I missed you” and the awkward “how are you?”, which really was just another way of asking if there was anyone else. Thankfully for the two, there really wasn’t anyone.

In the opposite direction, a beautiful woman lean against the railings of her balcony rather absently as she eyes the streets from above. She was still mulling over their last encounter, specifically how emotionally unprepared she was when suddenly he was only inches away from her. She vividly remembers the familiar hint of apples and cinnamons and a new lingering smell of gun powder, which seems to occupy her mind for quite some time right after their hug ended. Thinking back to how she had handled herself made her want to scream and quickly bury herself underneath a rock or moreover; her soft covers. She did not poise herself with the calmness and elegant posture she so dedicatedly drilled in her mind for over a year, as she had planned, rather she stood there and gawk at his presence. She remembers being at awed by his new sense of confidence, there was something in his aura that screamed ‘power’, and she, along with everyone else now, seems to fall even deeper with his alluring persona. It’s quite frustrating because when he’s with her, she can’t seem to think coherently, but it’s even worse when he isn’t there, because then he has the audacity to takes up permanent residency in her mind, leaving her no room for anything else. She couldn’t say that during the time he was absent there hadn’t been anyone else, because the simple truth was that there was, though, what she so decidedly labelled as ‘potential’ with a heavy question mark. She was all too aware at the fact that she was still very much hung up on him and even though they ended on good terms with quite sufficient closure, there was still something in the air that she couldn’t pin-point, it was extremely mind-boggling at the time but acted as her driving force, hence why she worked so much that period. It definitely was what made the attempts of her many suitors fail miserably in entrapping her attention.

She wouldn’t admit it to anyone but during the time he was absent, she felt like a part of her was missing, as cliché as that sounds. For the two years he was away, there was an invisible void in her that no one could fill; it made her feel dull, almost as if she merely existed rather than living. Of course there were times when she forgot the about the void during her small but precious time-off to spend with her family. The innocent smile of her niece and nephew, the roaring laughter of her dad and sister as they watch some comedy show on TV, these are the instances where she forgot all about the hardship she faced and still face, the river of tears and sweat from the obstacles she had to overcome. Now that she thinks about it, with him, it wasn’t has if all her troubles simply vanished or anything, no, it was him acting as her pillar, her outlet. She honestly appreciated him so much for being her support and is extremely pleased that she could do the same for him.

Sender: Monkey-King

Your heart has arrived, my princess.

 

She cracks a smile at the text she just received. He had always been charming but it seems this new persona of his would be the improved version of him. She likes it; she likes him.

Opening the door of her apartment; revealing the striking face that haunted her dreams for the course of two years.

“Your heart wanted to reunite with his everything.” The words flowed like water under a bridge; smooth and pure.

“Good because his everything can’t seem to live without her heart.” The exchange may sound playful and the antic: enduring, but for the pair it’s a route to happiness.

After their short banter, she pulls him in and head towards the balcony. He settles on one of the grey patio chair while setting up some mid-night snacks he had gotten on the way, whereas she busied herself with two cups and some napkins. Just like that they talked about current events, random things, teased each other, and simply enjoy the presence of one another.

“How was it, really?” he asked after a moment of silence.

She turns to look at him.

“Come on, one of us had to mention it,” it’s true; one of them had to say it.

“Not awful, but… simply as if I was just a body without a soul” she struggled a bit as to how to describe her feelings into words.

“I’m sorry.” He says, now staring at her with so many emotions in his expressive eyes that it gave her small whiplashes.

“Don’t be. It showed me that you’re quite important to me,” she assures him and tries to lighten the mood.

“What about you? News has it that you were rather occupied, especially the new fondness for a certain group.” She teases but the underlying playfulness wasn’t thick enough to cover her jealousy and general wonderment.

“Entertainment; their songs are very light-hearted. It fills the loneliness and blinds the worriment, nothing more, nothing less.” He explains with a smile.

She arches an eyebrow for further explanation.

“You’re not the only one finding out just how special a person can be…” he pauses and if the meaningful glance that he tossed in her direction was of any indication, she’ll be pleasantly surprised by the significance of his next word.

“Essential,” a breath is caught in the back of when he whispered the word.

It wasn’t the word that struck out to her. It wasn’t the fact that she held the same notion. It’s the way his eyes bore into hers, with a sort of warmth that triggers an innate feeling of security, innocents, and almost love.

She forces herself to break-free from his entrapping gaze and soon finds herself captivated with a building near-by.

“An incredible love story is just as subjective as everything else in this world. No one truly has it but yet everyone experiences it. I think for me, my incredible love story would lie in the happily ever after of passing-on in the arms of…” he looks uncertain as he deciphers the right choice of word; whether to finally voice his deepest desire.

Not a moment sooner, the lady in answer took an internal plunge in the confidence-well and hoses him up along with her, where she wraps her arms around his neck; which ultimately lowers his head further enough to her tip-toe standstill. She crushes their lips together. It takes him not a second sooner to circle his arms around the slim of her waist, leaving no spaces between them, all the while returning just as much passion as he’d received.

Due to the lack of oxygen and her, finally, making her point, she pulls back with him looking as just dazed as she was. The delicacy of her finger-tips played such a mesmerising trick along the nape of his neck and the occasional lingering of her fingers in his hair had him tightening his hold on her, as if he’s afraid she’ll disappear or break if he lets go. The sensation of their current atmosphere was definitely driving him insane, though slowly.

“You snapped” he smiles and she can almost feel the smugness that wants to detonate out of him. She holds back the urge to roll her eyes, but fails to hide her smile.

“You don’t get to make me swoon with so little effort” she lectures, leaning her forehead against his in-order to mask her blooming smile.

“I just know you too well” he tease, earning a small swat on his shoulder.

“Just for the record, I for one do not want an epic love story” she says, now looking deep into his eyes. His eyebrows raises up ever-so-slightly.

“Oh?” a pregnant pause follows.

“I just want you”, ‘with no ends and no beginnings’ was the implication.

“Silly goose…when was I never yours?” she giggles at his query. She found him looking too cute tilting his head just a fraction of the left when he questioned her, and so couldn’t bring herself to do anything other than taking in the moment.

“Will you really have me even if I can’t give you an incredible love story?” the solemn tone of his voice clarified his seriousness.

“You said incredible love stories are subjective, so as long as you’re willing to stay, it’ll be prefect”, she whispers, leaning into him.

“How does forever sound?” he ask, inching his lips just a breath away from hers.

“Not long enough…but it’ll do”, she seals their fate as lips to lips are the promises for lovers.

 

 

3 years later

 

“Baby…?” she whispers softly, just low enough that only he could hear as they’re in a relatively public lobby waiting for their plane.

“Hmm…” he muffles a groan into the crook of her neck and tightens his arms around her waist.

“You’re giving the paparazzi a field-day, darling”, her warmth of her whisper sends what could only be described as an electric-like sensation jotting down his spine.

“What can I say: I’m a pretty generous man.” She feels his smirk against the exposed skin of her neck.

“You’ve been plenty generous ever-since the public announcement…and even more-so yesterday”

“I didn’t hear any complains yesterday and you certainly weren’t opposed to it last night”, he teases, still not moving away from her and instead embraces her more tightly.

“Yes, well I had something else on my mind”, she answers and if he moves to look at her now, he’d see the warm glow that brushes along the ample of her cheeks.

“I know I was there and will be there forever”, he says gently as he pulls his face from the crook of her neck but still holding her securely against him.

“What am I going to do with you? Mister Sweet talk?” she asks, snaking her arms loosely around his neck.

“Maybe…” he pauses for the dramatic effect as he pretends to think for a suggestion.

“Take me back to your place and have your nefarious ways with me?” he shamelessly proposes along with an innocent smile.

“Tsk tsk…I’ve married an old shameless and forgetful man…you had your nefarious ways with me last night and some devilish ones this morning, if I remember correctly”, she retorts.

“It was our wedding night…it was mandatory”, he reasons, with an adorable pout, which he knew full-well was one of her weaknesses. He’s definitely used it more than once to his advantage and will probably continue to do so until he finds a more effective technique to render her soft. She scoffs at his antic.

“And…this morning?”

“Beautiful”

“You’re incorrigible…” she mutters, swatting his chest.

“But you love me”

“Unfortunately”

“Great; I’ll be your lovable dork of a husband and you just be my ‘love-of-my-life’ wife. How does that sound?”

“Our incredible love story”