MY MOTHER’S SOFT SIDE

To Youngmin And My BABY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I could barely understand why all these things needed to happen at the same day. Umma who detested me so much and now Youngmin who left us for a girl, this was giving me so much head ache. I walked to the garden of the hospital and tried to think of any happy memories I had with my son.

“Jiyeon?”

My thoughts were disturbed when a guy spoke. I looked up and was surprised to see Minwoo.

“Minwoo-sshi?” I stood up.

“It’s been how many years since we last met in school? How are you?” He asked too surprised seeing me.

“I’m still me nothing changed. What about you?”

He smiled. “Well” He rubbed his nape. “I’m so lucky that I found a good work abroad but I still went home whenever I got free time.” He asked me to sit and so I did.

“What brought you here then?”

He inhaled deeply and exhaled. He stretched his arms to relax before he spoke. “You know Minam noona right?” he asked looking at the girl who was walking with her mother.

I shifted my eyes to him. “Ne wae?”

“She asked me to visit the hospital from time to time for the fast recovery of my best friend.” He turned his eyes to me. “Jiyeon-sshi, Youngmin encountered a heavy accident 3 years ago. We thought we’ll never see him alive anymore but good Lord gave him another chance.” He sighed and returned his eyes to the little girl. “Youngmin wasn’t telling me anything but before his accident, he had been wasting his life. He went to so many bars just to drink alcohols. But he never let any girl touched him. And there was one time when I heard him shouting your name while crying. I guess he’s madly in love with you.” He chuckled and stood up. “So do you want to go with me and see him?”

My heart and brain was in chaos with the story I heard. “Minwoo-sshi I already saw him before I went here.”

“Really?”

I nodded. “But-but I felt like he never recognized me at all.”

“He had amnesia after the accident because something hit his head. That’s why we’re helping him to recover. I’m helping him so that he would be able to remember everything he needs. I need to go. Do you want to go too?”

“I’m sorry but I don’t think this is the right time to meet him.”

“Then I gotta go.” He said good bye and left.

 

I stared at the sky not wanting to cry. Youngmin was thinking of me? But what about the girl he chose over us? And even once he never showed his face to us. But why should he drown himself to so much alcohol? And where was that girl too? It looked too vague that I needed more information so that I would be able understand these things. But I already have my own family. And for sure he would never let me enter his life too. That would be better so that he could start a new life.

Appa was walking to my direction so I stood up and waited for him.

“Jiyeon” He spoke.

“Deh?” I felt that something was wrong the moment he spoke. “What’s the matter appa?”

“Would you please look after your mother first?”

“Ne”

“Kumawo” He started to walk away not saying anything where he was going. I just went back to umma’s room and sat on the couch.

She was sleeping as I stared at him and what happened earlier suddenly entered my mind. I walked towards her bed this time not planning to touch her.

“I’m so sorry umma. It was all because of me that you’re suffering.” I knelt and cried. “If only I could turn back time and listen to what you told me not to go to the party then we won’t be like this. I may be able to take care of you and appa. But I was given a wonderful child that he became the center of my li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter