end

Give Love On Christmas Day

--

The shiba inu-resembling girl groggily rubs her eyes in response to the long-haired figure on her practically shaking her out of her mind. The room is dark and she isn't sure if it's nighttime, early daytime, or the lights are turned off, but she's sure of one thing: the devil's incarnate is in front of her showing something she probably found out while wandering around the backyard and she has approximately five (5) seconds to sit up and make a coherent sentence and hope that it makes sense.

"I know, I know. The pizza rolls were exceptionally good last night."

Nice save, Eunwoo smiles to herself.

"What?"

Eunwoo's eyes went from slits to full round marbles as soon as Siyeon's remarkable high pitched tone change to a tone that she doesn't usually use.

--

"So.." Yaebin breaks the silence at the dinner table. Everyone gathered up all in smiles except for two people sitting at complete opposite directions of each other evading eye contact with one another. 

"So." Siyeon replies, still retaining the tone she used with Eunwoo a little while back.

"So is anybody gonna tell me why Eunwoo is pressing an ice pack against her cheek? You've got a few minutes 'til the baked mac is ready and I'm not gonna let anyone eat without things getting cleared up."

"Because, you see, Nayoung--"

"-- only Nayoung?"

".. sorry, I meant, you see, Nayoung-unnie," Siyeon emphasizes while rolling her eyes at the older girl who reciprocates the same action. "Some person doesn't know what day it is today."

"Just that for a smack on the head? I don't even know what day it is either--"

"Seungyeon, finish your food." Minkyung shoots a look at Seungyeon.

"But there's no food--"

"Just, shush. And Siyeon, continue."

"That's all there is to the situation. Case closed."

The rest of the girls look at each other nervously as Siyeon takes her quiet (and quite dramatic) leave.

--

"Kyulkyung, you gotta help me."

"Eunwoo, the only way we're gonna solve this problem is by remembering what you and Siyeon did on this day the last few years for her to stop acting like a ing child."

But she is a child, was all that Eunwoo could think of.

"I couldn't remember anything as soon as I woke up, and I certainly can't remember anything else now that she planted a bump on my face."

"Well I can't remember anything else you guys did either because I'm not the one who has a stupid crush on her." Spoken like a true person rejected by Eunwoo.

"Correction, a massive, stupid crush on her." Eunwoo adds insult to injury both intentionally and unintentionally.

"You dork. Maybe we could get help with Kyungwon-unnie."

"Wait, of all the people, her? Seriously? Minkyung-unnie would've been a better pick--"

"So are we going to pacify demon baby Siyeon or are you gonna sleep on the couch tonight?"

"We're going to pacify the baby, yes ma'am."

--

"This day?"

"Yeah." Kyulkyung flatly replied. Eunwoo blinks. Kyungwon blinks back.

"What happened on this day?"

"For the love of g-- yes, Yuyu-unnie, yes, on this day." Kyulkyung uses up a life's worth of patience just to bring things to a happy end once and for all.

"Well, first thing's first, what date is it today?"

"December 25th."

"And that means it's.."

"CHRISTMAS! IT'S CHRISTMAS DAY, NO WONDER--"

Before Kyulkyung and Kyungwon could react, Eunwoo had already rushed out of the room.

--

"Siyeon? Siyeon!" Eunwoo calls out, the biggest smile on her face. She gets greeted with confused looks from the other girls who swore they just saw her nearly sulking at the dinner table.

Just as Eunwoo was about to ask about Siyeon's whereabouts, the girls point to the room they share.

"Oh, thanks! Of course she would be there, where else would she be.."

"She was outside a while ago expecting you to come soon but apparently your dumb can't remember what it is today so she set her expectations a bit lower and went to your room instead." Kyla reasons out. "She was pretty bummed out. Did you finally find out what's up?"

"Yeah, it's--"

"The day you told her she liked you and also the day she started gushing to me about how her long time crush just did the impossible, yeah."

"Wait, how did you know?"

"She spills tea to the people she trusts the most."

"She doesn't spill it to me?"

"Why the hell would she fangirl over you when it's you she's talking about?"

--

One knock. Two knocks. Three knocks. Consecutive knocks. Gentle knocks.

"Siyeon?"

Eunwoo is greeted with silence.

"Siyeon, open the door."

The silence is just as cold as the season.

Looks like I'm going nowhere with this.

Eunwoo backs up a few steps and gets her game face ready. As unathletic as she is, desperate times call for desperate measures, so she needs to do what needs to be done: knock the door down. She rolls up the sleeves of her favorite Christmas-print sweater (and tugs on it slightly because she felt the cold wind against her skin), and readies her momentum. One, two, three--

WHAM!

--

And Eunwoo wakes up for the second time, this time, to a blinding light that made her head ache more, and to the rest of the members, minus Siyeon.

"Finally, you're awake." Nayoung lets out a sigh of relief.

"And just who told you to give yourself a concussion?" 

"Kyulkyung, I swear the door looked like it could be easily opened at the time."

"No, the door was hard, and to make things worse, it was unlocked, so you didn't need to go all heroic. You got Siyeon through a rollercoaster of emotions today."

"Right! Where is she-- ow," Eunwoo's attempt to sit up quickly from the hospital bed failed, leaving her lying back down.

"Calm down, she just said you had a concussion, didn't she? Now stay put and we'll get Siyeon for you-- oh, there she is." Yebin spots the younger girl, and in an instant, the rest of the members make their way out of the room, leaving the problematic couple to themselves.

"Good luck!" Yewon flashes Eunwoo a thumbs up before shutting the door.

Eunwoo smiles and nods slightly before her smile fades away as she locks eyes with Siyeon again. She isn't sure if she should feel nervous or if she should be expecting an apology of some sort.

"Right, so.." Eunwoo says softly, trailing off to bring herself to words.

"I'm sorry I acted up this morning and I'm sorry that I had to make things worse at the dinner table and I'm sorry that I waited for you outside and I'm sorry--" Siyeon stops for a while before catching her breath. Tears start to form in her eyes, all for an apology that she isn't even done with yet.

"Calm down, breathe." Eunwoo lags behind but stays gentle and calm, which pushes Siyeon to completely tear up and sob. Eunwoo doesn't know what to do.

".. uhm.. yeah, you could come here and cry. I can't quite sit up yet."

Siyeon sniffs. "Ok-- okay, wait." She wipes her tears and moves closer to Eunwoo, cradling the older girl's head in her arms before she ends up being the one cradled as she proceeds into a sulk in Eunwoo's neck. Siyeon starts muttering incoherent strings of words, continuing her apology in detail of what happened during the incident and how sorry she is. Eunwoo, on the other hand, isn't sure if she should continue making sense of what Siyeon is saying because it's making her headache a lot worse, but she lets Siyeon go off anyway.

As soon as Siyeon stops whispering and her crying subsides, Eunwoo loosens her wrap around Siyeon.

"I-I'm just sorry for every-everything, you know." Siyeon wipes one last tear from her eye.

And now Eunwoo doesn't know if she should take Siyeon seriously as she looks more apologetic in front of her compared to her "reflecting" when PLEDIS Staff gives her a scolding.

"It's okay."

Siyeon finally lets out a smile.

"I can't understand a thing anyway."

Siyeon was about to send Eunwoo straight to heaven with another slap but decides to keep it in and smile more.

"I don't even know why I like you. Anyways, here's what I was holding a while ago, because I'm pretty sure you didn't see it being rubbed in your face while you were waking up," Siyeon takes out a crumpled -- and almost destroyed -- mistletoe. Eunwoo just stares at the mistletoe.

"If you just knew what day it is today and replied something that made sense then my plan of hanging this mistletoe just above my head would've worked and I could've coaxed you into kissing me." Siyeon lets out a chuckle.

It takes half a minute for what Siyeon practically rapped out to sink into Eunwoo's deteriorating brain. "Oh," she says in indifference.

Siyeon looks like she's about to cry again.

"Oh!" Eunwoo exclaims with much more excitement. She just knows what buttons to press to make the spoiled brat happy.

"So, can we forget everything that happened today.. and let me do a double take of my cheesy plan that's not a plan anymore now that I've explained to you in full detail what I'm about to do to you?"

"You make it sound like you're gonna do something bad to me."

And Eunwoo proceeds to give Siyeon a kiss on the forehead.

And although Siyeon really wanted something else, Eunwoo's kiss was enough to brighten her mood.

--

"What's with you, Siyeon? Why are you all smiley today? I swear, you're having mood swings again--"

"Whyyyy dooon't youuuu give looooove on Chriiiiiiiiistmas daaay," Siyeon belts out before singing the second voice, "Christmas daaaay~", in a much softer voice, to signify that she's trying her best to sing both voices of the song.

"Let me guess. You finally kissed Eunwoo." Kyla doesn't even look up from her phone.

"Well, the goal of kissing her lips wasn't met, but she kissed me on my forehead, which counts as a kiss, so it's fair enough." Siyeon brags before proceeding to sing another line of the dreaded song she was singing to previously.

"You know, I don't even know why she likes you, but it seems like she can tolerate you, so do whatever."

"I can bet you I'm doing whatever to her once I turn into an adult," Siyeon winks. "Just seven more days to go, you know?"

Nayoung sped up from the back of the group to Siyeon and whacked the living hell out of her.

"Great, now you made them a match made in hell."