Final

You're my everything (For Life) - an alternate ending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Today I'll hold you in my arms."

———

Tender yet jittery hands came up to smooth down his suit for the umpteenth time, the sound of the constant chatter in the background not helping his skittish behavior. He was about to run his hands through his hair again when he felt a sudden hand pat him on the shoulder.

Chanyeol chuckles at his dongsaeng's nervousness. "Jesus Jongin, calm down will you? Stop being so nervous,"

"But hyung!!! My wedding is today, I can't help it."

The tall man sighed at this. Jongin has always been someone who's unconfident with himself, that's why he can't help but feel nervous about today. This is a big day for him and he just wanted everything to go well... Jongin just wants to hear Kyungsoo say "I do." with him.

Jongin's head was bowed in shame, he knows that he shouldn't worry too much- that Kyungsoo loves him with all his heart - and yet he keeps doubting himself like this.

"Ow!"

Jongin's head instinctively shot up when he felt the sudden sting of pain on his forehead.

"Don't be stupid Jongin," Chanyeol gives him a look. "He loves you, You love him. You're one big happy family-"

The younger punched his arm.

"Damn okay okay! All I'm saying is that you shouldn't worry too much. He said yes to you remember? He loves you does he not? Honestly all you have to worry about is your pants ripping in the middle of the ceremony."

"HYUNG!" Jongin whined, reaching out for something to throw at Chanyeol to stop.

Chanyeol immediately stepped back and held both his hands up while laughing, "I'll stop I'll stop."

"You better," Jongin grumbled indignantly.

"Well," Chanyeol clasped his hands together. "I better go now or Baekhyun's going to eat me alive for taking so long."

Jongin snickers, "Doesn't he usually do that though?" It was now Jongin's turn to tease his hyung.

To his surprise, Chanyeol only smirks. "If anything, it's ME eating him."

"Oh my God can you just leave-"

Jongin was about to throw the pen he grabbed but Chanyeol was already out the door the moment he raised his hand.

"I can't believe I lived with him for ten years, how did I even survive."

———

"We are gathered here today, to celebrate one of life's greatest moments, the joining of two hearts and to give recognition to the worth and beauty of love, and to add our best wished to the words which shall unite this couple in marriage. Should there be anyone who has cause on why this couple should not be united in marriage, speak now or forever hold your peace."

The priest's words resonated through the room. The question hanging in the air but no one dared to speak up. When no one did answer, the priest continued his statements.

"Today we have come together to witness the joining of these two souls. For them, out of the routine of ordinary life, the extraordinary has happened. They met each other, fell in love and are finalizing it with their wedding. A good marriage must be created. It is never being too old to hold hands. It is remembering to say I love you every day and it s not just marrying the right person, it is being the right partner for the other."

Jongin stared long into the eyes of his lover, who is withholding that beautiful smile of his that never failed to reassure him that everything would be alright. God, he couldn't believe he's actually marrying this man. They were facing each other, waiting for the moment that the priest would allow them to state their vows.

"You may now state your vows."

"I, Kim Jongin, take you DO Kyungsoo to be my husband. I promise to cherish you and care for you. I will be the one who will love you and stay by your side throughthe cinter mornings and long lonely nights. You're the one who made the darkness in my life change ever since you came into it, ever since I saw you that one day in the library. Today, I'll hug you tightly and give you my heart and my soul. E-even if I'm born again, I can't be with anyone but you, Kyungsoo." Jongin chokes back a sob, the tears in his eyes slightly blurred his vision. "You're my everything, for life." He ends his vow with a loving smile, that captivated Kyungsoo so so much.

Kyungsoo couldn't stop the tears springing from his eyes, the love of his life was in front of him, offering his heart- his whole being to him. He just couldn't believe this was happening, but he couldn't be more thankful that it is. He took a deep breath before answering back.

"I, DO Kyungsoo, take you Kim Jongin to be my husband. I promise to cherish you and care for you. Jongin, no matter what might come our way, we're in this thing together okay? I will never let you go, you who wakes up next to me with the stubble that makes my skin itch, you who makes me smie everytime you laugh. All I want to do Kim Jongin, is to spend my every second with you. I'll be right here with you too, for life."

After Kyungsoo's last word, a sob was heard from the audience that was accompanied by a loud clap that made everyone stifle a laugh.

Jongin's hand reached out for Kyungsoo's, his eyes never leaving the other's. He can see directly how the corner of his lover's eyes crinkle in a cute way, his squishy cheeks that stands out when he smiles. Everything about him just screamed perfection, and he thinks how much he falls in love with a bit more each time.

He lets his thumb caress Kyungsoo's palm, not knowing how much the action actually comforted the other.

The priest then continued the ceremony. "Jongin, do you take Kyungsoo to be your husband, to live together in marriage? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, and forsaking all others, be faithful only to him, for as long as you both shall live?"

Jongin then gives Kyungsoo a gentle squeeze, "I do."

"Kyungsoo, do you take Jongin to be your husband to live together in marriage? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health and forsaking all others, be faithful only to him so long as you both shall live?

"I do."

"Wedding rings are an unbroken circle of love, signifying to all the union of this couple in marriage. Now give these rings to each other and say after me."

Jongin then takes Kyungsoo's ring from the priest and took the latter's left hand. He gently secures the ring on Kyungsoo's ring finger and smiles triumphantly at him. Kyungsoo shook his head lightly at the younger's actions but didn't deny the smile that kept invading his face.

"Kyungsoo, wear this ring, as a sign of my love and loyalty. With the promise that I will always love you, cherish you and honor you all the days of my life."

Afterwards, Kyungsoo does the same thing. "Jongin, wear this ring, as a sign of my love and loyalty. With the promise that I will always love you, cherish you and honor you all the days of my life."

The priest takes charge once again and announced with a loud voice, "I now pronounce you as a wedded couple, you may now have your first kiss as newly weds!"

Kyungsoo felt himself get yanked forward and was met with a pair of loving plush lips. He responded immediately, he own lips pressing back against the sweet glide of his lover's. When they finally pulled away, their foreheads were leaning onto each other. And with an intertwining of their hands Jongin whispers, "I love you."

Kyungsoo couldn't help but reply softly, "I love you too." He leaned in once more, his eyes fluttered close and pressed a gentle peck on Jongin's lips. "so much."

———

"Jongin put me down!!!!"

Kyungsoo struggled as he was carried away to their bedroom. He just got home from work when Jongin suddenly pounced on him, grabbing him by the waist and hauling him over his shoulder. It was pretty easy considering Kyungsoo's small frame.

The younger just let out a chuckle, proceeding to open the door using his right hand. He walked over to their shared bed and practically threw Kyungsoo down, he retaliated by throwing a pillow aimed at Jongin's face.

It hit a bullseye.

" it hit my eye!"

Kyungsoo cackled evilly. "That's what you get for carrying me like a pig you baffoon."

Jongin threw his arms in mock surrender. "Okay, okay I'm sorry. I just wanted to spend time with you," he stalked over to the older and sat next to him on the bed, clasping his hands together nervously.

"You barely spare me a glance anymore when you get home from work. I get that you're exhausted and all- I am too being a choreographer but-"

He heaved out a deep sigh and startled a bit when Kyungsoo held his hand.

"You miss me don't you?" The older asked softly, no teasing laced in his words.

Jongin blushed a bit at the accusation. He ducked his head down, "Y- yeah I do... It's just you're busy and I'm busy so sometimes I feel like we're neglecting each other. And I'm just, I'm just scared because we're only a few months into our marriage and I'm scared of ruining it."

He felt Kyungsoo's thumb carress his hand, the same way he did during their wedding ceremony.

"Jongin," Kyungsoo called out, "I know how you feel. To be honest with you I think about this sometimes. But I feel that it would just make things awkward between us. And now that you've opened it up to me I guess it's time to sort this out. I'm sorry I've been so invested in work lately. It's just been pretty hard for me but I would want you to know that I don't ever want you to feel this way again okay? I'll make it up to you." He scooted closer to the younger, feeling apologetic and guilty for what Jongin is feeling.

"It's my fault too. Don't blame it entirely on yourself, I know how your job is important to you. I've been lacking just as you are, I say let's just make it up to each other, alright? Maybe let's leave work for a week and go out of town for time with each other, would you like that baby?"

He saw Kyungsoo turning his head up at him, a smile appearing on his face. "Yes, yes I would love that."

———

A few months later

Jongin was snoring heavily in his sleep when he felt the sudden dip in the bed and a loud yell.

"Daddy! Daddy wake up! It's time to wake up!"

A hand was tapping his shoulder for numerous times and he decided to open his eyes. His vision was still slightly blurry from his sleep but he can see the small figure that was excitedly jumping on the bed, he knows that little angel well.

"Soomi, angel what are you doing up so early?"

The little girl stopped her antics and gave her daddy a big smile that made h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter