Final

Merry Christmas, I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After three years of living in his shabby old dorm, Luhan’s finally moving into a new apartment a couple blocks away from the University. Luhan is currently in his second year, he’s taking up Finance in one of Korea’s top University. Being the only child and having a family who own a successful business, he managed to make his parents agree to move in to a new place after they found out that Luhan ranked one in his department. They gave the apartment as their congratulatory gift to him. His new apartment is located on the second floor of their building with a bedroom, a bathroom and an enough space for his living room, dining and a tiny kitchen. Since Lu Han just moved in two days ago and he didn’t bring anything from his previous dorm, besides his clothes, everything is still spacious. There’s still no furnitures or appliances, not even a bed but thankfully the heater is already working since the weather is starting to drop low, and it’s starting to snow.

 

Luhan wakes up with a backache. Apparently, he is only using a thin foam bed for two nights already since he didn’t have the time to buy one last night due to an emergency meeting of their club and it was already late when he got home. But today, Luhan will spend his whole day buying all those important things he needed to and he asked his friends, Baekhyun and Yixing, to help him shop. Right now Luhan’s waiting for the two to arrive. They decided to meet at a little cafe in front of Luhan’s new apartment building, it is a small yet cozy coffee shop that’s full of festive decoration, a fresh christmas tree at the corner and Christmas songs are playing. Luhan smiles to himself, he just love the cozy Christmas vibes this shop gives him if only I’m with someone who I can cuddle with in times like this.

 

Just as he put the food he ordered on the table, two handsome guys enter the cafe. One of them is wearing all black, he looks cute but Luhan’s eyes are on the other guy who seems like a model, though he’s kinda snobbish. Luhan sits and begins eating. The same time, he opens his phone to check his mails hoping he can find an internet connection in this cafe, and just his luck, he found an open wifi named ‘Try ing Me’.

 

Wow this coffee shop may be the coziest I have ever been to but they have the strangest wifi name, but oh well as long as it’s free then I’m okay. Luhan reminds himself to update the telecompany regarding the wifi he ordered.

 

Few minutes after his two friends finally arrived, their plans of leaving around eight in the morning became nine since Baekhyun and Yixing came almost an hour late. The two guys had their quick breakfast while Luhan is starting to make a list of the things he needs to buy.

 

“For starter, I need a bed, a thick winter comforter, a couch, appliances for my kitchen and a table.” Baekhyun and Yixing only nods as they continue eating. “Also, we need to do grocery.” Luhan added.

 

Luhan continues writing but sometimes he let his eyes wander around the coffee shop until it lays on the handsome guy on the different table, and for a couple of times their eyes meet each other. Unknown to Luhan, his friend Baekhyun witnessed the failed flirting going on between him and the handsome guy on the next table.  

 

“Hyung we’re done let's go, stop flirting with him now” Baekhyun said a little louder which the guy from the other table heard. The younger earns a slap from Luhan but before they left the handsome guy waves at Luhan which the later also waves back.

 

“Flirting indeed,” Yixing said.

 

To say that their shopping was crazy is understatement. It was chaotic with Baekhyun being loud and demanding while Yixing’s too lazy and forgetful. It seems like Luhan brought his sons rather than his friends to help him. But at the end of the day, they still have bought everything they needed. They just finished assembling Luhan’s twin size bed and are now waiting for their take out so they can have their dinner.

 

“So do you know which floor does handsome lives?” Baekhyun asks and Luhan shrugs his shoulder.

 

“Well I’m not even sure if he lives in this apartment building or the other one next block.” Luhan said with a pout

 

“But do you want to know?” Baekhyun asks in a suggestive tone.

 

“Oh please Baek, not now I’m too busy fixing my house.”

 

After their dinner, Baekhyun and Yixing went home. It’s already late but thank goodness he doesn’t  have class tomorrow and the next day, since Luhan still couldn’t sleep, he decided to open his laptop to watch a movie he downloaded before he left his old apartment. Suddenly, Luhan’s kakao app on his laptop dings.

 

“How? I don’t even have a wifi,” Luhan is surprised but who can say no to a free wifi. He checks the name of the open wifi and it is the same name, Try ing Me. Hurriedly, Luhan checks the coffee shop in front, it’s only then he finds out that it’s a twenty-four hour coffee shop. Quickly, he opens google chrome and a torrent site which he always visit to download movies, Christmas movies just in time for the season.

 

That night, he downloaded two movies, Love Actually and The Holidays, while at the same time listening to his favorite classic Christmas songs by Nat King Cole. Luhan suddenly became motivated, so instead of watching the movie he downloaded days ago, he decided to arrange his room the whole night. Luhan don’t need to change his wall color since he loves the white paint on it, making his room looks cleaner and neat. He starts by fixing his clothes in the built-in cabinets, then he assembles his two side tables and also his desk. On his left side table he put two photo frames, one frame is a photo of Baekhyun, Yixing and him, while the other frame is a photo of him and his parents. Also his limited edition pure silver Rubik's cube that his parents gave him during his sixteenth birthday. While on his right side table, he place his lampshade, and the book he’s currently reading. Since it is Christmas season Luhan starts reading the book Lily and Dash's Book of Dares. Luhan focused on his work that he forgot about the time. When he checked his new clock, it’s already three in the morning and by the time he’s already done cleaning, he has also finished downloading a couple of Hallmark Christmas movies.

 

Luhan smiles at how productive he was tonight. Just like his bedroom, his living room and kitchen walls are painted white. However, to contrast the paleness of his apartment he uses a curtain that has red and gold. Now his room looks so cozy with all his new furnitures, white comforter, and the firelights he hanged around his window curtains. It’s perfect for cuddling. Luhan suddenly blushes as he imagine him and that handsome guy earlier cuddling on his bed during a snowy night.

 

If it’s not because of the constant ringing of his door, Luhan might be still asleep right now. When he checked his watch, it is already one in the afternoon.Quickly, he opens the door and he’s facing a very pissed off staff from the furniture shop they went to yesterday. Apparently, they have been ringing his doorbell for almost fifteen minutes now. Luhan quickly apologizes, then guides them inside his house. The team delivers his new white L couch, glass center table, and his four seater dining table. With all the furniture inside, Luhan realized how small his place became but still he loves everything about it. Before Luhan could finish arranging his furnitures, his door bell rings again and this time his appliances are delivered. Luhan smiles in glee the moment he saw his flat tv, his small size refrigerator, and his new gas range. Suddenly he felt a little dizzy and his stomach starts rumbling. He remembers he haven’t eaten anything yet, and it’s already three in the afternoon, so he decided to have a quick late lunch at the same cafe he went to yesterday. He also hopes that he could meet the handsome guy again.

 

Luhan unconsciously smiles when he notice that the handsome guy is at the coffee shop as well. He wants to go sit with him, and have a small chat, maybe he’ll get to know his name, then invite him in his apartment they will talk more until they end up cuddling in his new couch. Suddenly, Luhan blushes. However, after he noticed how tired and grumpy the handsome guy looks, Luhan disregards the idea he has in mind. Maybe I’ll approach him next time. Luhan told himself and went to buy some food for takeout.  

 

Just like the other night, Luhan went to sleep late to arrange all the things that was delivered earlier. Finally, everything’s already settled, the only thing he needs to do is to go to grocery, and buy some Christmas decoration for his house. He’s already on his bed now, Luhan took his laptop from his desk and checks his emails, wondering if there are some mails from his professor, but fortunately there is none so he decided to turn it off, and sleep. He’s too tired to function anyways.

 

It’s finally Wednesday, Luhan arrives in school earlier than usual. He headed first to Baekhyun’s locker to ask his friend to accompany him later after school to go the mall to buy Christmas decorations, a fresh Christmas tree, and to do some groceries. Around three in the afternoon, Baekhyun and Luhan left the school, since they only have four classes today.

 

“So tell me, any progress?” Baekhyun asks as they are looking for Christmas ornaments.

 

“Of what?”

 

“Of you and handsome guy, duh” Baekhyun said like it’s the most obvious thing in the world. Luhan shrugs his shoulder and continue checking the items.

 

“I saw him again yesterday but he didn’t notice me and he looked tired so I didn’t bother him,” he explains.

 

“But you want to talk to him?” Luhan nods.

 

“So bad Baek, I don’t know how to explain but there’s something about him that I really like. I might be too busy these past few days but, I can’t stop thinking about him and, to think we barely even talk to each other yet.” Baekhyun gives him a little hug and a little encouragement he knows his friends needs that alot these days. After having dinner and buying the decoration and fresh Christmas tree the two headed to the grocery.

 

Luhan went to the aisle where the pasta are located. He’s planning to cook spaghetti this weekend and hopefully by then he could invite handsome guy in his apartment. Luhan is swooning over the thoughts about handsome guy. As he continue looking for the perfect pasta to use, he saw a familiar figure, a tall guy with a broad shoulder. Luhan blushes, it’s his crush, he saw handsome guy at the same aisle and it looks like he’s looking for pasta. Without hesitation Luhan moves over to where the said guy is standing.

 

“Are you confused which pasta to pick?” Luhan asks him with a smile. Handsome guy looks at him for a while before he smiles back.

 

“Hey, hi it’s you,” he greeted him. Luhan couldn’t stop blushing, he remembers me damnit!  

 

“Yes, actually I don’t have any idea which one to buy. My mom just asked me to buy one,” the guy explains.

 

“Here let me help you pick the best one.” Luhan scans the shelf until he found the farfalle pasta he usually use. However, it is placed at the top of the shelf and he finds it hard to reach. Suddenly, Luhan feels like everything just stops, his heart starting to beat faster than before as handsome guy moves closer to him and helps him reach the pasta.

 

“Here let me help you” Luhan hear him says at his back. Luhan closes his eyes he cannot contain the sudden closeness. For days he had been imagining for something like this to happen, he can feel handsome guy’s breathe on his neck.

 

“Wh-what e-else? H-how about the s-sauce?” Luhan stutters.

 

“Well som-”

 

“Yah Sehun!” Both Luhan and handsome guy, who’s name is Sehun, look at the girl who’s shouting. Sehun quickly moves away from Luhan, while the girl runs toward Sehun holding cans of tomato sauce and tomato paste for the pasta. Luhan became silent and observes how the girl casually holds his arms. He couldn’t continue watching how the two look so sweet doing grocery together. It’s so domestic and Luhan cannot deny how jealous he is of the girl Sehun’s with.

 

“I’ve been looking for you the whole time. Thank goodness I found the tomato sauces, have you picked the pasta already Hunnie?” She asks. She’s maybe his girlfriend or wife, Luhan told himself. Without letting the other two know, Luhan left the aisle to find Baekhyun.  

 

“Hey what happened to you? You seem off since we’re at the grocery.” Baekhyun notices Luhan’s change of mood, they are now back at the latter’s apartment and currently resting at the living room. Luhan is checking his emails again and he also checks the torrent site that he usually download. This time he decided to download more Christmas movie. Just his luck, there’s a compilation of Christmas movie available on the said site. Luhan clicks the download torrent button and starts downloading the file not minding the 57.10 GB size.

 

“I met Sehun earlier.”

 

“Sehun who?” Luhan sighs, he is about to tell Baekhyun when the younger suddenly covers his mouth and gave him a knowing look.

 

“Oh my god you finally got his name!” Luhan told him about the pasta picking incident and Baekhyun claps in glee. However it’s the opposite of what Luhan really feels. The older began to pout which makes Baekhyun more concern.

 

“Uhm.. he was with his girlfriend, I guess, earlier.”

 

“Girlfriend? How do you say that she’s his girlfriend?”

 

“Well they look so close to each other. She called him nicknames and I don’t know, I just feel like they are together.”

 

“But what if you’re wrong? What if she’s just his friend, like best friends? Luhan don’t jump into a conclusion yet, not until Sehun told you that they are really in a relationship.” Baekhyun explained although he can’t deny that his heart still aches thinking what if he’s right. What if Sehun’s already dating someone else and his plan on inviting him over will never really happen?

 

That night Luhan sleeps with a heavy heart, everything happened too fast earlier. one minute Sehun’s just an inch away from him, next thing he saw Sehun with a girl. Luhan wipes his tears before he forces himself to sleep.

 

Just when Luhan thought yesterday’s event was worst, he is taking it back after he met Sehun in the school hallway on his way home. Holy crap! what is he doing here? Luhan’s not quite sure if Sehun notice him, as he hurriedly walk the moment he notice Sehun’s familiar figure. Luhan didn’t mind the freezing weather anymore, and walk his way out of school despite of the snow, afraid that he’ll accidentally met Sehun again.

 

Luhan wants a break. No, Luhan needs a break from that Sehun guy. Ever since he saw the guy last Sunday he couldn’t stop thinking about him. They are not even friends, but in the very short period of time he had caused too many emotions for Luhan. There are still a lot of things to do for Luhan, he still haven’t started decorating his apartment. The only thing that settled is the fresh Christmas tree th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter