In Between Sunshine Smiles and Chocolate Kisses

In Between Sunshine Smiles and Chocolate Kisses

The sound of the front door opening startled Jimin awake. He heard footsteps coming in the direction of the bedroom to reveal Yoongi with his backpack on one shoulder and a box of what looked like brownies in his right hand.

 

“Hey,” Yoongi greeted. “What are you doing here? I thought you were at dance practice,” he said curiously.

 

“We finished early,” Jimin yawned as he sat up and straightened his back. “How was class, hyung?”

 

The elder dropped his backpack to the floor and started towards the bed. “Good, actually. Usually the teacher’s such a but it looks like this time he was able to see how great my composition was,” he finished with a roll of his eyes as he laid down on the bed next to Jimin and gave him the box of brownies.

 

Jimin gave Yoongi one of his bright smiles, where his cheeks bunched up cutely and his eyes turned into the most adorable little crescents that almost made his eyes disappear, making Yoongi’s heart melt like a marshmallow in an open fire. “That’s awesome, hyung, you always work so hard on your compositions and every single one is beautiful. It was about time that awful teacher realized what an amazing composer you are.” Yoongi chuckled. “I’m serious! I heard you playing this last one and if he doesn’t give you an A I swear I’m gonna whack him in the head.”

 

“You can’t just whack my teacher in the head, Jimin,” Yoongi said with a small laugh. “He has a master’s degree and stuff.”

 

“Oh yeah? And when has that ever stopped me?” Jimin asked, his eyebrows raising and a playful tone to his words. There was the beginning of a smirk dancing on his lips.

 

Yoongi just let out a small, airy laugh. “Shut up,” he said as he pushed Jimin by the face but his smile betrayed him. Yoongi knew that Jimin wasn’t the type of guy you would want to see angry, much less have his anger directed at you. The younger once having punched a guy in the face after the latter insulted Yoongi for dating a man, said man being Jimin. But of course Jimin wouldn’t whack Mr. Choi in the head, what the heck.

 

“So, what are these for?” Jimin motioned to the box of brownies as he took one and gave it a big bite. “Hyung, are you trying to make me fat?” He frowned through a mouthful of brownie.

 

“I thought we could celebrate Mr. Choi finally getting his head out of his ,” Yoongi grinned while taking a brownie for himself. He shoved half the pastry into his mouth and closed his eyes as he let out a deep moan. “Heaven.” The word came out muffled thanks to the food in his mouth.

 

Jimin let a soft giggle escape his lips at his boyfriend’s antics.

 

“What?” Yoongi faced Jimin and furrowed his brows as he stopped munching. The black-haired male just kept giggling, the high-pitched sound similar to the one of bells. Yoongi finally swallowed, reiterating his question. “Whaaat?

 

“You got something on your face, hyung,” Jimin said with a mischievous smile as he leaned over and kissed the corner Yoongi’s mouth.

 

The elder just blinked at him. “Did you get it?” Wide eyes flickered from the brownie to Jimin’s face. Jimin laughed out loud and at that Yoongi thought that only an angel could create such a beautiful sound, make something so common and simple sound so wonderful to his ears; it was a melody incomparable to the ones Yoongi played on his piano and one that none of his compositions would ever come close to rival. Such a sweet and lovely sound directed at him, so heavenly and to be the cause of it – even if he didn’t know why – made his heart swell with pride and something warm akin to love.

 

Yoongi had been so enthralled by the melodic sound that he almost missed Jimin’s comment of “Oh my god, you are so cute.” Followed by a kiss on his unaware cheek.

 

“Yah! Don’t get smart with me!” He threw the younger a scandalized look as he put the rest of his brownie back on the box. “And I am not cute,” the elder said with a pout, putting the box to the side.

 

But Jimin couldn’t help himself, Yoongi was just too adorable. He booped Yoongi’s cute little button nose, saying “Boop” as he did and then proceeded to kiss the just as cute pout on his boyfriend’s lips before he could say anything. When the younger pulled away he barely had time to react to Yoongi’s wide smile because the elder was grabbing him by the middle and pulling Jimin to lay half on top of him. Jimin yelped and squealed at the sudden movement, not being able to hold back a giant smile at his boyfriend’s bold antics.

 

Jimin sighed, his smile softening as he drank in the sight of Yoongi’s sharp yet handsome features. He held himself up on his elbow as he ran a hand through the elder’s hair, the latter still with his hands firmly clasped around Jimin’s waist and their legs a tangled mess. “You dyed your hair black again,” Jimin stated as he carded his fingers through the soft strands.

 

“Yeah, well, I didn’t feel like going through the hassle of dying it again. Plus, it’s been some time since I’ve let it be its natural color.”

 

Years, more like.”

 

Yoongi hummed in response.

 

“I think I like it better this way,” the younger said with a grin.

 

“Me too.” He grinned back.

 

After some minutes of comfortable silence, the slightly shorter male (“It’s barely one centimeter, hyung, who cares?” “I do, but don’t worry, little one, I won’t treat you like you’re less.” “Wipe that smug grin off your face or I swear to god Min Yoongi, I’ll make you regret it!” “Woah, for such a short guy you sure are feisty.” “If you don’t shut up about it I’m gonna tell everyone that you wear Kumamon pajamas to bed.” “You wouldn’t.” “You wanna bet?” “Ugh, fine, I’m sorry.”) plopped himself on top of Yoongi and settled his face in the crook of the pianist’s neck, inhaling his soothing scent and happily drowning in it.

 

“You okay?” Yoongi closed his eyes, nose nuzzling into Jimin’s hair.

 

“Yeah, just a bit tired.” Jimin smiled, pulling away a little so he could have a proper look at the elder’s face. “Are you? You’ve been kinda quiet.”

 

“You render me speechless, Jiminie.” He smiled lazily.

 

“God, you are such a sap, hyung,” Jimin giggled, pressing their foreheads together.

 

“What have you done to me, Park Jimin?” Yoongi tried to act dramatic but he couldn’t help the small, breathy laugh that escaped him.

 

“Shut up, you love me,” smiling widely, Jimin swooped down for a kiss which Yoongi happily returned.

 

“Tragically, I do,” the elder replied, sighing dramatically as if it was a pain to love Jimin. Which it obviously wasn’t, with how Yoongi often searched for Jimin’s hand whenever he was close, or how he would shamelessly drape himself all over Jimin while still maintaining an impressively stoic expression despite Jimin returning the display of affection, only the slight rosy blush on his cheeks giving him away, or how Jimin’s mere presence would almost instantly bring a smile to his lips, as small as it may be. So no, being in love with Jimin wasn’t a pain in the slightest bit; it was the most amazing thing that could have ever happened to Yoongi. And with that thought in mind he leaned forward to capture Jimin’s lips once again, this time in a loving, much longer kiss.

 

Jimin tasted of the brownies they just shared with a hint of something so exceptionally Jimin. So soft and warm as they moved together in sync in a dance they knew so well thanks to years of practice. And as old as it may be, Yoongi could never get bored of it; each time was special in its own way, conveying a different mix of feelings that always left him breathless. It was like kissing the sun and tasting sunlight without ever getting burned. Yoongi always loved kissing Jimin, it was one of the very few things that he felt like he could do for the rest of his life without ever getting tired.

 

And Yoongi, well… He had a way of kissing Jimin that made him feel like they were the only ones in the universe. Like they could just fall into the void and disappear, get lost in each other without a care in the world. Jimin tilted his head slightly to deepen the kiss and found himself falling contentedly. Whether it was a heated make-out session, a deep and loving kiss or a simple peck, Yoongi managed to somehow make it a new adventure every time. However, Yoongi tasted like home; always faintly of coffee in a way that Jimin never failed to find endearing. It made Jimin feel safe, like he could fall seemingly endlessly yet Yoongi would always be there, either to catch him or to be by his side, falling.

 

Eventually, and to both of their disappointment, they had to pull away to breathe. As they caught their breaths, plump lips pressed chaste kisses to Yoongi’s own, the latter’s right hand having come up to cup the younger’s cheek while the left one was still secured around Jimin’s waist.

 

Sensing the tiredness seeping into Jimin with each softening kiss, Yoongi turned off the lights and pressed a final one to Jimin’s forehead, followed by a “Goodnight, Jiminie.”

 

“Goodnight, hyung.”