CHAPTER V

Living with Idols!

“Oh, Sueun-ie! JB hyung told us to come get you so we can all have dinner together.” Jackson smiled widely.


The three of them convened and made their way to the living room where the boys had set up small tables filled with a lot of food.


“It’s actually rare for all of us to eat here together at the dorm!” Youngjae added.


Sueun was surprised. “Really? Well I hope while I’m here, we can have a lot of meals together!”


Youngjae was rendered momentarily speechless because of the sudden sweet remark.


“Everyone, let’s eat well! It’s our first proper meal with Sueun-ssi!” Jaebum declared.


“Ah hyung! Sueun-ie said we can drop the formalities with her. We all agreed about it and she gets to call us oppa if she wants!” Yugyeom joyfully informed Im leader.


“Is that right, Sueun-ssi?” Jaebum reassured.


Sueun was already holding on to her chopsticks and about to take a piece of kimchi, “Huh? Oh nae! I actually started calling Jackson,   oppa.”


“Oh, you can actually do as you please then, Sueun-ah.” JB smiled. “I hope you’ll be comfortable with us!”


They all sat in a semi circle so the cameras have a good view of all of them. Yugyeom and Bambam sat next to each other on one side, while Sueun was between Jaebum and Jinyoung. Mark was on Jinyoung’s other side, then Jackson and Youngjae on the other portion of the semi circle.


“Youngjae mentioned that you guys rarely eat together here, is that true?” Sueun was chewing on her third kimbap.


“Ah, that’s true. We usually eat out or just during our shoots. Whatever we can get our hands on and wherever we are.” Jaebum explained. “We’d love it if we could be more like this but our schedule doesn’t usually allow it.” He seemed down.


“I’m sorry for bringing it up.” Sueun apologized.


The rest of the members had been eating cheerfully and conversing among themselves too.


“Eyy, it’s fine. Our JB hyung just loves it when we’re together like this!” Jinyoung butted in.


“Don’t worry, I’ll make it my personal goal to have more moments like this.” Sueun pumped her fist. “Er, well at least while I’m here.” She added.


Jaebum and Jinyoung both smiled at how Sueun was slowly fitting right in with them. They both think that they’ll all have fun while she’s here.


After finishing the hearty dinner, it was time to clean up, and Sueun didn’t even think twice as she began gathering the plates and bringing them to the sink.


“Ah, Sueun-ie that’s fine. I’ll make the maknaes clean up.” Jinyoung smirked at the three innocent maknaes who were fooling around at the table.


“What are you talking about? This is the least I can do!” Sueun shrugged.


“Everyone! We can’t let our Sueun be treated like this! Come on, let’s be like men and decide who does the dishes!” Jinyoung announced.


Sueun was taken aback but she planted herself by the kitchen sink anyway.


“Right! We decide like men!” Jackson said in full English.


“Yeah! Cause we’re men!” Youngjae also spoke the language.


“Aish, just throw already! We’re only playing rock paper scissors!” Mark said.


“Come on, Sueun-ah!” JB motioned for her to come over and play.


Sueun giggled then joined in.


“KA Whi BAI BO!” they yelled.


Soon after, Mark and Jackson lost so they made their way to the sink.


“Alright, MarkSon!” Jackson cheered even after seeing the pile of dishes.


“Everyone, this is how much utensils we use whenever we eat! It’s appalling!” Jackson talked to one of the cameras.


“Yah, stop saying things like that!” Mark laughed beside him.
Then inch by inch, it appears that Sueun still made her way back to the kitchen sink because she really wanted to help.


“Ah, Sueun-ssi do you need something?” Mark was the first to notice her.


“Sueun-ie! Waeyo?” Jackson also looked at her.


“Uh, can I help out?” She smiled shyly. “I don’t want to feel useless here.”


“Aigoo, our cute Sueun-ie!” Jackson chuckled. “Everyone, we are not forcing Park Sueun to do this. Please don’t hate us!” Jackson was still trying to get used to the cameras in their dorm so he liked to talk to them.


“Nae, I’ll just dry them off after these two handsome guys wash them.” Sueun joined in.


“So, Sueun-ah how is your stay in the Got7 dorm so far?” Jackson held the sponge as if MCing for a show.


“Nae, Mr. MC! It’s been a delight because they’ve all been so nice to me! I think it’s because they haven’t gotten used to me yet.” Sueun sounded a little more nervous.


“A-anni! We think you’re just fine!” Mark stated while he was rinsing some of the spoons.


“Right! Watch out for our solo idol, Park Sueun and see how she impresses everyone with her voice!” Jackson held the sponge one last time up his chin and some foam got to it.


Mark and Sueun saw everything and laughed. Instinctively, he held a hand up for a high five and Sueun managed to respond.


“Jackson oppa, daebak!” Sueun mentioned.


Jackson laughed and said, “Uh, waeyo?” Looking profoundly confused.


Afterwards, the members had all gone to bed and some were already asleep. Everyone in the dorm was like that, except for Sueun.


“Aish, well I expected something like this would happen.” She sighed to herself. It was already 12 midnight and she hadn’t gotten to sleep yet. “I really can’t sleep at once when I’m in a new environment.” She tried texting Hwayoung but she suspected that the manager was already fast asleep. “Maybe I’ll just try to read.” Sueun took out a book she had brought with her and opened it to her bookmarked page.