CHAPTER III

Living with Idols!

 

“Ah that’s okay! I-I can manage that! You guys might have something else to do.” Sueun herself went to the kitchen too.

 

“That’s silly! You’re our guest, and only JB hyung and Youngjae have to head out later.” Yugyeom pointed out as he produced the loaf bread.

 

“I’ll help out anyway.” Sueun smiled sweetly.

 

She stepped up to the small kitchen counter and scanned the ingredients they had. All the basics were there like tomato, lettuce, some cooked ham, and cheese. Sueun washed her hands and began stacking. 

 

“Kids, the crew also left us these standard cameras so we can make selcas.” Jaebum handed out seven other small cameras attached to monopods.

 

“Okay! Let’s all watch how Sueun makes a sandwich with whatever it is that we got in our dorm.” Jackson began.

 

“Hyung, don’t be like that! The fans will think we live pitifully in our dorm!” Youngjae laughed as he was holding on to his own camera.

 

Sueun laughed while she was finishing the sandwiches. JB had stepped close to Sueun and had sugested that they slice the sandwiches into triangles to distribute to everyone.

 

“Jaebum-ssi, I can do that.” Sueun insisted. “You should go prepare for your schedule.” Sueun tried to focus on the sandwiches but having a guy so close to her made her feel really weird. She actually expected this type of thing because she’d be staying with seven boys, but having them this close is a brand new experience for her.

 

Jaebum smiled, “I can prepare quickly, and I can’t let you do the work all by yourself.”

 

Somewhere deep inside Sueun, she wanted to faint because of JB’s smile and kindness. But there was also a nagging feeling that they were like this because there were cameras pointed at them.

 

“Guys, move on back to the living room so we can eat. It’s crowded here.” Jaebum announced as he was already slicing the sandwiches.

 

“I can’t wait for noona’s snack! It’s been a while since a girl prepared anything for us!” Yugyeom said excitedly.

 

“Yah if you say that, you’ll pressure her!” Bambam scolded. 

 

JB on the other hand has already been trying the sandwich. He had just bit into his own sandwich and was happily chewing. “They’re not bad, actually. Here, try it!” Instead of handing a whole sandwich to Sueun, he was pointing his own piece.

 

Without really thinking, Sueun took a bite anyway. “Yeah,they’ll do fine!” She agreed.

 

“Aish, hyung! That’s not fair, you’re getting ahead of us already!” Jinyoung grabbed JB and dragged him to the living room. “You have to be careful, JB hyung.” He whispered.

 

Sueun realized what she had done and froze for a second before she decided to shake it off and just bring the platter to the boys.

 

“Thanks, Sueun! We’ll eat it well!” Wang Puppy began munching.

 

After that, JB and Youngjae had to go to their scheduled activity so only Sueun, Mark, Jinyoung, Jackson, Bambam, and Yugyeom were left.

 

“I’m bored, what do you suggest we do?” Jackson whined.

 

They all sat on the floor and Mark was the only one on the couch. He seemed asleep but he has the habit of only closing his eyes but is actually listening in. Sueun sat between Jinyoung and Yugyeom.

 

“Oh, we can pretend that we’re doing Ask in a Box with Sueun!” Jinyoung blurted.

 

Sueun was familiar with the segment so when the maknaes asked her if she was cool with it, she nodded instantly.

 

“Okay! Let’s start with ‘we heard’!” Jackson stated. “We heard that you were scouted while you were singing in the park?”

 

Everyone’s except Mark’s attention was on Sueun. “It’s a bit embarassing but yes. I was actually singing there so I could earn some money.”

 

“Noona, why did you have to work so hard?” Yugyeom looked at her innocently.

 

“I wanted to help my parents because all we had was a small, run down restaurant.” Sueun looked down on her pale hands.

 

“Ah, don’t be embarassed! At this point, we really look up to you, Sueun!” Bambam interjected as he had his arm around Jackson.

 

“That’s right! I bet you’re helping a lot now that you’re singing on stages!” Wang MC added.

 

“Thank you for saying that!” Sueun smiled and hid a feint tear that made its way up her left eye.

 

“Sueun, you can ask us something too! It’s actually your turn now.” Jinyoung said matter-of-factly.

 

“Ah, I see.” Sueun nodded and thought. “I heard that it was JJ Project that debuted before Got7 was formed, uh was it hard to transition from JJP to Got7?” Sueun’s question was mainly directed at Park Jinyoung.

 

“Yaah, you really did your research huh?” Jinyoung sounded impressed. “Well it was fun when it was me and hyung, but when we were told that we’d be forming a seven member group, I was actually relieved. Me and Jaebum were really young then, so I was glad that we’d be debuting as a group!” Jinyoung narrated.

 

Meanwhile on the couch, a certain Mark Tuan was smiling to himself.

 

“We heard, that you were mentored by Ailee noona. How was that?” Jinyoung asked inquisitively.

 

Sueun blinked for a while then spoke, “That’s true. I called her eonni because she always looked out for me. She’s such a great singer, it was an honor to be taught by her.”

 

The boys looked thoughtful then Jackson spoke, “Wait, Sueun-ah, since we’re dropping the formalities, you can call us oppa! That’ll be really cute aahhh~!” He squealed.

 

“Nae, Sueun-ie! Wahh that sounds cute!” Bambam squealed as well.

 

“Sueun-ah, you can do this only if you’re comfortable with it.” Jinyoung leaned in to tell her.

 

“Thanks, Jinyoung-ssi. I think it’s nice that you all thought of letting me call you oppa!” She beamed.

 

“Sueun-ie, it’s your turn to ask us now.” Yugyeom tilted his head at Sueun.

 

“Alright, Jackson oppa...” She looked at him as if challenging him.

 

“Kyaaa, she called me oppa~!” The man fangirled.

 

Sueun couldn’t help but laugh, “Let’s move on to the preferences. Do you prefer Korean girls or Chinese girls? You’re from Hongkong, right?”

 

“Waahh, Sueun noona opening up such a topic! I like it!” Yugyeom celebrated.

 

“It’s like she shifted so suddenly!” Bambam held onto his chest as if calming his heart.

Jinyoung just laughed along.

 

“I can see you’re getting comfortable now, Sueun-ie. I don’t really have a preference about Korean or Chinese. As long as we get along well and we’re both happy, I’m good!” Jackson answered rather professionally.

 

“Nae, it’s our turn now!” Bambam raised his hand victoriously. “Out of all of us in Got7, who do you want to get close to?” The maknae hugged his knees in anticipation for the answer.