CHP 0 ❤

H O W   T O   B E    A     • • •     L A D Y  ❤ // NEW MNET SURVIVAL SHOW // OPEN ❤

• • •

chapter zero.

Image result for kdrama actress Related image Image result for mnet



 

"what do you suppose we do about the auditions?" 

"well naturally, we open it to street auditions and ex-idols and such- we have at least four other shows to compete with edge wise."

"that's true. at least with both we could-"

"-Yes! We could sell it as a 'hopefuls and lost souls competing' sort of thing. It has the 'what if that girl off the street is just as good as that girl from that oddly named group that disbanded two weeks after debuting?' thing..."

  

  mina sighed as her boss continued to ramble about the "edges" of the show. she only started to work professionally in the media a few weeks ago, but she suddenly found herself thrown into something bigger than she was probably ready to manage. 

"alright mina, did you get all that? start up making ads for auditions- average girl and ex-idols/trainee sorts invited."

 

   mina quickly nodded. she watched for her boss to leave earshot distance before sighing deeply. her eyes turned to her rose gold laptop in front of her, was she ready for this sort of thing? She would have to be, production costs and fees were already in the works of being transferred so there was no turning back now.

 

"alright mina, lets do this."

 

     after hours of planning out marketing ploys and show basis ideas, mina found herself asleep at her desk. to be fair, it takes a lot longer than one would think to put together this sort of show. trainers must be found, idol guests, a "dorm" for the girls to stay in, food- it was a lot of work and mina was already feeling the fire (mostly in her back, she has horrible posture at computers, she'll admit.)

 

days later, after the upper management finalized the papers and marketing plans mina threw together, the show and casting dates were set. the show would start in january and casting would take place november and december, with filming for the show beginning in january. the show's premise was taking the unfinessed but hopeful and those who tried but couldn't make it the first attempt at stardom to come together to learn proper media and lady ettiquette, all while training in vocals, dance and rap. 

each week, aside from the first week, the girls would be split into teams to perform randomly assigned covers for a live audience and voting would take place right then and there. The team with the most votes gets the bonus of being "safe" the next week (despite the members of said team that week being on different teams the following week). the members with the lowest votes will get eliminated and once the crowd is withered away over the weeks, the final 13 will get to debut. 

"that's a lot of girls.." mina said, going over the papers again after a staff member handed her a copy. the staff member, amused, chuckled and sat down. 

"well of course, big groups are in and nine is over used. besides, the boss figures 13 is a good number in case of scandals or exo situations where the team loses members, you know? we have a few to spare, in the least awful way to put it." the staff chuckled.

mina's eyes widened at the thought but shook it off in favor of other eggs to fry. taping the papers on the desk and shoving them ungracefully into her bag, she stood up and sighed. 

"i guess i'm off to the first audition." 

 

      

 

author's note: I wanted to give a lil snippet into the basis of the story - Both random girls off the street and ex-idols and trainees can audition, all will be treated the same as far as training goes.  It'll be the usual, A vocal trainer, dance trainer and a rap trainer and the girls will be randomly mixed up into groups each week to perform songs and such and get scored on it- the usual.