A new danger

Singularity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the way to SBS headquarters for Inkigayo:

-  What the hell is wrong with hyung and his “celebrity-showy-wannabe” like birthday party, when did he become into these type of things…is success getting him a big head? I am disappointed on him…

- I can hear you Yonggi…

- oh, you can? answered ironically the latter. – I was sure you couldn’t…what a shame…I made sure to whisper but I guess I got caught…did I?

- oh hyung please…of course you did you were literally shouting right next to my ear…I’m sure I’m half deaf by now…spoke his seatmate tapping his ear as the other members laughed.

- Sorry about that…j-HOOOOOOPPPEEEEEE…replied Yonggi leading to a general laughing including his boss who was eating criticism for the last two days since he announced he had rented a villa in Incheon where he had planned a swimming pool party for his upcoming birthday. He knew the boys were going to look at him weirdly but he didn’t expect such a cold response. He felt sorry somehow. He never realized how uncomfortable they still were at the idea of being successful and simply try to enjoy it. As somehow all of this was still a very sweet dream with the constant threat of a morning alarm.

- Hyung is sort of right though…stated this time the leader after the general laugh started to die out. – I mean…can we just do it the same way we did since trainee days…just dinner…between us…something chill…

- It is going to be chill…I assure you…it’s just going to be a bit more people chill… defended the boss.

- Hyung…do you even know what chill means? How chill can it be with broadcast channels executives…PDnims…brand representatives or potential investors in front of whom we’ll have to act nice to get more contracts… asked this time Heosok who also voiced out his disagreement.

- Wait.... what? what PDnims and investors…I said I will have some friends from the industry…not business partners…trust me I’m the last person who wants to spend his birthday networking with these old rats…I mean…can’t you just be a little more supportive here…do I have someone on my side in this whole story…the maknae line? you haven’t said anything so far…what do you think about it…

-  I’m the eldest actually…and I haven’t said anything either…

- That’s because I already know what you think…

- You do?

 - you don’t mind as long as you’re the most “handsome” in the party…

- you know me very well…spoke Jin before bursting into his legendary laugh only he could understand as the others rolled their eyes…He could be so awkward.

- man, you’re HOPE-less…added Hoseok putting his hat on his face trying to get some sleep. He thought this conversation was not going anywhere.

- I don’t mind hyung-nim…as long as you’re happy I’m good…it’s your birthday…explained Jimin with his usual sweet voice as the hyungs sighed in despair. Why did he always have to make them look like the bad boys. The maknae soon followed: - I don’t mind either hyung…since it’s a swimming pool party we’ll be wearing swimsuits right? He naively asked as the whole van frowned at him.

- Yes, kookie…don’t worry we’ll get to see how amazing your body is…replied the Ceo.

- That’s not what I meant Hyungnim stop teasing me…

- Well, I’m sure he won’t have any problem standing out between Inkigayo’s PDnim and SBS director wearing a swimsuit…even I would look like Seo Ji sub next to them…spoke Suga leading to another general burst of laugh. Even J-hope who was hiding beneath his cap couldn’t resist.

- C’mon…you’re too much…show some respect…tried to resonate him the boss after laughing also.

- Respect? hyung…did you say respect? as R.E.S.P.E.C.T? asked RM spelling each letter. He never missed a chance to highlight his perfect English pronunciation. The boss raised an eyebrow.

- Our hyung-nim is too innocent…spoke J-hope.

- What is that supposed to mean?

- Nothing beside that these pigs do not deserve not an ounce of respect…especially Inkigayo’s pig…he’s a freaking ert… explained Yonggi.

- how…how do you know that?

- Did you know it? Asked RM. More serious at the latter reaction.

- Of course I did…what do you guys take me for I’ve been in this field before all of you were born…This guy has been eyeing every girl group member since the FIN.K.L and S.E.S days…I don’t talk about it because it kind of doesn’t concern you…last time I checked he was still in young girls wearing short skirts…just ignore him…this is how it works and he’s too powerful…he’s not someone you can easily get at anyway…

- This is disgusting…spoke Suga in a matter of a fact tone.

- Trust me…I agree with you…but back to my birthday party…he’s absolutely…absolutely not going to be there…or any people his kind…only friends…

- Hyung you don’t have any friends…

- Yash i…shhhh…

- Shhhhhh? He almost cursed at you! Laughed Jin with the others.

- No I didn’t…shh as Suga. That’s what I meant.

- We should let Taehyung take care of the listing…he’s got more friends in the industry…he could bring some cool people…suggested Jimin…

- Hell no…I can’t afford to be compared to Park Bo gum and it’s our sajanim birthday not V’s birthday…retorted Jin.

- SeokJin…I’m sorry to say that but you absolutely can’t com-

- Don’t…Yonggi… I think we all had our dose of SU-vage for the day…

- Damn I’m just getting started…he spoke as the eldest rolled his eyes.

- Yes of course…good idea… I mean you guys are free to bring your friends…I don’t mind…you would like to bring someone Tae? Tae…taehyung-a? Asked a last time the boss who was sitting next to driver and that had to look back to spot him on the very last row of the van. Now that he thought about it, the boy was being way too silent.

- Yes, Hyungnim…he shouted in a countryside accent trying to sound like his usual self. Meaning as a fool trying to make everyone laugh. They didn’t buy it right away but they were all tired and just believed he was lost in his own thoughts as they all do at some point. All except for Jimin who never missed anything when it came to him. Having him around was the most reassuring yet scariest thing at the same time. He knew he couldn’t have any secret for him. – don’t worry…I’ll take care of the guest-list…we don’t want to spend the night with ahjussi do we? He continued with the same accent making the hyung laugh.

- I said you could bring your friends I didn’t ask you to take care of the guest-list…it’s still my birthday and again I want cool people I am comfortable with…god you really think I don’t know anyone don’t you?

- That’s not what we think it’s a fact…stated Suga with his all-time poker face.

- Hyung…you rented a whole villa…unless you already have 30 persons beside big-hit squad it is going to be a waste of money…explained wisely Rapmon.

- I already have more than 30 persons…don’t worry I have things under control you feel free to bring more people…the ones you’re close with…GOT7 is already coming by the way since Jin-hyung already said he would bring his label groups…I mean just JYP people are going to be 30…then it’s going to be producers from other labels I know since forever and then your friends so yeah…don’t worry about the waste of money…and even if I do waste some money I think I deserve it, we deserve it…he added more to himself.

Suddenly an awkward silent filled the car.

- Huh, wait a second…dared RM clearing his throat after they all widened their eyes and looked quite in awe at each other’s. Jin had positioned back himself on his chair. J-hope had thrown his cap behind who had launched on Jungkook’s face who was Jung-shook by now but managed to look at Jimin who was not sure he had heard right at this point who then looked at the other side to see blank Tae who had dropped his phone to the floor. – when you say…jyp’s label groups…beside GOT7…who else are you implying? He added as he could see his brothers even more focused than when studying a new choreography.

- Well, I meant Rain of course…2AM… members from 2PM also, Wonder girls …why ?…you know I’ve produced them for a long time He asked sensing something and very amused by the obvious disappointment. He was secretly enjoying it. – oh and his new label group…you know the girls from his survival show…what’s their name again…oh yeah Twice also…If you don’t mind of course… had barely finished his sentence and was about to turn back to admire the faces of what he affectionately called his kids when something unexpected happened. The manager who was driving literally losing control of the car almost getting them all killed.

- Whaaat the fuuuuuuu…ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? screamed the boss after they were out of danger.

- He’s a once…that’s the problem…mumbled Suga putting back his glasses that slipped out of his head during the ruckus.

- What? asked him the boss before looking at Sejin. He didn’t know what was the most shocking the fact that they just almost died or the fact that Suga managed to keep his swag face.

- I’m sorry…I’m really sorry don’t know what happened…

- Forget it…aisssssh…he complained as he realized he had his iced coffee all over his pants. – are you guys ok? he then asked the boys. – Oh god…you seem nothing but okay…

- WE ARE HAVING TWICE FOR A SWIMMING POOL PARTY…THIS IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL DAY OF MY WHOLE LIFE HYUNG I LOVE YOU…screamed J-hope grabbing Suga and hugging him out of happiness soon followed by Jin who did the same with rap mon that tried to keep his cool when his smile betrayed his thoughts. As for the row behind Jung-shook was muted in some silence as his head was having all sort of thoughts one of them being: “I am definitely not wearing a swimsuit”. Jimin had given up on trying to restrain the smile that was hurting his cheeks and Tae was…Tae was blank. twice twice twice twice twice twice…

The group had debuted six months ago and they would be lying to themselves if they did not admit that they were not literally obsessed with them. Of course, watching out what happens in the industry was a part of their jobs, their manager jobs and executives who briefs weekly and internally about charts, trends and influencers before reporting to them facts that would help them keep a track on what to say and not to say during their public appearance. But there was more with that certain group. Something fresh, something exciting…

- Wait a second…added Hoseok after realization hit him: - since it’s a swimming pool party does that mean that- he couldn’t have finished his sentence as everyone in the car screamed “hajima” but it was too late since the manager had again lost control of the car in the middle of the highway leading to another chaos where they were half screaming for their life half screaming out of joy and mostly dying of laugh wondering if they could make it to the station alive. Funny how at that time they still had no idea how twice would literally be the death of them.

 

***

 

- So now we even have to perform for his “friends” birthday party? What’s next? just get rid of my already nonexistent life…complained Nayeon to the group who was getting their make-up done as they were about to perform their super hit song that stormed within the whole country. Jeongyeon stole her that funny look. Not in a sign of agreement. She knew what she meant by that, ‘why are you complaining when that is exactly the life you dreamt and worked so hard for’. It was scary how she perfectly knew her, how she couldn’t fool her. Of course, she was not complaining, she was pretending to. She loved it, terribly loved it. the busy schedule, the lack of sleep, the buzz, the attention, the sensation, the obsession she knew she was the object of.

- He didn’t say

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter