Meet Him: Kang Daniel

I Will Walk With You

I don’t know whose story I’m telling because it feels like mine but not really. Do you get it? It’s confusing isn’t it? One day she woke up and couldn’t something felt heavy. It felt so heavy like she was carrying a sack full of stones. She started to loose herself, she was at the highest point in her life but something hit her, it hit her hard.

She’s frustrated. Very frustrated

She cares too much to let herself go to not care, to not work, to not think. Saying “stop worrying” doesn’t stop you from actually worrying. There’s no one around her to talk to. To talk this deep about something. She wonders why everyone is so concerned about themselves and their stupid little ‘issues’ but as soon as she tries to open its useless. Pointless. In the end she gives up, what’s the point of wasting her time? The world is on her shoulders, yet from anyone look from the outside in would think she has the perfect family, background and life. That’s false, it’s not true. She’s probably been through way more than the next person but puts on this mask, no one would even know. They’re all oblivious.

One day she was walking. A normal day.

It was neither sunny nor rainy, it was in fact clear. To others it would appear to be the most beautiful day with the sun glowing through the clouds, the perfect temperature with a slight breeze, but to her it couldn’t look as glim. She feels as if she’s stuck and can’t move. What she didn’t know that on that day someone was watching and on that day she appeared as beautiful as a goddess. That was when he knew she was the one.

He saw the sadness in her eyes.

He wanted to transform that sadness into happiness no matter how hard he had to work or how long it would take. So he got out of his car and started to walk towards her but he didn’t have the words and she went past him. He kept staring…

“Hey, Kang Daniel! We’ve got to hurry we’re going to be late for your shoot! You’re a newbie so we need to get there on time if you want to make a good impression!”

“uh, yh, yh I’m coming butler Lee!”

Daniel snaps out of it and quickly gets into the back of the car.

“So…what was that all about?”

“Oh, nothing. Don’t worry! I thought I saw someone I knew but I guess I was wrong” Daniel says with sadness in his eyes and he remembers how that sad look on her face. He cannot remove that image from his mind and the rest of the car journey is in silence.

At the company:

“Please don’t park nearby I don’t want them to know my true identity”

“haha, don’t worry master, it is in my best interest to keep you happy” Butler Lee thinks back to the past. Daniel was 5 years old when his father hired him to look after his son. He was such a mischievous boy and would always try and play pranks on him but look at how much Daniel has grown. Butler Lee has been waiting for the day for Daniel to grow up and prove his father that he’s able and determined. It’s his first day of work at his father’s company so of course he’s worried, nervous and scared. Who wouldn’t be?

It’s going to be a long journey for Daniel but he’s a hard worker. It’s going to be struggle but Butler Lee will always be by his side.

7 years later:

“CEO Kang, It’s time to go to work” Butler Lee calls out to Daniel.

“ah, butler Lee please don’t call me that, I’ve just got the job, I’m not used to it yet” *giggles*

“Don’t worry, you deserve this, you have been working hard all these years”

On the way to the company they pass the place. That place. The first time he laid eyes on her. The way her hair blew in the breeze the gleam in her eyes, every little detail about her he remembers. He waits for the day he can finally meet her, hear her voice and be in her company.

“Good Morning CEO Kang” say the employees as they nervously stand in line to greet Daniel at the entrance.

*Oh my gosh! He’s so cute! I can’t believe that’s our new CEO!* the female employees giggle amongst themselves.

In CEO Kang’s Office:

“CEO Kang, I’ve brought you lunch!” Butler Lee says happily.

“Great! I’m starving; being the CEO is a hard job you know!” He jokes with Butler Lee.

The food Butler Lees had brought for Daniel is quite extravagant. Butler Lee really went all out for his first day as CEO of the company. It’s all of his favourites, even though he is now 27 years old he has taste buds of a 10 year old. You’d think growing up in a good household would make him really enjoy fancy European food, but no. He loves getting packed lunches from Butler Lee.

“Oh My Gosh! You’ve really gone all out.”

“Of course I have to since it’s your first day. Anyway, how has work been?”

“Well…I’ve already hit a curve ball. None of the designers are good enough; especially with this new product we are producing we need the packaging to be perfect. I’ve already contacted famous model Krystal to represent the product but how can we have someone like her model for a product that’s not up to par.”

“Yes. That does seem quite difficult. I know what about a joke to cheer you up. What do you call a reporter that goes to hell?

“I have no clue”

“A hell reporter (Harry Potter)”

“hahah, I can’t believe you came up with that joke. But I still don’t’ know what to do about the designer problem”

“hmmmm, you could try and hire someone temporary?”

“That’s a great idea Butler Lee, I don’t know what I would do without you”