Final

Hope

 

There was no way out, every single piece of clothing weighing down on him. He was drowning; the dark waters pulling him deeper and deeper away from land. Hakyeon could vaguely make out voices, voices that sounded so far off, yet were laughing at his demise, chanting for his death. His vision blurs and he chokes as his lungs fill with dreadful seawater. His hands grapple against the water, fighting for a single breath of air, but gravity continues to pull him into deeper waters.

 

Can't breathe--

 

Weariness seeps into his bones. He doesn’t know how long he’s been struggling, but he thought he fought damn well against his death. Even if not today, someday in the near future the villagers would have thrown him to the pits of hell anyway. It’s about time he just accepted his fate. As his consciousness fades, his body grows limp and his eyes shut. He briefly senses something encircling around him before he blacks out.

 

Great, I'm gonna be eaten

 

-- or not

 

Hakyeon wakes up on sand, and as soon as he pries open his heavy eyelids, he comes face to face with dark eyes and pale skin. He stares back at the pretty stranger for a moment before moving to sit up. His throat hurts, his body aches, and he’s suddenly reminded of his supposed death. So why was he alive?

 

He focuses back on the stranger again and notices that he has moved further away, kneeling on the sand and observing hakyeon.

 

"You saved me… Thank you,” Hakyeon breathes. The stranger nods, lips curving into a pretty little smile.

 

"Taekwoon"