Chapter 1

Now and Forever

Chanyeol’s mood was growing darker by the second. For the nth time he questioned his decision to enter the café. He was driving by and while waiting for the traffic light to change, he happened to glance inside one of the establishments lining the street.

Byun Baekhyun

 He’d recognize that petite frame anywhere. His smile turned to a scowl as soon as he realized that Baekhyun was not alone. Next to him is a tall, good-looking guy who, in Chanyeol’s opinion, was sitting way too close to his boyfriend. Without any second thought, he found a parking space and entered the café. Baekhyun’s back was turned away from the door so he didn’t see Chanyeol enter. The place was almost full but he found a table with a good view of Baekhyun and his companion. He doesn’t know why he didn’t just approach the two right away, choosing to openly observe them instead. He quietly ordered, making sure his voice was low enough so as not to catch Baekhyun’s attention.

He decided to send Baekhyun a message. He trusts his boyfriend but you know…he wants to know what Baekhyun would say.

“Babe, where are you?”

“At a café working on a presentation. Why?”

Chanyeol let out a breath that he didn’t realize he’d been holding. A warm smile spread across his face as he read his boyfriend’s reply.

“Let’s go out for dinner tonight. There’s a new place I want us to try. I’ll send the address later. Is 8:00 p.m. okay?”

“Yup. See you later, babe. I love you.”

“Love you too.”

By this time, Chanyeol is grinning like crazy. Damn, he feels so in love. They’ve been a couple for almost two years now and they’ve been living together since they graduated from university a year ago. Baekhyun went on to graduate school while Chanyeol started working at his father’s company. On their first year anniversary, Chanyeol surprised Baekhyun with the keys to their apartment. Life has been blissful and they couldn’t be happier.

High-pitch giggles broke his reverie and he turned an irritating eye towards the new customers.

“Oh my God, he is so handsome. We’re lucky to catch Baekhyun oppa here.”

“He looks so dreamy!”

“Sehun oppa is so cute too!! I ship them so hard.”

“I wonder if they’re dating?”

“Well, they do look so good together. It’s like looking at a magazine photoshoot.”

Chanyeol can never get used to this. He is well aware that his boyfriend is one hell of a good-looking man and his chest swells with pride knowing that Baekhyun is his. But it irritates him when people look at his boyfriend, have dirty thoughts about him, ship him with other people, try to catch his attention and even approach him and send gifts. He's gotten better at dealing with it over time but he still can't quell the possessive feeling he gets whenever this happens. 

At that moment, Baekhyun ran a hand through his brown hair and let out a groan while moving his shoulders, which must have been stiff from sitting for a long time. He’s totally oblivious to the effect he had on other customers and his eyes never left the computer screen.

The whole café let out a collective murmur of appreciation while looking at the fine specimen of a man.

“This is ing crazy,” Chanyeol thought.

His expression darkened further when he noticed the man, who he now knows as Sehun, staring intently at Baekhyun with an unmistakable look of admiration.

He almost pounced on the man when he stood up and attempted to touch Baekhyun’s shoulders. He saw Baekhyun stiffen as Sehun approached and asked if he wanted a massage. Baekhyun gave the other man a small smile and politely declined the offer.

Chanyeol wanted to shout, “I’m the only one allowed to touch Baek!” but he controlled himself, not wanting to cause a scene and embarrass his boyfriend (more like he doesn’t want to get caught stalking).

 

_____________________________________________________________________

I wil really appreciate it if you leave a comment below and tell me what you think of the story and characters so far. Thank you for reading and see you in the next chapter!