Final

Midnight Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chen chanced a quick glance beside him, a smile suddenly ghosting his lips. She sat beside him cozily, gazing out the open window; hair dancing with the wind as the car zoomed below the starry night. 

It was one of those rare days that they got to steal time for themselves; time away from their demanding jobs and the outside world. It was just... them.

As Chen drove pass the looming trees he can't help remembering how it all started. It all begun with a simple 'Hi' from Wendy as they sat at the back of the classroom. He'd seen her before around campus but never really got the chance to know her better. As Wendy continued to gaze at him, waiting for a reply, his mind wandered back to the times when he kept seeing her- always with her friends.

They were a group of five peculiar girls who always seem to do things together, they even go to the lavatry together, which Chen finds very odd. Every time he sees the group his attention is always caught by Wendy, with her  bushy hair, chubby cheeks and her cute laugh- though, he'd heard her friends teasing her that she sounded like a walrus when she laughs. 

He's surely interested but thought against pursuing her. She'll never be interested, he thought.

Her close proximity brought him back, he had been staring at her the whole time with his mind blank of words to say- he'd totally made a fol of himself. 

Probably thinking that she'll never hear a response from him, Wendy crinkled her nose and averted her attention to the professor in front. He had really thought he blew his chance with her- not tht he thought that she'll be interested in him, but a chance of, maybe, friendship?

The following day he was certain that she'll never talk to him again, hell, he'd bet that she won't sit beside him again, what with how rudely he had ignored her greetings and just stared at her. But she surprised him when she occupied the seat beside him, still at the back of the room. Although she never said a word to him this time. The class started then.

Chen was so immersed with his notes that the poke on his cheeks startled him. He blinked and look at his side, at her, with confusion. She was looking at him weirdly, a playful grin matched with mischief in her eyes. An eyebrow rose as he waited for her to say anything- completely ignoring the abnormal beating of his heart. 

He sees her drew a deep breath as if what she'll about to say is something really important, he anticipated. 

"Hi," she had said.

He blinked at her, "What?" he asked. She giggled. He look at her sceptically, not really following what is going on."I'm bored. I don't really get what he's saying," she explained, gesturing to the lecture in front.

He'd usually find noisy seatmates annoying, but her... she was actually cute that way. She'd say the most random thing to him from time to time, poke him, and even hide his pen. She was the most annoying seatmate he'd ever had, but he can't stop thinking of how adorably cute at the same time. 

He thought that it was just for a day; her si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter