Get out

(I love) New Year Eve

"And? What are you doing here and how did you get in?" he groaned with squinted eyes, heavy with sleep and voice gravely.

"You told me the password, wasn't it for something like this?" the other grinned, eyes full of mischief.

"Definitely not for you to disturb my sleep," he pulled his legs into the blanket again, hissing when he felt warm fingers chasing after it and tickling the sensitive skin, "yah! Get out!"

"Hyukjae, the sun is already high in the sky, wake up," he tickles some more and got kicked on his lower arm. "Hey, you promised me."

" off, I need my beauty sleep," he stubbornly shut his eyes and curling up his body more under the blanket.

"No amount of sleep will get rid of your ugliness, come on!"

"I'm regretting my life choices, why did I even told you the password..."

"Because you love me and you actually love me annoying you," Donghae crawls closer, lying on top the bundle of blanket and the grown man ignoring the protesting yelp.

"Never said that, you're delusional."

"Come on monkey, time is ticking and you aren't getting younger and just uglier."

"I wish I date someone who would say I'm handsome and wake me up gently, with some love maybe and not some rubbish about me being ugly," he grumbled, hiding his face more into the pillow evading the playful puffed breath from his lover.

"Considering I stayed with you for years despite your grumpy and ugliness, that tells a lot of how much I love you, don't you think?"

"I'm so getting a new lover, one more handsome and cool and loving," Hyukjae kicked Donghae again, "get out ex boyfriend!"

Donghae laughed, tightening his hug and slung a leg over the bundle, "that's not nice, and here I was thinking to wake you up with a kiss."

There's silence and Hyukjae stilled under the blanket. If it's not for the sound of his breathing, Donghae would have thought he had died suffocated under the blanket.

"Hey, Hyuk-"

"So where is my kiss?"

He laughed heartily, "why should I kiss my ex boyfriend?"

"I haven't get a new lover yet so technically you are still my boyfriend," the bundle said.

Donghae didn't say anything and the silence in the room is starting to get eerie, so Hyukjae peeked out from his blanket only to see Donghae smiling that brighter than sun smile. He wasn't even surprised when Donghae abruptly kissed him and chewed on his lower lip.

"Okay handsome, now you got the kiss already, so wake up," Donghae said and pecked his lips once more.

"You moody , now you called me handsome."

"Because everyone called you that, I want to be the only to call you something else, ugly it is."

"You could have give me another nickname, a nicer one," he grumbled and hides again.

"I have to tell myself that you're ugly so my heart won't stop everytime I see your handsome face."

A loud groan then Hyukjae gets out of his blanket while pushing Donghae away, " this, I'm awake from this horrible amount of cheesiness."

"You asked for it," Donghae laughed loudly and keep poking his lover's cheeks as the pink spreading even to the tips of his ears. "Now, get dressed and we can go. Or you want me to bath you too?"

"Get out," Hyukjae growled with red face still.

--

"Why can't we just have a simple and cozy time for new year..." Hyukjae whined as he got dragged around to another aisle in the supermarket.

"And like what, do you suggest?"

"Chilling with our hommies with beers and movie marathon."

"Come on, even you know that sounds boring. And we did that all the time, new year have to be special!" Donghae said excitedly, throwing in more things into their trolley.

"Let's just burn some corns and be done with it."

"Nuh uh, we're going for the real barbeque and party!" Donghae throw in more marshmallow and Hyukjae narrowed his eyes.

"Why is there so much marshmallow? No one really have sweet tooth."

"I have to appease your grumpy , somehow. Beside Siwon also love it."

Hyukjae rolled his eyes, "he's coming too? I thought he'll be too busy for our small new year makeshift party."

Donghae turned around with a frown, "what crawled up to your and died there? You always love it whenever we gather and have a good quality time."

"Beside the fact that I can't have a quality time with my lover at new year eve for two years in a row? Nothing."

"Aww," Donghae cooed, "who would have thought you are still a baby after all this time? You can still have a quality time with me even with all of them around."

"Yeah and have them teasing me about it for the next year? I don't think so. They're not weirded out if it were you, but me? Come on, you're always the clingy one out of us."

"Hey," Donghae take hold of Hyukjae's hand, kissing the back of his hand with so much love that Hyukjae know he's losing the battle. "You can have me however you want after it and you have me for the rest of your life, so why not indulge them? I miss them and they miss us, it's our first new year gathering after enlistment. For the next new year eve, I promise it will be only you and me, okay?"

Hyukjae puffed out a breath, "what does that makes me, I feel so petty now after you laid it out like that."

"No, you're not petty, I understand that because I love you too. Come on, we were busy at Christmas we didn't even have time for anything else. But I promise you after this you'll have me for yourself, hm?"

Hyukjae hummed, begrudgingly admitted he's being too clingy, "forget I ever said anything, I miss them too."

"You're so cute and so prideful," he laughed, earning a light slap to his head.

"Shut up, you love me."

"That I do," and they kissed briefly in the corner of the aisle after making sure no one can see them. If only they can openly be affectionate, but they are happy enough and gives a thrill in their relationship.

They didn't even realized they're both clingy and possessive over each other, what a joke. Well, turned out they have a very good New Year gathering with their brothers that Hyukjae even forgot about their promise. And the history repeats itself at the 2nd January.

"What are you doing and why are you here?"

"I promised you that you'll have me exclusively after new year, right?" Donghae grinned but Hyukjae only wraps the blanket tighter around him and said,

"Get out."