end.

all planned out.

Yuna loves her job. Not only does she get the opportunity to perform on the ministage every weekend evenings, she also gets to admire the cute waitress she has taken a liking to every day of week except Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays since those are her off days.

 

Kim Yewon.

 

That’s the name of the cute waitress that doesn’t fail to make Yuna’s heart beat erratically whenever they are at an arm’s distance. When she first started working at the small but cozy bistro located a few blocks down her apartment, Yuna hadn't expected herself to fall in love. She was only working for some extra money. She had already met Yewon then but she had no feelings for her. Well, so she thought. Yuna doesn’t remember exactly how she fell for the girl. She just did and she doesn’t regret at all.

 

“May I ask, what are you thinking of? You look so deep in thought.”

 

Yuna jumps in her spot, startled by the sudden voice. Turning her head, her eyes widen and she feels blood rushing up her cheeks upon seeing Yewon standing right next to her, giggling softly.

 

“N-nothing at all,” she replies.

 

“You’re going to perform soon, right?” Yewon asks another question with the smile that never fails to melt Yuna’s heart. “I’m looking forward to it.”

 

“Ah, yes,” Yuna nods with a bright smile of her own. “Make sure to cheer loudly for me, alright?”

 

Yuna, get ready in five!

 

“That’s your cue,” Yewon looks over at the man who had just called the other waitress. “Good luck, Yuna unnie! I’m sure you’ll be able to capture everyone’s heart with your voice.”

 

“I hope I’ll be able to capture yours too,” Yuna wiggles her brows playfully, her tone laced with confidence.

 

Laughing softly, Yewon shrugs and smiles innocently at the older girl. “We’ll see.”

 

“Two minutes, Yuna!”

 

“I’ll see you later,” Yuna lightly pats Yewon’s head before rushing to where the ministage is.

 

--

 

“Yuna is extremely whipped for you.”

 

With her gaze fixed on the said girl who has just settled down on the stool with her acoustic guitar in hand, Yewon smiles at the words spoken to her. “I know,” she says. “She’s not very subtle about her feelings at all.”

 

“Do you like her?” Yerin, one of the helpers in the kitchen, asks her out of curiosity.

 

“She’s cute,” Yewon replies ambiguously, causing Yerin to crinkle her nose at the answer.

 

“You’re not answering my question, you know.”

 

“Today, I’ll be covering Bruno Mar’s Just The Way You Are. I hope all of you will enjoy my performance while enjoying the food prepared by our lovely chef.”

 

A soft laughter leaves Yewon’s lips when she catches Yuna sending her a quick wink before strumming her guitar.

 

“You do like her, don’t you?” Yerin asks once again, smiling to herself upon seeing Yewon returning a wink to the singer. However, she receives no reply from the waitress and decides to just study Yewon’s expression.

 

Oh her eyes, her eyes make the stars look like they're not shining

Her hair, her hair falls perfectly without her trying

She's so beautiful

And I tell her every day

 

Yerin doesn’t ask Yewon the question again that day. Seeing the pure look of admiration in the latter’s eyes is enough as an answer.

 

Kim Yewon is just as whipped for Choi Yuna.

 

--

 

“Wonderful performance as always, Yuna,” Mr. Kim, the owner of the bistro, gives the girl a pat on the shoulder and gives her a proud smile. “You’re really a gem to this small place.”

 

“It’s nothing, sir,” Yuna smiles bashfully and rubs her nape sheepishly. “I’m just doing what I love. I can’t thank you enough for giving me this opportunity.”

 

“I shouldn’t be the one who you should be thanking,” Mr. Kim shakes his head and chuckles.

 

“Eh?” Yuna blinks. “... then who?”

 

“You’ll know sometime in the future,” is Mr. Kim’s only reply before he walks to his office located at the back corner of the enclosed area.

 

Yuna is left standing to think who it could possibly be.

 

--


 

Yuna doesn’t have work on that day but she gets dressed up to visit the bistro. She recalls clearly that Yewon still works on a Monday although it is her off day as well. She wanted to try her luck to see if she can score a date with the younger girl.

 

“Oh, Yuna?” Yewon has a surprised look upon seeing the older girl and Yuna can’t help but chuckle at the cuteness. “What are you doing here?”

 

“I’m here to see Mr. Kim,” she replies with a hopeful smile.

 

Eyebrows slightly furrowed, Yewon asks, “You’re not going to resign, are you?”

 

Yuna doesn’t know if she’s only imagining but she could hear the dejected tone in Yewon’s voice when she spoke. “Of course not! I love this place a lot. I won’t resign unless I get fired by Mr. Kim himself,” she reassures the waitress and once again, she thinks she’s imagining things because she saw Yewon’s eyes glimmering with happiness after her reply. “It’s supposedly your day off today, right?”

 

Yewon nods with a sheepish smile. “Yeah, but I like to help out still. Why ask?”

 

“No reasons,” Yuna answers nonchalantly, holding herself back from smiling too widely. “Let me just meet Mr. Kim for a while, alright? Don’t miss me.”

 

“Tsk,” Yewon rolls her eyes playfully, pretending to be unamused. However, a smile soon takes place on her lips, causing Yuna to grin cheekily in return. “Don't be too flattered, Yuna unnie. I'm just smiling because you're being silly.”

 

--

 

Yuna enters the office once she hears her boss’ voice from behind the door giving her the permission to go in.

 

“Good morning, sir,” she greets him with a bow.

 

The man looks up in surprise upon hearing her voice and for a split second, Yuna can’t help but think Yewon and Mr. Kim look alike in a way. However, she brushes off the thought immediately, thinking it’s purely a coincidence.

 

“What brings you here on your day off?” he asks after taking off his glasses and places it down on the desk.

 

“I was wondering if I could bring Yewon out today,” Yuna asks straightforwardly before she loses the confidence to do so. She feels blood rushing up to her cheeks after saying those words and instantly keeps her head low, not wanting Mr. Kim to see how flustered she is.

 

“Why do you want to bring her out?”

 

Yuna feels her heart accelerating faster than usual. She’s suddenly feeling nervous and her mind goes blank. Why does it feel like she’s being interrogated by Yewon’s parent? “W-well, it’s actually her day off too, right? I just want her to relax for the day.”

 

“You’re right,” Mr. Kim speaks up after a moment of silence. “She’s always working hard that even I, as a boss, thinks that she needs a break too. I’ll allow you to take her out but make sure she gets home by ten, alright? You wouldn’t want her parents to worry about her whereabouts if you take her home late.”

 

“O-of course, sir! Thank you so so much!” Yuna smiles gratefully to her boss and gives him a deep bow before leaving the office with a stupid grin on her face.

 

--

 

“Why do you look so happy?” Yewon giggles softly upon seeing an all too happy Yuna making her way towards her.

 

“Go get change,” Yuna says with her smile not faltering. “Mr. Kim just gave me the permission to take you out on a date today!”

 

“He did?” the young waitress looks at Yuna with her jaw hanging slightly in surprise for the second time of the day.

 

Yuna nods her head happily. “He did! Let’s not waste anymore time now. I have plans for us the whole day before your curfew!”

 

--

 

Yuna regrets not bringing an extra jacket. Seeing Yewon hugging herself tightly under the cold breeze is making her feel guilty for taking her out. She should have known that Yewon would not have a coat or jacket with her since she doesn’t know she is going out for the day. Yuna could warm her up by taking her chance to wrap her arm around Yewon’s shoulders but no, that would be unprofessional of her. She wants to take everything slow and not make Yewon awkward. Hence, she opts to remove her own jacket and places it over Yewon’s shoulders.

 

“It’s alright, unnie. I’m not that cold,” Yewon shrugs the clothing off her shoulders but Yuna immediately puts it back on her.

 

“You don’t have to worry about me being cold. I’m wearing an extra tee under my sweatshirt. I’m more worried about you since you’re not wearing any thick clothing,” Yuna frowns slightly, looking at Yewon in concern.

 

“Is that so?” Yewon mutters softly, her cheeks turning a light shade of pink due to Yuna’s stare. “T-thank you then.”

 

Yuna holds back a laughter when she sees that her jacket is a little too big on Yewon. However, the latter looks even cuter in it that Yuna feels like pulling the girl in for a hug and never let go.

 

“Why are you looking at me like that?” Yewon scrunches her nose up and looks at the singer suspiciously.

 

“Nothing,” Yuna smiles. “You just look cute in my jacket.”

 

“I’m keeping it forever then,” Yewon sticks her tongue out childishly and runs down the pavement after.

 

“Y-yah, Kim Yewon!”

 

--

 

“So, what plan do you have for us today?” Yewon tilts her chin up slightly to look at the older girl.

 

Yuna had easily caught up to her and now they are taking their time to walk to the bus stop.

 

“We’re going to watch a movie first, then have an early dinner and we'll go ice skating for the rest of the evening before I send you back home.” Yuna glances at the younger girl to see if she approves of the activities she has planned out for them. “Does that sound good to you?”

 

“It's splendid,” Yewon nods with a bright smile. “I can’t wait for the ice skating part. It’s been years since I’ve been to a skating rink.”

 

“I’ll make sure you have an enjoyable time over there then,” Yuna grins.

 

--

 

Yuna finds it hard to focus on the movie. She unconsciously keeps stealing glances at Yewon whenever a funny scene is playing just to see the latter's reaction. Sometimes, both their hands would reach out to take a handful of the popcorn at the same time and Yuna ends up retracting her hand first and blushes due to the contact.

 

“Unnie, can I rest my head on your shoulder?” Yewon whispers softly.

 

“O—of course you can,” Yuna shifts slightly so that Yewon can easily lean on her.

 

She hopes that the sound coming from the movie is able to hide the sound of her heart that is beating fast.

 

Yuna doesn’t know how to explain if Yewon asks her about it.

 

--

 

The pair decides to go window shopping since it’s still too early to have dinner. The mall is crowded with people doing last minute shopping and Yuna keeps having to look to her right, making sure that Yewon does not leave her side.

 

“You can hold onto my hand if you’re afraid you might lose sight of me, you know,” Yuna hears Yewon say shyly. Her head instantly turns to look at the younger girl and a soft chuckle leaves her lips upon seeing the latter blush again.

 

Feeling braver than usual, she slips her fingers between Yewon’s and intertwines their fingers together. “There, you’re stuck with me for the whole day now.”

 

“I wouldn’t mind that at all,” Yewon smiles warmly at Yuna and gives her a hand a firm squeeze.

 

Yuna really hopes her heart won’t burst out of her chest before the day ends.

 

--

 

Yewon huffs out loud and glares at Yuna. The latter has been laughing non stop since they started to skate. While Yuna has no problem skating around freely, Yewon has to stay at the side most of the time to hold onto something so that she would not fall again. She initially wanted to impress Yuna with her skills but as soon as she gets on the makeshift ice rink, she lost her balance and fell flat on her , causing Yuna to roar into laughter. Yewon felt extremely embarrassed when all eyes are on them but Yuna just gave her a reassuring smile and helped her up.

 

“I hate you,” the younger girl grumbles as she watches Yuna does a spin right in front of her with a smug look. As much as she wants to let go and chase after Yuna, she is afraid that she would end up embarrassing herself again.

 

“Come on,” Yuna gets closer to Yewon and holds one of her hands out. “Let me teach you how to skate since you clearly must have forgotten how to. I don’t want you to have a bad memory of skating after falling once.”

 

“No thank you,” Yewon rejects, not wanting to hurt her pride by giving in to Yuna.

 

Rolling her eyes, Yuna reaches out for one of Yewon’s arm and tugs her closer to her. The waitress lets out a soft yelp, accidentally releasing her grip on the side railing. Afraid that she might fall, she quickly wraps her arms around Yuna’s neck to stabilise herself. Once she finds herself not struggling, she looks up, only to widen her eyes when she realises that Yuna’s face is just inches away from hers.

 

“It’s okay. I got you,” Yuna smiles softly after slipping her arm around Yewon’s waist to make sure the latter would not fall again. “You trust me, right?”

 

Finding it hard to speak, Yewon simply nods in reply.

 

“I promise I won’t let go until you’re confident enough to skate on your own.”

 

--

 

Yuna doesn’t want the day to end. It’s only half past eight but they are already making their way to Yewon’s house. The ride back home is silent but it’s the comfortable kind of silence so Yuna does not mind at all. Yewon has her head resting on Yuna’s shoulder just like what had happened in the cinema but this time, with their fingers interlocked. It makes the older girl wonder if Yewon feels the same way for her.

 

“I had fun today,” Yewon breaks the silence first. “I forgot how long has it been since I’ve had this much fun.”

 

“I can always take you out on another date,” Yuna hums softly as she plays with Yewon’s fingers. “That’s if you—”

 

“I would love to go out with you again,” Yewon cuts. “I don’t think I can ever say no to that.”

 

Yuna finds herself falling harder for Yewon that moment.

 

--

 

“I guess this is it,” Yuna sighs. They are currently standing face to face on the porch of Yewon’s house.

 

“We’ll still see each other tomorrow, unnie,” Yewon giggles at the pouting Yuna. “Ah, right. Your jacket—”

 

“You can keep it if you’d like.”

 

“I was just kidding though. I don’t think I can accept something expensive,” Yewon furrows her brows and takes off the clothing that Yuna had lent her.

 

“No, I want you to have it,” Yuna pushes the item back to Yewon and grins cheekily. “If you miss me, you’ll have my jacket to remind you of me.”

 

“Tsk, what a greaseball,” Yewon playfully rolls her eyes and lightly nudges Yuna’s shoulder.

 

“I guess this is goodnight then?”

 

Not saying a word, Yewon takes a step closer instead and leans in to press a soft peck on Yuna’s cheek, catching the older girl off-guard. “If you hadn’t realised yet, I like you too,” she confesses with a bashful smile.

 

Bringing her hand up to lightly brush the spot Yewon had left a kiss, Yuna can’t believe what she just heard.

 

“Goodnight, Yuna unnie,” Yewon laughs lightly when she sees Yuna looking like a confused puppy. “Stay safe on your way back home.”

 

--

 

“Is it just me or Yuna is looking extra happy today?” Yerin asks, looking at Yuna weirdly. Yuna is naturally a bubbly person but somehow, Yerin finds her a little too bubbly this time.

 

Recalling the event that had happened the day before, Yewon smiles to herself as she watches Yuna taking orders from the customers with the brightest smile she has ever seen.

 

She can still remember clearly how Yuna smiled at her when she first started working at the bistro. Yewon didn't fall in love with her at first sight but as months passed by, she found herself looking forward to seeing Yuna every day. Her shy personality didn’t help whenever Yuna obviously flirted with her but she still played along, hoping Yuna would get the hint. She was also hoping that Yuna would make the first move with all the shameless flirting but for months, nothing happened at all. Yewon was starting to think Yuna was only playing around with her until Yuna finally took her out the previous day. She realised on their date that the older girl hadn't realised that she felt the same way until she told her.

 

Choi Yuna is slow but Yewon loves her the same anyway. She's proud of herself for making the first move.

 

“Uhm… Yewon? Are you ignoring me??”

 

“Don’t you think Yuna unnie looks extra pretty today?” Yewon lets out a dreamy sigh as her eyes continue to follow wherever the said girl is going.

 

“Oh my god,” Yerin looks at Yewon unbelievably. “Where is Yewon and what have you done to her?”

 

“Don’t be too dramatic, Yerin unnie,” the younger girl pokes Yerin by the tummy gently and pouts. “I’m still the same Yewon you know!”

 

“If you say so,” Yerin mumbles.

 

--

 

“You look really happy today, Yuna. Did you have fun on your date with Yewon?”

 

Yuna immediately lowers her head to bow when she sees Mr. Kim standing right in front of her with a fatherly smile. “G-good evening, sir. I’ll quickly wipe the tables so you can lock up the bistro soon.”

 

Chuckling lightly, Mr. Kim shakes his head and says, “You don’t have to be so formal to me. You’ve been working here for so long that I see you as a family member now.”

 

“I’ll try my best not to be too formal then,” Yuna flashes the man an embarrassed smile as she scratches her cheek lightly. “Yewon and I only hung out though. It wasn’t really a date. Thank you, again, for allowing her to get out of work.”

 

“It’s nothing. I just want what’s best for my workers. Besides, it was her day off. Of course I would let her go. Well, unless we’re short of staff, I wouldn’t have.”

 

Sometimes, Yuna wonders why Mr. Kim is always nice to her. She has heard him yell at other workers a few times but never at her. She doesn’t want the other staff to think that it’s favouritism because Mr. Kim is usually treating her better than them. Yuna is thankful that he appreciates her a lot but she can’t seem to shake off the thought of why he has been striking a conversation with her every now and then. It’s not like she is creeped out by it but she just finds it weird since she has never seen the man going out of his office almost every day until recently.

 

“Do you like Yewon?” Mr. Kim asks.

 

Yuna turns speechless. The fact that even he knows about her feelings for the younger girl makes Yuna feel more embarrassed than she already is. However, pushing the embarrassment aside, she answers truthfully without any hesitation,

 

“I do.”

 

“Really? How much?”

 

Yuna finds it weird how he seems really interested about her feelings for Yewon but she doesn’t question him. Looking around to make sure that no one else is in sight except Mr. Kim, she takes a deep breath in before replying with full of sincerity, “I don’t only like Yewon. I love her actually. She makes me feel things I didn’t think I would ever feel. I didn’t even plan on falling in love but then Yewon appeared and I just, you know, give in to my feelings and decide to pursue her. I want to give her all the happiness she deserves.”

 

The fatherly smile is present on Mr. Kim’s face again. “Are you planning on confessing to her?”

 

“I am but I honestly have no idea when’s the right time to do so,” Yuna sighs dejectedly.

 

“Why not confess to her on Christmas day? The bistro is closed for the holiday. I can ask the chefs to work an extra day to prepare a special meal for the both of you,” Mr. Kim suggests.

 

“W—what?”

 

“You really do love Yewon, right?”

 

“O—of course! I really do love her. A lot. More than you can imagine.”

 

“Then everything’s settled! You’re going to confess to Yewon on Christmas and give her the best present ever.”

 

“But—”

 

“I just want what's best for my workers, remember? Don't worry about not being able to repay me because you're already doing so.”

 

“I… am?” Yuna blinks in confusion.

 

“Believe me, you already are,” Mr. Kim laughs and takes the rag away from Yuna. “Go ahead and change. You can head home after. I’m sure you need a lot of time to prepare your confession, right?”

 

It feels too surreal that instead of dreaming, Yuna feels like she’s in a fairytale.

 

--

 

Yewon doesn’t understand why she’s standing right in front of the bistro all dressed up nicely when she’s supposed to be at home having a holiday feast with her family members. The sign at the entrance says ‘Close’ but she can see a table neatly set up right in the middle of the room so she gently pushes the door open and enters the store. Scanning the place, she scowls when she sees that no one else is around except her.

 

‘Is this a joke or something?’ she thinks as she walks further into the small restaurant.

 

Stopping right in front of the only table that is in the middle, she sees a small note stuck to a flower vase and picks it up to read what is written on it.

 

I haven’t seen you yet but I know you look beautiful today.

 

Her mind instantly thought of Yuna and she unconsciously smiles as she reads the note for the second time.

 

Hearing someone clearing their throat, Yewon spins around, only to emit a soft laughter when she sees the girl who she has been thinking of seated on the stool on the stage. The latter has her precious guitar propped on her thighs and she gives Yewon a nervous smile before talking into the microphone.

 

“I’m sorry that I have to take you away from your family this evening,” Yuna apologises firstly, looking at the younger girl apologetically. “Mr. Kim suggested this idea and I can’t turn down a good opportunity.”

 

Yewon smiles in amusement hearing the man’s name. No wonder he insisted for her to come to the bistro instead of staying at home. He’s the reason behind all this.

 

“I have a song prepared just for you and I hope you like it.”

 

Bringing her guitar up, Yuna clears once more before starting to play the instrument.

 

I found a love for me
Darling just dive right in
And follow my lead
Well I found a girl beautiful and sweet
I never knew you were the someone waiting for me

 

Yewon finds herself getting lost in Yuna’s eyes. Yuna never once left her gaze on Yewon the moment she started singing and the younger girl doesn’t want to be the first to pull away. Walking closer to the stage, Yewon feels her heart starting to pick up in pace with every step that she takes. She has never felt this way before but it doesn't scare her.

 

It doesn’t scare her because Yuna is the one making her feel that way. Choi Yuna, the person who has never been one to hide her feelings for her, is the one who is currently causing the butterflies in her stomach to flutter wildly. Yewon is able to accept the feeling because she knows she isn’t the only one feeling so. She perfectly knows that Yuna feels the same way as her if not even more.

 

Now I know I have met an angel in person
And she looks perfect
I don't deserve this
You look perfect tonight

 

“You’re even perfect than me, you know that?” Yewon speaks up as soon as Yuna finishes her song. “I don’t think I’ve ever met someone as perfect as you.”

 

Placing her guitar aside, Yuna gets out of the seat and walks down the stage to where the young waitress is standing. “Nobody’s perfect, Yewon. Everyone has their own flaws.”

 

“That doesn’t matter,” Yewon instantly leans against Yuna’s touch when the latter reaches her hand out to cup one of her cheek. “You’re the definition of perfect to me.”

 

“Who’s the greaseball now?” Yuna teases as she gently brushes her thumb across Yewon’s cheek.

 

“Yerin unnie might have taught me a little on how to be one,” Yewon purposely brings up the cook’s name just to see how Yuna would react.

 

“Yerin unnie? I didn’t know you’re close to her,” the older girl huffs.

 

Yewon could see that Yuna is trying hard to not let her jealousy show, causing her to giggle softly to herself. “We’re just close friends, Yuna unnie. I did tell you that I like you, right?”

 

Feeling bold, Yuna shifts both her hands down to hold onto Yewon’s waist and lightly presses her forehead against the latter’s.

 

“I don't only like you,” she whispers loud enough for the younger girl to hear. “I love you, Kim Yewon.”

 

Yewon feels warmth coursing throughout her whole body at the confession. Smiling shyly, she wraps her arms around Yuna’s neck and lightly nudges their nose together, both their lips only inches apart. “I love you too, Choi Yuna. I wonder what took you so long to ask me out.”

 

“I’m sorry it took me long. I’ve always thought you were only playing around with me whenever I flirted with you,” Yuna admits embarrassingly.

 

“We're both idiots then for thinking that then,” Yewon laughs lightly.

 

Seeing Yuna smiling like a lovestruck fool, Yewon can't help but to place a light kiss on Yuna's cheek. “Are you not going to ask me the question?” she teases the older girl.

 

“What ques... oh,” Yuna blushes deeply and shows Yewon a sheepish smile before collecting herself together to ask the question. “Will you be my girlfriend, Kim Yewon?”

 

Yewon is tempted to close the remaining gap between their lips upon feeling Yuna's breath tickling her lips but she holds herself back. She's not going to be the one to make the first move for that this time. “Of course,” Yewon answers. “I really don't think I can ever say no to you, unnie. That's how much effect you have on me.” 

 

“Are you two just going to stand close together like that and not kiss after finally confessing to each other? I'm getting tired of waiting here.”

 

“Yerin unnie?”

 

Yewon pulls away slightly from Yuna and turns her head, only to blush hard when she sees the cook smiling at them in amusement.

 

“Dinner is served for the lovely couple!”

 

Yewon is surprised once again when she sees a familiar lady coming out of the kitchen with two plates of food in each her hands.

 

“E-eomma, what are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be at home with appa?” she asks with confusion clearly written all over her face.

 

“Good evening, Mr. Kim!” Yewon hears Yuna greet enthusiastically and she feels like hiding at the moment. She should have known they would be in the bistro as well. However, she finds it funny but at the same time cute how Yuna still hasn’t realised one thing...

 

“Merry Christmas, Yewon. How do you like appa’s gift for you?”

 

... that Mr. Kim is actually her father.

 

Removing herself from Yuna, Yewon runs into the man’s arms and hugs him tightly with a thankful smile. “Thank you so much.”

 

“Wait,” Yuna’s eyes widen and her jaw hangs slightly when she finally processes everything in her mind. “I—I’m really not dreaming all of this, right?”

 

Yewon giggles softly as she watches realisation finally striking her girlfriend. “My family owns this bistro, Yuna unnie. All this while, my appa has been interrogating you because I told him that I like you.”

 

“So— that’s why— I—” Yuna couldn’t find the right words to say and Yewon can't help but squeal in her mind, thinking that Yuna really is cute. Making her way back to the singer, she gives Yuna another peck on the cheek before lacing their fingers together, dragging the still surprised girl to the table. “I really can’t believe this.”

 

“My family loves you, unnie,” Yewon glances at her parents and gives them another smile. “There’s nothing you should be worried of now.”


a/n. honestly, what did i just write.