Step by step

Step by step (Changki / Monsta X) FICTION

Kihyun loves Changkyun so does he.

 

They met at high school when the younger visited his older brother for some reason. At that time, Changkyun was still in the last year of middle school whereas Kihyun was in the last of his high school year. Thanks to Chang Seob, his big brother, Changkyun would often see Kihyun at home because they were friends and they still are..Or we should say, the two elders are like in-laws now. As times went by, the younger confessed to Kihyun shyly and hesitantly and at first the latter didn't say anything..Well, he said to him that he can't accept his feelings. That made the younger hurts and disappointed, however the dark-haired boy still has his love for him, he can't move on like that..Whenever Changkyun saw the older, his heart beat so fast, his cheeks turned slightly red, a shy smile was on his white face and his eyes were softened or maybe there was a sparkle. However, the younger knew he can't show his feelings so obvious and that's why, Changkyun tried to show less or tried to calm himself, to managed his gestures toward the older. However, even if he kept quiet and gave the impression that the brown didn't pay attention to him, his eyes never lie...

His friends and his brother already noticed and it wasn't a surprise new at all. They knew the younger was still in love with the older.

 

For Kihyun, without hesitation, he admitted liking Changkyun, not more than friend or a sibling. However as years flew, many of his friends including Changseob told him that the latter cared for the younger more than anyone else and they even try to convince him or at least, sharing their point of view about the two. That made him so much annoyed but honestly felt... so good ? No, Kihyun didn't want to be influenced about what they said, moreover he thought that Changkyun was so young -well, just three years apart- and deserved better than him. After hearing this with an unexpected way, his friend was desperate and said to him that Kihyun might regret his choice. At first, the latter ignored and didn't pay any attention but when he saw clearly that the younger was smiling and laughing like no tomorrow with the others, especially the dark-haired girl, he felt anger and -a strong- jealousy which were a little bit difficult to hide. Yoongi, one of his friends noticed, but didn't dare to point out unlike Hyungwon, another friend, with a smirk.

Later, Kihyun knew that the dark-haired girl was in fact Hayoung, his childhood best friend, plus she already had a boyfriend who came from Busan. He didn't say anything when discovering this fact strangely and with deny, he was lighthearted.

 

Then again, one year passed like that with Changkyun's entry at an art university and a first year of a master's degree for Kihyun. Apart from their busy schedule, the two students managed to meet whenever they can and the more the older spent his time with the younger the more he felt a strong feeling grew in him, in his heart...Kihyun was falling so deep for Changkyun and he can't help it.

 

Until one day when the sky was nice to them with a sunshine, Kihyun lets his bad thoughts and confessed to him before it was too late. Fortunately, Changkyun accepted him without a doubt because he was the one who waited patiently for that to happen.

 

Since then, these two were really shy that their first kiss took so long.. Well not so long, maybe less than one year.

 

And now, they are hanging out with their friends at a shopping mall in Dongdaemun. Unlike others couple, these two seem to be friends or best-friends because they rarely show some skinship which could be interpreted as love relationship. Yoongi, for instance, hates to see a lovey-dovey couple in front of him but when it came for Kihyun and Changkyun, he questions himself, unsure they are a couple or not. Same goes for a few friends even if they all know that the boys are really in love. Even when the two browns are alone, they don't dare to do more than a quick peck on their lips and hugs. The boys aren't yet ready, but they simply want to do step by step and take their times to enjoy every moment spent with each other. Nevermind, they are cute, everyone thinks so.