I'm curious for her

A December story.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Chorong. Tuesday, December 12th, cafeteria.

 

It's lunch time and although I usually eat at the office, today it's necessary for me to be here.

Seriously I don’t like to be surrounded by so many hypocritical people a.k.a my co-workers.

But it doesn’t matter anymore, I'm also acting now.

 

This morning I bought an engagement ring. It isn’t a real one, nor it's expensive. Note to myself: I have to send the other to my 'fiancée'.

I can’t believe that word, it makes me dizzy.

Yesterday I was brave and foolish enough to ask for this. I just hope everything goes well.

 

My mission for today is to show my hand in front of everyone, so I pointed to the entire menu I asked for. And this time I'm using a half-sleeve jacket, to emphasize my hands.

The people that saw my hand were stunned. I guess it's working.

Naeun came to help me, she hugged me and told she was happy for me loud enough for everyone to hear.

Who would say, this girl knows how to act!... or maybe she was just being waiting so long to tell me something like that.

 

People looked at us and turned around at once, probably forming their theories.

I even hear some bad comments, I know them, they’re envious. 4 years in this company are enough to know.

By tomorrow morning everyone, even the guard, will know. And that is exactly what I want.

 

 

But my calculations were incorrect, it wasn’t necessary to wait until tomorrow.

That same afternoon before leaving the office, Huhgak oppa called me from the elevator.

"Chorong-ah, I'm disappointed of you" did he discover me?! I felt my soul was leaving my body, Naeun was just as pale beside me. "Why wasn't me the first to know you're married?" He said pointing at my hand.

I could breathe again.

"I'm not married... yet." Did I buy a too indiscreet ring? I just chose the one I liked the most. "I'm engaged, and it just happened yesterday" his face reflected so much parental love that it made me feel bad to deceive him, but it was like that. Partly.

"Then that's why yesterday you didn't work! Come here!" He hugged me tightly, this makes the situation hundred times worse. "And when will the wedding be? Where is the boyfriend? I hope it's nobody from the office, you know the rules." He tried to look serious, but it did not last long, he was smiling the next second.

"Actually is a girl... my girlfriend," I can feel how each of my cells trembles at those words. "We still do not know the date and don’t worry, it's nobody from the office."

"Oh! then there's no problem. When will you introduce her to me? Let's eat tomorrow with her! My treat, I want to know the one and only person that has managed to conquer you, to the point of making you want to marry" He said excitedly, his eyes like two lines because of the emotion.

Great. I knew something like this could happen, but not this soon.

Oppa knows of my fear of commitment, he gave up on introducing me to guys to date just few months ago. I felt like being a piece of meat in the market.

What is that so special about having a partner, getting married and having children?

Well the latter doesn't sounds bad, actually it's something that I would like someday, anyway.

 

"I'll ask her if she have time tomorrow." We reached the parking lot, just when I thought I would get rid out of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter