Kang Family Christmas

Christmas at the Kangs

A/N:Hi readers. One more seulrene Christmas oneshot because the idea of my Seulrene with a house full of kids is too cute to pass up. Please enjoy

 

It is usually lively and never a dull moment at the, Kang Family House. Especially as, Kang Seulgi and her wife Joohyun have three very energetic, rambunctious children running around 90 percent of the time. Their daughters, Sooyoung and Yeri, both 8 and 6. Their son Wonwoo who is 4. They love their kids of course. Even though, sometimes it can be complicated, like when they have to break up arguments. When to discipline or sometimes which kid to actually discipline, as sometimes it does come down to which kid is the real one at fault.

 

The kids are always energetic and Christmas Day is no exception. The Kangs, go all out when it comes to their kids. Each making sure they have the best Christmas they could possibly give them. Neither, Joohyun or Seulgi grew up with a lot of money. So, now that they are in a place of financial means. Christmas is done well, more than well with how much food is at dinner.

 

This Christmas is a little different because, Joohyun is expecting baby 4. Sooyoung and Yeri both want another baby sister to add to the mix. Little Wonwoo, desperately wants a little brother. So, he can have help against his mean older sisters. Sooyoung and Yeri just laughed at him. They are definitely sure it’s a baby sister. Joohyun however is the only one that knows for sure what baby 4 is. She’s keeping it quiet.

 

When the heavily pregnant, raven awakes. It’s with gentle kisses from her other half. The smaller woman turns and kisses, Seulgi fully.

 

“Good morning, honey.” Joohyun says with a yawn.

 

“Morning, Hyunnie. How are you feeling? Did you sleep okay?”

 

The raven nods, as she runs fingers through her brown locks. Seulgi is as usual always supportive and wonderful. Just as she has been with the other 3 pregnancies. The monolid woman kisses her swell.

 

“Good morning, baby….boy or girl. Mama won’t tell me.”

 

Joohyun chuckles. No one knows but her the of, baby Kang number 4. She is just about to kiss, Seulgi when they can hear their kids just outside the door.

 

“Let’s wake up, mama and mommy!” Wonwoo says excitedly.

 

“Shut up, stupid! Or you’re going to wake them up.” Yeri complains to her brother.

 

“I’m not stupid, noona.”

 

Seulgi and Joohyun exchange looks that say they want to just laugh at their kids.

 

“Be quiet, both of you. Mama and mommy might be having .” Sooyoung shushes them.

 

“Oh my god.” Joohyun mouths.

 

“Having ?” Wonwoo sounds confused.

 

“Never mind, let’s go wake them up.”

 

Seulgi and Joohyun pretend to be asleep though. Like they do every morning of Christmas, as it allows their kids to wake them up.

 

“Morning mama, mommy!!” A trio of voices ring out as they all jump onto their parents big bed.

 

The parents sit up and take their kids into a group hug. Everyone gets kisses and good morning hugs.

 

“Hi babies. Merry Christmas.” Joohyun tells them first.

 

“Merry Christmas, kids.” Seulgi says just as warmly.

 

“Can we open presents now!” Sooyoung asks first.

 

“Yeah, presents!!” Yeri and Wonwoo nod together.

 

“Yes, we can open presents. Mommy and I, will be there in a minute alright.” The raven agrees. It doesn’t take long before they are all jumping all over the place and running out the door. Sooyoung, the oldest is way in the lead with Yeri pushing her brother out of her way.

 

“Ow, come on, noona. Don’t push me!”

 

“Shut up, you brat!”

 

“Yerimie, stop, and be nice to your brother.” Joohyun tells her middle child.

 

“But, why should I.”

 

“He’s your brother, Yerimie.”

 

“Ugh, fine. Don’t get used to it, Wonwoo. Especially when our little sister is born.”

 

“No, it’ll be a little brother. Sooyoung-noona, wait for us!”

 

“Hurry up then! Or I’ll open my presents, without the both of you.”

 

While their kids argue with one another. Seulgi helps Joohyun out of bed. She honestly looks like she is ready to pop any day now. She caresses her prominent swell.

 

“Why won’t you tell me what we’re having this time, Hyun?”

 

Seulgi doesn’t understand why, Joohyun is keeping this a secret. They found out about their two girls together. And their son was obvious from the ultrasound. Joohyun has a playful smile on her lips.

 

“You’ll find out soon, Seulgi-yah.”

 

“When, after the baby is born?”

 

Joohyun chuckles. The kids are screaming for them to come so they can open presents. The smaller raven takes her hand and leads the way to the living room. All three kids are sitting by the tree anxiously waiting to open their gifts.

 

“Alright, mama and I are here. So go on guys.”

 

“Yes! Finally!” Sooyoung shouts first.

 

“Presents!!” Yeri grabs one of the pink ones she knows are for her. But she hands her brother one too. “Here, Wonwoo.”

 

“Thank you, noona.” He smiles, eyes forming crescents.

 

“Yeah, don’t say I never give you anything.”

 

The couple sit on one of the couches, side by side, and watch as their children open up all their gifts. It’s always a wonderful feeling to be able to watch their smiling faces, as they get practically all the things they wanted. Yeri has more plushies, happily holding them to her. Sooyoung has the book collection she begged for. Wonwoo, with his mini toy drum set for example.

 

“Mama, mommy. What about your gifts?” Their oldest wonders.

 

The couple usually wait until later when it’s more settled to exchange gifts for one another. Right now it’s about their children.

 

“Mama has already given me a wonderful gift.” Seulgi tells them as she gently caresses Joohyun’s swell.

 

Joohyun smiles warmly, before pecking her wife’s cheek. She feels similar as this is yet another gift her other half has given to her. They have three children already whom, Joohyun loves so. All gifts that, Seulgi has given to her.

 

“Yes, mommy has given me one of my gifts already. So, why don’t you guys help clean up this wrapping paper and I’ll make breakfast, alright?” The raven bargains with them. Excited about the idea of breakfast on Christmas as it’s always special and filled with so many of everyone’s favorite foods. The trio get to work cleaning up and dragging their toys to their rooms. Joohyun gently pulls, Seulgi into the kitchen. They share a few kisses before pulling away.

 

“Hyun, you don’t have to cook right now especially if you don’t feel up to it.”

 

“No, don’t worry, baby. I’m fine to make breakfast but we’re alone now. So, do you want to know what the of our baby is.”

 

Seulgi nods, of course she wants to know. She has the suspicion that it’s another girl, and Joohyun didn’t have the heart to break it to their son. Poor, Wonwoo will be surrounded by girls. Well, technically he won’t be the only one with a . Since, mommy has one as well. But it’s not the same as him getting a little brother.

 

“Yes, Hyun. I don’t know why you’re keeping it so secret. You’re about to have the baby soon and I still don’t know if it’s a boy or girl.”

 

Joohyun hugs her before kissing her lips a few times. Then she whispers.

 

“I’m having twins, Seulgi-yah.”

 

Seulgi hears what she tells her. Her mind has currently disintegrated into mush, but she has heard that, Joohyun said she has two babies in her belly right now. They’re having twins! Not baby 4 only. But babies 4 and 5. Joohyun could only chuckle at her stunned expression.

 

“Yeobo? Are you okay?”

 

“Um, twins, Hyunnie?”

 

The shorter woman nods again, and places Seulgi’s hands to her swell.

 

“I wanted to surprise, you first. Then we’ll figure out how to tell the kids. That it’s not just one baby but two.”

 

That’s when it fully hits, Seulgi. Her wife is carrying their twins. She grabs her and pulls her to a seat.

 

“Oh my god sit, Hyunnie. You’re carrying our babies!”

 

“Seul, I’m fine. You weren’t this worked up before, when you thought it was one.”

 

“Our babies, Hyunnie!” Seulgi repeats. “You should be off your feet more. Well, no wonder you look like you’re going to pop. There are two of them!”

 

The pregnant raven frowns and pretends to be upset.

 

“You calling me fat, Seul?” She starts off in a serious tone.

 

“What, no of course not. But wow, two babies.”

 

Seulgi bends down to kiss her swell. This whole time she thought it was just one child. It’s actually two babies. Seulgi is of course thrilled to be adding more to their family. Joohyun runs her fingers through brown locks.

 

“Yeah, two babies. We’ll have double trouble when they are born.”

 

“I love you so much, Hyunnie. Thank you for this.”

 

“You did help, Seul, remember?”

 

“Yeah.” The taller woman chuckles. “But, what are they. Two boys, two girls, or one of each?”

 

“Close your eyes, okay. I’ll show you the of our babies.”

 

Seulgi nods and does as her wife asks. Joohyun gets up and pulls out a tray of cookies she made last night. She decorated them with the colors that would right away help, Seulgi realize.

 

“Okay, baby open your eyes.” Joohyun whispers tenderly.

 

When she does it’s to see a plate full of bright pink cookies. The twins are girls, oh poor, Wonwoo indeed. He’s going to be surrounded by sisters.

 

“Oh, Hyunnie, baby girls.”

 

“Yeah, our poor son huh. He wants a brother so badly but he is going to get two new sisters.”

 

“We’ll help him get over it.”

 

“We will, I love you, Seul. Merry Christmas.”

 

Before Seulgi can say it back. They can hear arguing heading their way.

 

“Stop pushing me, Yerimie.” Sooyoung complains.

 

“Then walk faster, unnie!”

 

“It’s not my fault you both are so small.”

 

“You’re mean, Sooyoung-noona. I can’t wait for my new brother to be here to stop you.”

 

Wonwoo complains and that makes both, Yeri and Sooyoung laugh.

 

“You’re never getting a brother, Wonwoo-yah. You’ll be stuck with us girls forever!”

 

“No!” He complains.

 

Joohyun and Seulgi share a laugh together. They don’t have the heart to tell him now he’s getting two sisters. Maybe, after Christmas. Seulgi wraps an arm around her waist.

 

“Two more to add to all that chaos?” Seulgi teases.

 

“Yeah.” Joohyun nods. “But you know I wouldn’t change anything. I have you, and our family. That’s really all I need Seulgi.”

 

“Me too, Merry Christmas, Hyunnie and I love you. Let’s go get the kids huh?”

 

“Yeah, let’s break them up before we find someone in a closet again.”

 

The couple walk off together hand in hand, to settle their kids down so that they can have breakfast soon. Seulgi knows she wouldn’t possibly change a thing either. She’s married to the love of her life. They have their three, mostly wonderful kids. And are about to add two new additions to their family. It’s by far another wonderful Christmas indeed at the Kang family house.

 

A/N: Happy Holidays everyone, thanks for reading and have a great upcoming new year.