Black suit guy

coffee shop

Skyscrapers were towering out of the ground. The streets were busy and cars were droven everywhere. Bad air and heavy crowds could be seen on a daily basis. A young woman ran out of the underground station having a fight with her boyfriend about the dress she bought recently. Two little kids hid behind a street lamp, giggling and laughing at their dad, who looked around helplessly and growled in frustration. Admidst the stressful city, surrounded by banks and offices where business men and women went in and out, there was a little coffee shop. Small, but cozy. Sunlight shined throught the huge windows and lightened the whole room. For once the store was really full. In the afternoon most people were on their way home and visited in to grab a coffee or students, who have just finished their lessons, came in to study. Tons of waiters and baristas in bordeaux coloured uniforms were scurrying around and serving cups of coffee and plates with cupcakes. Their facial expressions and the sweat running down their bodies showed clearly how this was the busiest time of the day where hard work was the name of the game. Hidden behind a high counter and even taller colleagues a smiling man was filling up a cup of coffee. That was Park Chanyeol.

 

Everyone around the streets of this area of Seoul knew the happy giant. He was a little celebrity for the people here. Whenever he would work here more then half of the customers greeted him with a knowing smile or a sweet ,,How are you doing, sweetie?". Especially the young 8th graders from the local highschool visited the coffee shop several times a week just to handsome Chanyeol-oppa a little. He recieved admiration from everywhere and no one could really hate him because his gummy and smile and his comforting aura seemed too kind for anyone to dislike it. He had always been living in Seoul and even went to school in the city but when he got into SNU to study medicine he had to change location and start to earn money by himself. First he helped an old woman in her clothing shop but with her death the closure of the store came so he was on the streets again. Luckily his best friend Jongdae, who has just finished his time at the Korean university, had to terminate his employment at the coffee shop because of the offer of studying abroad in Bejing given to him. When he heard that Chanyeol was looking for a job he eranged a few thing here and there and with that saved Chanyeol from becoming broke once again. Since that day Chanyeol was one of the most popular people among the street and still loved by all of his colleagues including his boss.

 

,,Can't you hurry up a bit, Chanyeol-ah?" A black haired boy with his tie backwards and the apron in danger of falling off his hips rushed behind the counter to take out another plate and placed a beautiful decorated cupcake on it. His hair hanged in his face and his eyes were showing a bit of stress. ,,For god's sake, I'm Yixing hyung. I'm already working as fast as I can." Chanyeol rolled his eyes. The Chinese exchange student had always been a perfectionst. Since the Korean male had seen him walking around the campus helplessly trying to get to the headteacher's office with the poor Korean he knew two years ago. ,,Work harder, you!" With those words coming off his tongue he grabbed the plate and hurried to the other end of the store again. Chanyeol chuckled a little. Yixing really had to make everything seem worse and more alarming than it actually was. Just when he was about to go to the kitchen to help the girls in there a bit a heavily breathing young man came up to him. ,,Hyung", he started to whine, ,,My legs hurt already and my arms are close to falling off. Can you spell me at waitressing, please?" He looked at with deer-like eyes and tried acting as cute as possible. The sweat on the bronze skin was sparkling the light of the late afternoon-sun. His little pout and the muscular arms stood in strong contrast but the him almost lying on the table made Chanyeol give in to his dongsaeng. But then again, who could say no to a small looking Jongin using his cuteness on him? ,,But only because I'm having a nice day. Go in and rest a little, Jongin. You do look exhausted to be honest." Jongin smiled at him with a warm face and walked across the corner. With a quick look around Chanyeol checked which tables still needed the thing they ordered. Satisfied he saw that Jongin definitly had a reason to be tired. Every table had a cup and some even a plate with baked goods on them. Just when he walked to the juke box to change the song, which was certainly one of the worst he had ever heard, suddenly the familiar sound of the bell on the door resonated. Chanyeol's eyes wandered to the shop's entrance curiously. With the beginning notes of It's first love by Na Yoon Kwon & IU a small man with unkempt brown hair wearing a black suit came into the room. His preoccupied appreance and the load of loose papers almost falling out of his three binders and folders made him look like an adorable little princess. Almost automatically Chanyeol rushed to the table the man took a seat at. ,,May I take your order?", he asked kindly. The man looked up at him with a lost expression on his face. His brown eyes, which wore the colour of gold and valuable arch and shined in the sun light, were more beautiful than any pair of eyes Chanyeol had ever looked in. His eyelashes were black and thick and complimented the round eyes. The pale soft skin stood in strong contrast with the black suit and gave the man a touch of snow white. Overvall his petite body gave of a lot of feminine vibes and also his soft looking face held more feminine than masculine features. ,,Eh.. Sure. One Latte Macchiato with coconut milk, please", the man said and sank his head again. From that moment on Park Chanyeol knew he was lost. The sound of the soft voice coming out of the boy's mouth had butterflies flying around in his stomach. The voice was high pitched but not so much that it hurt to listen to. It still sounded masculine but had a touch of something girly in it. For some reason the voice made him smile. It comforted him. ,,Sure!" He wrote down the order, although the Latte Macchiato and the tones that came out of the other man's mouth with it were already memorized in his head and repeated constantly, and rushed back to the counter. ,,Taeyeon noona, you wanna make a Latte Macchiato with coconut milk for me?", the innocent giant asked, looking as small as possible. ,,If you clean the tables up there, I'm in", the brunette responded. With a wide smile Chanyeol grabbed the cloth from her hand and went over to the round tables in front of the windows leaving a chuckling Taeyeon behind. With all he had done of course he didn't forget the cute business man he had just taken an order from. When he stood here he could take a perfect look at him rather than when he was making coffee behind the huge counter where he wouldn't even see the hair of the guy.

 

The young business man on the other hand was stressed to the extreme. He had a million paper lying in front of him and loads of work to do. After he finished university about a year ago he immediately had to take over his father's company. From an early age Byun Baekhyun had been taught that it was his duty to continue with the family business. His entire life had been planned before he was even born. He would go to kindergarden, graduate from school with straight A's, go to university and get a masters diploma, take over the company, marry a pretty woman, have kids and then leaving the business in his children's hands after he died. End of the story. Even though he had fulfilled all of his parents' dreams up until now he had never been completely happy with it. Especially the whole dating and having kids thing bothered him. He never really had a thing for women. It wasn't that they annoyed him, no, he just didn't see anything necessarily attractive or overwhelming in them. When he thought about it he had never really seen anything attractive in anyone. But that changed when he got into this very coffee shop and a certain waiter took his order. His deep voice and the warming smile made Baekhyun feel safe and comforted for the first time in his life. He might have never believed in love at first sight but there was a first time for everything, wasn't there? When the tall guy had first started talking Baekhyun could already sense a strange feeling in his stomach. But after he eventually lifted his head and told the waiter what he wanted to order his head turned into an actual red tomato from the hottest time in summer. His cheeks were heating up and it felt like he his face was literally on fire. After he had calmed himself down a little he decided to look up again. But to his disappointment the handsome guy was already gone. Almost feeling a bit sad at the loss he sighed quietly, took out his pen and grabbed his binder. If he only knew how the handsome waiter was already drawn in sweet thoughts starring at the young CEO.

 

,,Yah, Chanyeol-ah!", a loud voice could be heard from across the room. Tons of eyes were suddenly on the smiling giant cleaning the tables. Even the cute suit guy lifted his head for short time when Chanyeol hurried through the shop, head burning red in embarrassment. ,,Noona, did you have to be so loud?", he hissed. ,,Don't look at me like that - I tried whispering but you wouldn't take a even a look at my direction. Instead your eyes were pinned on a certain young man in a black suit." Taeyon smirked knowingly. ,,No, no, no, please don't do anything that'll make me wanna get a fake mustache and change my name to Carlos Pablo", he begged - thoughts again filled with the soft face of the beauty in black. ,,I'm simply trying to get you the boy's attention", she pouted. Chanyeol could feel his face heating up again. ,,Wh-What? I don't want anyone's attention!" Was it really that obvious? Taeyeon looked at him with a face that literally said Don't even try. I know everything and you can definitly not fool me again. She chuckled. ,,As you wish. Then this gives me the permission to go up to him and ask him out I guess?" Chanyeol already opened his mouth to protestate before he could even realise what that action meant in association with the question his noona had asked him just a few seconds ago. His face was already red as a firetruck when the blonde girl broke out in laughter. ,,Then at least have the balls to ask him out. C'mon Channie!" ,,N-No! Do I look like you? I'm not that brave" His voice turned more and more quiet. He couldn't just go up to the other guy and ask him out! Also he probably liked girls, so that settled the case.

 

A few metres away and for once completely neglected by Chanyeol a stressed Byun Baekhyun began to drown in despair. On one hand he was virtually being filled up with filled up with tons of paper work that he had to finish until Monday which broke his nerves and on the other hand there was this cute barista who made his stomach flip a million times. His expression was so adorably friendly and dorky that it made Baekhyun want to squish his cheeks for the rest of his life. But he also looked like a caring and protective person with that giant height and those big hands who seemed to be that type of person who could give Baekyhun all the love and appreciation he craved for. Baekhyun has always been kinda lonely. It just wasn't visible to others. There had always been people around him and he had tons of friends, but he never really felt comfortable. His father taught him to always be representative and be likeable to others.

Everyone loves you but you don't love anyone

But that just wasn't him. He wanted to feel safe; to feel like home. He wanted to have a relationship. But not like one he was expected to have with Yoona, one where he only had a partner out of business reasons. No - he wanted to wake up in the morning and have to smile because the love of his life was sleeping next to him. He wanted to share cute cuddle sessions and steel kisses. He wanted to cook together and go on short vacations. Baekhyun sighed. He knew that was never going to happen. First of all, he wasn't necessarly that attractive and seconds, he was at work 24/7. A cold feeling overcame him as he looked at the hectic people hurrying home from their work outsid eof the coffee shop. 

,,Ok, just go up and say "Hey, I'm Chanyeol. Nice to meet you. I wondered if you maybe want to grab a coffee with me"" ,,We are the coffee, noona", said guy panicked. He and Taeyeon had been discussing ways to ask the cute business man out for solid fifteen minutes. ,,Ok, ok.. Mmh.. How about - no, that'd be embarrassing. Uhm..." ,,Just leave a small note with your name and number on his table after you bring him the coffee.", a thin voice said out of nowhere. Chanyeol and Taeyeon turned around rapidly. ,,Jongin-ah!", the giant smiled, ,,How are you? Are you feeling better? Did you have a headache or something?" ,,No need to mother me", Jongin laughed. ,,Yah, you can't just leave work, you punk!", Taeyeon added a bit louder. ,,Well, you also don't have to shout at me", the guy pouted. With the cute expression on his face the girl's anger began to wear off. Of course her adorable dongsaeng was her weak spot. ,,I should just leave a note?", Chanyeol changed the subject. Jongin lifted his head and nodded in excitement. ,,So, when he's interested he will either text you later or stay a bit longer and talk to after your shift is over. And when he isn't interested, which I highly doubt, he will just leave, you will probably never see him again and there is no need to be embarrassed." If he was honest Chanyeol kinda liked the idea. Yes - he actually was kind of an outgoing person, but when it came to ask someone out he became the shyest person ever. Quickly he took a piece of paper from his pad and grabbed a pen. What could possibly go wrong?

,,Eh, your-your coffee", a deep stuttering voice roused Baekhyun from slumber. A bit confused he looked up just to meet the brown eyes of the cute waiter. Automatically his face began to turn red and he averted his eyes shyly. ,,Thanks", he muttered and reached for the handle to take a sip. But when he lifted the cup a small note appeared. Surprised he put the cup down again and unfolded it. 

 

Call me if you wanna grab a coffee together next time;)

xoxo Chanyeol

 

Baekhyun blushed a little. When he turned around and looked at the counter a tall barista was hiding his smile behind another blonde girl. Without even noticing it, Baekhyun began to grin widely and immediatly took out his phone to safe the guy's number. He definitly wasn't going to let that opportunity slip. His hands were trembling a little while typing in the number but the young man didn't care. Happily putting away his phone he took a sip from his coffee and smiled at the sight of the people on the streets. He couldn't remember the last time his body felt that full of happiness. And with the next drop of sweet whipped cream touching his tongue suddenly the grey clouds outside didn't seem that grey after all.