First chapter

Nothing's broken but my heart.

Jong's POV: 

"Jong-hyung!"

I heard my name being called loudly across the crowded cafeteria, and I immediately knew who it was. Of course I would! Key and I had been the best of friends all throughout kinder, up into primary school, and all throughout high school. We both felt that it was more than luck that we would always be put together in the same classes throughout our school-life, and we expected that this would continue even in college. So, it came as a surprise when we found out that we would be in completely different classes, and that we had chosen two completely different paths. Still, we took every opportunity to hang out during break, on weekends and after classes. 

"Oh! Hey Key!" I waved at him as he neared, a big smile on his face. I wasn't usually observant, but when it came to Key...Well, there was something different about him today. Somehow. As usual, we ate together and talked. To others, our conversations seemed weird, but we just had so many things to tell each other, no matter how often we talked, and Key always said something that made me laugh.

 

Key's POV:

I sat down together with Jong, with him talking animately about what happened on the way home last night. I nodded and listened, resting my head on my hands and gazing at him. Just looking at him made my heart beat fast, and I hadn't known what it was until yesterday, when I had confessed my feelings for him to my mum. She had found it weird at first, but didn't say why. She only told me to be careful of my feelings, and if I was sure that I was describing exactly what I felt when I was near Jong. (At first, she thought that there must have been something wrong with my heart, but apparently, as I talked, it became obvious to her that it wasn't.) I thought back to our conversation.

"It's called love, Key." My mum said, running her hands through my hair. 

"L-love? For my best friend?" At that time, I thought it was impossible. From what I knew of love, it only existed between a male and a female, so what was happening between me and Jong? I knew we had a special bond between us the first time I saw him. As a child, I was often alone and didn't open myself to others much. The teachers had often told my mother that perhaps I had psychological problems, but she believed in me and thought that one day, I would get better by myself. And to her, I did seem to have. But reality is, it was actually Jong's postive influence, and his amazing personality that brightened up my world. I wonder if his heart beats fast when he sees or thinks of me too...

"Hey Jong-oppa!" The voice of a girl called behind me. I turned around and saw a very beautiful girl. Sure, she was beautiful, but I didn't like her. I don't know why, but there's something about the way she acts with Jong-hyung...

"Oh, hi~!" Jong smiled at her, waving. He was truly happy, wasn't he? Well, that was fine. As long as he's happy, I'm happy. I turned to face her and held out my hand. 

"I'm Kim Kibum. You can call me Key!" I smiled as she bowed slightly and shook my hand, but I was surprised because she seemed unwilling to introduce herself to me. 

"What's your name?" I felt the need to ask. 

There was no reply, and I felt myself tensing up. I wasn't used to being ignored - perhaps I've been too pampered by Jong-hyung?

"Oh, she's Eunmi, a classmate." Jong rushed to break the tense silence between us, smiling sheepishly at her.  I glanced at Jong. Just a classmate? "Do you need anything?" 

Eunmi shook her head, smiling at Jong sweetly. I stared at Jong's expression. It was one I had never seen him wear in front of me, and one that I often had on my face when I sat in front of the mirror thinking of Jong. Was it an expression of love? Had Jong already been taken? Eunmi waved, walking away, and Jong stared after her, a look of longing in his eyes. 

"Hyung? Hyung!" I exclaimed loudly, trying to get his attention back. "You never talked about her to me. Is she nice?" 

Jong nodded, and I smiled. Well, it didn't matter too much. I just wanted Jong to be happy, and what's best for him, but I couldn't help feeling a little....lost. I wondered if Jong would ever realise my feelings without me confessing. I could see that Jong wanted to drop the matter, so I quickly switched subjects, quickly catching him back into our tide of interesting conversations. 

 

Jong's POV:

I watched Eunmi go. I loved everything about her - her elegant postures, her beautiful face, her laugh, and her voice. She was too perfect - there wasn't even one flaw. At least in my eyes. Some people often about her behind her back, and I get so angry. But do I deserve her? I decided that after i finished college in a few months, I would propose to her. We knew each other well enough. Every other day that I hadn't been hanging out with Key, I had spent time with her. She had become as important to me as Key was, and I hate to admit it, but perhaps more. In just a mere few years, my love for her had grown almost too much to bear.

It was just...would she accept me? I'm not too sure, since we haven't really done...anything...yet, and she seems so unaware of my feelings. 

"Hyung? Hyung!" Key was calling me, and I snapped my attention back to him. "You never talked about her to me. Is she nice?"

I nodded at him and he smiled. Key was so nice. I couldn't ask for a better best friend. And I hadn't told him about her, just because...for some reason, I felt that he wouldn't be too happy, but he seemed to be in even better spirits than now. 

"So...did you watch that amazing movie on telly the other day? It had so much plot! And..." Key had moved onto another subject, and in a way, I was glad. I was head over heels for Eunmi, and it was nice to take a break from worrying about her too much. 

"Mmm, yeah it was! I liked how..." We agreed on almost everything, it was uncanny. 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone!! :D

Hmmmm, so the first chapter is up. Sorry if it's a bit weird! Depending on how I feel like, I might stop writing in character POVs, just cos I find it a bit hard.
I'll see.  :O

So...HOW DID YOU FIND IT??!! Personally, I find this chaptera bit...inactive. Nothing reeally happens much, but I needed to let you guys know why Jong and Key are so close and stuff, so yeahhhh. 

ANYWAYSSSS, Pleeeassseeee COMMENT to let me know how I'm doing!!! And also SUBSCRIBE if you like!!!

Thanks for reading, and hope you will continue to read and enjoy this fanfic. ^.^

BTW: Happy Chinese New Yearr!!! For all those other lucky people who get hong bao's, hope you get lots!!! I felt the need to publish this first chapter up no matter what because today was chinese new year. Bai bai until next update!!

~SHINsUpaKB2isst