Final

Merong Deja Vu

A/N: Inspired by the "merong" moment in the Peekaboo making film. Watch if you haven't yet!

 

---

 

After a long day of filming on set for their music video, everyone turned themselves in their designated rooms for the night.

 

Wendy left her room, off to the hallway, in hopes of finding their manager, but she ran into another person instead.

 

“Joohyun unnie.”

 

Said person was drawing nearer, as near as they were just hours ago, during the dreadful exchange (at least, to Wendy) of playful teasing along with Joy.

 

“What were you doing?”, Wendy blurted out in a bashful, accusing way.

 

“I was looking for reception—”

 

“You know what I mean, unnie.”

 

Irene was confused for a second, then her expression quickly turned mischievous.

 

Wendy realized that she was, again, defeated even with her attempt to “fight” and ask for an explanation.

 

“You looked like you wanted to kiss me, Seungwan.”

 

The younger had an embarrassed expression on her face, a total contrast with the sly one on the older’s.

 

It was true.

 

She had her stupid whipped lovesick face on after Irene did that thing to her. 

 

“…”

 

“Go ahead. Kiss me now.”

 

Irene further as she moved even closer to caress the other girl’s hair, similar to the way she did earlier.

 

It was déjà vu for Wendy, but more intimate as she felt that the touches were painstakingly slower and more careful through the tresses of her hair. Irene’s hands lightly touched her shoulders, and at the very end slanted down to her collarbones to rest.

 

Wendy then took the chance to bring both hands down from her chest to hold them in hers. 

 

This was her lightbulb moment to get back at Irene.

 

She brought one hand up to hold the older girl’s face very delicately— an indication that she was ready to do what the other commanded her to. With focused eyes on lips, she started leaning in towards Irene who already closed her eyes.

 

It was a quiet moment until—

 

“Merong,” Wendy whispered closely into Irene’s ear.

 

Irene’s eyes fluttered open in the speed of light. She smiled.

 

“Seungwan, I told you to kiss me.”

 

Irene sounded slightly annoyed albeit the playfulness in her voice.

 

“I…”

 

Wendy was ready to greet her doom, but instead, her lips were greeted with a sweet taste of vanilla.

 

And strawberries.

 

A moment passed. More vanilla.

 

Vanilla and strawberries are the best, she thought. It felt like the combination could linger forever.

 

Another moment passed. Sloppier.

 

Then, the taste was no longer there.

 

“Merong,” vanilla lips muttered with matching strawberry tongue out.

 

Wendy had her stupid whipped lovesick face on again.

 

 

---

 

Other works (shameful promo)