Moving On... (Sequel to stuck with the Jerk!)

Moving On...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chorong's POV

 

 


I stood facing the huge, five star hotel as I let the cool breeze brush against my face. This building is filled with all sorts of heart breaking memories. It was where I discovered painful things which were being hidden from me for so long. It's where I had my heart broken, got engulfed with guilt hence swore to never come back... Yet here I am, standing face to face with the most horrible nightmare of my life. 


It has been two years since I last saw this place... Yes, exactly two years ago when I got stuck in that damn elevator, I still don't know what drove me into coming back anyway... 


After what happened in the past, I decided to travel to Japan and stay with my Aunt who lives there... 

 

I decided to start afresh, open a new book of my life and burn the previous one, ensuring I don't leave traces of the past behind. I wanted to live there and never come back to Seoul... 

 

Yet here I am. Throwing ones life and erasing all the people who played a great role in it is surely a hard thing to do, If impossible. 


One thing I was able to get over was my love for Mark. It's better to get rid of your feeling for someone if the breakup wasn't on good terms... But it's hard if it was done when the both of you are still in good terms. The fact that he cheated on me made me hate him and have the power to get over my feeling for him. 


Even that wasnt really easy, It did take long...


~~Flashback~~


Mark kept glancing at me while we were inside the elevator. My smirk didn't leave my face as I looked at him. Soon, tears started rolling down my cheeks... That smirk I had on didn't hide the pain I felt since my eyes proved otherwise. Mark got even more worried when he saw me in tears. 


Despite that, I still had the evil smirk on, making him unable to predict my next moves. The moment the elevator reached the Ground Floor, it's doors flew open and we all walked out. Once outside the lift, I called Mark's name and that coward simply stood on his tracks with his back facing me. 


"Do you know her? Who the is she? ", asked his girlfriend as she nudged him on his ribs while shotting me a glare. 


Since Mark was too much of a coward to answer, I did it on his behalf. 


"I'm his ex-girlfriend. Actually, became his 'EX' at this moment when I discovered he's been cheating on me with you... Sorry to tell you this but your dear boyfriend is dating so many girls apart from you and me", I chuckled. 


My answer earned me Mark's full attention since he turned to face me. 

 

" Ex-girlfriend?", he asked in a low voice. 


I took off our couple ring, grabbed his hand and placed it on his palm. 


"We're over Mark", I hissed before looking at his hand and that's when I realised he wasn't wearing our couple ring. 


So he took it off inorder to look single? 


" You shouldn't have given me this piece of trash if it ment nothing to you.. You shouldn't have asked me to wear 24/7 when you don't even bother wearing yours. You're such a fool Mark, do you know that? ", I yelled at him. This time I didn't bother to hold back my tears, I let them flow freely down my cheeks. 


The pain was too much...


How could he play such a dirty game with me? 


His girlfriend was simply looking at us with open. She must be shocked to discover all this. 


Once I was done saying what I wanted to, I walked away leaving Mark with his girlfriend who was now yelling and throwing her fists on Mark's chest. 


I thought that coward was gonna chase after me... 


But I guess all those years of dating ment absolutely nothing to him... 


Once I was back at home, I went straight to my room, threw myself on the bed, buried my face in my pillow before crying all my pain out. I don't know how long I cried, but I ended up drifting off to sleep in that situation. 


The next morning, I woke up with a terrible headache. Thank God it was a weekend otherwise I would have been forced to go to work with this horrible headache. I tossed my blanket aside, got off my bed and walked to the dressing where I looked at my reflection on the mirror. The word "horrible" wassn't enough to describe my appearance at that moment. My eyes were puffy and red, my face was kinda swollen and my lips looked really dry. 


I sighed and stared walking towards the bathroom when I heard my phone ring. 


"Unknown caller", was what appeared on my phone's screen together with the caller's number. I looked at the strange number for a while... 


It looked quiet familiar. 


Is it Suho? 


Speaking of him, I haven't saved his number when he told me to do so. I mean, who in my condition would even bother saving people's numbers anyway. 


I looked at my phone's screen, contemplating on whether I should pick up the call or not. After around ten seconds of battling with my insides, I decided to pick it up. 


"Hello... Chorongah, are you OK? ", he asked since he noticed I was quiet. 


I took a deep breath before amswering


" Not at all Suho", and my tears started flowing down my cheeks again. 


I thought I had none left since I cied them all out yesterday night. 


" Wanna talk? ", he asked


" Yes, I do"


"Go on, I'm listening"


Immediately, I poured all my frustration over last night's events as I talked to him. He kept listening to all my rumblings without cutting me off, without excusing himself to go do something important... He simply listened and comforted me where he could. 


He is a busy man, the fact that he owns a hotel means he's busy even if it's on weekends but still, he was there to listen to all that I had to pour out which was suffocating my fragile heart... 


It touched me...


And burnt me at the same time since I couldn't give him what he wanted...


Which is Love


I also envied him, he went through so much yet he's still able to stand strong and face life On the other hand, I felt so fragile that I could be blown off by the wind in any moment. 


Days passed, Mark kept pestering me every now and them, begging me to reconcile with him. He even said that he broke up with the girl I caught him cheating on me with. He said he'll change... 


A part of me wanted to believe him


But I wasn't ready to toss myself in another lie. 


Every time I felt suffocated, I'd pick up my phone and call Suho to pour my pain out. It became like a daily routine, and he was always there to listen to my complaints. He tried his best to make my mode lighter. I was always thankful on how he'd put all his efforts in trying to make me smile. 


But the fact that I can't give him what he wanted burnt me. I couldn't stop feeling guilty every time he tries to make it easier for me. I slowly grew sick of it, wanting to forget it all. I wanted to forget about Mark, to forget that we once were a thing... And mostly, to forget that I unintentionally broke Kim Junmyeon's heart while loving someone who didn't deserve even the tiniest bit of my love... 


I wanted to get over all that before it completely eats up my heart. 


Once I thought enough was enough, I decided to meet Suho and talk all my future plans out with him. I can't keep the guy hanging for long yet I have nothing to give him. 


" Yes sure, I'll be there in 30 minutes... There are some stuff I'm attending to... But you are OK right? ", He replied to my meeting request in a tone filled with concern. 


" It's OK, I'll wait... See you, bye", I said before hanging off. I was currently sitting on a bench located in the park which is close to the High School I attended years ago. I loved this place since I was a High school student. I visited it  every time I felt like I was in some kind of trouble and needs to calm down... 


I somehow wanted to bead goodbye to this place as well. 


Around 30 minutes later, I saw Junmyeon approaching me from a distance before taking a seat next to me. I didn't have the guts to look at him, I was feeling guilty of what I was about to say... 


It's for the best anyways


Whether I like it or not, our story has to end before it even starts... 


If I hang on for longer, I'll only end up hurting him even more, and I don't want that. 


" So tell me, what's bothering you? I'm all yours", he said as he placed his hand on top of mine. 


I'm all yours... 


Every time he says it, it stings my heart, making it throb in pain


It hurts, cause you're all mine, yet I can't be all yours...


I suddenly lost the power to talk as I felt a lump in my throat. 


 Junmyeon, please don't make this hard for me... 


" Chorongah... ", he softly called my name as he held my chin, making me face him. He looked directly into my eyes and once again I could see all the deep feelings has for me. 


" I wanna go away... Away from Seoul, away from you Junmyeon", I said while averting my gaze from him. Junmyeon stayed quiet and I continued.


" It's just that... I want to move on, and thought the best way to do is by moving out of Seoul. My Aunt lives in Japan, Its been a while since I told her that I'm interested in living with her and she assured me with the qualifications I have, I can get a pretty decent job there. I have nothing left for me here... You know I have been staying with my Grandma since my parents died and now that she too is no longer there, I don't think I have anything left for me here", I said while lifting my face to look at him as I smiled faintly.


It's true that I have been left with nothing here since Grandma died in the past two years, but was just holding on because I believed here is where I grew up and where I'm ment to be... Mark too played a great role in letting me continue to stay here in Seoul, but I guess everything has an end... 


And my stay here came to an end too. 


He was still quiet, looking at me with an unrea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter