Final

Crazy
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Her world went into an absolute disaster. Waves of sadness overwhelmed her mind, while her heart and everything else utterly ached. All she wanted to do was cry for hours, while hugging her knees, with her face hidden against her kneecaps. Her vision started to become blurry as her puffy eyes began to fill with her tears again. She tried not to bump into anything and tried to avoid getting into people's way. Her sole focus was to go to the alcohol section, with determination to get as many bottles as she can to down everything at home.



A sigh escaped her smooth soft lips as she stood before the two stocked aisles of varieties. Her eyes browsed through the shelves that contained them. There were packaged beer, fancy bottled wines, and hard liquor that was at the end of the aisle. Her cart was pushed through both lanes while she grabbed a six pack of beer, a bottle of wine, and definitely a large bottle of the hard liquor. She was ready to down it all in her gloomy room.



Her hands gripped the handle, pushing the cart towards the cashiers. With a buzzing phone in her purse, she tried her best to ignore it and patiently waited in line as she set her items on the conveyor belt. The phone continues to buzz once more, and then for the third time, it finally pushed her buttons to grab it, to recognize who it was.



“Having a party today?” the male helper beamed while he scanned the different bottles. “Uh… something like that…” she slowly slipped her phone away again, almost thanking him for distracting her.  “I see, well, I hope you have fun miss,” he nodded his head and handed her items in a bag once the transaction was finished.



Once she made her way to the exit, her phone buzzed once again. “Who the–” she left the cart by the doors, and took her bag. She had a long way to her apartment since she was practically a snail now with her feet dragging along the way. Her eyes flickered at the name on her phone’s screen. Tears were beginning to pile up in the corners of her eyes and were soon to collected themselves at the middle and drip down against her pale cheeks. “Mark… Tuan…” her voice trailed off as she whispered his name in the chilly night. While answering the call, she held it against her ear without saying anything.



“Hello? Bora? Hello?” his low husky voice melted her heart as always. She could listen to him talk all day and be unbored with it. “I just wanted to apologize for everything… I know everything was sudden and didn’t have the chance to say sorry, so I’m saying this now…”



Bora compressed her lips as she felt more tears fall down to the edge of her jaw. The vivid memory of him breaking up with her reappeared in her mind and the amount of pain and pressure that she felt they were creeping back up. Her chest started hurting to the point she had to stop by a nearby storefront to keep calm.



It had been a sunny day. She had just come home from work with a couple of his favorite pastries that were bought on her way home. The one he likes were usually out and since he hadn’t consumed them in a while, she decided to get them for him when she saw them get freshly put out. However, once she stumbled on unlocking the door, she had to face two bags of the suitcases just by the front door and him standing by them.



It wasn’t an ordinary break up since he just told her they were over and he had stormed out of the complex, leaving her without answers.



At that moment, Bora’s world had suddenly crumbled into small pieces as to her heart was sha

Please log in to read the full chapter