01.

Unexpected

word count: 5,603
 

 

“How long will it take to get my results back?” You asked as you fiddled with your fingers after getting some blood work done. You couldn’t help but feel even more stressed out than before. School and work could not compare with this. Nothing would, to be honest. Well, maybe Kyungsoo’s reaction but you weren’t going to tell him just yet.

 

Nurse Yura was busy jotting down notes on her clipboard. The sound of the black ballpoint pen hitting the paper made a tingly feeling crawl down from your head down to your toes. “About two to three days, dear. We’ll call you using the number you left at the front desk.” The nurse then looked up from her notes to give you a gentle smile. She could see the way tears welled up in your eyes. “Don’t worry too much and don’t stress yourself out too much either. It will be fine, Y/N.”

 

You chuckled in disbelief at your recklessness that night. You still couldn’t believe how dumb you had been getting drunk with Kyungsoo, coming back to a private apartment where he made love to you for the very first time. Everything felt intense that night but even on your first night together, there was no use of protection, and you were both under the influence to put the frosting on the cake. God, how stupid could you both be?

 

It wasn’t that you regretted your first night with Kyungsoo. You didn’t, at all. You loved it, in fact; couldn’t stop gushing about it to a shy Kyungsoo who remained quiet on the other side of the line, occasionally uttering something akin to a groan to get you to be quiet, but you were so in love and so high on Kyungsoo's quiet groans and moans that you couldn't help yourself.

 

Still reminiscing the night that happened just two weeks ago on November 7th where the cold outside was almost unbearable but Kyungsoo’s warm smile was just enough to keep you feeling warm and cozy, your phone vibrated on your bedroom table where you had your Psychology book out with a green highlighter and penguin pen Kyungsoo had gifted you with. There was a text from the man himself, the one you desperately wanted to see but also the one you were dreading to see because you knew Kyungsoo was always the one to catch on to things right away. Maybe at times, he would seem a little bit indifferent or even sometimes oblivious to specific situations, but you couldn't expect anything else from him. He was doing his best.

 

Kyungsoo ♡♡ 9:50 PM
Meet me at the café down the street in ten?

 

There was no hello, no nothing from Kyungsoo but you thought nothing of it since your mind was currently preoccupied with other delicate thoughts, so you answered back, leaving your computer chair as you rushed to your bathroom to freshen up and get dressed afterward.

 

ஐຸ

 

Strolling through the streets of Seoul late into the night where the moon was high in the sky, road traffic was a light buzz in your ears. You kept quiet while walking beside Kyungsoo who hid his face behind a black face-mask and black cap. As you both were walking beside each other, you noticed Kyungsoo’s hesitance to hold your hand. Although there were no crazy fan-girls around to take pictures or watchful eyes looking for something new to gossip about, Kyungsoo seemed to be somewhat distant tonight. You wondered if he was upset with you or tired from a long day of practicing with his group members.

 

You heard him sigh heavily beside you, so you tried to initiate a conversation even if it was a small question. You just wanted to listen to his voice.

 

“How was work today?” You asked, breaking the silence between the two of you.

 

It took him a few minutes to respond to your question but you, being patient as ever, waited for him.

 

“It was tiring,” came his breathy answer.

 

You expected more from him, but Kyungsoo didn’t say anything else. Snuggling further into your winter coat, you stretched your hand out timidly, reaching for Kyungsoo’s. Your fingers touched, but that was it because he hid his hand in the pocket of his black jacket. You swallowed the lump in your throat, blinking your eyes rapidly.

 

He was probably tired; you thought as your eyes glanced to the side to look at Kyungsoo who was staring ahead.

 

“Soo?” Your voice was filled with hesitancy and a little bit laced with an undertone of hurt. “Are you okay?” You asked, shuffling closer to Kyungsoo to allow a stranger walk past you in haste. The person bumped into you making you stumble against your boyfriend, but Kyungsoo’s way of steadying you was too distant, too unfamiliar.

 

You didn’t know what to think of it.

 

The cold, bitter wind swept through your hair, and you raised your hand up to brush it away from your eyes. You caught Kyungsoo’s stoic expression under the dim yellow light of the street lamp and looked at him the same way but with a softer gaze.

 

Kyungsoo’s voice was a low rumble against your right shoulder, “Are you…” he trailed off, looking away from your soft eyes. He swallowed audibly, but you were unable to hear it.

 

“I’m fine,” you snapped without meaning to.

 

Kyungsoo opened his mouth and then closed it again, the face-mask moving in time with his lips.

 

You stopped him before he could get a word out by placing your hand on his chest little ways from his beating heart and shook your head. Your bottom lip trembled slightly, and you guessed Kyungsoo didn’t see it because his expression hadn’t changed. “Kyungsoo,” you began, inhaling shakily, “if you invited me to hang out with you then I’m sure it was so we can talk and have a nice time together but,” you paused for effect.

 

Before you were able to say something else, Kyungsoo was interrupting you, “I greeted you at the café,” he defended himself, bringing his hand up to take off his black face-mask to be able to speak to you more clearly. He chewed on his bottom lip as his eyes drifted back to your form that was still leaning on his body.

 

“Yes,” you agreed, nodding your head as you stepped away from him, “but that’s all you’ve said to me. You’ve been distant and cold to me and,” your sentence cut off as a lump rose in your throat, eyes growing watery. You shook your head again, the silky locks of your hair swaying in the wind. “Never mind,” you added instead.

 

Kyungsoo watched you for a moment long enough to make you feel small and uncomfortable. His gaze was intense. It felt like he was sorting through your thoughts, flicking through the pages in your mind trying to read you, trying to understand why your voice sounded so steady yet broken. You let him. After all, it was his fault you were like this.

 

You let out a sigh when Kyungsoo said nothing yet again. “If you brought me here so that you can treat me like a ghost then I’m just going to head home. It’s almost twelve in the morning,” you said, gripping the straps of your backpack, “I’m pretty sure no one likes to have someone next to them that ignores you,” you added in lightly, shaking your head as you stared down at the cement. “So, I’ll just go, okay?” You looked up from the ground to give Kyungsoo a smile that didn’t quite reach the corners of your mouth.

 

Kyungsoo was still looking at you but then lowered his eyes down to the floor. “Don’t go,” he pleaded in a low voice and reached out for your cold hands to hold them in his warm ones. “Don’t go, please.”

 

Your smile turned wobbly the more you looked at Kyungsoo. “Don’t go?” You laughed sadly, shaking your head to hide the tears in your eyes. “I should be the one telling you that, Kyungsoo. Is this your way of breaking up with me?” You asked, clearing your throat as you watched Kyungsoo’s head snap up to face you. “Is that what you do, bring out your girlfriend for a stroll and walk beside her as if she doesn’t exist?”

 

Kyungsoo opened his mouth to defend himself, but you cut him off.

 

“How cruel of you to do that.”

 

“No, please,” he almost whispered, “I’m not breaking up with you. It’s just that,” he trailed off, leaving you in suspense.

 

“Stop,” you voiced, bringing your hand up to silence him. “It’s fine, Kyungsoo. If that’s how you want it then so be it. I’ll be okay,” you reassured him even if your heart was detaching itself from your chest. You nodded your head looking away and then back to him, but now you let the tears fall freely. You wanted Kyungsoo to know that he hurt you. “I’ll be okay,” you mumbled brokenly, turning around and away from Kyungsoo’s dark eyes.

 

“You don’t care about me as much as you did before,” you chuckled in a broken way. “You’re still the best boyfriend I’ve ever had even if you were singing and working most of the time. I still loved you for who you were and never took you for granted either. I knew you were in EXO when we first met but Kyungsoo,” you said, turning around to face the singer, “I didn’t agree to date you because you were famous but because I wanted to get to know Doh Kyungsoo, the shy boy who glares at everyone.”

 

“Stop,” he whimpered this time, approaching you cautiously. “Please, I’m not breaking up with you.”

 

“Jongdae told me you liked me a week after we met. Baekhyun told me you loved me two months after.”

 

“Wait,” Kyungsoo cupped your wet cheeks with his trembling hands, but you shook your head, pulling yourself away from him, sniffling as the cold wind bit at your exposed cheeks.

 

“You wait!” You shouted at him, mentally hating yourself when you watched his expression deflate, eyelids drooping and the softest most heartbreaking look fill his eyes. “Kyungsoo, I love you so much,” you confessed as another soft sob left through your lips, “I have loved you since the first time you talked to me, but now I’m nothing to you.”

 

“You need to stop playing the victim every single time, Y/N. You always make me seem like I’m the villain. You need to learn not to blame on others’ shoulders. It’s not fair to me at all,” Kyungsoo spoke with a low voice, tugging you towards him to shield you away from the winter air despite you wanting to get away from him. “You also need to let me talk. When I say wait, you wait. Don’t just assume things that are not true.”

 

Your cheeks were flushed with the cold, but you retaliated stating that you were not just assuming but saying it was what it looked like. "Listen here, Kyungsoo," you said, raising your hand up to point your index finger at his chest, "I am not playing the victim here, and I never put the entire blame on you either. How dare you accuse me of that!" You scoffed at him, looking at him with tired, watery eyes. "If you're going to talk then do it already. Don't wait for your turn just because I'm a girl," you finished with.

 

Kyungsoo stood still in silence after everything you had said but then continued when he saw that you weren’t going to say anything else. “I’m not leaving you. Please forgive me for treating you like a ghost but I had a rough day at work today.”

 

You whimpered. It captured Kyungsoo's attention. “I don’t take it out on you when something happens at work or school, Kyungsoo. I’ll talk to you about it, but I won’t ignore you.”

 

“I know,” he replied, lowering his head as if ashamed. He probably was, after all. “Jongin just,” he chewed on the inside of his cheek, scowling the slightest bit, “he said something that bothered me.”

 

You stood in front of your favorite person, looking at him while his small hand shuffled around the inside of the pocket of his jacket. “Did it bother you because it was about me?” You inquired softly, almost reaching out to touch Kyungsoo’s shoulder but you pulled back immediately, possibly afraid of being rejected a second time.

 

Kyungsoo nodded his head, hand going completely slack. “If we stay with each other for too long, we’re going to drift apart someday, and it won’t be my fault or yours but life. Our different lives will get in the way of our happiness, and we will become distant. You know it, and I do too.”

 

You lowered your head to shield your watery eyes from Kyungsoo’s. “If you’re going to end our relationship then say it, Kyungsoo. Please, don’t give me a lame excuse and keep me in suspense anymore because I’m not sure how much my heart can take.”

 

The look Kyungsoo gave you was filled with hesitance; filled with regret; filled with guilt. “I can’t just give you up so easily like that, love.”

 

“But?” You spoke in a quiet voice, playing with the strands of your hair.

 

“Jongin,” Kyungsoo paused, carefully taking your hands into his to kiss them sweetly, “Jongin doesn’t know anything about us, so he has no say in anything that goes on with our life. If anything, if one of us was leaving, I think it would be you only because all of this makes my head hurt and I don’t want to deal with it.”

 

“But if you don’t deal with it head on then, it’s all going to accumulate, and then you’ll have an even bigger problem. What you just said to me made it seem like all of our arguments are nothing to you. And that you apologizing when you make me cry, is something easy for you to do,” you tried to reason with Kyungsoo. You frowned when he exhaled loudly through his mouth as if annoyed with what you just said, looking down to his pair of black and white Nike shoes.

 

“It’s not like that at all, Y/N. You’re misunderstanding everything I’ve said to you.” He shook his head only to look up at the night sky where little snowflakes were beginning to fall from the sky. “Let’s just go before you accuse me of something else,” he muttered to himself as he started to walk in the direction of your apartment.

 

You sighed shakily, keeping quiet about everything Kyungsoo had said to you a few moments prior. You never responded to him, but you did allow Kyungsoo to walk you back to your apartment building where the two of you went up to your place. Kyungsoo decided to stay the night knowing that in the morning he would be in trouble for not coming back to the dorm. He remained because maybe he sensed something off coming from you or because Kyungsoo wanted to reassure you that he was not giving up on you.

 

Back inside your apartment where you both took off your coats, scarfs, and shoes, you allowed Kyungsoo to walk away from you towards your kitchen to make himself a cup of tea. Maybe it was to soothe his voice from being used too much or perhaps it was to calm him down. Kyungsoo genuinely looked upset, and it made you sad to see your boyfriend this way.

 

“Kyungsoo,” you sighed softly as you stepped into the kitchen and watched the singer rummage through your black cupboards looking for a box of orange tea. “I’m sorry that you think that I am accusing you of things, but I’m not Soo. I’m just worried about you because it’s not just today that you have been down but you have been like this for the past few days. Are they giving you too much work again?” You asked as you approached Kyungsoo to place your hands on his shoulders gently, your fingers digging into his clothed shoulders to somehow release all the stress and tension hiding deep in his muscles.

 

You heard Kyungsoo let out a soft moan as your thumbs worked over the knots on his shoulders and back. “I don’t like seeing you looking so aloof when you’re with me. I like seeing you smile and laugh. I like seeing you become flustered when I compliment you or praise you for how well you did in one of your movies. If there’s something you want to talk about, Soo, anything, I’ll always be here to listen to your thoughts and worries. You know that right?”

 

You felt Kyungsoo sigh as he turned around after picking up the small packet of tea and placing it in a gray mug. His cheeks were colored a faint pink, and his lips were slightly chapped from the cold but so were yours. You studied his features under the artificial white light coming from above and offered him a comforting smile to which he smiled as well, nodding his head as he leaned in to brush his lips against yours.

 

“I know,” he murmured, bringing his hands up to cup your soft cheeks in his hands, leaning in again to slot his mouth with yours as you wrapped your right arm around his neck and placed your left hand on the side of his neck to hold him tightly.

 

You both pulled away to breathe, laughing softly and almost inaudibly as you both stared at each other with glassy eyes. “I’m sorry for yelling at you,” you mumbled against Kyungsoo's lips, “I shouldn’t have yelled at you like that. I’m...” you trailed off, not wanting to voice out your concerns to your already stressed boyfriend, so you steered the conversation elsewhere, saying you were stressed with upcoming assignments and projects to someone who was watching you with dull eyes.

 

“I’m sure you’ll do fine, Y/N. I’m always here cheering for you even if I’m not physically there to see you. I’m always right here,” he said, placing his right hand right above your left , not quite touching but almost.

 

You chuckled, smiling as you pulled away to prepare the tea for Kyungsoo. “You’ll always be in my ? I know you like to play with them,” you teased with another laugh, turning around fast enough to catch Kyungsoo blushing like a high school kid in love.

 

“I...yes, but no, that’s not what I meant, Y/N,” he muttered, already feeling embarrassed for admitting what you just said and for being caught blushing. He rolled his eyes as you began to boil the water. “Whatever, just hurry up and make my tea.”

 

“Why? Because you’re getting shy since I’m stating the truth?”

 

Y/N,” Kyungsoo said in a warning tone, already nearing you as he wrapped his arms around your waist to brush his cold lips against the side of your hot neck, “make my tea before I make you,” he whispered as he dragged his lips up your neck to nip the side of your earlobe. And then he was gone, chuckling to himself as he watched the color of your cheeks set ablaze.

 

ஐຸ

 

“That was very unfair of you to do that, Kyungsoo,” you grumbled as you sat against the singer's chest while he lightly dragged his fingers through your hair. “But hey, why do they keep shaving your hair off? I mean, what am I supposed to hold on to when we are, you know,” you trailed off with a blush already rising on your cheeks.

 

Kyungsoo’s back vibrated against your back, and you heard his husky voice suddenly speak into your ear, “You can always grab my , Y/N.”

 

Honestly, you weren’t expecting that answer to come from your shy boyfriend, but Kyungsoo had always been unpredictable to you since the first day you met him. You were about to open your mouth to respond when your phone pinged from the bedside table. You weren’t expecting a text from anyone at this hour, but it could have been your friend from school asking for some homework or about the project or Baekhyun wanting to bother you. “Can you pass me my phone?”

 

Kyungsoo sighed as he held you close to him but still reached out to grab your cell phone and give it to you.

 

You brought the phone up to your face and watched as the screen lit up. There was a single text message from your close friend Jaeha. You didn’t feel awkward or nervous when responding to the text with Kyungsoo behind you reading over your shoulder but this time was different because you heard Kyungsoo sigh in annoyance, moving slightly away from you.

 

“Why is he texting you at two in the morning asking you if you’re going to meet tomorrow?”

 

You shifted from where you were sitting, feeling the back of your sweater rub against Kyungsoo’s chest. You could feel the way his fingers gripped the sides of your hips as if he was possessive of you as if wanting to keep you with him. “I don’t know why Jaeha is texting me at this time. I only know that he’s awake because of his brother Yoseob.”

 

Kyungsoo’s fingers tightened on your hips, but then he let go, opting to bring his hands away from you. “You didn’t answer my question, Y/N.”

 

You huffed a breath, leaning your head back to rest it against your boyfriend’s right shoulder. “We’re going out to eat lunch and then we’re heading to the library.”

 

“So you’re going out on a date with him is what you’re trying to say.”

 

You sat up quickly to turn around and give Kyungsoo your attention. You were still holding your phone in your right hand but looked at Kyungsoo’s features that were almost invisible due to the only light streaming from the windows was the moonlight. “Soo, it’s not a date.”

 

“It sounds like it,” he stated, staring at you with unblinking eyes. He shifted his gaze from the glowing screen of your phone and back to your eyes that were looking at him with an are-you-kidding-me look. “He likes you.”

 

“He doesn’t.”

 

“He does. Why else would he text you at this time?”

 

“Are you asking me that?”

 

“I am.”

 

Kyungsoo’s stare was unwavering, and you couldn’t help but roll your eyes and crawl away from him to flop down on your back beside him. “It’s not a date. We are just having lunch before we go to the library to finish our project.”

 

“Why is it always Jaeha?”

 

Kyungsoo,” you whined, locking your phone and slamming it against the bed, “can you stop being like this?” You sighed in annoyance while Kyungsoo turned his head to look down at you. Even in the dark where the moonlight danced across his features, he still looked so damn handsome even with that smoldering glare now being directed to you. God, you wanted to pin him down and kiss him senseless.

 

“Being like what? It sounds like a damn date to me.”

 

“But it’s not!” You whined again, groaning as you rolled over away from Kyungsoo’s glare. “And quit glaring at me like that,” you added in as you pressed the home button to return to the thread of text messages. You answered yes to Jaeha that you would be meeting up with him at the train station so that you two could walk together.

 

“Glaring?” Kyungsoo’s voice was suddenly too close to your ear, chest being pressed against your back and his hips pressed tightly against your bottom. “What boyfriend wouldn’t be glaring at their girlfriend when she’s texting another boy while in bed with her boyfriend?”

 

Your breath hitched in your throat at the low husky voice speaking quietly into your ear, but you cleared your throat, rolling over to pin Kyungsoo down by his hands, straddling the singer beneath you. “It’s not a date, Kyungsoo. It’s not going to be just me and Jaeha, okay? He’s bringing his little brother along. Stop being jealous of someone that likes someone else. Jaeha and I have nothing but friendship between us, and he knows I have a boyfriend. Please stop,” you pleaded, heaving a sigh when Kyungsoo continued to stare at you quietly.

 

He his lips and looked away, gently detaching himself from you to turn his body away from you to face the other side of the room. “Just do whatever the you want, then.”

 

“Kyungsoo,” you called, feeling your shoulders deflate when he didn’t answer back. “Please don’t go to sleep mad at me...”

 

“Goodnight Y/N.”

 

ஐຸ

 


In the morning when the sun was out, the streets were filled with people in their suits and coats, cars were being driven by in different styles and colors, here you were sleeping in your bed next to Kyungsoo but the moment you found yourself waking up, through bleary eyes, you noticed that you were alone. How lovely, you thought as you ran your hand through your hair, shoulders deflating. You turned your head to check the pillow beside you and nightstand for some sort of note from your boyfriend but found nothing but your belongings. Kyungsoo’s pants were gone, and so was his cell phone. You felt it in your heart and burning behind your eyes.

 

You sighed softly and made yourself get up from bed to bring yourself into the bathroom where you did your morning routine and then headed to the kitchen to get a glass of water. You startled when you saw two black mugs with steam rising out of them and a shaved head possibly sleeping on your kitchen island. It was Kyungsoo, the one you had thought left without a word.

 

A smile tugged at the corner of your lips as you approached your boyfriend, slowly placing your hand on his arm to gently shake him awake. “Soo, wake up,” you whispered, dragging your hand upward to caress the softness of his head. It was a little prickly but still very very soft.

 

Kyungsoo murmured something in his sleep, and then he was inhaling deeply, opening his eyes and lifting his head from his arms.

 

You stared at him, and despite the atmosphere yesterday night, you bent forward to reach across the counter to plant your lips against his cheek in a good-morning-kiss. You wanted to ask if he had slept well since his eyes were red-rimmed and his face was swollen. “How did you sleep?” You wondered instead as you took a seat across from him, taking hold of the black handle of the mug to slide it over to yourself.

 

The steam coming from the black mug smelled like Chamomile, and the thought occurred to you that Kyungsoo only drank this when he was nervous or upset about something. This tea always helped him be calm again. You felt the sting behind your eyes as you looked at your boyfriend.

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes were half-lidded, occasionally blinking but nothing else. He stared at you in silence for some time while you took small sips of your tea. It was more bitter than sweet, but that’s how you liked it. You studied his face for the few moments of quietness where Kyungsoo just stared at you without saying anything. You took in his bare face, your eyes moving down from his smooth forehead, down to his eyebrows, half-lidded eyes that had a look in them that you could not seem to read, down his nose and then down to his pink lips. You didn’t know why but there was dread sitting in your stomach.

 

His voice soon enough broke you out of your thoughts.

 

“I’ve been thinking,” came his hoarse voice, low and deep either from sleep or singing too much, “and uh, it seems to me like you’re spending too much time with that Jaeha kid.”

 

You sipped your tea quietly while looking at the creases on Kyungsoo’s black sweatshirt. You wanted to roll your eyes but stopped yourself not further to upset your boyfriend. “Soo, he’s the only friend I have at school. I’ve told you countless time that I don’t get along with the students in my classes,” you whispered with trembling lips, gripping the sides of the hot mug. It may be burning your hands, but at this moment you didn’t care. “You already know why I don’t have any female friends or male friends,” you whimpered, shaking your head as you put down the mug on the counter to get up and leave.

 

“Wait, please,” Kyungsoo scrambled out of the kitchen chair when he saw you approaching your bedroom. He knew when you both got into an argument you would lock yourself in your room and refuse to leave. “I’m sorry, I know it’s hard to make friends, but you’re a sweet girl, Y/N. Anyone would be stupid not to become your friend.”

 

“But not if all the girls accuse me of stealing their boyfriends when I do nothing but mind my own damn business,” you sighed dejectedly, shoulders sagging as you admitted defeat. “If you think I see Jaeha behind your back—“

 

“I never said that—“

 

“No, you did not, but you thought about it last night, and every time you see me. I know you have, Kyungsoo, I’m not stupid.”

 

“I never said you were stupid, baby.”

 

“Kyungsoo,” you stomped your foot on the ground as you turned around to face him with jaded eyes. You were getting stressed out with this conversation, and on top of that, even while being distracted with Kyungsoo you had momentarily forgotten the most prominent news yet. Your period was a week late, and you had no idea how to break it down to Kyungsoo.

 

He was an idol. An idol with a music career and acting career. He barely had time for himself or you. But did he have time for a child? No, he did not. Not unless he left the industry but could you do that to Kyungsoo? No, you couldn’t. You loved him too much to destroy something he was so passionate about. You couldn’t tell him. You didn’t want to distract or worry him about your concerns, so you kept mum about everything. Distracted and lost within the constellations of thoughts in your mind, you failed to notice Kyungsoo trying to get your attention.

 

It wasn’t until he was standing in front of you waving his hand in front of your face that you finally came back to your senses. You blinked for a couple of times and then looked at him. He was upset that you weren’t listening to him, that much was evident to you. “Um, what?”

 

“Nothing,” he sighed more to himself, very annoyed that you hadn’t heard a word he said. “I’m leaving now so I’ll see you the day after tomorrow for Chanyeol hyung’s birthday.”

 

“Kyungsoo, wait,” you reached out to grab his arm, but the singer stopped to turn around and step closer to you so that your lips were almost brushing.

 

“Listen to me, Y/N. I don’t like that you’re going out to eat with Jaeha. I don’t like it at all, but I can’t do because I know you won’t ing listen to me so, don’t flirt.”

 

You leaned in to kiss his cheek, smiling when his cheeks turned red either from anger or shyness. “The only guy I’ll ever flirt with is you, Kyungsoo. I’m loyal to you always so you don’t have to worry about me,” you reassured, caressing the back of his neck as you pressed your lips against his for a few seconds before pulling away to smile at him.

 

Kyungsoo’s lip twitched as a smile formed but then turned down when he heard your phone go off and he went to grab it.

 

“Kyungsoo!” You shouted, running after him as he was busy unlocking your phone.

 

Jaeha 10:08 AM
Hey, so um, Yoseob wanted me to tell you that he says hi and that he can’t wait to see you. It might sound weird like he has a crush on you or something but it’s not like that um, yeah, so, I’ll see you today around two?

 

Kyungsoo turned his head to give you a cold look. “Who the hell does this kid think he is?”

 

“Kyungsoo, stop it, please,” you pleaded gently, trying to get your boyfriend to calm down but he was having none of it.

 

“What the , Y/N?”

 

“Please don’t misunderstand his words.”

 

“Oh, so you want me to act normal when his brother can’t wait to see you huh? Well, fine. Maybe now Yoseob can date you since I’m just a ing nobody!”

 

“It’s not like that at all!” You really tried to reason with Kyungsoo but he was blinded by jealousy and anger, and you just had so much stress that you couldn’t help but start to cry. “It’s not like that, Kyungsoo,” you sniffled, wiping your tears away as you watched through your blurry vision as Kyungsoo tossed your phone back on the table and walked away from you quietly.

 

“I’m leaving. I’ll see you later.”

 

Kyungsoo didn't even give you time to talk before the front door of your apartment was slammed shut.