1/1

The End

The loud screeching of tires and the shattering of glass slit through the silence of the calm and quiet night. Low and painful groans followed soon afterward as a weak and bruised up body attempted to roll over and away from the debris, but the pain that shot up their leg was enough to paralyze them where they laid. They had never seen the other car coming until it was too late and the sharp sound of metal against metal pierced through the air and their car had been sent tumbling sideways and colliding aggressively against the midnight black asphalt road.

 

The potent smell of burning rubber and gasoline lingered in the air and it made the injured driver dizzy with fear. Beyond the sound of rushing blood in their ears, they could also hear the faint drip-drop of a liquid substance. Their adrenaline started to kick in right then and there as the possibility that the car would catch on fire and explode could happen at any given moment. Still disoriented, the driver couldn’t tell what was up or down; the world looked like it had been tilted 180 degrees. Vaguely realizing that they might have severely injured their leg in the impact, they were more careful as they tried to remove themselves from the wreckage, again. Broken shards of glass dug deep into the palms of their hands as they clumsily crawled out through one of the broken car windows. Their arms trembled as they tried to keep their upper body up and moving. The cold asphalt beneath their body was rough against their tender and battered skin but still they kept crawling further away from what once resembled a working vehicle. Out of breath and thoroughly exhausted, they collapsed with their back on the cold hard ground.

 

They did not take notice of the pair of car headlights a few meters away. They did not see the pair of black combat boots that climbed out of the unknown car and the way slender legs made slow and purposeful strides towards them. It was only when those combat boots stopped almost a foot away from the injured driver's face that the collapsed man began to stir.

 

Their vision was blurry and faded in and out of focus. The world seemed foreign and for a second they couldn’t remember how or why they were on their back looking up at the dark night sky. Only there wasn’t just the dark night sky above them. They furrowed their eyes in confusion because how could this person be here? They tried to raise their arms but the excruciating hot flash of pain that followed made them whimper out loud. They wanted to know what was happening. How was it possible that this person was here? They briefly entertained the thought that they were hallucinating, but that thought was quickly thrown away.

 

"Jongin..."

 

There was no way he could believe what was happening. He hadn't heard that voice call his name in years. It was not possible to hear it after all the time that had passed.

 

"Jongin, I'm so sorry..."

 

Jongin willed himself to focus his vision because he needed to see them with his own eyes. Their voice was very faint and Jongin could not believe that it was really them, but their presence, right next to him, felt so absolutely real. He needed to see that it was them right there in front of him and not his mind that was trying to make a fool out of him. Jongin opened his eyes slowly and tilted his head to gaze up at the unknown figure that hovered over him. The back of his throat went dry as he set his sights on the man just above him. Jongin’s body went completely still while his mind’s entire sense of ‘what was real’ utterly fell apart the moment frigid pale hands cradled his head upwards.

 

"Please, don’t close your eyes. Jongin, stay with me. You can't leave me."

 

Jongin attempted to speak but it all came out in an incomprehensible mess.

 

"Don't try to speak. I'll explain everything later...just please...please stay with me."

 

He couldn’t believe what he was seeing. A brow furrowed in both concern and worry adorned the other man's face. Those familiar big eyes, that Jongin used to lose himself in, were now stained red and b with tears. Jongin couldn't help but feel so elated at the sight and yet so very pissed off and confused all at the same time because he still couldn't believe that this person could be there. Through the haze and the pain he knew he wasn’t just hallucinating. He could feel the soft skin of the other man's hands on his face as they wiped away at the blood falling from his wounds. A content sigh escaped Jongin's lips at being able to feel the touch of the man he thought he would never be able to see or talk to ever again. A person that Jongin could never have hoped to have in his arms one last time, no matter how much he had screamed and pleaded at the heavens above to return him.

 

"Kyungsoo!"

 

He's alive... 

 

Jongin could feel Kyungsoo flinch against him at the sudden sound of the booming voice that had called his name.

 

"Kyungsoo, what do you think you're doing?! You need to finish this now!"

 

"Screw you! I can't-"

 

Jongin could hear the overwhelming distress in Kyungsoo’s voice as the man tried to speak. Kyungsoo’s panic and indecisiveness was evident in his voice and Jongin felt downright useless at not being able to help his beloved in any way.

 

The sound of footsteps moved closer the more Kyungsoo remained quiet and failed to make the choice the unknown third party wanted him to make.

 

"Kyungsoo, if you don't do this now you know what will happen!"

 

"I know what will happen!”

 

“If you know then get on with it then!”

 

Kyungsoo’s hands trembled against Jongin’s head. All Jongin wanted was to pull Kyungsoo down against him and tell him that it was going to be alright. To tell Kyungsoo that he was not going anywhere, that whatever Kyungsoo decided it was going to be okay because he was alive and they could be together again. Jongin wanted to tell Kyungsoo that he would never let anything happen to the other man for as long as he lived-

 

"You need to kill him."

 

What little blood Jongin had left in his body goes ice cold upon hearing the finality and threat that underlined those last words.

 

Kill? Kill who?

 

The answer to Jongin’s questions came in the form of his beloved looking over him with nervous eyes. Kyungsoo’s internal turmoil and inability to make a choice was blatantly obvious all over his face.

 

“You know I can’t do it. I love him. He means too much to me….you knew from the start...and yet you still….please don’t make me do this….”

 

Kyungsoo... 

 

Jongin doesn't need to look or ask twice to know who was suppose to kill who. The unknown person had ordered Kyungsoo to kill him and Kyungsoo was hesitating. Jongin didn't know if he should feel betrayed or relieved in that moment.

 

Betrayed because how could Kyungsoo come back only to kill him? Did their love really mean so little to him? Or, relieved because at least Jongin would know that he wouldn't have to live his life without Kyungsoo any longer. He couldn't go back to how he was living when he didn't have Kyungsoo with him. He couldn't bare to go through that again. Especially not now that he knew that Kyungsoo was still alive.

 

"Kyungsoo do it now! Or, I'll do it myself!"

 

"! SHUT UP!"

 

Kyungsoo’s deep and guttural reply made Jongin jump in surprise. He had never heard Kyungsoo yell like that to anyone. Jongin could feel his head touch the hard ground beneath him as Kyungsoo gently lowered his head back down. The pain in his neck was unbearable and Jongin let out a heavy sigh as his head was lowered.

 

So, this is how it ends... 

 

Jongin heard the click of what he could only assume was a gun. He looked up and was almost instantly filled with regret as he witnessed Kyungsoo raise his arm with a firearm in hand. Jongin took one last look at his beloved before he slowly shut his eyes and waited for the darkness to take him. The last thing Jongin heard was the loud echoing bang of a gun being fired.

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

A/N- if it makes you guys feel better I would not have had Kyungsoo kill Jongin if I had written an actual story for this ahahaha I would've made this an ending scene for a cliffhanger of a chapter *insert evil laugh here* 😂 I love angst 🙃 Anyway, I hope this drabble wasn't horrible...

P.S.  I can't believe I made a semi-nice looking edit for the cover of this chapter 👀👀